The Lunatic Club [Fates]

Jedi

I'm pairing Corrin with Odin for now, to go for Ophelia. My team is definitely going to consist of two mages and two dragons. There will probably be four or five horses too. I guess it'll be like an angry swarm around a couple of squishy mages that destroy most things they touch.

Edited by expshare

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, expshare said:

I'm pairing Corrin with Odin for now, to go for Ophelia. My team is definitely going to consist of two mages and two dragons. There will probably be four or five horses too. I guess it'll be like an angry swarm around a couple of squishy mages that destroy most things they touch.

Lots of people like them, but I've found their not as great. Paladin and GK fall off pretty hard once you hit around ch 17. Xander is an exception because of Siegfried and his personal, but even he isn't good as a paladin ch19-22 or so. Flight is amazing for that stretch of the game. Fortunately, lots of your units have flight/other mounted options because Nohr is best lol.

I've been playing two other FE games on the side: FE4 and Revelation (FE Fates). I'm doing a casual classic-lunatic run in Revelation. I heard it was easier so I thought it would be good for when I'm not in the mood for thinking as hard. I have to say, Revelation is very easy compared to Conquest. Jakob as a Butler actually works out well for me. I paired him with Rinkah for the 4 strength bonus and gave him a forged iron shuriken. He also has heal staves and the skill that can make him heal himself as he heals an ally unit, and putting all this together makes him a utility monster. He can kill many units outright with a hard hitting double attack. Those who survive can be weakened for another unit to finish. In fact, I got a steel dagger for free and I gave it to Jakob for the chance encounter where Corrin might need to double an enemy who otherwise wouldn't be debuffed enough by the iron shuriken (1 point difference). I can always sell the steel dagger later on. Jakob also has a useful aura. My Corrin is a strong unlucky wyvern rider. She is paired with Gunter on most missions for the defense and strength advantages. On the physical side she is basically impervious to everything other than bows. I gave her a talisman for +2 res. She also got a forged hand-axe and a forged iron axe. Most units she overkills with high doubles. Sakura has just been my healer, and her aura is nice. Sometimes I pair her with Kaze for the +1 mov. Azura is incredible. I haven't designated her a pairing unit yet, but it will probably be something with +def. I've been using her almost purely for sing, and she has out-leveled everyone. I noticed recently that her stats were a little scary, but I still mostly use her as a sing-bot. Takumi is good for an archer, so I'm using him. I've heard good things about Reina, so I've set her up with her own forged iron lance and forged javelin and made her a basara (food/ore access is potent). I also haven't ignored the optional challenges, and they have provided some extra gold and experience on top of the gobs of gold and experience the game gives to you. This game is very forgiving when it comes to items especially. Every chapter is littered with items, such as one chapter where you get pretty much all of the stat boosting items (the permanent +2 in one stat). The game is also extremely generous in how many units it gives to you, which litters your convoy even more with all kinds of useful things. I haven't even used the mess hall because my team is so overpowered. Anyone who wants a challenge from revelation should probably consider putting a large number of constraints on themselves before playing it. As for me, I've been enjoying the more casual feel. Also, at least the story isn't "let's hear father's side" for 12 chapters counting.

Edit:

Back to Conquest lunatic-classic.

Chapter 12 - This chapter wasn't as bad as it looked. I just made a point of it to make every turn count, and make sure no one was going to die. I pushed straight through the middle of the map and used the dragonvein to break the poison pots in the middle area. Unfortunately my timing and math were just a little bit off, so I missed the armorslayer in the chest. I did get the 5000 gold at least. Saizo was defeated. Ryoma was not defeated because his stats were insane. Everyone contributed to the team. I don't have that much to say about this one other than to make every turn count. I finished on turn 13 out of 16. I had to make Corrin escape because reinforcements were sandwiching me up against Ryoma. Well, this one gets an extra star for difficulty because of the time limit. Difficulty = (***)

Notable things: S rank Corrin/Odin has been achieved now. Nyx will become my new pairup unit for Corrin probably, since she is a promoted dark knight.

