Pokemon Sun and Moon General Discussion: Official Site updated to include every new 'mon

The DanMan

Sun and Moon Poll 2.0  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Which starter is your favorite?

• Rowlet -> Dartrix ->Decidueye
    • Litten -> Torracat ->Incineroar
    • Popplio -> Brionne ->Primarina
    • Still can't decide -> unsure ->make up your mind
  2. 2. Sun or Moon

• Sun
    • Moon
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Who's your favorite Island Gaurdian?

• Tapu Koko (Electric/Fairy)
    • Tapu Lele (Psychic/Fairy)
    • Tapu Bulu (Grass/Fairy)
    • Tapu Fini (Water/Fairy)

So, do people think Sun and Moon are gen 6.5, 7, or 7 to 6 as gen 2 was to 1?

No idea how they will handle it but it's definitely Gen 7. The way they set it up in the trailer makes it pretty obvious.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen one idea that it's gen 7 and a sequel in the same way gen 2 was a direct sequel, and you would be able to go back to Kalos and that's when the Zygarde stuff would happen.

Now it's obviously to early to say anything for sure, but that would potentially tie up all of the loose ends from gen 6.

Kalos isn't happening. Don't get your hopes up.

This is also definitely Gen VII and I see absolutely no evidence to the contrary. Magearna and ComMon Bird #7 imply that this is a new generation. I actually can't believe that this is a point of contention tbh considering the new Pokemon. Zoroark and Munchlax were not part of III.5 or IV.5.

As for Zygarde, expect to see it in a Delta Episode equivalent. Maybe this game's evil team tries to gather the Zygarde Cells. Maybe you go to one location in Kalos, but I highly doubt we have a Gen II situation here. The Delta Episode set an example for any future post game events.

Kalos isn't happening. Don't get your hopes up.

This is also definitely Gen VII and I see absolutely no evidence to the contrary. Magearna and ComMon Bird #7 imply that this is a new generation. I actually can't believe that this is a point of contention tbh considering the new Pokemon. Zoroark and Munchlax were not part of III.5 or IV.5.

As for Zygarde, expect to see it in a Delta Episode equivalent. Maybe this game's evil team tries to gather the Zygarde Cells. Maybe you go to one location in Kalos, but I highly doubt we have a Gen II situation here. The Delta Episode set an example for any future post game events.

Dude, we've got Perfect Zygarde.

I can't believe that somebody would say that there absolutely won't be any connections to Kalos after that.

If Solrock, Lunatone and Clefairy (Often associated with the moon) aren't like important in any way, I'll be slightly disappointed.

If Solrock and Lunatone don't get a Mega Evolution that'd be pretty weird.

If Solrock and Lunatone don't get a Mega Evolution that'd be pretty weird.

Yeah it would be pretty strange, watch them give Umbreon and Espeon megas instead (I wouldn't mind exactly but lol)

Also I had an odd idea with the name Sun & Moon, maybe we'll get more mons who I dno evolve with Sun & Moon stones.

As a Sunbro I got to go with Sun Version. Praise the big jolly Sun!

On a more serious note, I wonder how many new Pokémon will be introduced in this generation.

Thinking we could get the Gen 2 treatment with a smaller group, but they relate to the Gen 6'ers, but who knows maybe it'll be ALL OUT NEW STUFF.

More new pokemon to make the metagame even funkier :P:

I can imagine some pokemon being version exclusive,

here are my guesses:

Exclusive to Sun: Sunkern line, Solrock, Petilil line, Larvesta line, Helioptile line, Cherubi line, Tyrunt line, Riolu line, Roselia line

Exclusove to Moon: Clefairy line, Lunatone, Oddish line, Munna line, Chimeco line, Gligar line, Amaura line, Sneasel line, Skitty line

What do you guys think?

Edited by Water Mage

Huh, didn't realize you were Junichi Masuda himself.

Oh wait, you're not.

You can keep holding out hope, but Munchlax being in the anime did not mean that Gen IV would visit Hoenn in the post game, and Zoroark in the anime did not mean that Gen IV would go to Sinnoh in the post game.

I see Perfect Zygarde thrown around by fans, but how much does that actually mean? Team Flare in the anime uses their regular outfits and not a possible sequel's outfits. Zygarde being a Gen VI Pokemon does not stop Gen VII from being distinct. Ash-Greninja means literally nothing and could easily be anime-exclusive. Volcanion could have its event be in X/Y or ORAS but activate something in Gen VII. Celebi and the Shiny Beasts operated under the same philosophy in Gen IV. AZ's Floette is the only loose end outside of creepy pasta-bait like that Hex Maniac in the building, and it could easily be announced in June and given in October or something.

