Fates Character Opinions Survey Tier List; Revelations Survey Up

Jedi

This is a problem faced by every other staff user who has no weapons until promotion. I haven't played Birthright yet, but to me Azama being that far below Sakura feels weird, looking at the stats; they have the same move and he has considerably more bulk. Is her better personal skill and easier Falconknight access really worth the tier gap there?

Sakura has dragon vein utility and a great personal and she can be mobile as a falco. She's pretty great, tbh.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Azama has among the best HP in a game where nobody has good HP. When he promotes his monstrous +8 str gain makes him an instant combat unit even with bronze naginata. Additionally he has both good Def AND good Res giving him a trifecta of defensive stats few units in the game can even compete with, and his other stats are all good too. He can take hits even as a priest, making him awesome for AI manipulation.

Consider that your choices for bulky frontline units is pretty weak in Hoshido (Rinkah and Silas are crippled by deficiencies in one stat or another, Hinoka is weak and Oboro is your main alternative) and that the generally low HP of almost every unit in the route necessitates the need for people who can take a hit, and Azama instantly becomes extremely valuable.

Hoshido gives tons of frontline units. There is Corrin, first joining Jakob, Subaki, Silas, Saizo, Hinoka, Oboro, Hinata, Kaden, Scarlett and Ryoma. All of these units don't have to deal with staff lock and E-ranks and are immediate combat units. And if hp is your concern you can just give them tonics since they are basically nothing in Birthright. Also Rinka gives a good chunck of def with Guard Stance in addition to her Str bonuses.

Edited by Shephen

Yeah Arthur seems a bit low, bias aside even, I think I'd put him above Benny. Gunter I'm unsure about. Great Knight is a great pair-up class but Gunter isn't around when he would be most useful and I don't think there's much room for him when rejoins.

I haven't use Keaton so I had no idea where he'd end up on this, what makes him so good?

This, early rally str and sol off his hilariously minmaxed growths in skill/str/hp/def + percy is not to be underestimated.

Keaton is booty garbage when you pick him up, terrible stats, and 3 imminent chapters where 1-2 range is absolutely everything, even low manning you'll have the good kids by his join chapter and be almost if not fully promoted with an instant leo and xander in the next chapter and their waifu's kids eat every spare deployment slot.

I mean I guess he can reclass and work his way out of bronze with heavy feeding by ch 21 and still fail to orko anything important as you stare at the stonies in despair.

I mean he's free and saves tuns by dieing on his join chapter so that's a thing

Edited by joshcja

Keaton is booty garbage when you pick him up, terrible stats, and 3 imminent chapters where 1-2 range is absolutely everything, even low manning you'll have the good kids by his join chapter and be almost if not fully promoted with an instant leo and xander in the next chapter and their waifu's kids eat every spare deployment slot.

He has good strength and bulk, that alone makes him not garbage. He tanked a significant amount of enemies on Xanders join chapter with a Camilla pair up on Hard Mode for me. I mean enemies ignore Xander by default so it makes it a little tense sometimes, its good to have someone who can tank damage that enemies actually will attack.

Its a good thing kana isn't completely free with nobility for better exp distribution, levin for 1-2 range and draconic hex to give some benefit to the ranged gangbang that happens on him or I might agree that keaton has a use.

By tanked enemies on hard in xanders chapter I assume you mean the unpromoted mook axe users on the southwest stairs or lolwalling the swarm on the east stair cause those are both jobs that can be soloed by almost any solid long term unit.

Cause anything not named Nos ophelia or a +defcorin!kana that walks into the southeast enfeeble swarm just drops on lunatic (hex/nos both set up sweeps there, I normally build ophelia to orko the entire northeast side with an early forged nos though so its generally kana doing the lifting in the south)

Also seriously, lol 1 range/bad move in ch17 when you're trying to uild xander/leo's kids for exp distribution/lategame filler.

He's a good unit for what he does don't get me wrong, but rating on an efficiency basis(outside of all characters) his biggest possible contribution is dieing for your turncount..

Edited by joshcja

Since we are past 100 results, I've decided to post the first two lists for now, more data could change it!

The scoring system I had was kinda weird, so the tiers may be a little uneven or people were just more decisive/indecisive on certain characters. So certain tiers are smaller or bigger depending on the general consensus or lack of on some characters. Such as Conquests S tier being bigger etc.

Also this is only the first 2 lists, after 100 results, I'd like more people to vote but I'm unsure if I should reset both of the polls or just wait. Vote I guess, also these don't look fancy it was tedious to put it together none the less lmao.

