U.S. Version of FE Fates and AMIIBO Compatibility Questions

Smakuel

Most people are aware you can use AMIIBO in Fates and use them as units, but as someone with a U.S. copy of Fates, I am wondering if I need to acquire the same region import for AMIIBO to work. (I have no experience with them whatsoever and do not want to buy a Europe import since it will cost less than have been useless due to regions. Thank you.

That, I'm not sure of. But you will have to use the Amiibo multiple times in one save file if you want to recruit them to your party. Scanning them once only has them give you a gift. Scan them three times, and they'll battle you. Beat them in said battle to recruit them. I've only recruited Ike, but he was tough, so I'm assuming the other three are tough as well. Go in with a good strong party.

The good news is that Amiibo are not region-locked as already mentioned. I have a "Japanese" Ike and he works just fine.

The bad news is that you need to scan them 3 times as Anacybele mentioned, but there's a delay on the scan times. I don't have the details on how much time that is (I did it over three separate real-life days), but it's not super fast.

The other bad news is that it's only for a single save file, so you have to repeat the process for each one of them.

The good news is that Amiibo are not region-locked as already mentioned. I have a "Japanese" Ike and he works just fine.

The bad news is that you need to scan them 3 times as Anacybele mentioned, but there's a delay on the scan times. I don't have the details on how much time that is (I did it over three separate real-life days), but it's not super fast.

The other bad news is that it's only for a single save file, so you have to repeat the process for each one of them.

The delay just requires a chapter between each scan.

That, I'm not sure of. But you will have to use the Amiibo multiple times in one save file if you want to recruit them to your party. Scanning them once only has them give you a gift. Scan them three times, and they'll battle you. Beat them in said battle to recruit them. I've only recruited Ike, but he was tough, so I'm assuming the other three are tough as well. Go in with a good strong party.

Lucina has 2 flyers with her so make sure you have an archer. The rest shouldn't be tough to deal with. The enemies are all about level 14 in her stage, so just make sure to be the appropriate level. I don't know about Marth or Robin.

Lucina has 2 flyers with her so make sure you have an archer. The rest shouldn't be tough to deal with. The enemies are all about level 14 in her stage, so just make sure to be the appropriate level. I don't know about Marth or Robin.

They're pretty doable around chapter 15/16ish.

Er, okay... Even though I never planned to even get her Amiibo. This would be useful for someone that is, though.

Also, if the Amiibo run the accessories shop, they'll sell their exclusive accessories. I noticed Ike's Pauldron and the Yune Pauldron (I think that was the name) in the accessory shop when I saw Ike in it.

Edited by Anacybele

You can recruit them in other save files through the logbook, but then they'll be missing their unique weapon. And without the Amiibo you can't make them take care of stores either.

Edited by NeonZ

You can recruit them in other save files through the logbook, but then they'll be missing their unique weapon. And without the Amiibo you can't make them take care of stores either.

They keep their unique weapons regardless of whether you recruit them through the unit logbook or through battling them.

They keep their unique weapons regardless of whether you recruit them through the unit logbook or through battling them.

They do? I didn't actually buy any from the logbook, but no one else comes with equipment and it doesn't appear listed in their logbook profile. That's actually pretty good then if true, especially regarding usage of the DLC seals.

Edited by NeonZ

They do? I didn't actually buy any from the logbook, but no one else comes with equipment and it doesn't appear listed in their logbook profile. That's actually pretty good then if true, especially regarding usage of the DLC seals.

You actually can't even take off their weapon. If you use the store all/optimize buttons they'll always keep their signature weapons.