I highly doubt this means anything. This Gen was just as long as previous gens and I can tell that B2W2 probably spoiled people and made them expect followups. Kalos left no actual loose ends that can't be addressed in this game. This isn't even mentioning how we don't even know of Zygarde isn't anime exclusive. Gathering Cells would be majorly annoying gameplay-wise and I can't see how you'd slip between the forms. Would you keep the cells in a bad? Where would the Core go? Is it a Pokemon? I barely think it would even work.

Huh, didn't realize you were Junichi Masuda himself.

Oh wait, you're not.

goddamn, the burn here is strong

In other news, I'm extremely hype for this new game,even though I have no money for this newest installement now, but I am looking forward to it. I'm hoping this next game is based off of something new. Not disregarding Kalos or anything.

here are my guesses:

Exclusive to Sun: Sunkern line, Solrock, Petilil line, Larvesta line, Helioptile line, Cherubi line, Tyrunt line, Riolu line, Roselia line

Exclusove to Moon: Clefairy line, Lunatone, Oddish line, Munna line, Chimeco line, Gligar line, Amaura line, Sneasel line, Skitty line

What do you guys think?

If you're adding Petilil in the Sun line, Whismicott would probably be in Moon then.

Edited by Shadowfrost Zenbiniar

here are my guesses:

Exclusive to Moon: Clefairy line, Lunatone, Oddish line, Munna line, Chimeco line, Gligar line, Amaura line, Sneasel line, Skitty line

What do you guys think?

Oddish ? I don't think so because Bellosom.

I'd add Ludicolo, Tropius lines, Ho-oH, Celebi for Sun, Shiftry, Cresselia, Darkrai, Deoxys, Jirachi, Lugia lines for Moon... (Can't think of many legendaries for Sun...)

But I have the feeling Sun will have a lot of Fairy/Fire/Grass types, and probaply Psychic types too and Moon more likely get Dark/Water/Rock types and Probably many Ghost types as well.

Though, if it is the case, it'll be painful choosing one version over another. I'd like to go Sun, but at the same time, I'm more of a Moon guy. Unless there's a special Edition featuring Eclipse as well all in one cartridge.But if we get Dawn and Dusk instead of Eclipse, I'm doomed

You can keep holding out hope, but Munchlax being in the anime did not mean that Gen IV would visit Hoenn in the post game, and Zoroark in the anime did not mean that Gen IV would go to Sinnoh in the post game.

Munchlax and Zoroark also aren't legendary Pokemon with new forms and a story surrounding them that we haven't seen in-game yet.

Oddish ? I don't think so because Bellosom.

I'd add Ludicolo, Tropius lines, Ho-oH, Celebi for Sun, Shiftry, Cresselia, Darkrai, Deoxys, Jirachi, Lugia lines for Moon... (Can't think of many legendaries for Sun...)

But I have the feeling Sun will have a lot of Fairy/Fire/Grass types, and probaply Psychic types too and Moon more likely get Dark/Water/Rock types and Probably many Ghost types as well.

Though, if it is the case, it'll be painful choosing one version over another. I'd like to go Sun, but at the same time, I'm more of a Moon guy. Unless there's a special Edition featuring Eclipse as well all in one cartridge.But if we get Dawn and Dusk instead of Eclipse, I'm doomed

I know Bellosom is a Sun Stone evolution, but the Oddish line is said to be nocturnal, and Oddish can learn Moonlight and Moonblast by leveling up!

The Hoothoot line and the Murkrow line would make sense to be Moon, while maybe the Pidgey line or Fletchling line being the ones in Sun? Fletchling makes sense because its other two evolutions have fire typing.

The Hoothoot line and the Murkrow line would make sense to be Moon, while maybe the Pidgey line or Fletchling line being the ones in Sun? Fletchling makes sense because its other two evolutions have fire typing.

I seriously doubt that. People seem to have a hard time spotting the patterns Game Freak use when making exclusive. Exclusives tend to mirror each other strongly in some way. For example, Magmar and Electabuzz, with both being rares with a baby form and item trade evolution. Petlil and Cottonee are another example, with both being grass types that evolve with Sun Stones.

When Murkrow is an exclusive, it's usually in tandem with Misdreavus, because they're both two stage lines that evolve with Dusk Stones. That's the kind of thing you look for in exclusives.

For Pokemon Sun & Moon, Solrock and Luntone are probably the most obvious candidates for exclusives. I doubt they'd make Moon Stone evolvers exclusives, because lots of them have nothing to do with the moon, aside from using the stone (Nidorina/Nidorino come to mind).

Edited by Shuuda

That video is ignoring at least one important detail. Johto is treated as a different region from Kanto despite being right next to it. But southern Kalos would still be referred to as Kalos. Kind of like how Black 2/White 2 expanded Unova. Only Kalos would get an even greater expansion, I imagine.

That being said though, another video DID point out that the concept work shown looked like it was based off of the southeastern Asia region, specifically Singapore. Not more France stuff.

I'm not saying I think it's gen 6.5, I think it's more likely gen 7. I just don't think we can say it's impossible for it to be gen 6.5.