Peri as Xander's retainer

BruceLee

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If my research is correct, he chose her after seeing her fight in a competition.

Further, it seems he also intended / intends for her to eventually become his wife.

There are some legitimately questionable things that Xander does in the games. His fondness for Peri potentially says a lot about his mental state and the principles of Nohr.

Do the retainers need to have compatible personalities with their masters? Odin and Zero aren't compatible with Leo, although the latter has a reason to be one. I don't recall Belka and Luna having any reason to be Camilla's retainers. Also, Hinoka's retainers are completely different from her. What the hell is that Witch Doctor and that depressive archer even doing there.

There are some legitimately questionable things that Xander does in the games. His fondness for Peri potentially says a lot about his mental state and the principles of Nohr.

Maybe he wanted someone ruthless and immensely dedicated to their duties of crushing bones, like The Mountain from GOT on a suit of a cute slim girl with multicolored hair.

Edited by Rapier

Maybe he wanted someone ruthless and immensely dedicated to their job of crushing bones, like The Mountain from GOT on a suit of a cute slim girl with multicolored hair.

Then why not have Hans be his retainer? I guess he'll be missing the cute girl part.

Edited by BruceLee

If my research is correct, he chose her after seeing her fight in a competition.

Further, it seems he also intended / intends for her to eventually become his wife.

I was going to say that this is covered in their supports, but Katryn beat me to it.

He flat out states he admired her never give up attitude, and that's why he wanted her as his retainer

Do the retainers need to have compatible personalities with their masters? Odin and Zero aren't compatible with Leo, although the latter has a reason to be one. I don't recall Belka and Luna having any reason to be Camilla's retainers. Also, Hinoka's retainers are completely different from her. What the hell is that Witch Doctor and that depressive archer even doing there.

Maybe he wanted someone ruthless and immensely dedicated to their duties of crushing bones, like The Mountain from GOT on a suit of a cute slim girl with multicolored hair.

For Belka, I believe in one of their supports she said she was once hired to assassinate Camilla, but was persuaded to abandon her contractor and become Camilla's retainer. Idk about Luna though.

For Belka, I believe in one of their supports she said she was once hired to assassinate Camilla, but was persuaded to abandon her contractor and become Camilla's retainer. Idk about Luna though.

I think it may have been their B-rank where it said that. The conversation essentially boils down to trust, I think.

As for Peri, I personally think they could have done more with her character. Or rather, something better. Don't even put the thought of Xander entertaining the idea of possibly making Peri his wife in my head. He is meant for Ryoma (and Charlotte) only.

This is my feeling towards that: https://giphy.com/gifs/6DrYAtQYRWpWg

Hinoka's retainers make me squint despite how much I love Setsuna. What is the point of having protectors that you have to protect?

Then why not have Hans be his retainer? I guess he'll be missing the cute girl part.

Xander does not like Han's it was stated in chapter 3 that Xander arrested him and while Garon pardoned him Xander does not believe he has changed so him being xander's retainer would make no sense unless they rewrite him.

About Hinoka's retainers,

Azama has saved Hinoka's life once, when she was on the brink of death, and she invited him to serve her.

And she actually seems to enjoy looking after Setsuna.

Setsuna's support with Saizo reveals that Hinoka goes to wake Setsuna everyday, and Hinoka is the one that prepare Setsuna's clothes for the day.

Every morning Hinoka comes in Setsuna's chambers or tent to prepare her for the day.

Apparently, Hinoka's the servant in the relationship.

Saizo is mortified by this.

Azama has saved Hinoka's life once, when she was on the brink of death, and she invited him to serve her.

Setsuna's support with Saizo reveals that Hinoka goes to wake Setsuna everyday, and Hinoka is the one that prepare Setsuna's clothes for the day.

Every morning Hinoka comes in Setsuna's chambers or tent to prepare her for the day.

That's actually kind of cute.

Hinoka/Setsuna = new BrOTP.

Xander does not like Han's it was stated in chapter 3 that Xander arrested him and while Garon pardoned him Xander does not believe he has changed so him being xander's retainer would make no sense unless they rewrite him.

But he doesn't like Hans because he's a murderer right? So why is he ok with Peri being his retainer then?

Laslow and Peri were both recent retainers. Xander's previous two retainers were killed in battle and Garon assigned him those two recently. Got that from a Xander x Laslow support.

During Xander and Peri's support Xander says he chose her himself.

I actually really like Hinoka and Setsuna's relationship. It's adorable and hilarious at the same time.

Edited by BruceLee

Azama and Setsuna are becoming my favorite retainer pair. They somehow made hopeless incompetence kind of cute. It helps that they are massive bastards to face against with their status staves and proximity shot nonsense.

Azama and Setsuna are becoming my favorite retainer pair. They somehow made hopeless incompetence kind of cute. It helps that they are massive bastards to face against with their status staves and proximity shot nonsense.

Azama is a major troll in that tower chapter on Conquest, and then he's still a major troll in the last chapters as an enemy.

Azama and Setsuna may seem incompetent but they are actually incredibly loyal to Hinoka,

In Chapter 24 of Conquest, Setusna even says that if Hinoka going to die, she going to die with her, and Azama is incredibly relieved by Hinoka's survival.

