The Lunatic Club [Fates]

Jedi

Xander isn't the unkillable wall he was in easier versions of Nohr. But thankfully he's still immune to doubling in speedy pair up. Giving him samurai outside of revelations is probably one of the better choices in case you marry him, but it just makes his speed growth 55% and he loses move out of it. He'll be fragile enough to send into enemies waves, and with stat boosters he'll make your efforts worth it. But don't forget one of the hardest aspects of Lunatic is the skills, and counter is a bitch, along with snake venom.

You can get cavalier if you A rank Silas as a male or marry him as a female regardless of route.

Hm, would you recommend just leaving Xander as is (Paladin) then? Would be benefits of Ninja Corn outweigh that of Samurai Xander? I mean, y'all know me, doing Ryoumarx in Revelation isn't even a question so much it's just gonna happen no matter what. But I also do kinda wanna try out Xander with Samurai's perks and iirc since Counter won't activate on the enemy's phase Xander's 1-2 range makes counter not too big of a problem for him, I'd think.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xander doesn't want ninja at all in Lunatic, but he sure as hell wants a Ninja wife. 20 base speed on pair up means he is safe from doubling for a large portion of the game and can double non-Wary Fighter Knights/Generals. And thankfully the enemies in Lunatic can actually hurt him, so he's good at being the wall he's meant to be. The +1 movement is also what he wants. If you're willing to make your Corrin Xander's pair up for a good portion of the game, go right ahead, because it's pretty fantastic.

Xander doesn't want ninja at all in Lunatic, but he sure as hell wants a Ninja wife. 20 base speed on pair up means he is safe from doubling for a large portion of the game and can double non-Wary Fighter Knights/Generals. And thankfully the enemies in Lunatic can actually hurt him, so he's good at being the wall he's meant to be. The +1 movement is also what he wants. If you're willing to make your Corrin Xander's pair up for a good portion of the game, go right ahead, because it's pretty fantastic.

I'm gonna name my Corn Ryouma (again) which is also a consideration for Samurai :P

But honestly, I basically just like using Corn as a resource since I'm not a big fan of Corn anyway. So whatever helps out the character I like the most, I'm willing with doing. I mean, my Birthright "Ryouma" had Fighter (though it's easy to get him Samurai through A anyway)

So I might end up doing Ninja anyway. He can go get Samurai with the real Ryoma once I hit up Revelation.

For Ninja Corn, I figure Master Ninja pairup is what Xander wants the most, but do you figure at any point it might be reasonable to go Mechanist for Replicate? Or is that not necessary?

Also, if I want to favor Charlotte--(yeah, I know, she's not great, etcetc but she's my fav Nohr girl), would Ben be a good pairup partner for her?

Edited by Thor Odinson

Does anyone have a good strategy for the right side room on Ch.25 Conquest? I can get through the left side pretty consistently, but the right side is just terror. I still have a lot of freeze/rescue charges. I held on to most of my stat boosters as well, is tossing all of them + tonics onto corn and just going after Ryoma a viable tactic?

If your corn has one of the evil -20% hp skills like savage blow or poison strike you can actually handle Ryoma pretty well, you don't even have to hit and he takes 20% damage. The right side shouldn't be too bad if you Freeze/Entrap one of the Spy Shuriken goons and kill the other.

I took me forever to realize there were breakable walls in that chapter. It was the WORST.

Edited by General Horace

How does Lunatic/+ handle in Fates compared to Awakening? Is it the same with just a stats buff and randomized/totally-unfair skills from the get-go, or is the AI actually smarter/configurations different/other-smarter-ways-of-improving-difficulty-and-stuff?

Guys, what is the best asset/flaw combo if I go for LadiesOnlyHoshido (feat. Male Corrin and Kaze) and BoysOnlyNohr (feat. Female Corrin)?

I had in mind +Def/-Skill for Hoshido along Knight or Cavalier as a class choice. I'll really need a tank, and without Silas, Jakob, or any other male, this is gonna be hard.

As for Nohr, since I'll lack of healers (Jakob being the only male healer in the Nohr campaign), I thought of something like Troubadour (F) or Shrine Maiden along +Mag/-Skill or something like that.

Would it work?

