The Lunatic Club [Fates]

Jedi

When Awakening came out there was a thread devoted to discussing the many facets of Awakenings Lunatic and Lunatic+ modes, I figured we could do something like that for Fates 3 routes, so here we are, although I'm not quite doing Lunatic myself yet on either of the games I have, I do intend to sometime shortly down the line.

I hope we can have some nice discussion on strats, useful ideas and possibilities, be it for no grind, grind and other types of runs.

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whee, first? Ran Hoshido L when the game came out, got pretty stuffed by C23 but otherwise didn't have a particularly rough go of it, though several maps were not one-and-done. +muscle Avatar stayed as dragon, fairly bad build but it worked out, especially for cheesing the final boss. Very little reclassing involved, actually!

I discovered Jakob when running Nohr L, and HOLY HELL HE GUD. Pondering when to reclass--I'm thinking after Tomebreaker? I'm also going +MAG -SPE Avatar, and honestly she completely trivialized C9. I'm still figuring out my route (in a broad sense, this ain't L+ ironman granularity) for C10, but I'm not frustrated yet.

Whee, first? Ran Hoshido L when the game came out, got pretty stuffed by C23 but otherwise didn't have a particularly rough go of it, though several maps were not one-and-done. +muscle Avatar stayed as dragon, fairly bad build but it worked out, especially for cheesing the final boss. Very little reclassing involved, actually!

I discovered Jakob when running Nohr L, and HOLY HELL HE GUD. Pondering when to reclass--I'm thinking after Tomebreaker? I'm also going +MAG -SPE Avatar, and honestly she completely trivialized C9. I'm still figuring out my route (in a broad sense, this ain't L+ ironman granularity) for C10, but I'm not frustrated yet.

In HM I hit the final boss of Birthright with the Hex Rod I assume thats still possible on Lunatic, could make it simpler than it already is haha.

-Spd on Nohr? That sounds a bit risky.

Final boss of Hoshido on Lunatic for me was just

>remove General
>move Ryouma hit. If x2, you can move to Corn. If x1 bc you didn't even bother to look at boss stats and didn't use the right pairup

>>I hope u brought rescue staves bc rescue Takumi, Takumi hits x2, he has a speed pairup and i got him Darting Blow, bless

>move Corn UP and finish with YATO for 24x2 (bless Berserker Rinkah).

I'm okay with this being a 2 parter bc 1 turn 28 is so easy---I heard Nohr's 2 part ending is pretty hellish though

That sounds about right, and I'll tell you when I get there on how difficult it is on Hard alone (@Conquest End game), Nohr Lunatic sounds like a bit of a challenge to plan out.

Honestly, the Speed difference is marginal--I haven't really been getting doubled, and Corrin is hitting like a freight train and trivializing entire wings of enemies personally. I consider it worthwhile.

E: To elaborate, taking a HP/DEF/RES hit on a dual tank is super silly, -STR is... alright, possibly better than -SPE, but makes Chapters 3, 4, and 7 more hellish than they have any business being, and -SKL opens up TREMENDOUS hitrate issues when Nosferatu is already not super accurate. -LCK might have worked, but I just wasn't comfortable with it.

Edited by Terrador

Did anyone else think that Revelation Lunatic is pretty easy, at least in terms of the main story missions? The only times I had trouble were with a few early missions and Forrest's recruitment mission (haven't got all the kids, though. Only have Shiro, Kana and Forrest atm.) I'll admit I had to give up on my Birthright run during Chapter 23. I just got so frustrated with the DVs I switched down to Hard.

Just finished Nohr C10, with all villages. I mean, it's a pretty rough map, but like... honestly I struggled more with Chapter 7. I did get a fair few 80s to hit, but most of those were affordable to miss. Hardest map in the game? I'm not super sure about that. Maybe I just had a lucky run and it gets SUPER hellish if you can't rely on certain things, but... yeah. +MAG Avatar for top tier right-side cleanup.

Also, tonics are cool. Effie and Corrin got a LOT of clutch shit done with 'em.

Edited by Terrador

I'm on Chapter 27 of a Birthright Lunatic run, and on Chapter 10 on Conquest Lunatic. I don't know why I just don't finish the Birthright run,but I'm having a blast on Conquest Lunatic.

For Chapter 23 you need an unusual strategy, which basically revolves around not letting the enemies get an enemy phase. You'll need two tanks for the chokes (Ryoma is one of the best at this), one on the second lower choke and one on the topmost choke. You can let your characters get hit by the DV, since if they all bunch up in the choke, you'll get overrun. But the ones getting blasted by the DV are most likely at one HP. But they will never fight the enemies head on on EP, on Player Phase they will kill all enemies in range while staying out of the way of other enemies that couldn't be finished off. By staying on the right side of the map, and blocking two of the chokes, you can hold out until the reinforcements run out.

After that, it's just heading towards the boss, healing those that are nearly dead, and being wary of the last reinforcements that appear when you enter Camilla's side of the map.

In (finished birthright/conquest)

Yeah ch10!conquest is just a barrier to entry, its by and far not even close to the most dickish chapter in the game

Edited by joshcja

Jakob is best reclassing early to start building the weapon rank.

I'm interested to see how -Spd handles the lategame.

C10 is rather hard blind, but it's fairly trivial if you have Paladin!Jakob. Even without him, it's also not too bad after studying the enemy stats for a while and using the appropiate tonics for Selena/Camilla/etc.

Once I get the game, I'll probably start with Lunatic.

And not only lunatic : Hoshido-Girl-Only (Kaze/MaleMU allowed, Gunter allowed) and Conquest-Boy-Only (GirlMU allowed, I think that's all).

