Jedi

The Lunatic Club [Fates]

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, joshcja said:

Attack Azama's room from the top side in casual play.

This. Just remember that if you want to go for a rout (player OCD/maximizing EXP gain), you should tackle Rinkah's room, then loop back through Setsuna->Kaze->Samurai. You don't have the space to break into Rinkah's room from behind her without feeding WAY too much exp to whoever you made strong enough to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bump because actual lunatic thread currently happening.

(Remember when we thought early jakobdin was a good idea?)

Edited by joshcja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, joshcja said:

Bump because actual lunatic thread currently happening.

(Remember when we thought early jakobdin was a good idea?)

Isn't it still pretty good? Or is it now Malig Jakobdin and Draccorin

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Isn't it still pretty good? Or is it now Malig Jakobdin and Draccorin

Imo it's just "other options are stronger, butler is way more convenient to use in 8/9, 1st shop frenship/partner seals have less competition"

Also yes early trample 1st birdservant is really dumb.

Edited by joshcja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Joined the Conquest club today. This thread is a wonderful backlog of information and thanks to all who have posted in it.

Shoutouts to Ninja Silas for soloing the bottom room of Chapter 26 (listed as 269 kills in the credits... dude put in work), and apologies to all the staffbots I sacced over the course of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks man. Reclassed him to Wyvern Lord for the 19-21 stretch from Camilla marriage (when 60% of your team flies those maps aren't too bad, having like three Wyvern Lords that can use Beast Killer is cool for 19), sent him to Hero for Chapter 22 to grab Strong Riposte + Sol then Master Ninja for the rest of the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Dean said:

Joined the Conquest club today. This thread is a wonderful backlog of information and thanks to all who have posted in it.

Shoutouts to Ninja Silas for soloing the bottom room of Chapter 26 (listed as 269 kills in the credits... dude put in work), and apologies to all the staffbots I sacced over the course of the game.

Well played and congrats. Glad to see Niles doing gods work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2017 at 10:04 AM, joshcja said:

Well played and congrats. Glad to see Niles doing gods work.

Heh... (one of them was Felicia).

 

Is +Mag Wyvern Rider still a popular Corrin build? There's a lot to like (single-hit damage output + flight + bulk + passes good class to spouse + Swordbreaker cheese for Chapter 25 + I really like Savage Blow) but found speed often lacking. I guess it's not a huge issue since Corrin's best role is probably pair-up bot past a certain point.

Maybe I'll snag Darting Blow off Azura next time (Chapter 15 is basically free support points for them).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Dean said:

Heh... (one of them was Felicia).

 

Is +Mag Wyvern Rider still a popular Corrin build? There's a lot to like (single-hit damage output + flight + bulk + passes good class to spouse + Swordbreaker cheese for Chapter 25 + I really like Savage Blow) but found speed often lacking. I guess it's not a huge issue since Corrin's best role is probably pair-up bot past a certain point.

Maybe I'll snag Darting Blow off Azura next time (Chapter 15 is basically free support points for them).

Felecia? So gods work then.

Magik!Cornkob is strong as you get 3 early tramples (2 of these are useful long term and it's not kana.). It's absolutely a top tier talent and +mag/+hp are the only boons worth considering, but if you're doing it for an early bolt axe just burn the ch7 seal on Elise, you only get one early bolt anyways and she's the premier user.

(Edit: This post intentionally ignores turncount runs)

That said I don't think yatoless MU's have ever been popular as the community still has not abandoned the notion that the yato is a good weapon rather than a glorified statstick.

Edited by joshcja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

generally go kid-less (one of my buddies said I couldn't beat Lunatic without DLC or kids so I had to try that.) but +10 damage Dwyer is hilarious (shame he's another Heart Seal hog).

 

And you're right that both Elise and Camilla are excellent with Bolt Axe already. Maybe I'll try +Str Wyvern Lord, keeps most of the benefits of Malig build with less Bolt Axe focus. None of the other talents particularly enthuse me.

 

I checked and my Corrin was a bit speed-screwed (three below the 20/20 average) which explains why she wasn't hitting benchmarks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, joshcja said:

 

That said I don't think yatoless MU's have ever been popular as the community still has not abandoned the notion that the yato is a good weapon rather than a glorified statstick.