Edited by expshare

On 7/23/2018 at 3:52 AM, expshare said:

I've been playing two other FE games on the side: FE4 and Revelation (FE Fates). I'm doing a casual classic-lunatic run in Revelation. I heard it was easier so I thought it would be good for when I'm not in the mood for thinking as hard. I have to say, Revelation is very easy compared to Conquest. Jakob as a Butler actually works out well for me. I paired him with Rinkah for the 4 strength bonus and gave him a forged iron shuriken. He also has heal staves and the skill that can make him heal himself as he heals an ally unit, and putting all this together makes him a utility monster. He can kill many units outright with a hard hitting double attack. Those who survive can be weakened for another unit to finish. In fact, I got a steel dagger for free and I gave it to Jakob for the chance encounter where Corrin might need to double an enemy who otherwise wouldn't be debuffed enough by the iron shuriken (1 point difference). I can always sell the steel dagger later on. Jakob also has a useful aura. My Corrin is a strong unlucky wyvern rider. She is paired with Gunter on most missions for the defense and strength advantages. On the physical side she is basically impervious to everything other than bows. I gave her a talisman for +2 res. She also got a forged hand-axe and a forged iron axe. Most units she overkills with high doubles. Sakura has just been my healer, and her aura is nice. Sometimes I pair her with Kaze for the +1 mov. Azura is incredible. I haven't designated her a pairing unit yet, but it will probably be something with +def. I've been using her almost purely for sing, and she has out-leveled everyone. I noticed recently that her stats were a little scary, but I still mostly use her as a sing-bot. Takumi is good for an archer, so I'm using him. I've heard good things about Reina, so I've set her up with her own forged iron lance and forged javelin and made her a basara (food/ore access is potent). I also haven't ignored the optional challenges, and they have provided some extra gold and experience on top of the gobs of gold and experience the game gives to you. This game is very forgiving when it comes to items especially. Every chapter is littered with items, such as one chapter where you get pretty much all of the stat boosting items (the permanent +2 in one stat). The game is also extremely generous in how many units it gives to you, which litters your convoy even more with all kinds of useful things. I haven't even used the mess hall because my team is so overpowered. Anyone who wants a challenge from revelation should probably consider putting a large number of constraints on themselves before playing it. As for me, I've been enjoying the more casual feel. Also, at least the story isn't "let's hear father's side" for 12 chapters counting.

Edit:

Back to Conquest lunatic-classic.

Chapter 12 - This chapter wasn't as bad as it looked. I just made a point of it to make every turn count, and make sure no one was going to die. I pushed straight through the middle of the map and used the dragonvein to break the poison pots in the middle area. Unfortunately my timing and math were just a little bit off, so I missed the armorslayer in the chest. I did get the 5000 gold at least. Saizo was defeated. Ryoma was not defeated because his stats were insane. Everyone contributed to the team. I don't have that much to say about this one other than to make every turn count. I finished on turn 13 out of 16. I had to make Corrin escape because reinforcements were sandwiching me up against Ryoma. Well, this one gets an extra star for difficulty because of the time limit. Difficulty = (***)

Notable things: S rank Corrin/Odin has been achieved now. Nyx will become my new pairup unit for Corrin probably, since she is a promoted dark knight.

DV makes that map so much easier. I always forgot it was there and only started using it recently :/ Tips for killing Ryoma: Use Camilla with a Dual Axe, Freeze/Enfeeble him, hit him with a shuriken user who can take a round of combat (I generally use Jacob), and abuse Camilla's personal (this personal alone is a permanent deployment slot imo). The Armorslayer is nice to have but it's not game changing. It's handy for chapter 16 (??the fort one??) since there are a bunch of generals, but that's it for a while. Magic users are the secret weapon of Conquest imo. They make them seem like they suck, but they can easily become mvps if you use them correctly (Odin with Nos and Vantage, Ophelia in general, Nyx with instant promotion to DK, Leo is a later version of Odin with A+ for vantage).

Good ideas for setting up a Ryoma kill. I bet he's quite the experience point boost for whoever lands the final blow.

So currently I'm stuck on Ophelia's level. My most recent strategy was to send Camilla to the upper left village, picking off the archer on the way. The rest of my units gathered around the bottom left village and attempted to defend. Even by forfeiting both rightside villages, which are the less important villages, I still struggle to keep everyone alive, and Camilla achieves her mission but then seems to get boxed in the upper left area by bow-units, so that's another problem with this strategy.

Well, I was just messing around while thinking about the FE Fates battle formulas, and I decided to make a quick battle simulator. It's very rudimentary in that it only takes into account attack, hit, health, defense, avoid, and speed.

