The Lunatic Club [Fates]

Jedi

Even without Gamble, his initial hitrates are pretty shaky. 71 and 66 % with the Iron/Hand Axe on his opening chapter is...not great. It does get better once he gets skill levels and you dump Goddess Icons on him and whatever- though he'll have trouble gaining Exp if he can't hit things which is a bit of a death spiral.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Im playing with my friend, shes on phoenix mode and I really liked conquest story, so im going to start from conquest lunatic. I heard it is like some old fire emblem and dont have much to grind, so I have some questions to start with:

1 - What Boon and Bane should I pick for a optimal run? I plan to make a Corrin and a physical class, like Norh Noble, maybe?

2 - I really don't like the children, I mean, I play so much with the parents that I get attached to them, so, is it mandatory to play with the children to beat lunatic?

3 - I love Felicia and I plan to pair her with my male Corrin, is she a good pairing for him?

4 - There is some thread or something about the characters? some tier list or something?

5 - Should I worry about pairing in this game? Unlike Awekening I saw that pairing system is not the same, so I can relly that much on pairing.

6 - Is it possible to grind with dlc?

For now is just it. Thank you <3

So, Im playing with my friend, shes on phoenix mode and I really liked conquest story, so im going to start from conquest lunatic. I heard it is like some old fire emblem and dont have much to grind, so I have some questions to start with:

1 - What Boon and Bane should I pick for a optimal run? I plan to make a Corrin and a physical class, like Norh Noble, maybe?

+Mag boon/something that doesn't nerf def or speed bane. Even with a physical talent mag weapons do more. Also Nhor Noble is mag based.

2 - I really don't like the children, I mean, I play so much with the parents that I get attached to them, so, is it mandatory to play with the children to beat lunatic?

No.

3 - I love Felicia and I plan to pair her with my male Corrin, is she a good pairing for him?

No but fuck it you're not building kids.

4 - There is some thread or something about the characters? some tier list or something?

Nothing halfway accurate.

5 - Should I worry about pairing in this game? Unlike Awekening I saw that pairing system is not the same, so I can relly that much on pairing.

It's useful, not the be all end all but useful

6 - Is it possible to grind with dlc?

>.>

For now is just it. Thank you <3

Edited by joshcja

pairing is useful to break the game because the extra resource from paralogue really shifts the game around

Felicia x MU is actually fine, but the problem with that pairing is basically because Magical units lacks pairing in general, and Felicia is one of the few good ones

I know this, but all this master and servant thing is sooooo...wow~ *blushes*

Anyhow, I just got by chapter 2 , its fairly easy comparing to Awakening first lunatic chapters

How good is a +mag/-str corrin for the 3 routes? I was planning on having diviner as the talent

+mag/-str is more of a postgame thing tomes are accurate enough that you can freely go - skill to not rape your def and str when you eventually reclass back to noble and -luck is the standard "least flawed" flaw.

As far as talents go, diviner is pretty top tier in conquest and underwhelming everywhere else.

+mag/-str is more of a postgame thing tomes are accurate enough that you can freely go - skill to not rape your def and str when you eventually reclass back to noble and -luck is the standard "least flawed" flaw.

As far as talents go, diviner is pretty top tier in conquest and underwhelming everywhere else.

Thanks for the advice. I'm surprised and glad at how much you promote the use of magic builds and Odin considering that most things I hear about them are negative.

Lyn mode?

Woops, sorry I forget not everyone has played fe7. Lyn mode was an extended tutorial added to fe7 to introduce us dumb wide eyes to fe gameplay mechanics when the series was ported to the states.

Thanks for the advice. I'm surprised and glad at how much you promote the use of magic builds and Odin considering that most things I hear about them are negative.

Thanks I guess, glad someone is getting use out of my obnoxious spam.

Honestly I would love to stop posting about mag builds/odin and get into actual interesting aspects of this game, but god forbid people be wrong on the internet.

Edited by joshcja

How good is a +mag/-str corrin for the 3 routes? I was planning on having diviner as the talent

Very strong 1-2 range, durability is sketchy though. I found (Dark) Mage talent better in Conquest because of Nosferatu access, but you could go Diviner and Friend/Partner into Dark Mage later so eh.

Yay got to Conquest Lunatic Endgame. Time to start reseting for that Double Dragon Fang proc.

On a side note, does anyone know the minimum damage MU needs to do against Takumi so that he can kill with a single Dragon Fang proc? I'm thinking it's around 30.

Yay got to Conquest Lunatic Endgame. Time to start reseting for that Double Dragon Fang proc.

On a side note, does anyone know the minimum damage MU needs to do against Takumi so that he can kill with a single Dragon Fang proc? I'm thinking it's around 30.

75 = Atk - Def (or Res) + 0.5 * Atk

PhAtk must be at least 78 if Def = 26 + 1, MAtk must be at least 77 if Res = 22 + 2 + 1 assuming you don't double.

If you do double,

75 = 2 * (Atk - Def [Res]) + 0.5 Atk

PhAtk must be at least 52, MAtk must be at least 50.

Edited by Redwall

75 = Atk - Def (or Res) + 0.5 * Atk

PhAtk must be at least 78 if Def = 26 + 1, MAtk must be at least 77 if Res = 22 + 2 + 1 assuming you don't double.

If you do double,

75 = 2 * (Atk - Def [Res]) + 0.5 Atk

PhAtk must be at least 52, MAtk must be at least 50.

That is literally higher than unforged brave benchmarks.

Are you sure thats correct? I believe with the the Shadow Yato you do 75% damage because of dragonskin. And dragonskin reduces Dragon Fang's effectiveness as well.

Sorry, my mistake.

75 = 2 * 0.75 * (Atk - Def) + Dragon_Fang_modifier * Atk

Anyone know how Dragonskin modifies Dragon Fang's bonus when using the Shadow Yato?

I think I saw somewhere that Dragon Fang becomes +0.25Atk when attacking an enemy with Dragonskin.

Assuming that it would look like:

75 = 2*((Atk-27) *0.75)+0.25Atk

So 65 disp atk + mad luck @ A swords?

Another problem is we don't know how the game handles rounding. Does it round up/down in between calculations? Does it truncate?

You have a decent chance at proccing one Dragon Fang in two hits.

oh that was assuming 2 procs.

It rounds down btw.

Edited by joshcja

Sorry, made another mistake. I don't think Competitive should get modified by Dragonskin. So assuming DS halves DF,

75 = 2*((Atk-26) *0.75) + 0.25Atk - 2

is what we've got?

EDIT: neglecting things like Rose's Thorns, of course

Edited by Redwall