So what in fates is the most rage inducing for you (gameplay wise)

Locke087

Good to know I'm not the only one with obsurd hit/dodge rates. It only has happened to me less than a handful of times across MULTIPLE games but with Fates its happened to me several times and I'm only on Chapter 8.

Bugs me how many types of seals there are and I still kinda gotta wrap my head around not resetting to level 1 and staying the same level.

Also Having every type of weapons picture be the same from E to S irks me.

And Weapon EXP growth is TURTLE LEVELS OF SLOW.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mozu got RNG screwed and I had to ultimately drop her as after all those kills I was feeding her, she only had 10 strength at level 14.

Also, in Chapter 14, Kana, Beruka, and Keaton were all stuck in this small area with a ton of bow units. Kana and Beruka were paired up, and Keaton was down to 4 health. Really tight situation and I sat for like 20 minutes trying to think of a way out. Eventually, what I did was I transferred Kana to Keaton and had Beruka use Lunge on the bowed Pegasus Knight (forgot what they're called). I then had Kana use lunge on it again, Dual Guard activated, and the first attack missed, so the enemy took no damage. However, using Lunge on it twice just barely put in range of Niles, and I was able to have him kill it there, and since the other archers were on the other side, the only one that was in range of Beruka, needed to stand on a space currently occupied by a now formerly paired up pegasus knight. And ultimately the Pegasus Knight moved last, so I got all of them out completely safe.

... That was until that Pegasus Knight flew South and killed Selena who I didn't know I put in range of so many units. So that was... something.

Other than that, stupid random crits have been bad.

Edited by Magikarpador

I very rarely have issues with the game's RNG. I mean yeah, sometimes you'll get those moments that make you call bullshit, but it's bound to happen in anything. Maybe I'm just lucky.

I hate ninjas. I have since the game came out in Japan, and nothing's changed. They are, in my opinion, THE most annoying class in the game.

First off, there can't ever just be one of them, they always have to come in swarms or gang up on you with other units, the pricks.

Second, unless you can one-shot them, they're gonna debuff you, and there's no way to avoid it unless you're lucky enough to have a full meter from Guard Stance because it's not like they ever miss. It doesn't matter if you're ranged or melee, they WILL get you. One debuff later, and your tankiest unit is getting chip-damaged to death by a swarm of ninjas with snake venom. They're so annoying... whenever I see an enemy ninja, I just don't even want to go near them.

The other thing that aggravates me would be units with abilities that they obviously have no business having. I can appreciate that they're trying to give me an interesting challenge, but when I see Kagero with grisly wound, it's like you're not even the correct species for that, get out of here.

The exp algorithm isnt a thing on Revelation? Really?

Pretty sure it does. My Kamui is 20/18 and he receives like 1-2 XP from promoted units below 10, whilst people in the 10-15 range get a helluvaalotta more. Personally, I just double scout all the later regions. Always me to level up my units, and raise all their supports.

Conquest chapter 12 was annoying. I didn't have a problem with 10, and 11 was really fun, but 12 was just annoying. I have yet to defeat Ryoma on that chapter, I just always escape. There are so many enemies, and you have to be done in 16 turns. It leaves no time to clear the way and prepare for a fight with an already promoted swordsmaster with a legendary sword. No thanks, I will escape instead, especially when he can kill Corrin in two hits.

Ryoma dies real good if you just park a dark mage next to him, pitch a dagger, position camilia for rose, and smack him in the face with dual club arthur, a high str muscle woman with a forged lance/steel lance, or a triggered silias (any of the above is a flat ohko on any difficulty) there's plenty of time to get every kill and chest in 12 if you abuse the dragonvein and the staff user top right.

Also ch 15 conquest annoys me, its a cool map and the obligatory level the lord map. but it so slow and clunky compared to the rest of the game. (birthrights joke difficulty level even on the highest setting also bugs me, but its still a fun game)

Edited by joshcja

Conquest chapter 12 was annoying. I didn't have a problem with 10, and 11 was really fun, but 12 was just annoying. I have yet to defeat Ryoma on that chapter, I just always escape. There are so many enemies, and you have to be done in 16 turns. It leaves no time to clear the way and prepare for a fight with an already promoted swordsmaster with a legendary sword. No thanks, I will escape instead, especially when he can kill Corrin in two hits.

It was pretty easy once I got the hang of it; Effie paired up with Arthur was able to tank and one-shot the Herb Merchants with a forged javelin after I smashed all the pots.

In general, it's pretty straightforward.

