What was your first Fire Emblem game?

DarkDestr0yer61

422 members have voted

1. 1. What is the first Fire Emblem game that you have played?

• FE 1: Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light
    • FE 2: Gaiden
    • FE 3: Mystery of the Emblem (Book 1)
    • FE 3: Mystery of the Emblem (Book 2)
    • FE 4: Genealogy of the Holy War
    • FE 5: Thracia 776
    • FE 6: Binding Blade
    • FE 7: Blazing Sword
    • FE 8: Sacred Stones
    • FE 9: Path of Radiance
    • FE 10: Radiant Dawn
    • FE 11: Shadow Dragon
    • FE 12: Heroes of Light and Shadow
    • FE 13: Awakening
    • FE 14: Fates Birthright
    • FE 14: Fates Conquest
    • FE 14: Fates Revelation (really?)

My mom was buying a computer and I was with her, we were at Circuit City and 16 year old me being bored decided to dig through the GBA sale bin and I pulled out Sacred Stones. I fell in love with the box and bought it because it looked cool and loved it then I bought Shadow Dragon a couple of years later and it was ok, then I finally bought a Wii and Radiant Dawn with it and really loved it and then I picked up whatever FE game I saw on the shelf when I would find a new to me FE game. I guess you could say I have become a rather big FE fan and I always look forward to playing a new FE game and I always will. I have beaten 7,8,9,10,11,13 and I am working on beating all paths of Fates I only play the ones that were released outside of Japan, but I am considering getting 12 and playing it in Japanese.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Path of radiance. Someone in ign recommended it. I didn't play a lot of games besides sports game and wanted to try an rpg out. I remember being a jobless high school student, getting money by winning poker games at school. I bought the game for my thanksgiving break and finished it in less than a week, I loved it so much, I skipped meals just to play it. I then purchased fire emblem 7 and 8 and fell in love all over again. Por made my GameCube purchase worth it

Played Blazing Sword back when I thought Eliwood was a psuedo-Roy and Hector was a weird-looking Marth. Boy, was I so wrong.

If it's any consolation, when I first played, I kinda made that mistake too.

Well, a friend of mine had bought FE7 and played it. But he was frustrated because he could not beat chapter 27 (Eliwood Normal mode) and he borrowed the game to me so that I could try. Long story short, I too failed, but I kind of know why (now) because Marcus was level 18 and the rest was barely even trained. So I made a new file and yet another one and once more until I could beat the game. I think I was 11 at the time, but after trial and error, I finally did it. My friend had almost forgotten about the game at that time, so he just gave it to me. Since then, I started to delve deeper into the series. Oh and my English sucked donkey balls at the time, so I didn't understand shit.

FE7 might not be my favorite, but its a good second to me. I particularly enjoyed the story, as it differentiated itself from most other titles by being more "low-key" in the story. Its more of an adventure than full-blown war.

Technically it was FE7. I never finished it though until I played Awakening and Sacred Stones

I met the series with Marth and Ike in Brawl and I was all like: these guys are cool (Ike mostly) and I played almost every game except FE9, 10 and Fates and I haven't finished only FE1, 4 and 5

Edited by SSL01

I was a PlayStation kid growing up so I didn't get into Nintendo gaming until the Wii came out. I played Brawl and really liked this Marth guy, so when I saw Shadow Dragon in a used game store I got it. Took me years to find any copies of any of the others, but when I did it was great.

Blazing Sword. My partner is really into the Fire Emblem series, and I had never played before, so soon after we got together he had me try Blazing Sword as my introduction to the series.

The Sacred stones.

I enjoyed the game mechanics a lot but the characters of that game were meh, so I didn't became a fan until I played my next FE, Blazing Sword

FE6

I started to play Fire Emblem back in... I wanna say late 2012 and I was well aware of it's existence by then. Though, I was lazy.

I played FE6 first because it had Roy in it. That's it

Shadow Dragon... back in 2008-2009 i got Advance Wars Dual Strike and fell in love with it, when i heard Fire Emblem was a similar series made by the same people i needed to get in on that ASAP so i went and got Shadow Dragon. it took me like, three and a half years to actually beat it, though

FE7 because of its perfect scores given by game reviewers and the fact that it is the first FE to come to the west. I like to start with the first in a series, so I played it first.

My answer to this is Thracia 776. I don't think many people started with that game. I couldn't beat it at that time, though.

The first game I finished was Sacred Stones.

You STARTED with FE5? You've gained my respect, pal!

Anyway, I first got in Fire Emblem last year by purchasing FE7 on the Wii U eShop, and I loved it since. But I did fell in the trap of overusing Marcus :/

The addiction then began...

My sister read about Awakening in a magazine, was interested and bought the game. I tried the game out later and loved it. I spent a year or so with it before I started another FE: FE 8, I thought it was pretty meh at that time (no wonder considering I went from L+ no-grind to FE8 NM and thus thought it was way too easy). Though, FE7 got me into the older games and now I enjoy playing FE8 too.

Edited by Cyas

I feel... upset about starting with Awakening. I had actually heard about the series, and even seen it, before then, MUCH before then, but I just randomly picked up Awakening after watching Markyjoe's Ragefest (3?) on YouTube. I then picked up Awakening in January 2015. I just feel late to the series.

After that, I emulated FE 7, then eventually pretty much every other game in the series besides FE 1, 3, 9 & 10, and I plan to buy 9 and 10 soon-ish. I honestly haven't played any to completion besides 7, 8, 11, and 13, but I'm working on 6 now.

I actually really want to get into FE hacking, but my knowledge is currently limited, mostly because of schoolwork. I actually have an idea currently, and I hope to expand it further.

Ok I'm done now.

My family and I went to a store after dining out with friends to buy something really quick, so me and my brother went to the video game section to see if we liked anything. My brother did, so I was obligated to get one to. I saw Awakening on the shelf and had heard some good things about the game from reviewers, so that along with some interest in series after playing Melee and Brawl made me get it.

Since then I've played FE7, FE8, and currently on FE14 doing all three routes. I try to avoid emulating while I can, so I'm hopefully waiting for a chance to purchase FE9, FE10, and FE11 on eShop, waiting to emulate FE12 after playing FE11, and waiting for the new translation patch for FE4 unless it already released, then damn I need to keep better track of things. FE5 is saved for last because I lack faith in my skills.

Just fell in love with sacred stone

I played that game again, and again, and again

Holy crap i'm still playing it .-.

• 3 weeks later...

Got interested in the series after watching some gameplay videos of Awakening and eventually bought it. Ended up loving every part of it and wanted more Fire Emblem eventually emulating some of the older entries such as the GBA titles (haven't finished 8 yet) and recently, FE4 and 11.