Python code:

# Note: Unit y attacks first, unit x defends first

import numpy as np

def battle(x, y):
    # x, y = [atk, hit (/100), hp, def, avo (/100), spe]
    [atk1, hit1, hp1, def1, avo1, spe1] = x
    [atk2, hit2, hp2, def2, avo2, spe2] = y
    phase = 1
    if spe1 >= spe2 + 5:
        while hp1 > 0 and hp2 > 0:
            if phase == 1 and np.random.uniform(0,1) < hit2 - avo1:
                hp1 = hp1 - (atk2 - def1)
            if phase == 0 and np.random.uniform(0,1) < hit1 - avo2:
                hp2 = hp2 - 2 * (atk1 - def2)
            phase = (phase + 1) % 2

elif spe1 + 5 <= spe2:
                hp1 = hp1 - 2 * (atk2 - def1)
                hp2 = hp2 - (atk1 - def2)
            phase = (phase + 1) % 2

else:
                hp1 = hp1 - (atk2 - def1)
                hp2 = hp2 - (atk1 - def2)
            phase = (phase + 1) % 2
    if hp1 > 0:
        return 1
        print ("Unit 1 wins battle.")
    if hp2 > 0:
        return 2
        print ("Unit 2 wins battle.")

I tested it with two units fighting 10,000 times each, and I would change the stats and see if the victory percentages seemed reasonable given the stat changes made. It seemed to work correctly for every test I thought of putting it through. It's interesting that small stat changes can result in negligible differences for some battles, and large differences for other battles. It's pretty intuitively clear why this is the case, but it does make the game quite a bit more complex when there's no single test to assess how strong a unit is since it depends a lot on what unit they are up against, and that's not to mention weapon triangles, range, effects, skills, pairing, various utility factors such as move, flying or not, etc.

Lots of factors lol.

I've always had an Ophelia with vantage, so my strat is likely to not be very helpful. I generally do the paralogue at ch. 13-15. I send Silas with a backpack and armorslayer to the top left. I send a caster (Corrin or Odin for me) to the village on the left. I send Ophelia with Beruka or someone mounted to the top right village and she sits on the village tile with nos+vantage soaking tons of xp (master Seal in inventory). Everyone else deals with the enemies on the right/bottom right. I try to not aggro the boss to them, but sometimes I get AI unlucky (I want it to go to Ophelia). Camilla might be a great option for the top right village. She can have magic equipped for WT neutral on the myrms, fly there quickly and get out quickly, and has enough bulk for the numbers/casters. Bottom right I snag by turn 2 or 3. Wyvern Elise with bolt axe and Arthur with a hammer take out the armor in one turn. A non-flying mounted unit is great for the top left. The immediate left village can take a caster, or some means of refresh-shelter to snag the item and peace.

It sounds like I might need to be a little bit higher level to pull this off, as I haven't beaten Chapter 13 yet. Or I'm just not good enough.

So in my Revelations lunatic playthrough I found my characters to be powerful. They would consume lunatic enemies with barely a scratch to their hp, and then deliver an overkill. But I went with wyvern Corrin in that playthrough, and it made me miss wyvern Corrin in my conquest playthrough. I also came to appreciate the ninja class more with Jakob, maybe because my Jakob leveled with almost no defense in my conquest playthrough. Either way, in my new conquest playthrough I have wyvern Corrin +Str/-Luk (hopefully I don't regret not making it +Spe, but when I looked at the +Spe details it sounded worse.) I now know that pairings are a thing, so I'm pairing Silas with Effie, Niles with Mozu, Elise with Odin, Jakob with Arthur. That last one is just because Jakob is a ninja, and the +4 str goes so well with him. Corrin will get someone.

9 hours ago, expshare said:

It sounds like I might need to be a little bit higher level to pull this off, as I haven't beaten Chapter 13 yet. Or I'm just not good enough.

So in my Revelations lunatic playthrough I found my characters to be powerful. They would consume lunatic enemies with barely a scratch to their hp, and then deliver an overkill. But I went with wyvern Corrin in that playthrough, and it made me miss wyvern Corrin in my conquest playthrough. I also came to appreciate the ninja class more with Jakob, maybe because my Jakob leveled with almost no defense in my conquest playthrough. Either way, in my new conquest playthrough I have wyvern Corrin +Str/-Luk (hopefully I don't regret not making it +Spe, but when I looked at the +Spe details it sounded worse.) I now know that pairings are a thing, so I'm pairing Silas with Effie, Niles with Mozu, Elise with Odin, Jakob with Arthur. That last one is just because Jakob is a ninja, and the +4 str goes so well with him. Corrin will get someone.

