Fates Character Opinions Survey Tier List; Revelations Survey Up

Jedi

Nearing 100 replies for both, should I show the first list result when I get 100+ results?

Birthright 96 replies, Conquest 91

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put in my votes since I'm pretty far into Birthright now. But the Amiibo guys are missing! They're just as much playable as all the others are. Since they're not listed though, I guess I'll just give my opinion in this post. I haven't gotten Robin or Marth and I don't even have or want a Lucina Amiibo, so I can't say anything about them, but Ike is on my team (obviously lol), and he's S tier, no doubt about it. :P

1. Ragnell

2. Good right away and that str, def, and HP, damn.

3. His speed is decent and Veteran Intuition makes him dodgy enough anyway.

4. Aether

5. The ability to go over lv. 30

Also, give him the Spirit Katana and he can one-shot pretty much any of the monsters. Was really handy in chapter 21.

Edited by Anacybele

Since we are past 100 results, I've decided to post the first two lists for now, more data could change it!

The scoring system I had was kinda weird, so the tiers may be a little uneven or people were just more decisive/indecisive on certain characters. So certain tiers are smaller or bigger depending on the general consensus or lack of on some characters. Such as Conquests S tier being bigger etc.

Also this is only the first 2 lists, after 100 results, I'd like more people to vote but I'm unsure if I should reset both of the polls or just wait. Vote I guess, also these don't look fancy it was tedious to put it together none the less lmao.

Also note this is community opinions as a whole, do not let this dissuade you from using certain characters if you like them/think they are better than some people seem to, this is just an experiment. (I mean I personally disagree with a number of spots haha).

Birthright List 1

6sOBXy5.jpg

Conquest List 1

SBp473K.jpg

Edited by Jedi

Since we are past 100 results, I've decided to post the first two lists for now, more data could change it!

The scoring system I had was kinda weird, so the tiers may be a little uneven or people were just more decisive/indecisive on certain characters. So certain tiers are smaller or bigger depending on the general consensus or lack of on some characters. Such as Conquests S tier being bigger etc.

Also this is only the first 2 lists, after 100 results, I'd like more people to vote but I'm unsure if I should reset both of the polls or just wait. Vote I guess, also these don't look fancy it was tedious to put it together none the less lmao.

Also note this is community opinions as a whole, do not let this dissuade you from using certain characters if you like them/think they are better than some people seem to, this is just an experiment. (I mean I personally disagree with a number of spots haha).

Birthright List 1

6sOBXy5.jpg

Conquest List 1

SBp473K.jpg

Hoshido vs Nohr? More like gingers vs blondes nyahahaa!

Interesting results, though a few were very expected!

>Takumi above Hinoka in S

> Kaden and Kagero above Jakob

> Effie in S

I expect we'll have a lot to talk about when we start the tiering discussion business for real.

...though I gotta say Effie is p broken as a Dark Falcon, but basically everybody with good enough availability can get out of their rut with a DLC reclass.

Birthright list looks alright to me.

For the scoring system I'd add F tier and Shift B, C, and D's descriptions down one tier. After that have A tier need no babying and B tier have little to no babying.

Do you mean Hinoka should be S or Takumi should be A?

> Kaden and Kagero above Jakob

> Effie in S

I expect we'll have a lot to talk about when we start the tiering discussion business for real.

...though I gotta say Effie is p broken as a Dark Falcon, but basically everybody with good enough availability can get out of their rut with a DLC reclass.

Takumi/Effie being overrated and Jakob being underrated were the most obvious predictions ever. I didn't want to say it earlier, in case of whatever impression it would give though. >_>

Azura is also underrated. (with some help, but she's the singer) She can refresh multiple units a turn and has high move/flight because of ferrying.

Gunter also, but judging by Arthur/Charlotte/Rinkah people aren't really giving much credit to Pair Up (unfairly, imo).

Edited by XeKr

Thing is, everyone is sorta good at being a pair-up bot. Besides weird cases like Mozu with her atrocious +skl/lck bonus I guess. Charlotte and Rinkah are the obvious two for the raw stats but something like a +1 mov boost can also make a huge difference.

But yeah, Jakob is underrated because people might have not played Lunatic yet (he obviously dominates the lower difficulties even moreso), and Gunter and Benny probably should've switched places too.