Very high might, a dodge bonus and dragon skin piercing are hardly things to sneeze at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

Very high might, a dodge bonus and dragon skin piercing are hardly things to sneeze at.

In the Yato's final form it's basicly worse than a silver axe/+2 steel axe in every way outside of the irrelevant DS pierce, for two maps. For the rest of the game... it's a sword alright. Assuming there are more reliable, cheaper, and less build restrictive setups for killing the DS bosses (there are)...

It's a statstick.

-------------------------------------------------------------

(The Hoshido Yato is really the best of the lot. It's on par with a +1 Snake Spirit vs DS but it has way more build flexibility as no other braves exist in that path. So yes, If you didn't roll DM!MU the Yato matters in BR.)

Edited by joshcja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, joshcja said:

In the Yato's final form it's basicly worse than a silver axe/+2 steel axe in every way outside of the irrelevant DS pierce, for two maps.

Except, you know, no garbage debuffs, no as penalty, and you get it for free letting you spend your money elsewhere.

Edited by Alastor15243

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alastor15243 said:

Except, you know, no garbage debuffs, no as penalty, and you get it for free letting you spend your money elsewhere.

+2 steel is free in CQ/Rev yo.

The Yato inflicts a pretty hefty debuff, wielding a 1-1 range sword wta slot weapon is extremely situational.

It's free, it's a good statstick,  and it's not actively bad as a sword past ch14 but there is no reason to actively build around this thing as 1-2, flight, skills, and class stats are all more powerful than an average mt 1-1 sword.

Edited by joshcja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/24/2017 at 11:01 PM, joshcja said:

Felecia? So gods work then.

Magik!Cornkob is strong as you get 3 early tramples (2 of these are useful long term and it's not kana.). It's absolutely a top tier talent and +mag/+hp are the only boons worth considering, but if you're doing it for an early bolt axe just burn the ch7 seal on Elise, you only get one early bolt anyways and she's the premier user.

(Edit: This post intentionally ignores turncount runs)

That said I don't think yatoless MU's have ever been popular as the community still has not abandoned the notion that the yato is a good weapon rather than a glorified statstick.

Uhh no

 

At least r/fe is worshipping Malig Corrin with Siegfried but better. yato is only deployed during last chapter with a quick Corrin Reclass to Dragonfang cheese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Uhh no

 

At least r/fe is worshipping Malig Corrin with Siegfried but better. yato is only deployed during last chapter with a quick Corrin Reclass to Dragonfang cheese

Oh finafuckinly. I'm ok with this, it's way better than the +str/ninja and +mag/cav fads.

(Yato clears are still bad and should feel bad)

Edited by joshcja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

currently doing lunatic conquest...

 

I didnt plan anything beforehand except the characters i wanted to use...

Now i understand i should have made a bit more planing... haha

I made my avatar ninja and that was actually a great move for the most part... later he start felling a lil and stop getting any points by leveling up so i re-classed him to dread fighter... i should have taken replicate but when i realized it, it was too late...

I just beat  chapter 25! Unfortunately i wasnt able to clear everyone.... i have wasted my entraps so there was no way for me to pass the hanzo path.. so i just beat kagero and then had my avatar kill ryoma...

 

People might find this controversial but this mode made me appreciate mila's turn wheel even more... there were so many instances that i almost beat a chapter and i was screwed by a lucky crit, missing attack or i forgot a unit on enemy's range (well if u play teh same chapter for 3 hours it happens ahah)

 

My biggest proud moment was my favorite chapter (the defend one, where camilla joins) not only i survived but if i had one more turn i would have eliminated every opponent!

MVP's of my party: velouria and ophelia (xander and my avatar going without saying)

Dead weight: sylas (he always sucks for me) and serena (but now i see i should have made her a bow knight instead of hero)

 

 

p.s i only cheated on one chapter: the eternal stairway... i made the 2 turns trick... i actually dont feel bad since the whole chapter on lunatic is a big nonsense...

Edited by Pegasus Knight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grats on beating C25. Good luck with the major hurdle that is Endgame. FYI, you can also mess up Saizo's side's trap with Freeze or Sing-Shelter abuse.

Mila's Turnwheel is no substitute for bronze/joke weapons. Both typically have the big +10 Dodge boost that negates crit chance entirely for something like 95% of enemies. Bronze has enough Hit that most units shouldn't have a miss chance when neutral or at advantage to an enemy. Joke weapons have stupid ridiculous Hit in a game that's starved for Hit, such that missing shouldn't even be a thing with them, unless you're facing breakers.