I hated that chapter. After getting past all those stupid pots and killing difficult reinforcements, I wasn't even going to given Ryoma the chance of landing the odd critical hit (not that he needed one to easily kill most of my characters).

Character statues, and their construction. It's bad enough they require so many kills to upgrade to gold level, but requiring a total of 12 Dragon Vein points as well? Something so important to post-game play should not have to be so tedious and time consuming. Makes me miss Limit Breaker from Awakening, and I never thought I'd say that.

This is a rather hyperbolic statement .Kagero and Takumi are ridiculous. As is Keaton. Kaden's good. Oboro's decent, Hinata's alright. Saizou's busy waiting for Charlotte or Fighter!Beruka but ninjas have dual effective weaponry in Revelation and avoid counters. Hayato is ridiculous, Silas's speed is a real bummer but he's kinda godly otherwise. Camilla and Leo are givens, especially Leo who is significantly better than Xander in the route. Some cross route pairings allow for ridiculousness (Hana/Keaton, Kagero/Arthur).

But yes, stronger enemies and higher concentration of promoted enemies earlier than other routes encourages lowmanning.

[spoiler=Revelations]I deliberately used the word “considerable” to be vague. And “godly” and “ridiculous” are not “rather hyperbolic”? ;P

I mean, I used both Mozu and Odin my first run of it and didn’t really have a hard time. They were good enough after catching up, with the best pp offense and the Horse Spirit+Dark Knight combo. Babying is quite easy with attack stance, and favoritism is obviously strong for experienced players.

Let’s see though. In C9 we’ve got Onis sitting at 22 atk/9 AS and 31 hp/15 def. Hana literally has 19 atk/14 AS and 25 hp/9 Def after tonics and Rinkah. Yeah that’s a cool 4x2 for a 4round, while getting 2hko’d. And there’s 22 atk/11 AS and 28 hp/14 def Spear Fighters that Hana can’t double without +Spd Pairs, and losing Rinkah’s +4 means she does 1 damage.

1. (edit: it might 0 from wtd? too hard to calc. >_>)

And there’s Ninjas that can debuff and more fun stuff. Even the mages require 16 AS and 17 atk to kill. Exactly how many levels is she getting in P1 if you’re not 7 turning-ish with Jakob/Corrin? enough that, if one did similarly on all the chapters, Mozu and Odin are ridiculously godly.

Ryoma is a better version of all the other 1-2 range foot units. And I remember only trusting Corrin and Xander (specifically not Ryoma) to survive and kill stuff if I flew them over in later chapters, if wanting to do them efficiently. I haven’t played those chapters in a while, but Leo and Camilla really have the durability? (they get rekted in my endgame save but I stopped using them in favor of the royal kids b/c no deployment slots. Maybe I’ll look at some averages later. Everyone else has worse bases.) You have any stats?

I’m planning to try all the non-Royal characters (like Hayato, Kagero, Silas) who are supposed to be good my current Revelations run so eh.

Revelations is rage inducing with how slow the chapters can be and how buff enemies are so this is on topic. >_>

Re: Conquest 12: I usually go up the right side so I don't bother with the DV (Shelter Zero to not deal with Spendthrift Bows) and it’s not too hard to get both chests quickly, but apparently in Lunatic it's is moved to closer to Saizou/Kagero, and whoever triggers it (and Elise is *spoilers*) gets half max hp from a nearby pot. Kinda clever but also ragey.

Edited by XeKr

Enemy hit rates seems really high compared to previous games to the point where WTA is only useful in helping me hit while not really hindering the enemy. Combine that with just pitiful HP from most characters, ugh. In other games I could get by with one healer but now I'm finding that if I don't have two I'm gonna get screwed.

I deliberately used the word “considerable” to be vague. And “godly” and “ridiculous” are not “rather hyperbolic”? ;P

I mean, I used both Mozu and Odin my first run of it and didn’t really have a hard time. They were good enough after catching up, with the best pp offense and the Horse Spirit+Dark Knight combo. Babying is quite easy with attack stance, and favoritism is obviously strong for experienced players.

Let’s see though. In C9 we’ve got Onis sitting at 22 atk/9 AS and 31 hp/15 def. Hana literally has 19 atk/14 AS and 25 hp/9 Def after tonics and Rinkah. Yeah that’s a cool 4x2 for a 4round, while getting 2hko’d. And there’s 22 atk/11 AS and 28 hp/14 def Spear Fighters that Hana can’t double without +Spd Pairs, and losing Rinkah’s +4 means she does 1 damage.