Well, the list didn't differentiate first or second joining Jakob. Second joining Jakob is not particularly good except as Pair Up fodder IMO.

Effie doesn't seem terribly overrated to me. I'd probably put her near the top of A. OHKOs lots of stuff, often at 1-2 range for the entire game. High physical durability, no Mov problems post promotion.

Thing is, everyone is sorta good at being a pair-up bot. Besides weird cases like Mozu with her atrocious +skl/lck bonus I guess. Charlotte and Rinkah are the obvious two for the raw stats but something like a +1 mov boost can also make a huge difference.

But yeah, Jakob is underrated because people might have not played Lunatic yet (he obviously dominates the lower difficulties even moreso), and Gunter and Benny probably should've switched places too.

Yeah fair enough. I find +Str makes a huge difference though because if not ohko'ing Ninjas/Mages, it's very easy to get blocked up and hard to use that extra move. With Azura's double refreshes putting a few pairs ahead, you don't always have enough units to clear them player phase.

imo Gunter is like the best Corrin Pair Up if you have Jakob fighting and Felicia on Leo. He gives tons of Str or Mag/Def and flight/move. And the hit is rather important too.

Well, the list didn't differentiate first or second joining Jakob. Second joining Jakob is not particularly good except as Pair Up fodder IMO.

Effie doesn't seem terribly overrated to me. I'd probably put her near the top of A. OHKOs lots of stuff, often at 1-2 range for the entire game. High physical durability, no Mov problems post promotion.

Jakob+Effie is like the common Effie+Arthur with double the move and more Spd/Res/Hit/etc.

Edited by XeKr

Takumi/Effie being overrated and Jakob being underrated were the most obvious predictions ever. I didn't want to say it earlier, in case of whatever impression it would give though. >_>

Azura is also underrated. (with some help, but she's the singer) She can refresh multiple units a turn and has high move/flight because of ferrying.

Gunter also, but judging by Arthur/Charlotte/Rinkah people aren't really giving much credit to Pair Up (unfairly, imo).

People are being too harsh on Arthur in general IMO. I think he's a solid B because of his availability and solid stats, let alone pair up. His main problem is that he's often reliant on using a Bronze Axe especially early on (which isn't too bad since his base STR is okay). People just not giving him one or something? Forging one a bit is pretty good for him.

Edited by DLuna

People are being too harsh on Arthur in general IMO. I think he's a solid B because of his availability and solid stats, let alone pair up. His main problem is that he's often reliant on using a Bronze Axe especially early on (which isn't too bad since his base STR is okay). People just not giving him one or something? Forging one a bit is pretty good for him.

He's reliant on Skl supports or a Bronze Axe for quite a long time. Well into chapter 15, he'll still be facing 70%-80% with basic Iron weaponry even with WTA against mages (or w/e the hoshidan equivalent is called idr).

Granted, constant 65+% isn't a bad thing, since it's above 50 and therefore can be considered reliable, but when you have people like Charlotte who come at a time in which Arthur would probably be on par (there's no reason why their weapon ranks for Axe would be anything other than C at this point), they're both hard to rely on. He wants to keep Gamble on, because of his Personal Skill, so he has an innate 25 crit before stat/weapon boosts. It's hard for Hard Luck Harold Arthur. Charlotte can forego it as she doesn't rely on it unless she goes 'Zerker. Sure, he loses his Pair-Up godmods but he still has 2Spd+2Str gives which is good

Arthur does fine with a near-immediate reclass to DreadFighter, as he gets really nice stat bonuses and suffers only -5% growths in key stats (Str/Spd). He gets skills that help him tank magically, and full weapon triangle advantage. The Visit Bonus Raider Dagger has his name all over it, since he has the Str to run it hard, definitely appreciates the +3 speed boost and it lets him be a super effective Anti-Mage unit starting as soon as Chapter 11 (Rainbow Tower). It's the best 2-range that he has immediately available that isn't a HandAxe.

Arthur's doing a lot more and IMO should bump to right in front of Charlotte (and I'm surprised he isn't). Dread Scroll just screams his name and applies band-aids to virtually every problem he has, statistically. The only thing he doesn't like about this is the lack of alternative skills (no Sol no Luna), though an immediate reclass to Great Knight after fighter could arguably help him here as he gets Luna and would go well with HP+5 and a DualGuard glued to him at most times.