This is gonna be a world of fun.

Thank you for starting this thread.

Np, I thought one would have been made by now so I just was like "Oh there isn't one? This could be handy for people" and made it. ^^

Edited by Jedi

Right now on chapter 16 Nohr Lunatic trying to figure out how I want to get through the chapter in the least amount of turns as well as nabbing the two freebie seals and who I should be sortieing to do it all. Sadly most of my units got quite a bit underleveled due to relying on my MU and Odin tanking the previous chapters and soaking most of the exp that under normal circumstances I would feed my weaker units but couldn't due to lol reinforcements #dangerzoneseverywherem8. Like my team average is at levels 13-16, whilst Odin is at 19 and my MU lvl1 Basara. I'd buy tonics more often, but I'd rather not go on a spending spree and waste most of my cash only to not be able to get some good resources later down the line. I'm also mainly been using bonus weapons and Iron weapons without having actually forged anything yet so that's also something I wanna do I suppose. As for Hoshido, so far playing through the game has been largely trivial for me. I'm on chapter 16 there as well and everyone that I've been using are roughly evenly-leveled at around 15-19 average. I also haven't forged anything in that playthrough either, but playing to the maps have been significantly easier imo compared to Nohr chapters like 10/12/14. Anyways, advice would be appreciated.

Is Fates Lunatic as obnoxious as Awakening Lunatic is?

I want to try Conquest Lunatic after I beat Conquest Hard and Birthright Hard but I want to know what I'm getting into before I start it.

I can't say Birthright Lunatic is even remotely close to Awakening Lunatic in difficulty---although tbh with how Awakening works, Honestly Awakening lategame with the right setup can be easier just because you can get Sol on to Robin and then you walk around being immortal. I don't think anyone's strictly immortal in Birthright Lunatic lategame, though Ryoma comes pretty close (still need to position smarter with him than Robin, though)

But I don't think there's any bullshit chapters like 13L+ chapter 2.

Can't say about Conquest because I haven't gotten around to it yet. Do you guys think I should just go straight for Conquest Lunatic because I can't bear to disappoint the lobster man too many times first run?

I'm feeling a little maso.

Can always lower difficulty down. Go for it I say.

And if you've beaten L' and L+, you should be fine. Hopefully. >_> (I'm not sure how much you've read about certain lategame stuff)

Edited by XeKr

I've only managed to beat Ch1 on FE13 Lunatic before being overwhelmed. ._.

I've been loving a Ninja build on Conquest right now. Are there other optimal setups for Corrin though?

Ninja is one of the best. I personally run Samurai and I'm very satistfied with it (though also, only Birthright so far), and I heard Mag Cav (going for Levin Sword) is good.

Can always lower difficulty down. Go for it I say.

And if you've beaten L' and L+, you should be fine. Hopefully. >_> (I'm not sure how much you've read about certain lategame stuff)

I've somewhat heard about Nohr endgame stuff. I'm dreading those negative chain lunge ninjas.

Edited by Thor Odinson

+Mag Cav is great when the Levin Sword comes around. +Str Cav is pretty good early. Samurai builds don't have to worry about Spd, though they don't have the move or damage of Elbow Room + Defender.

I do like +Spd Cav, then buddy Nyx/Odin for Dark Knight. It hits Spd benchmarks easier and is less reliant on Mag growth (and more on massive stacking of various boosts). Also you double more early while Jakob is doing Paladin things and not giving you Spd as a Butler.

Though Ninja is arguably the least thinking required, once past the earlygame.

edit: Oh and I prefer +Mag Dark Mage on Birthright because you can Horse God some stuff but I don't know if other builds are better.

I've somewhat heard about Nohr endgame stuff. I'm dreading those negative chain lunge ninjas.

Much easier to make sure you have the resources to skip than to face head on (though it's not impossible).

Edited by XeKr

Ninja is one of the best. I personally run Samurai and I'm very satistfied with it (though also, only Birthright so far), and I heard Mag Cav (going for Levin Sword) is good.

First of all, how do you get the Levin Sword? I thought it couldn't be an enemy drop.

You ARE playing Birthright, correct? Is it available in Birthright?

I mostly just want to run Samurai to give it to Xander--though does he really reach that level of defense where enemies tink and ignore him on Lunatic? But I kinda wanna do Vantage on him for the same reason that it's good on Ryoma.

I'd pick Ninja otherwise, though. Too bad there's no girl Ninjas I can get it from in Nohr at all.

First of all, how do you get the Levin Sword? I thought it couldn't be an enemy drop.

I was talking Conquest for Levin sword cav build. In Birthright, just go physical unless you really want to get that lance rank up.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Tangerine, March 1, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by Tangerine, March 1, 2016 - No reason given

shit, accidental, pls mod delete

Edited by Thor Odinson

I mostly just want to run Samurai to give it to Xander--though does he really reach that level of defense where enemies tink and ignore him on Lunatic? But I kinda wanna do Vantage on him for the same reason that it's good on Ryoma.

Xander isn't the unkillable wall he was in easier versions of Nohr. But thankfully he's still immune to doubling in speedy pair up. Giving him samurai outside of revelations is probably one of the better choices in case you marry him, but it just makes his speed growth 55% and he loses move out of it. He'll be fragile enough to send into enemies waves, and with stat boosters he'll make your efforts worth it. But don't forget one of the hardest aspects of Lunatic is the skills, and counter is a bitch, along with snake venom.

You can get cavalier if you A rank Silas as a male or marry him as a female regardless of route.