How Old Are The Royals? (Minor Spoilers)

Nukemind

Howdy! Nukemind here, I was curious how old the royals really are. I got in an argument on Reddit about it, and I can't use spoilers on my phone which is why I put it in the title.

So the fairly minor spoilers- neither groups are his birth siblings, and at least in Nohr all but Marxander are children of concubines, meaning their age could be very close to each other.

I had heard, alternatively, that Elise is 12 and 14 in Japan. My personally Headcanon is that, for Nohr at least, they are 16, 17, 17, and 20. However- that's Headcanon. I'm curious what the REAL canon is. I understand both 14 and 16 would be adults in Middle Ages-esque times, but from a modern perspective finding someone for her to marry so I could have a kid was... Weird to say the least.

Meanwhile on the Hoshido side I have no clue. They Sakura and Takumi seem older than Elise and Leo, Hinoka seems younger than Camilla, and I can't place Lobster Man at ALL.

So that's all that I've observed. Again, curious if there is any canon for their ages. Or even any hints.

I feel like Xander is in his late twenties, Ryoma is in his mid twenties, Camilla is in her mid twenties, Hinoka is like 18 or so, Takumi is probably 16, Leo is 16, Sakura is like 13-14, and Elise is 12. That's just my guess. And considering that I guessed the ages of Chrom, Lissa, and Ike all correctly, well... :P

There are no official ages, so everyones interpretation is fair game.

My headcanon (taken from their respective behaviours and physical impression):

Marx: 26

Ryouma: 25

Camilla: 23

Hinoka: 21

Kamui: 19/18

Leon: 18

Takumi: 17

Sakura: 15

Elise: 13

Of course this was before the localisation produced the "the adult you technically are" line, so it's even more uncertain now.

No clue about the canon ages but this is what I would guess:

I think Xander and Ryoma are in their mid twenties. I feel like Camilla is probably in her early twenties, then Hinoka is like 18/19.

Takumi probably is 17 and Leo around 18. I feel that Sakura is 15 and Elise is 13 or 14.

EDIT: Forgot... Kamui is probably 19 or 20. Leaving Azura to be 19.

Edited by Jin

Ryouma - 25

Marx - 25
Camilla - 22
Hinoka - 21
Aqua- 20
Kamui - 19
Leon - 18
Takumi - 17
Sakura - 15
Elise - 12

Not sure what the ages are but those are my headcanons regarding that matter.

Of course this was before the localisation produced the "the adult you technically are" line, so it's even more uncertain now.

That one line made me go "wtf do you mean Leon?!"

Edited by Avarice_Shadow

My personal thoughts:

Xander and Ryoma are around mid twenties with Xander being older by a year.

Camilla is early twenties

Hinoka is 19

Corrin and Azura are 17/18

Takumi and Leo are 16

Sakura is around 13/14 but she could also be 15

Elise is 13, since from what I understand, 13 was the age in which you are considered an adult in medieval times and they tended to get married off to bare children since puberty normally happened around 13.

Edited by Azz

Oh, if I had to say exact ages...

Ryoma - 25

Xander - 28

Hinoka - 18

Camilla - 24

Takumi - 16

Leo - 16

Elise - 12

Sakura - 14

Oh, and Corrin is 17-18.

Edited by Anacybele

This is exactly what I had in mind! The only change I might do is Sakura as 14 instead of 15.

Wow thank you all. Maybe I do watch to much anime (and yes, that's basically all I watch- from DBZ and YGO when I was younger, to Gundam, HS DxD, Guren, and many others these days)- thought the younger ones were older and the older ones were younger.

Again thank you all, will help me understand the siblings better.

I'm going to guess:

Corrin: 16-18 for the younger build / 18-20 for the larger build

Aqua: Probably same as Corn

Xander: 25-27

Ryoma: 25-26

Camilla: 22-24

Hinoka: 20-22

Leon: 16-17

Takumi:15-16

Elise: 13ish

Sakura: 14-15

Now guess the ages for all the characters

Edited by SilverPants

This is anime, so Camilla is probably 14 and Elise around 1000 like Nowi.

I mean it's not anime, but it's anime style, which is what threw me. Like if you watch HS DxD (only Ecchi I have or will watch... Lost a bet with a friend) Akeno and Rias could be ALOT older, but they are 17-18. Similarly, the Princess in Gundams are generally 16-18 despite looking almost like adults. And then anyone who is loli-like ends up being 15-16. Then again, I'm bad at judging people's ages in real life, so judging the age of pixels is even harder XD.

Yeah that line was why I thought she was 14-16. Then again, we don't know much about Nohr's age customs, or even Hoshido's. It not just Middle Ages with magic: it's a whole nother world.

My guesses:

Xander: 28

Ryoma: 27

Camilla: 25

Hinoka: 23

Azura: 20

Corrin: 20

Leo: 19

Takumi: 19

Sakura: 18

Elise: 16

Reasoning:

- Xander looks older than Ryoma to me, but his birthday is in a month after his, so there's about a year between them.

- Elise is "technically an adult", which in the medieval ages would probably be 14, but 16 is the lowest I'm comfortable with. We also know that she's the youngest, since she hadn't been born when Corrin was kidnapped, but Sakura and Takumi were.

- Azura and Corrin were likely born within a year of each other, given the fast-paced timeline. A minor detail is that she was born before him, as

Anankos didn't hook up with Mikoto until he'd killed Azura's father, meaning Arete had to have either given birth to or been pregnant with Azura beforehand.

My original ages had everyone two years younger, but when Elise was pronounced an "adult", I had to bump them all up.

Marx/Ryouma - 25/26/27
Camilla - 21-22
Hinoka - 19/20
Azura - 18/19
Kamui 17-19
Leon/Takumi 17-18
Sakura/Elise 14/15.

I feel mostly comfortable in saying Camilla is definitely older than Hinoka, but mostly everyone else I guess around to be the same age, barring a few months here and there. We do know canonically that Elise must be the youngest, since her mother was likely pregnant with her when Azura was kidnapped, since they were stated never to have met. Otherwise, I think it can go any which way... I can't say I think Elise or Sakura are over fifteen, and the lowest I'm comfortable going is fourteen for those two. But it has been stated above me, different eras distinguished between ages much differently than our current one does.

Xander: mid-thirties to early forties (34-42)

Ryouma: Early to late thirties (30-37)

Camilla: late twenties (26-28)

Hinoka: twenty to mid twenties (20-25)

Leon: early twenties (20-24)

Takumi: mid twenties (24-26)

Elise: 13 (that is the most generous I'm willing to be on that.)

my guess anyways

My guesses are:

Ryoma: ~30

Xander: ~28

Camilla: ~26

Hinoka and Azura: ~21

Corrin: ~20 for the bigger build, ~17 for the smaller

Sakura: ~14

Elise: ~13

Though, the younger siblings are definitely "technically" older.

Also, am I the only one who things Ryoma's the older of the two older brothers? Everyone else seems to put Xander as the eldest.