Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

Don't forget N's backstory and everything about Ghetsis there.

Yup, there's a lot of reading between the lines with N and Ghetsis and a lot of things in Pokemon actually.

When you stop and thhink about it, it can get really disturbing.

But if we are talking about creepy, remember that we talked about Parasect earlier in this thread?

If there's something creepy, it's what happen to this poor Pokemon.

And worse of all, it's based on something that actually happens on the real world.

Edited by Water Mage

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You all say that, but when it becomes a badass Persian, you'll all be thinking otherwise.

I'd love for it to be super cool looking as Persian, as Persian is actually one of my favorite Gen 1 mons haha.

Sure, the bio's creepy, but you can't deny there's something charming and cute about a Sandcaslte Pokemon.

I... Can actually. I honestly don't see what's cute about a sandcastle, pokemon or not. But then I'm the guy with the silly dislike of inanimate objects as pokemon.

To each their own though, everyone but 3 people liking it is nothing away from me. You guys catching them will keep my beaches clean of them too

(To be fair I don't dislike it either, I'm just indifferent about it)

Oh, and let's not forget the many Pokemon graveyards that are in EVERY game, with Sun and Moon being no exception.

... Why are graveyards not kid friendly? (I do agree about all the other examples brought up though)

... Maybe I'm the weird one after all

Please, you want to talk creepy in pokemon? You don't need to talk further than the whole thing about Pokeball and PC

Do you realize how creepy the idea of capturing living creature in a round object, and carrying them in your pocket, and turning them into data to store them into computer really is? Thinking about it only makes you feek uneased about the whole idea, to be honest

Edited by JSND

... Why are graveyards not kid friendly? (I do agree about all the other examples brought up though)

... Maybe I'm the weird one after all

It's the fact that they're POKEMON graveyards, not human graveyards. The idea that these little cute adorable creatures we love do in fact die may not be the best thing for younger kids to think about.

You guys are really discussing about creepiness in pokemon on a serious note?

Someone said Pokemon was targeted to kids. Then we started talking about the really creepy and serious themes Pokemon has to disagree. Edited by TrueEm

Someone said Pokemon was targeted to kids. Then we started talking about the really creepy and serious themes Pokemon has to disagree.

I was actually sarcastic when I said that...

The only legitimately creepy thing in Pokemon (in my opinion) is yttihs ssa Hypno—and that stems mainly from the "Hypno's Lullaby" creepypasta.

Overall, the sandcastle 'mon actually looks kinda cute. Probably some restless, unsent souls inhabited it or something like that.

It's the fact that they're POKEMON graveyards, not human graveyards. The idea that these little cute adorable creatures we love do in fact die may not be the best thing for younger kids to think about.Someone said Pokemon was targeted to kids. Then we started talking about the really creepy and serious themes Pokemon has to disagree.

Death of pets is considered one of the most effective ways to teach the concept to little kids, so its not actually a problem

And honestly pokemon being creepy is one of those things that arent meant to be and meaningless but people like to overthink about it all the same

Anoher Pokemon was revealed:

f1b.jpg

And here is it's bio:

"This Pokémon is called Namakobushi and is said to be able to send its insides out from its mouth and use as a fist"

That's kinda gruesome actually...

It's not a pretty mental image.

Anoher Pokemon was revealed:

f1b.jpg

And here is it's bio:

"This Pokémon is called Namakobushi and is said to be able to send its insides out from its mouth and use as a fist"

That's kinda gruesome actually...

It's not a pretty mental image.

Oh wow, is its typing revealed?

It kind of reminds me of these things:

[spoiler=Pretty big picture]Pyura_chilensis.jpeg

Edited by Thane

It's the fact that they're POKEMON graveyards, not human graveyards. The idea that these little cute adorable creatures we love do in fact die may not be the best thing for younger kids to think about.

My opinion on this is pretty much same as JSND.

But yeah, probably not a topic to continue discussing seriously.

I find it hilarious Namakobushi and it's "insides as weapon" thing were revealed as we were talking about creepiness in pokemon though.

New stuff revealed:

139.jpg

1af.jpg

ed1.jpg

"Yowashi is said to be called Wishawashi with the ability Schooling and Namakobushi is called Pyukumuku with the ability Innards out. There's also a new Pokémon called Morelull, a Grass/Fairy with Illuminate & Effect Spore and most importantly, Alola Form Raichu which is Electric/Psychic with the new Ability Surge Surfer."

Innards Out...what a name for a ability.

Edited by Water Mage