And there’s Ninjas that can debuff and more fun stuff. Even the mages require 16 AS and 17 atk to kill. Exactly how many levels is she getting in P1 if you’re not 7 turning-ish with Jakob/Corrin? enough that, if one did similarly on all the chapters, Mozu and Odin are ridiculously godly.

Ryoma is a better version of all the other 1-2 range foot units. And I remember only trusting Corrin and Xander (specifically not Ryoma) to survive and kill stuff if I flew them over in later chapters, if wanting to do them efficiently. I haven’t played those chapters in a while, but Leo and Camilla really have the durability? (they get rekted in my endgame save but I stopped using them in favor of the royal kids b/c no deployment slots. Maybe I’ll look at some averages later. Everyone else has worse bases.) You have any stats?

I’m planning to try all the non-Royal characters (like Hayato, Kagero, Silas) who are supposed to be good my current Revelations run so eh.

Revelations is rage inducing with how slow the chapters can be and how buff enemies are so this is on topic. >_>

Re: Conquest 12: I usually go up the right side (Shelter Zero to not deal with Spendthrift Bows) and it’s not too hard to get both chests quickly, but apparently the Dragon’s Vein in Lunatic is moved to closer to Saizou/Kagero, and whoever triggers it (and Elise is *spoilers*) gets half max hp. Kinda clever but also ragey.

I was being hyperbolic as well, but the early game trio of Kaze, Hana, and Tsubaki really need a lot of exp in 1x to function in C9 and you can only focus on one of them. Fortunately, C10 enemies are much less bulky for some reason and they can catch up there. Mozu I can understand because at least she has the availability but I'm struggling to see how you made Odin work. Seriously, even ignoring his sad joining situation, a chapter after he joins enemies promote en masse and 25 speed is the safe doubling benchmark and he has 10 base. To answer the question, Hana gets 4 levels in about 9 to 10 turns, nowhere near comparable to how long it would take to get mozu to the same point much less odin

Anyway Camilla is still Camilla. Tonics and Wyvern still put her at 36 HP/22 Def with 50/55 growths and she joins in 13. Leo has access to horse god and can start orkoing earlier than Xander. A lot earlier. And Horse God + tonics puts him at 39 HP/21 Def. That's good. You could even throw him the C10 dracoshield and/or seraph robe. I'd even argue Xander needs "considerable" investment relative to Cam/Leo since his base speed is very poor, enemies are mostly faster, and there aren't as many speedwings given to you for free

On topic, the pots in c12 suck.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

chapter 10 in conquest was a bit frustrating on hard mode but it was also a ton of fun and epic as hell.

The only thing that really frustrates me is the RNG in relation to stat growths. My avatar's been doing great (I'll admit i tend to game the system for him when I can :B): ) But my allies have been less than stellar when it comes to stat growths. That can be killer, especially in conquest. It can be dealt with to an extent through strategy and positioning, but eventually you just get outclassed.

That and Takumi, just Takumi. :facepalm: I hate his whiny attitude. The only thing that makes him bearable is being able to plant him into the ground chapter after chapter.

Edited by Shadow Knight

Can someone explain why Nohr Chapter 19 is considered rage-inducing?

I just used a Beastkiller and Flannel's Beastbane, and it was pretty straightforward.

Mostly early chapter for me, the jerks kept dogpileing me early on, and my glass cannon units didn't stand a chance. Once I figured out how to properly bait enemies in this chapter, it became a breeze, but it took me 7 tries to figure that out.

I just used a Beastkiller and Flannel's Beastbane, and it was pretty straightforward.

Hits rates and invincibility for serial turns sometimes + pass (that said I don't think this chapter is that hard) Edited by Locke087

Enemy Ninjas in general and enemy Ninjas with Lunge specifically. Nothing like having your day ruined like the Ninja Lunge Swarm or the Ninja Poison Swarm that Hoshido likes to use in Conquest.

Speaking of Conquest, Chapters 10 and 12. The former is bad even before Takumi eliminates most of your checkpoints, and the latter has those awful pots and both have everyone's favorite pests, Ninjas. Conquest 11 comes close for me if only because Archers with flippin' Counter.

Freeze and Hexing Rods. Freeze is marginally less terrible because it doesn't outright make a unit useless most of the time, but they're both annoying in general.

Must be a higher difficulty thing. On classic Normal, I didn't find it particularly challenging, especially after having completed a bunch of child paralogues.