Are you keeping your units in guard stance a lot? I had like 3-4 stat backpacks in my very first lunatic run and hit a brick wall later in the game. Just a heads up. Attack stance/dual strike (I forget what it's called) is amazing. It's part of why +dmg is the most important thing in conquest. Having +3 dmg on a units means it's dealing more damage on it's attack, and all the other attacks it does in attack stance. Speed matters much more for the unit initiating the fight or taking hits on EP. Everyone else just wants to hit really hard. If they double, awesome, but being able to hit harder as the dual striker doesn't take SPD into account. At least this is how I thought about it to get out of the stat backpack trap lol #rambling

On 25/7/2018 at 11:49 PM, expshare said:

So currently I'm stuck on Ophelia's level. My most recent strategy was to send Camilla to the upper left village, picking off the archer on the way. The rest of my units gathered around the bottom left village and attempted to defend. Even by forfeiting both rightside villages, which are the less important villages, I still struggle to keep everyone alive, and Camilla achieves her mission but then seems to get boxed in the upper left area by bow-units, so that's another problem with this strategy.

Could you try my recommendations from last week?
https://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/61499-the-lunatic-club-fates/&page=38&tab=comments#comment-5271475

Centh, thanks for arguing against the use of guard stance. I've heard that attack stance is better, but now I'll definitely look into it more carefully.

Starburst, my apologies. I forgot that you talked about the Ophelia level because it was a while ago and I hadn't gotten there yet. I'll definitely read what you wrote and give it a try next time I attempt that level.

1 hour ago, expshare said:

Centh, thanks for arguing against the use of guard stance. I've heard that attack stance is better, but now I'll definitely look into it more carefully.

Starburst, my apologies. I forgot that you talked about the Ophelia level because it was a while ago and I hadn't gotten there yet. I'll definitely read what you wrote and give it a try next time I attempt that level.

Units who do lots of combat during EP usually need a guard stance (AteAllTheTalismans!Xander, vantage!sorc, master ninja with damage stack, other EP builds). PP combat wants attack stance because it maximizes damage and options. It's part of why Axe/Bow is so strong. They have the highest Mt for attack stance use. I follow a guideline of no more than 2 stat backpacks at a time in a turn... unless it's Birthright. Birthright = create 3 EP blenders with 1-2 range and a backpack. Throw them into the middle of the map and win the game.

7 hours ago, expshare said:

Follow Centh’s recommendations, man. It is not that Attack Stance is better than Guard Stance, but that it is necessary in some sections of a map, specially if your party is not numerous.

Note that even if a unit did zero damage to an enemy, it can still kill that enemy in A-S if the second unit lands its attack. It is very useful when levelling-up recently recruited units or units on an alien class (grabbing skills.) This is how Mozu gets the Experience points of every Faceless on her map, or how Maid Elise can kill a General with a bronze dagger.

On the other hand, you can use Guard Stance to hold a position, or to lure or face numerous enemies, since it nullifies any second hit, and the AI ignores G-S when calculating the damage. This is why the system still plays the ‘tension tune’ even when there is no way that your unit could have died (because one or both attacks is going to be blocked.)

Guard Stance is also useful to make your way through a map. Pair units A and B, let A move and take an enemy phase, then move and change to unit B, and so on.

I meant thanks for arguing against the overuse of guard stance. I've been using attack stance more, but I still use guard stance when it makes sense. I didn't mean to suggest that I was going to never use guard stance again or something. Also I'm going to read through what you wrote more than once in the future probably...good things to note. For now I'm doing what makes sense to me, which often doesn't work out in-game, but what makes sense to me is that I shouldn't be back-packing units "just because." It's more for when it's useful, and I will have to judge in each individual case whether it is useful or not. So far I've permanently backpacked Elise with Odin, for Ophelia reasons, and because, if I'm not mistaken, there's no disadvantage here? Elise gets guard help, and I get Ophelia without having to worry about training up Odin. Other things...against a boss the useless units (who don't want xp) can be equipped to someone who might benefit from it. Against small numbers of elite units it sometimes makes sense to focus power into fewer tiles depending on the terrain and stats involved, especially if someone is too vulnerable otherwise. I also think if a strategy requires a god-tier unit then using guard stance is probably important if it can raise your defense up to the level of the enemy units' attack stats, or nearby it. Lastly it's good to use guard stance period if someone is in danger of being killed otherwise (their escape route lies in enemy attack range). I would just have them equip to someone in that case. But generally speaking I'm going to use attack stance as my thoughtless default, but keep a keen eye out for opportunities to use guard stance.

