Amiibo Thread

Anacybele

So, for those who don't know quite everything about the Amiibo squad, or want advice on recruiting them, this is the thread. :)

I've only gotten Ike and don't really plan to use any of the others right now, so individually I can only talk about him. But I know some things that should also apply to the other three.

Firstly, to recruit them, you have to summon them to your castle three times. That means you scan the Amiibo three times. The first couple of times, they give you accessories. The third time is when they challenge you! If you beat them, they join your party.

Secondly, they can learn their own skills via level up.

They also have some battle lines, including crit lines! Ike actually did a crit for me on a whopping 3% chance and he shouted "Let's end this!" (I really wish he'd said "I have no sympathy for you!" lol but it was still cool. XD) His battle lines I've seen so far include "Shouldn't have been in my way", "I win" and "Better luck next time." He also gives a thank you when healed up and his partner dual strikes.

Strangely though, they have no lines for the sparkly tiles or level ups. I find this odd because I'd think that giving them text lines is easier than voiced ones... But anyway.

And as everyone probably knows, they can't support with anyone. I believe they do still grant some pair-up bonuses though.

Lastly, Ike's just as awesome as he always is in FE. He keeps getting str, speed, and def like nobody's business. He's gotten some HP too, of course. He doesn't come with Aether, but I hear he can get it at lv. 25. And despite that, he still sometimes uses the animation he had for Aether back in PoR and RD. He can use axes/clubs too, btw, so give him one for when Ragnell won't be reliable enough.

Anyone that wants to provide info on Marth, Robin, and Lucina, feel free to do that. :)

EDIT: Oh yeah, I forgot one more thing! The Amiibo squad will sometimes be found running the shops in your castle, and they'll sell replicas of their unique weapons, I hear.

EDIT2: Now that I've heard several of Ike's lines, I'll complie a list of them here in spoiler tags. When I can make out what this one line he's using is, but has been too faint for me to understand, I'll add that one as well.

Ike's Battle Lines

Critical/Skill Activation

"Let's end this!"

"Sorry, friend."

Enemy Defeated

"Shouldn't have been in my way."

"I win."

"Better luck next time."

"Who's next?"

"Ha!"

"Hmph."

"Guess I was stronger."

Healed/Sung to

"Thank you!"

"Thanks!"

Pair-Up

"We can do this!"

"I've got your back."

"Stay with me."

"Hold on."

"It's alright."

Pair-up Partner Defeats Enemy

"You're pretty tough."

"Thanks!"

"Guess I took too long."

Dual-Strike

"Move over!"

"Incoming!" (I think, this was another one of those hard to make out lines. Dang it, Adkins, speak up, will you? xP)

"Let's finish this!"

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The skills they can get are already posted on Serenes' Other page when viewing the acquirable skills.

Robin's Book of Thoron is pretty nice and the weak(er) version holds up pretty well for awhile as well. Divine Ragnell being 1~2 range without a hefty negative is nice, but too bad the weaker version is only 1 range, still good for Ike.

Ike's Strengthtaker being progressive as it is seems hard to justify for me 5 kills with the same unit to get +10 str sounds, but vs it has pretty much 0 use and in the castle it's not great either considering there are fairly limited targets there. Speedtaker in the same vein. Awakening has my vote for the best skill the Amiibos come with the straight 30 bonusacross hit, crit, evade, and avoid even if it requires you to be at half seems like a good deal to me for some builds, the rest of the skills for the most part seem to get outclassed by skills available in-game. That said Ignis is pretty nice still for an active and Aether is Aether, I'm going to reserve full judgement on the actives until I actually sit down and crunch some numbers, but the change on Ignis is for the better at my first glance.

Hmm...better make him a Dread Fighter and getting him the Iron Will skill since his Res isn't good and he'll need all of it that he can get against those tome users.

Edited by PuffPuff

The Amiibo are badass. I've been reluctant to tackle them until I feel sufficiently prepared to face them. At least, being close to the same levels without really exceeding them.

i just hope Ike retains his "prepare yourself" for crits/skill activation.

Oh, I'd love that too!

And I've discovered a couple more of Ike's battle lines. I've heard him say "Who's next?" after killing a unit (I got Lon'qu vibes from that one lol so badass!) and "You're pretty tough" when his partner does a dual strike. Jason Adkins needs to speak up a bit next time though, I keep hearing Ike say something else as well, but I can't make it out because he's not loud enough. And this is coming from someone with sensitive hearing. I guess I need to turn up my volume.

I should edit the OP to compile a list of Ike's English lines for the site.

Taco, you told me you already got Ike, haven't you used him much? lol

Also, I keep forgetting to ask something to others who have used Amiibo. I keep hearing about this "Divine Ragnell" that Ike is supposed to have, but my Ike's Ragnell is just Ragnell... Where are people getting the Divine Ragnell?

I also recall that Robin references Smash when he's first summoned to your castle by saying he either was launching foes or getting launched. lol Now I really wish Ike had some of his Smash lines or a skill called Eruption... :P

Oh, that explains it. :P

Taco: Oh okay. lol I've kept Ike in my party ever since I got him. <3

He looks great as a Dread Fighter.

Always make him one as I've gotta protect him better from Mag. <3

Oh yeah, I bet Ike looks great in that getup! I like him enough in his normal outfit though. lol

Also, I found more Ike lines, so OP updated! He has a lot of enemy defeated lines, it seems. But each Amiibo unit may only have one critical line in total. I saw Ike crit a couple more times, and one time, he said nothing (but opened his mouth, that's weird lol), while the second time, he used the "Let's end this!" line again. That's disappointing. D:

Edited by Anacybele

The Amiibo squad will sometimes be found running the shops in your castle, and they'll sell replicas of their unique weapons, I hear.

Has anybody had this happen, yet? Does it seem like they're randomly in the weapon shop like everybody else? I have all four of them beaten and recruited, and I have yet to see one running anything.

Also, what if you recruit them via logbook in a different save file? Do they still have a chance of running things if recruited that way?

Has anybody had this happen, yet? Does it seem like they're randomly in the weapon shop like everybody else? I have all four of them beaten and recruited, and I have yet to see one running anything.

Also, what if you recruit them via logbook in a different save file? Do they still have a chance of running things if recruited that way?

It does happen randomly like everyone else granted the more characters you have recruited the lower the chance is.

I think the logbook ones are different and act more as Einherjar.

Update! Sorry about the double post, but I discovered Ike DOES have at least one other crit/skill activation line! He just used Aether and said "Sorry, friend." That's...a little weird for him, imo, but whatever. :P