Edited by Elieson

Wait, overestimating Takumi? I point at an enemy and he kills it, he can take a hit and he's got superior mobility - how is he overestimated?

I have heard a lot of people say that he has got speed issues which means he wont double a lot and he is useless on enemy turns because he is an archer.

But considering his raw damage output, I find the speed arguement moot .

Btw will there be a Revelation tier list as well?

Edited by RadiantDragon

I haven't played Birthright yet, but from what I've seen + feedback from my partner and other friends who have, Takumi being in S does seem weird to me, due to a lack of enemy phase and whatnot. Shinon was (similarly?) overrated right after Radiant Dawn came out; we're all just too used to archers being bad I think. If a character is going to have such limited enemy phase and unexceptional durability/utility then he'd damn well better kill most of what he's pointed at!

Conquest tiers look generally pretty reasonable to me, caveats about Jakob/Felicia being messed with by 1st/2nd joining concerns aside. I certainly don't think Leo and Effie are as good as the other S ranks, but they're quite possibly still better than everyone else sans Azura and the 1st of Jakob/Felicia, so since the tier lines are arbitrary I can't say I disagree with them there. If the characters are ordered within tiers, I'm a bit surprised Camilla isn't #1 since she seems pretty dramatically better than everyone else but I'm not done the game yet so maybe it spams archers at the end or something.

Okay as the resident one of the most successful users of Rinkah D tier is too fucking low her growths aren't that bad

If you can get her through her bases she's golden

Being more objective I'd say C's more reasonable because even cutting down on what I fed her (The amount I fed Rinkah is not for her to be good, but to become the best unit in my party after Corn and Ryoma--hell she was better than Corn until he got Blazing Yato) she fits the description of

C - Consideration, A meh unit with potential/one trick pony who may contribute but takes resources to do so well

>Took resources
>Says "fuck you" to dying

I say that fits her description pretty well

S rank looks solid. Xander/Camilla are the best two units in the game. Leo and Corrin belongs there with there powerful character only weapon. Effie is basically just great, joins early in the game and when promoted loses her only flaw which is her low MOV. Good at giving hits and taking hits. Just a very very solid unit overall.

For Jakob/Felicia, tbh it really depends, I always play as a guy so I get Felicia and for my 2 playthrough, Felicia has been a monster. Heal + Flame Shuriken, she's one of my most versatile unit.

>I see a character I can't OHKO or just a tank unit
>move felicia in, use Flame Shuriken
>-res/def
>let my other unit pick off the opposing character

She's very solid and deserving of her rank.

Okay as the resident one of the most successful users of Rinkah D tier is too fucking low her growths aren't that bad

If you can get her through her bases she's golden

Being more objective I'd say C's more reasonable because even cutting down on what I fed her (The amount I fed Rinkah is not for her to be good, but to become the best unit in my party after Corn and Ryoma--hell she was better than Corn until he got Blazing Yato) she fits the description of

Rinkah also learns Shove. Shove.

NOW I WONDER IF THAT SHAVES OFF A TURN SOMEWHERE

I think the one that sticks out for me is Kagerou; she has never been a reliable unit in my runs, having both low HP and speed. Sure, she packs quite a punch but she rarely doubles the faster enemies and she gets killed easily by physical hits.

I think the one that sticks out for me is Kagerou; she has never been a reliable unit in my runs, having both low HP and speed. Sure, she packs quite a punch but she rarely doubles the faster enemies and she gets killed easily by physical hits.

Huh, really? I've actually had sort of the opposite problem in Birthright with her and Kaze, who I think I ranked D. Kagero's the untouchable killing machine, while Kaze can barely hurt anyone and gets killed really frequently when he's not near Orochi, who I married him to.

The thing I've noticed about Takumi is that Dual Attack helps makes Archers (and other ranged units in general) more useful in Fates because of the flexibility they have in getting in multiple attacks a turn. Many of my strategies late in Birthright involved positioning Takumi and/or Izana such that they could chip multiple Great Knights, Generals, Heroes, etc. a turn with their excellent offense. Especially since Birthright seems to be lacking in tanks (although I didn't recruit many of the kids in my playthrough, so if that's where the tanks are that's why I missed them), being able to overwhelm the enemy with superior offense was the best way to mitigate the damage I was facing.

Is he S-tier material? I don't know, but I would say he's certainly better than most of who's in A-tier right now.

Edited by Radiant Dragon