I don't see how a fast clear is cheating, unless you had to use something you don't normally get as a player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Grats on beating C25. Good luck with the major hurdle that is Endgame. FYI, you can also mess up Saizo's side's trap with Freeze or Sing-Shelter abuse.

Mila's Turnwheel is no substitute for bronze/joke weapons. Both typically have the big +10 Dodge boost that negates crit chance entirely for something like 95% of enemies. Bronze has enough Hit that most units shouldn't have a miss chance when neutral or at advantage to an enemy. Joke weapons have stupid ridiculous Hit in a game that's starved for Hit, such that missing shouldn't even be a thing with them, unless you're facing breakers.

I don't see how a fast clear is cheating, unless you had to use something you don't normally get as a player.

well i usually want to clear every enemy and bring as many people as the chapter allows... the faceless are endless but i count only the ones who give experience.... But it was too much for my army...

 

How many hours did u guys get to clear a chapter? ... it takes me hours to do! a lot of trials where i learn the enemy's movements, reinforcement times and where i should place my units, in the end everything is clear but it gets me quite the time to get there haha

 

But if i can go as far with my lil competitive FE knowledge everyone can do it... i think...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty slow and cautious with my approaches, so I usually take longer than the average person on any new map. I'd say probably 30 mins for small maps to 2 hours for larger maps. There's some exceptions like Fuga's Wild Ride taking me closer to over 3 and C25, C26 and Endgame taking multiple tries that probably accumulated about 5-6 hours for both research and execution for the first two and closer to 12 for Endgame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Pegasus Knight said:

Stuff

Gonna second freeze stave as a way to break saizo side and...99% of the game. Entrap isn't worth burning in 25 as you can just suicide captured lungeslaves in.

Heartseeker + atk stance gives a huge boost to hit and forged bronze axe/bow is value. Past that freeze/enfeeble are excelent fix my huge mistake buttons/die now buttons. In my recent pmu (that I really should update) I finished with 3 charges of freeze and 1 charge enfeeble as my only remaining not-heal staves after buying all-of-them. You can really spam that shit.

Silias is kinda busted if you abuse his personal and support tree, but cav tree is really bad late. Bow knight is extremely good in this game as is kinshi and Selena has both in her innate class set.

First clear varied, things like 7/11/18/99/22/28 were one and done in 10-15 mins but the more complicated maps took hours and I spent a few days figuring out quick and elegant full clears on 10/17/20/25 because those are really entertaining maps to linger on, getting a brute force clear took an hour at worst but I'm extremely reckless.

Ignore the left side in 26 staves cycle on a fixed 4 turn clock. Naga save your soul if you used rescue up early+ or lack pass in 28 with a first clear team. Grats on 25.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have a question.... 

I have noticed that even when i soft reset units still get the exact same points when level up.. is it a coincidence or the soft reset doesnt change that? its weird cause isnt the whole idea of RGN luck?

 

Also @joshcja i have seen u around the forum praising odin... i havent used him on this play through but i am interested in picking somewhat a different cast in my next (as much as conquest allows and obviously units like perry wont be touched ever) how you use him? i have seen people making him samurai or a mixed class like dark flier/dread fighter but most people say he is useless...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lunatic presets the level ups for units when you recruit them. Once they're permanent fixture of your army, their level ups will always be the same. The only way to reroll this is to reset on their join chapter, though that has limited feasibility. Note that this can be especially troublesome for Corrins whose stats are saved at the branch, as if you had a bad Corrin, you will continue to have a bad Corrin every time you start from there (on the other hand, this can also be abused with a Corrin you know has really good levels, if that's your thing).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pegasus Knight said:

Also @joshcja i have seen u around the forum praising odin... i havent used him on this play through but i am interested in picking somewhat a different cast in my next (as much as conquest allows and obviously units like perry wont be touched ever) how you use him? i have seen people making him samurai or a mixed class like dark flier/dread fighter but most people say he is useless...

Those people are fuckin mouthbreathers. Here's the deep, complex, hidden Odin meta...

Step1: Buy nos

Step2: Equip nos

Step3: Win game

You can dip samurai/moa for the obviously useful skills (vantage, LaD).

Use tonics.

Edited by joshcja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.