I'm in EU so I can't play the game yet, so I don't really know. :(

I just beat Conquest on Lunatic/Classic some days ago and now I'm playing Birthright for the first time, on Lunatic/Classic. Conquest's Lunatic was really challenging and tricky even though I had already beaten it on Hard, but I'm legitimately surprised at how easy Birthright's Lunatic has been so far. I'm at chapter 14 and it's been easier than Conquest's Hard. Does it get harder later on?

Edited by Nobody

I just beat Conquest on Lunatic/Classic some days ago and now I'm playing Birthright for the first time, on Lunatic/Classic. Conquest's Lunatic was really challenging and tricky even though I had already beaten it on Hard, but I'm legitimately surprised at how easy Birthright's Lunatic has been so far. I'm at chapter 14 and it's been easier than Conquest's Hard. Does it get harder later on?

Chapter 23 was the one legit hard chapter, and 24, 25, 27 are all harder than the rest of Birthright but it's not that hard imo (and I have a feeling you can probably rescueskip 27 too, esp since you can just get those shots of rescue back later anyway). 26 is super easy even if you want to get all the exp and not just kill boss in one shot. 28 is a one turn.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Chapter 23 was the one legit hard chapter, and 24, 25, 27 are all harder than the rest of Birthright but it's not that hard imo (and I have a feeling you can probably rescueskip 27 too, esp since you can just get those shots of rescue back later anyway). 26 is super easy even if you want to get all the exp and not just kill boss in one shot. 28 is a one turn.

ah, I see, thanks. I'm still having fun with the game, but it's nice to know that at least some of the later chapters are a bit harder.

If your corn has one of the evil -20% hp skills like savage blow or poison strike you can actually handle Ryoma pretty well, you don't even have to hit and he takes 20% damage. The right side shouldn't be too bad if you Freeze/Entrap one of the Spy Shuriken goons and kill the other.

I took me forever to realize there were breakable walls in that chapter. It was the WORST.

How many turns does it take to take him down after accounting for the healing effect?

Honestly no idea, it's just something i've heard about and not done myself. You still have to be pretty lucky and actually land some hits and not die. An ideal build (for fighting Ryoma anyway, ignoring everything else) would be a wyvern secondary class with Savage Blow from Malig Knight and Swordbreaker from Wyvern Lord. You'll probably get doubled unless you're like, speed boon speed capped or something, but you probably won't die and kill him pretty quickly. Or you could reclass to a faster class.

I mostly just want to run Samurai to give it to Xander--though does he really reach that level of defense where enemies tink and ignore him on Lunatic? But I kinda wanna do Vantage on him for the same reason that it's good on Ryoma.

I'd pick Ninja otherwise, though. Too bad there's no girl Ninjas I can get it from in Nohr at all.

I was talking Conquest for Levin sword cav build. In Birthright, just go physical unless you really want to get that lance rank up.

No, he's a good pony but xander flat out needs to be force fed both speedwings and get glued to a berserker to actually matter. Don't levin cav corin on lunatic unless you just hate your life.

You have 3 tank EP options on lunatic after silias falls off, dragonstone, breakers and nos. If you dont hate kids niles+nina gives you 2 shurikenbreaker shining bow users to trivialize the spy shurikens/legitimately contribute in lategame otherwise silias can pull it off physically, you'll want to seal for breakers as needed.

@ Nobody: it spikes in the endgame but you can just ignore it by going fast. Birthrights difficulty is a joke.

@Thor again: Turns to kill ryoma, 1. Point blank Forged Lightning from any sorc (DK leo is suffering, set him free) will erase pretty much anything in this game. if you really want to solo him with xander just drop arthur by him, hex lobsterman for 100% hitrate with swordbreaker and critblick his face with a killer weapon.

Kaze'daughter is a fem ninja if you really want one.

Edited by joshcja

No, he's a good pony but xander flat out needs to be force fed both speedwings and get glued to a berserker to actually matter. Don't levin cav corin on lunatic unless you just hate your life.

You have 3 tank EP options on lunatic after silias falls off, dragonstone, breakers and nos. If you dont hate kids niles+nina gives you 2 shurikenbreaker shining bow users to trivialize the spy shurikens otherwise silias can pull it off, you'll want to seal for breakers as needed.

@ Nobody: it spikes in the endgame but you can just ignore it by going fast. Birthrights difficulty is a joke.