Also note this is community opinions as a whole, do not let this dissuade you from using certain characters if you like them/think they are better than some people seem to, this is just an experiment. (I mean I personally disagree with a number of spots haha).

Birthright List 1

6sOBXy5.jpg

Conquest List 1

SBp473K.jpg

>sees Takumi in S tier

I guess the fanbase never learns >_<

That said, I haven't actually played the game, but still...

Almost 200 Survey Applicants can't be wrong!

Recompiled Birthright User-Based Tier List (174 Surveys)

6413202bbc.png

Recompiled Conquest User-Based Tier List (192 Surveys)*

e85da7cb12.png

*There is no Azura on the Conquest Fan-tier list, but it is assumed that she would be in A with roughly the same score as her Birthright self

Edited by Elieson

Pretty sure the only thing that really changed is Saizo is in the same tier as the other ninjas. Still no reason for him to be behind Kagero though.

Oboro, Takumi and Kaden are still really overrated. Reina, Hinata and Subaki are underrated. Azura and Hinoka are easily S. And Mozu still does absolutely nothing. Also Silas and Kaze are pretty easily A, not B+.

Edited by Shephen

>sees Takumi in S tier

I guess the fanbase never learns >_<

That said, I haven't actually played the game, but still...

Then you don't really have a place to complain now do you?

Edited by Jedi

There is so much wrong with these. Oboro above Azura is hilarious. Character popularity clearly has an effect here.

This is a purely fan-run thing; I was never under the impression this was meant to be the official "absolute efficiency" tier list.

This is a purely fan-run thing; I was never under the impression this was meant to be the official "absolute efficiency" tier list.

DanMan has it right

It's not by any means, I'm actually highly amused at some of the results, I like seeing opinions and data crunching so its been a nice experiment, plus I enjoy discussion, which is part of why I did it.

What is it about Kaden that makes him standout, exactly? Birthright is filled to the brim with characters that have high Speed and Res and little else, except most of the others do it with more than three available weapon choices. I used him on my Hard playthrough, and while he was serviceable he certainly wasn't exceptional, and he fell off hard starting at around chapter 23 or so.

Then you don't really have a place to complain now do you?

I guess, but still... A powerful personal weapon alone does NOT an S tier make, and that's what I've seen him getting hyped for, mostly.

(Also, I've seen Takumi hyped to high heaven and back since before the game even came out - I was sick of it then, and I'm still sick of it)

Kaden does have really good base stats. With tonics he can orko most of the unpromoted enemies in the upcoming chapters. Beastbane, his personal heal, less movement penalties, and existing outside of the WT are also pretty good pluses in his favor. But he is in the same boat as Hinata and Oboro where they aren't very notable in the late-game aside from effective damage. At least he doesn't have to share the effective weapons with anyone like those two do.

I guess, but still... A powerful personal weapon alone does NOT an S tier make, and that's what I've seen him getting hyped for, mostly.

(Also, I've seen Takumi hyped to high heaven and back since before the game even came out - I was sick of it then, and I'm still sick of it)

Above-average base stats

Top tier weapon

0 required resources to function

Decent join time

in a game that thrives on AttackStance dual-attacks

We'll be happy to explain why he's as hyped as he is (i haven't even played BR but I understand why he's hyped given his spread), but the mechanics of the game make him more valuable.

Dislike the dude all you want like I do, he's still a statistically valuable unit.

Edited by Elieson

Takumi is interesting since he is really good in the early game(10-13) and the late game(23-E) but doesn't really do anything of much importance during the mid-game unless he goes Kinshi Knight where he is mostly just a ferry for people. He is still good, but nowhere near an S-tier, and even A-tier is too good for him imo.

What exactly IS Takumi doing in the lategame? I understand that Camilla's map is full of fliers, but what does he do after that? Be the one who kills the boss? Shouldn't Ryoma / MU be prioritised for that experience?

Takumi is at his best when the army is having trouble dealing damage. I found issues with doubling to be prevalent during the earlygame and lategame. When everyone is reliably onerounding, Takumi is kind of garbage.

What exactly IS Takumi doing in the lategame? I understand that Camilla's map is full of fliers, but what does he do after that? Be the one who kills the boss? Shouldn't Ryoma / MU be prioritised for that experience?

Generals and Great Knights are constantly in the way and he can bop them pretty easily. It is appreciated since effective weaponry is limited a bit and the only easy/reliable 1-turn on Lunatic is 24 and E. He still helps out in 24 clearing the way to the 10k Sorcerer while most of the other units focus on getting to the boss.