Edited by expshare

On Saturday, July 28, 2018 at 12:57 AM, expshare said:

I meant thanks for arguing against the overuse of guard stance. I've been using attack stance more, but I still use guard stance when it makes sense. I didn't mean to suggest that I was going to never use guard stance again or something. Also I'm going to read through what you wrote more than once in the future probably...good things to note. For now I'm doing what makes sense to me, which often doesn't work out in-game, but what makes sense to me is that I shouldn't be back-packing units "just because." It's more for when it's useful, and I will have to judge in each individual case whether it is useful or not. So far I've permanently backpacked Elise with Odin, for Ophelia reasons, and because, if I'm not mistaken, there's no disadvantage here? Elise gets guard help, and I get Ophelia without having to worry about training up Odin. Other things...against a boss the useless units (who don't want xp) can be equipped to someone who might benefit from it. Against small numbers of elite units it sometimes makes sense to focus power into fewer tiles depending on the terrain and stats involved, especially if someone is too vulnerable otherwise. I also think if a strategy requires a god-tier unit then using guard stance is probably important if it can raise your defense up to the level of the enemy units' attack stats, or nearby it. Lastly it's good to use guard stance period if someone is in danger of being killed otherwise (their escape route lies in enemy attack range). I would just have them equip to someone in that case. But generally speaking I'm going to use attack stance as my thoughtless default, but keep a keen eye out for opportunities to use guard stance.

The choice of attack vs guard is pretty simple.

Attack if... You need the damage on enemies not in guard stance, you need the tile of movement/shelter shenanigans, or the fight is ez and you want a better exp split.

Guard if... You need the damage on GS units, you need guage/stat boost to live that EP, or just airdrop nerds.

Moving in and out of these is fluid enough to do so multiple times in a single player phase so there's very little opportunity cost involved.

---------------------

It's always good to train both parents in child optimization for bases. I endorse the 4 pairs + freebies rule of thumb for this reason. In Ophelia's case her father is her main bulk contributor and she can be ohkoed with LaD up without this.

Edited by joshcja

On 7/29/2018 at 9:10 AM, joshcja said:

The choice of attack vs guard is pretty simple.

Attack if... You need the damage on enemies not in guard stance, you need the tile of movement/shelter shenanigans, or the fight is ez and you want a better exp split.

Guard if... You need the damage on GS units, you need guage/stat boost to live that EP, or just airdrop nerds.

Moving in and out of these is fluid enough to do so multiple times in a single player phase so there's very little opportunity cost involved.

---------------------

It's always good to train both parents in child optimization for bases. I endorse the 4 pairs + freebies rule of thumb for this reason. In Ophelia's case her father is her main bulk contributor and she can be ohkoed with LaD up without this.

I didn't think parent stats mattered for child base stats. I thought that was just in awakening. Whelp, that explains my Percy's lol

I think I'm retiring my Fates runs for the foreseeable future: it could be weeks or years; I'm not sure. The end came in the form of chapter 13, but I haven't played chapter 13. I have become quickly absorbed in Fire Emblem 8 randomized. Fates is still interesting to me, but my new interest will probably vie for time. I repeated the early chapters of Conquest quite a lot, but I found myself often dying on chapters that I had beaten many times before. I think this means that, in its many finite combinations, I still had not explored all the possibilities within a chapter. Whenever I attempted a chapter in a different way, or with a different team, I would make new mistakes and have to reset. In other words, I was still learning, despite having beaten the chapters many times over. I also learned a lot from Centh, starburst, and others. I also got to experience some of Revelation. I sank a good number of hours into this game, and since it still remains open to explore there is a good possibility that I'll come back to it eventually. I would probably still have time to follow someone's lunatic or challenge run though, whether in video, image, or text form.

Edited by expshare

Phew, I can finally say that I beat Conquest Lunatic. And what a ride it was. Honestly, this run feels really bad, I made a LOT of stupid reclass mistakes, went for skills that ended up being useless. Went for builds, while nice, took forever and ended up not adding much in the grand scheme of things etc etc. It ended up taking a year because I didn't feel like playing for months. I was stuck on Ch18 for forever and not because it was difficult, but because I wasn't sure if I should do more child Paralogues or not before they got tougher lol. I used some DLC items and used Online My Castle for supports and I kinda feel bad about that. ;/ Which is why I wanna do another run and do a clean one this time around. I think I understand the game far better now then when I started.

