What was your first Fire Emblem game?

DarkDestr0yer61

422 members have voted

1. 1. What is the first Fire Emblem game that you have played?

• FE 1: Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light
    • FE 2: Gaiden
    • FE 3: Mystery of the Emblem (Book 1)
    • FE 3: Mystery of the Emblem (Book 2)
    • FE 4: Genealogy of the Holy War
    • FE 5: Thracia 776
    • FE 6: Binding Blade
    • FE 7: Blazing Sword
    • FE 8: Sacred Stones
    • FE 9: Path of Radiance
    • FE 10: Radiant Dawn
    • FE 11: Shadow Dragon
    • FE 12: Heroes of Light and Shadow
    • FE 13: Awakening
    • FE 14: Fates Birthright
    • FE 14: Fates Conquest
    • FE 14: Fates Revelation (really?)

Just wondering, looking at the poll what wrong with Fates Revelations? out of birthright, conquest and revelation I think I liked revelation the most

Maybe answered this question for me.

I haven't played it yet, so I have nothing bad to say about it. But why would someone new to the series start off with a dlc story that strongly suggest that you play the other parts first?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe answered this question for me.

I haven't played it yet, so I have nothing bad to say about it. But why would someone new to the series start off with a dlc story that strongly suggest that you play the other parts first?

Ha! That's what my little brother did: he jumped straight into Revelation without playing Birthright or Conquest. I wonder how much of the story he's missing, though...

(Admittedly he played some Awakening beforehand, so Revelation is not his first Fire Emblem game.)

Ha! That's what my little brother did: he jumped straight into Revelation without playing Birthright or Conquest. I wonder how much of the story he's missing, though...

(Admittedly he played some Awakening beforehand, so Revelation is not his first Fire Emblem game.)

How old is your brother? If you don't mind me asking

FE7. Still has the best cast out of the entire series and holds a special place in my heart for making me cry twice. First was when I thought the game ended when Lyn's prologue came to an end ( yes, I enjoyed the game that much ) and second time was Elbert's death with Final Farewell playing in the background ;_; ( the only daddy death in FE that made me shed a tear ). I used to like Lyn until her fanboys destroyed it. But Eliwood is still my favourite Lord. <3

FE10

Curious about the series because of SSBM. Seven years ago I was in an EB Games and saw FE10 brand new for $20 so I was like, "Hey cool, now's my chance!" Searched for the other games after that.

I started with Blazing Sword. I was interested after playing as Roy a bunch in melee. I've since played FE6-14. Roy has since disappointed me.

My first game was Radiant Dawn. Seeing as how I got it when I was eleven due to seeing Ike/Marth/Roy in Melee and Brawl, I didn't actually beat it until a couple years later. By that point, I had already heard about PoR the prequel and beat that one first before going on to restart and finally beat Radiant Dawn.

Maybe he doesn't care about the story? Or maybe he wants to be unique and pick the side people are probably saving for last :p

I actually asked him directly why he picked Revelation, and he answered "It has the best ending." Whelp, someone gave him too many spoilers. XD

I actually started with Revelation. I bought Conquest, and didn't want to side with either... so... I ended up spending an additional $20. I think it was worth it.

The first game that I played although not owned was FE7. I had no knowledge of FE before then, surprisingly enough; I happened to find it in a cottage during vacation (I guess the prior owner forgot it?). Apparently, one of the files went as far as a late chapter, and I blindly sent out units with no real knowledge. :P Realizing this, I decided to play from the start, but I "fear-quitted" out of the Dorcas chapter because I thought I had to get to an off-screen destination BEFORE the turns were up while protecting Dorcas' wife. ...I WAS YOUNG! D:

Afterwards, I got Melee, and without knowing who the heck Marth and Roy were, I still recognized the name "Fire Emblem". I originally thought for a year or two that they originated from the same game without any knowledge of Japanese FE and not remembering much of FE7, but that was eventually remedied.

I finally decided to see what FE was about after seeing the first part of an Awakening LP (thanks to SSB4), and after noticing there was character customization (although not as extensive to clothing, sadly) a feature I love to utilize in video games, I decided to get the game and got enticed. After playing through Awakening, I decided to see LPs of all the other FE games minus FE1 and FE3 to know their lores, still needing to watch an LP of Thracia 776. I still like FE to this day, even if I'm not too active on this forum nowadays.

