Something I enjoy about the kid characters.

Jedi

While I'm not the biggest fan of a 2nd generation outside of FE4, I do think the Gen 2 kids were handled really well in terms of game mechanics, they are given "Inheritance Seals" which auto level them to a certain point depending on where you are in the game, these also grant them fairly good weapon ranks as well, which in this game is a godsend because of how slowly weapon ranks advance. Although I think if you grab the kids early they don't reap these benefits because of how it scales.

The characters themselves are innocent enough, some make me laugh, some smile, others i'm eh on, but in terms of gameplay I think this was handled really well.

Edited by Jedi

I like the scaling, but not the Offspring Seal. Having a base class level 20 unit around advance class level 18 enemies is not fun.

Yeah some of the map designs of the Paralogues confuses me, its like some are meant to be done late (The ones where you get control of the kid or they are next to you able to use the seal instantly) and some are meant to be done super early (Looking at you suicidal kids).

They kinda clash with the huge amounts of praise I have for Birthright and Conquests maps.

Edited by Jedi

Yeah some of the map designs of the Paralogues confuses me, its like some are meant to be done late (The ones where you get control of the kid or they are next to you able to use the seal instantly) and some are meant to be done super early (Looking at you suicidal kids).

They kinda clash with the huge amounts of praise I have for Birthright and Conquests maps.

This, I waited until Ch 19 to start the paralogues in order and Shiro...slayed me