Basically, I went with +Mag -Lck Diviner!MU with Odin as her husbando in the hopes of getting a good Ophelia. And since I kinda forgot about LoD, she was honestly not that good. She did some Nostanking in a couple of chapters and Shurikenbreaker Calamity Gate on Ch25 was nice. Not bad not great, really. It didn't help that I managed to get Izana killed in the free DLC that I used for Gold Bar grinding (Merchant!Midori with maxed Luck) and therefor lost Rally Magic (as I didn't feel like training up a captured Onmyoji; he was still a great pair up both though!).

Through all the reclasses, Odin just fell off after a while. He Nostanked Ch18 quite nicely for a bit, but only because he was so close to Azura and Elise. <_< I feel I should have kept him as a Swordmaster haha.

I managed to get a Laslow with Replicate, Rally Strength, Rally Skill, Rally Speed. It was nice because of the extra +1 Str and Spd, but honestly, in a world where Hajime the Rally man exists, who cares? Plus, SO MANY RECLASSES. To be fair, in my very first Normal playthrough, my Laslow was so bad and barely got any use so yay for him? I am definitely thinking of going Ninja next time.

Maybe it's because I have played too much of FE6 to FE8, but I have quite the love for Pally's, but in this run, they were so mediocre. Silas, for example, hit like a truck, but did not double as much as I wanted (and honestly, Pally's skills are not that great), but once I switched him to Wyvern Lord, damn, he got gud. He ended up beating Ryoma in Ch25 because my MU was so bad lol. I wish I had abused VoF more. I have started to appreciate just how good the Cav line in itself is. Elbow Room + Shelter too good.

Xander is just Xander so he turned out fine. I do believe I gave him at least one Speedwing, but it's not until later that his Speed caught up. He did have low Defense though (my Normal mode Xander had a lot more), 32 unboosted as a Hero. And lol, that Res: 9... Anyway, Wyvern Lord Xander had a field day on Ch19 and 21 and with a dip in Great Knight and finally Hero, he had some nice things going for him. His promoted wife from the get-go, Charlotte, was a really faithful pair-up. Str and Speed pair-up goes a long way. I kinda wished I dipped into Hero earlier, since I literally got Sol when he hit 20 and Axebreaker would have been so nice in Ch26. And early Sol is just amazing.

My Kaze was a bit of a weird one, he dipped in all kinds of classes, like Swordmaster, Sniper and finally Dreadfighter. His low Str made sure that he was just meh for quite a while. At least Quick Draw helped a bit and Shurikenfaire and later Aggressor was nice, but was it worth it? Not really. :/ Vantage was cool for a while though and with a Charlotte pair-up, Ch26's right room just died. His daughter was cool though, with Mozu as her mother, Aptitude gave her some nice level ups and with the Merchant skill, she was my money maker. 65% chance to get Gold Bars is good man. Should've gone for Spendthrift, that way, she would've been better. To be fair though, since I blew through so many reclass items to get all the dumb stuff on my units, it was kinda needed lol. There's always next time. As for Mozu, I'm aware that she requires some work at the start, but man was she good. She killed so much lol and with Aptitude, her stats are pretty great. Maxed Str and Spd and almost maxed Skl. She basically made it really easy to weaken Garon, doing 4 x 15 with the Crescent Bow. ;D

Niles was good. Sooo good, even if his Str, Luck, Def and Res weren't that great. His utility is just amazing. That 9 move, Shurikenbreaker and Capture is great. I do think I should've given him a Silver Bow and a Killer Bow earlier as his Skill is very good.

I used Effie for quite a while and she was ok, but she started to fall off after a while. She had meh Def which didn't help and while her Str is huge and Wary Fighter, she could effortlessly throw +2 Javelins, it just wasn't enough.

Elise was very very good, but she didn't actually start contributing stuff until she promoted. That Wyvern reclass really sounds interesting. +2 Str, better HP and Defense growths, Rally Defense and her Strategist skills combined seem pretty nice and she's a much better Bolt Axe user than Camilla honestly. That Skill though...15. >_<

Camilla was easily one of my best units, but when is she not? I had her in Malig for way too long though, early Lord would've been much better in the end.