In official way is Fire Emblem for GBA. But in a non official way..flashback time! I was 9 and my cusin buy for me a strange game console who, according to him, was a Famiclone. At the time i have no idea what is a Famiclone but now i know. So he give me this console with most of my favorite game already in like Super Mario Bros, Zelda, Baseball (especialy this one), Duck Hunt ecc... At the time i already have a Nintendo so i was happy to have another console for play my favorite game. Scrolling the list of game i found a strange one called "Sword of Light". I click and a strange music come on the screen and...it was all in japanese. I play on the first two chapter but i was enable to procede at the time. So in a non offciail way my first game was FE 1: Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light for the NES or Famicom: thanks bootleg!

Edited by PedroKeitawa

My first game was sacred stones when I got it through the 3ds ambassador program. Ever since, i've slowly looked for more titles and got hooked on it ever since. I went to play other titles in order up until fates (and funny enough, I never played no. 7 and previous).

Not too surprising, that Blazing Sword (first in the West) and Awakening (the series' modern "breakout" point) are leading the pack, but as for me?

My first one was Shadow Dragon. Saw it on a shelf at a local Video Game store, and bought it due to character familiarity (Marth was one of my most-used characters in Melee). Really, really enjoyed it. Having not played any others, I couldn't appreciate the lack of supports or atrocious balancing. Regardless, it has some funny dialogue and neat art and music, plus manifold difficulty options. From there, in order to acquisition...

Radiant Dawn (yeah, I still haven't learned what supports are. Or balancing. Loved the mechanics, though.)

Blazing Sword (Supports? check. Balancing? pretty much, check. Whirling Dervish Warrior critical? Check, check, checkeroo!)

Sacred Stones (Branching promotions? Grinding? What is this brave new world map?)

Path of Radiance (i.e. Backstory to Radiant Dawn, but with actual supports and more conventional structuring)

Sword of Seals (very much like Blazing Sword, but axes are worse. still need to replay for the true ending.)

Awakening (first for the 3DS, and... pretty good, all things considered. The marrying everyone things is pretty cool, maybe I should play...

Genealogy of the Holy War (the original Eugenics Emblem, featuring giant maps and... a surprisingly compelling soundtrack)

Requiem (a very impressive FE7 hack by the Hon. Sacred Blaze, you should play it if you're into that sort of thing)

Fates (I played Birthright/Conquest simultaneously, and now I'm on the last few chapters of Revelation)

I'm a Sacred Stones scrub, I started playing it ON EASY MODE (I had problems with the final boss and the sand map somehow), and also I've found it when a youtuber made a let's play of it a year ago actually.

Hmmm, damn it's impressive just how long I've been with this series. If my own mother (who doesn't understand my Chinese games XD) recognizes them then it's been a good while.

My story is rather odd, I bought the first one in the series when I was still in elementary with Blazing Sword. I finished everything Lyn had to offer but since I was a real small kid, I thought those ten Lyn chapters were everything the game offered. So I never went on to meet our favorite Axe Lord and and Eliwood. No the first game I actually played without complaints to the end was Sacred Stones. It was highly different from my past experiences but I enjoyed it and to this day Ephraim is still my favorite Lord out of the entire franchise. He's basically a Soldier lord before Nephenee showed us how cool soldiers were. Ahead of the curve, I say.

So in a way, I started with Blazing Sword, but I really got in to playing them with Sacred Stones. Now I've played every FE except the first three and the one that stars Kris. Still hoping to have more titles so I can keep on with a franchise I love.

Hmmm....

It was in 2009, I have heard about Fire Emblem before in many media (Smash Bros. Some articles in a magazine). One day my brother show me some things he got. One of them was Sacred Stones. I decided to play...I like it, somewhat I pass the game only losing Cormag (I ignored his existence) and L'Arachel (I lose her in the Last Chapter)... I'm surprised I know how to use the Restarts when I was 13 years old and the only RPG I have played before was M&L:SS xD

I already knew of Fire Emblem through Smash Bros, but I didn't really look into it until Awakening in summer 2014. So I'm late to the series. After I finished, I quickly got to work on playing the older ones. Completed FE9, FE7, and simultaneously in the middle of FE6, FE10, and FE14. Got busy throughout this school year, so they were all on hold. I have FE8 ready, too. Although, I've lost access to my friend's FE10 on wii, so I'm currently trying to find a way to emulate it. Dolphin giving me issues ehhh and I'm not computer-smart.

Edited by adacis

• 4 weeks later...

Blazing Sword, for me.

Was trying to find a Fire Emblem game on a now-mostly-dysfunctional ROM website and was, like most people, wondering "IS THIS THE GAME WITH MARTH AND ROY IN IT?!" And, to clarify, yes, Roy IS in FE7, but only in one of the ending cutscenes as a child.

Revelation I got the special edition as a gift and they told me "The story sucks ass just do revelation"

J.K It was awakening a Wiidude83rebirth countdown convinced me to try it.