@Thor again: Turns to kill ryoma, 1. Point blank Forged Lightning from any sorc (DK leo is suffering, set him free) will erase pretty much anything in this game.

Kaze'daughter is a fem ninja if you really want one.

Yes because you can totally get into Ryoma's room turn one that's why he gives you 20 turns before even he even tries to attack you, okay

I'm talking about ending the chapter early with Ninja poison and shit, fucking pay attention

Honestly no idea, it's just something i've heard about and not done myself. You still have to be pretty lucky and actually land some hits and not die. An ideal build (for fighting Ryoma anyway, ignoring everything else) would be a wyvern secondary class with Savage Blow from Malig Knight and Swordbreaker from Wyvern Lord. You'll probably get doubled unless you're like, speed boon speed capped or something, but you probably won't die and kill him pretty quickly. Or you could reclass to a faster class.

I'm going Ninja so that's at least WTA over Ryouma and a very fast class, and I could toss shurikens at him during the pokefight phase or something.

Do you know if---say you initiate the fight with him, then decide you don't wanna fight him anymore and back off into the corner the next turn, and it's before the 20 turn limit is up. Will he continue to attack you or will he just stay in his corner too?

Or does the duel room not let you activate those skills--- in which case, tbh I really want the niichans to fight so I'm just gonna hold off for Xander.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Edit: Nvm hilarious misunderstanding

I meant turns total of fighting ryoma.

As for getting xander to him that entirely depends on your build.

Edit: I seriously just bop him with forged lightning on a quick sorc reclass of diviner!corin as soon as I hit usefulchest. Skills 100% work in that room btw. Its just healing and sneky dragonskin.

Edited by joshcja

I mean ideally I do wanna do it with Xander to mirror what I did in Birthright, but in the case I don't wanna go through all of 25 I'm more or less inclined to ninja poison my way through before the 20 turn limit is up. I don't know the full extent of the pokefight room effects, though.

I did Birthright Hard, and tbh I found Takumi kinda underwhelming, when compared with Ryoma, Corrin, Hinoka, Saizo and Kaze. I swapped him to Mechanist because I didn't like Snipers lack of EP, but he still felt meh. Should I drop him for Lunatic? Maybe I can try Kinshi Knight.

Edited by avengerfive

I guess if you have a very EP-heavy playstyle you don't need him-though I found his endgame damage to be pretty great for my purposes. Kinshi's pretty bad, decreases his strength, E lances is worthless.

I like him since I'm more about baiting select groups of enemies in with a tank then swarm the shit out of them player phase, and his offense pretty much guarantee a oneround. I did painstakingly pair him with Aqua for Darting Blow (considering me fucking up all my preferred pairings for S Rinkah happened hahaha) and IDK if it was worth or not because doing that pair is a lot more effort than anything else I did combined (save marry Kaze to Sakura-pairing healer is just as bad) but he did double his entire way through the rest of the game with no effort and that was pretty cool.

I actually had him run with Oboro in practice more, though. They make a pretty good pair in both support and combat. Use Oboro to tank/draw in enemies then switch to Takumi to fully wreck them works really well.

Edited by Thor Odinson

I'm on Nohr Chapter 23. Trying to figure out if it's worth it to struggle with E rank weapons in Wvyern Lord for Corn to get Swordbreaker from levels 16-19 or if I should just forget it and go Great Knight for Armored Blow and go Nohr Noble to get Draconic Curse. Also maybe thinking about taking Xander through Dark Knight and then Sorcerer for ~101 EXP Bowbreaker. How tough is the Nohr Final Boss anyway?

Also I'm not sure what Niles' average strength is supposed to be, but he's 20/12 with 19 Strength and that's bad. I married him to Azura so I can have two lategame staffbots. Also, "We'll love each other from afar, but lets put two buns in the Hyperbolic Time Oven anyway"

Niles has 45% str growth as an outlaw 40% as adventurer with 9 base so thats dead average for his STR. 35% mag as an adventurer he really needs a forged shining bow to stay relevant in the damage department

Edited by joshcja

For Ryoma, his room is like +20 Def/Res, but it doesn't heal much and Braves/Skills can work.

For final boss, he's not hard, but getting to him might be without cheese (Infinite Staff Enfeeble Staff+Negative Chain)