I used a lot of other units, but they never caught up or like, I would use them in a Paralouge and still not use them because they weren't on par with others. It's sad, because for example, Percy, would've been fine. He has like 24 Str, 20 Skl, 20 Spd, 19 Lck and 25 Def at level 1 Lord. Next time? Leo was meh, but perhaps I should've reclassed him into Sorc. Shigure was ok, Peri was ok, Beruka was just a worse Percy. Etc. You'll get your uses next time, maybe. ;)

I had Azura dip into Witch for a bit. Warp is SOOO good, but it also feels like cheating so I tried not to use it too often lol. I even did Endgame without Warp just so I could show myself I didn't need it. <_< Actually, Endgame was interesting, I had Niles go down all the way, Rescue Camilla + double Boots and MU!Great Knight pair-up, Entrap the General, Rescue Silas!Azura with move boosted Dwyer (from the same Rescue staff too since I used up one Staff already...), Lunge the other General, then Sang with Azura to reach Takumi on turn 1. Corn only did 2 x 30, but she got the double Dragon Fang proc on the first try in which I realised how to get to Taki. It was kinda hilarious how I had to plan Ch27 and Ch28 in the end. I literally had Corn get Nohrian Trust (didn't need it in the end) in Ch27, then got an extra kill, swapped to Great Knight and learned Elbow Room of the Garon kill. XD Hey, it worked in the end!

But yeah, I'm hyped for a new run! I should probably do Birthright and Rev Luna first, because I haven't tried them yet. Well, I'm at Ch10 or so in Birthright, but with Diviner!MU. =(

Edited by Thomaz

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/16/2018 at 6:19 AM, Dean said:

Aw that's a shame. I know C20's not popular but I've always been quite fond of it. Probably helps I was fielding seven fliers on my current run.

I generally have 3-4 fliers. I find the reinforcements to be very frustrating, since I always forget exactly where the spawn triggers are. Plus, tiny garbage mage is annoying :( Ophelia can't faceroll it either because of all the silence staves.

Edited by Centh

On Friday, August 17, 2018 at 11:26 AM, Centh said:

I generally have 3-4 fliers. I find the reinforcements to be very frustrating, since I always forget exactly where the spawn triggers are. Plus, tiny garbage mage is annoying :( Ophelia can't faceroll it either because of all the silence staves.

You can drop a high powered sol!MN (silias, xander, or soliel) onto tiny cancer mage turn 1 or 2 and send Ophy up the right side of the map to clear out most of the map (including reinforcments) by turn 3.

This is a bit slower than he olde blick fuga and get out but it nets all 3 chests and all the exp with minimal hassle

Edited by joshcja

2 hours ago, joshcja said:

You can drop a high powered sol!MN (silias, xander, or soliel) onto tiny cancer mage turn 1 or 2 and send Ophy up the right side of the map to clear out most of the map (including reinforcments) by turn 3.

This is a bit slower than he olde blick fuga and get out but it nets all 3 chests and all the exp with minimal hassle

My Silas was rocking really low speed this run. I think he had like 20 speed at level 3 Ninja.

14 hours ago, Centh said:

My Silas was rocking really low speed this run. I think he had like 20 speed at level 3 Ninja.

That's plenty with insp song (+3) meal (+2) tonic (+2) and footwork (+1) even with a WL pairup that gives no +spd you're still looking at an expected 28 spd.

Level 3 would be an issue though. Nosolnolife.

Edited by joshcja

• 1 month later...

I tried out Xander with Selena on a new run (I lose interest in save files once I hit ~ Ch 25. Early/mid game feels much more fun to me). Falcon Knight Selena patches up his weaknesses really well (SPD/RES) and +1 move is nice. He gets Sol off of a partner seal, which lands him with elbow, +2 STR, riposte, lunge/defender (map/strat dependent), and sol for a final build. I got lucky capping STR at lvl 16. 30 res, 35+ def, and 33+ speed (when you include buffs) makes the game feel like it's over. Spam rallys, dance, throw him into anything. Rinse and repeat. Anyone have any fun challenges or uncommon unit picks I can give a shot for conquest lunatic? Or should I bite the bullet and actually finish a playthrough of lunatic revelations? I usually stop at like Ch 11 because each map takes so long.

Edit: I've not used Keaton, Peri, Benny, Effie, Nyx, Flora, Selena, Charlotte, Beruka, Leo or many of the kids much. Maybe I'll throw together an "unused" unit run.

Edited by Centh