Peri being Xander's retainer makes a lot of sense once you really dig into support land. Plus, it speaks a lot about Xander as a person. Hes really fucking indulgent, did anyone else notice?

Arr. However, this seems to be a norm in that nation. People arent really batting an eyelash over Peri's uumm...hobbies. Shes also from a noble house, which i think has a LOT to do with it. Xander never makes Peri address him formally. (their C talks about this because shes upset people were calling her a shit retainer.)

[spoiler=more about their supports]

He doesnt make her in the B support. He actually says she doesnt have to, but if she wants lessons in how to speak properly, he will provide them. They try to do that, and hilarity ensues. He eventually says "like, can you not? Ill just talk to everybody." So hes really indulging her.

As to why he picked her, she was fighting in a tourney and while she didnt win, he liked her style a lot. Xander wanted a retainer who just would go down fighting, or not go down at all. He thought Peri had just those qualities. She's fiercely loyal. And yeah i think he was scoping her out as a potential bride or concubine.

Seriously though, Peri being a part of Team Xander speaks a lot about him. He spoils her rotten, but he does the same thing with other characters. Particularly those he cares about in great amounts. His siblings, he indulges, Corrin, and especially Garon. Loves and fears Garon, and indulges him. He indulges Peri a great deal, so he really cares about her.

I love that shes his retainer because it adds a level of interesting layers to his character.

Peri being Xander's retainer makes a lot of sense once you really dig into support land. Plus, it speaks a lot about Xander as a person. Hes really fucking indulgent, did anyone else notice?

Arr. However, this seems to be a norm in that nation. People arent really batting an eyelash over Peri's uumm...hobbies. Shes also from a noble house, which i think has a LOT to do with it. Xander never makes Peri address him formally. (their C talks about this because shes upset people were calling her a shit retainer.)

[spoiler=more about their supports]

He doesnt make her in the B support. He actually says she doesnt have to, but if she wants lessons in how to speak properly, he will provide them. They try to do that, and hilarity ensues. He eventually says "like, can you not? Ill just talk to everybody." So hes really indulging her.

As to why he picked her, she was fighting in a tourney and while she didnt win, he liked her style a lot. Xander wanted a retainer who just would go down fighting, or not go down at all. He thought Peri had just those qualities. She's fiercely loyal. And yeah i think he was scoping her out as a potential bride or concubine.

Seriously though, Peri being a part of Team Xander speaks a lot about him. He spoils her rotten, but he does the same thing with other characters. Particularly those he cares about in great amounts. His siblings, he indulges, Corrin, and especially Garon. Loves and fears Garon, and indulges him. He indulges Peri a great deal, so he really cares about her.

I love that shes his retainer because it adds a level of interesting layers to his character.

You think it makes sense for Xander to have a retainer who kills innocent people? Are we talking about the same peace loving-Xander here?

You think it makes sense for Xander to have a retainer who kills innocent people? Are we talking about the same peace loving-Xander here?

No, no, they are indeed not innocent, good sir. You are mistaken. They are servants--people that wait on her hand and foot--who have annoyed her.

To commit such a sin, their life is forfeit.

No, I don't like Peri. The couple Marx/Peri makes me cringe

Edited by SaiSymbolic

If I remember correctly, she also almost won said tournament without any actual training, she just rocked up and started kicking arse, taking names and chewing bubblegum because she could and Xander thought "well dang, if she's this good without training, she'll be unstoppable with it".

We don't really know how politics work in the world of Fates, how common "arranged" marriages amongst the nobility are or if it'd be frowned down upon to marry a commoner. (I know by supports alone it suggests that there's no stigma against it, but some of the Hoshidan retainers at least do mention how the lord seems out of their league and it's not appropriate. Don't know about the Nohrian state of things.) If Marx looking at Pieri as a prospective marriage isn't some contrived S-support bullshit, then it might be partly for the politics, and partly because of all the political options she's the most interesting?

That said, I don't know who would look at Pieri and see her as good retainer material.

No, no, they are indeed not innocent, good sir. You are mistaken. They are servants--people that wait on her hand and foot--who have annoyed her.

To commit such a sin, their life is forfeit.

No, I don't like Peri. The couple Marx/Peri makes me cringe

How dare they. Servants aren't allowed to make mistakes. Yeah, i don't think we can blame Peri for killing them then.

Side-note: I also like how during Xander and Peri's support they are working on her formal speech. Really Xander? Where are your priorities bruh.

Edited by BruceLee

How dare they. Servants aren't allowed to make mistakes. Yeah, i don't think we can blame Peri for killing them then.

Side-note: I also like how during Xander and Peri's support they are working on her formal speech. Really Xander? Where are your priorities bruh.

Bruh.

We are talking about the same Xander who doesnt question his mass murdering father until too late.

Like, my problem is, yes, Marx arrested Hans and didn't believe he was rehabilitated--but how you gonna judge Hans when one of your retainers is a woman that kills servants because they annoyed her? We don't even know what the term "annoy" entails for Peri. For all we know, they could have blinked in a manner she did not agree with and she skewered them simply for that.

The game calls out Hans but we have supports with people brushing off her psychopathy as a quirk.

I love Marx but, like, f*uck me, bruh.