The Lunatic Club [Fates]

Jedi

Yeah, you're right. I tried being aggressive based on your advice, and for once I had the chance to make progress. I just feel like my team is a tad weak though, because when I try to push out I get clobbered. Also I'm not good, but that's a separate issue for now. What's the solution? I'm restarting lol. But I will get back to chapter 10 and defeat it...mark my words. Oh, and I'll be restarting on chapter 6, which is perfectly legitimate since it's basically just an old save file I created. It shouldn't take that long to get back to Ch.10 gameplay-wise. The only thing that I know will take some time is figuring out a new team management strategy.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, expshare said:

That's some good information. It's surprisingly difficult to find team management guides. I used my first heart seal on Corrin, which probably isn't optimal. Now I can't use the dragonstone as a secondary weapon, but maybe the payoff lies later. Wyvern Elise does sound really cool...I should have gone with that lol. Maybe I'll try it yet.

I finally got around to playing some more.

Paralogue 1 - The only trick to this one is getting to Mozu before she is killed. There isn't much time to get to her, so go south as quickly as you are able to. Send one unit straight to her if necessary, as long as it can survive. After that it's just cleanup duty. Difficulty = (*)

Chapter 8 - It seemed very difficult to get to any of the villages in time other than the one that starts right next to your team, so I just played defensively. Defending against the waves of enemies was the hardest part of this chapter, but it could be done with the right setup. I turtled by the first village and set my units up around the choke-point below it. Axe users and mages came swarming through that choke point and I just made sure that my defensive unit was bulky overall and that my unit wouldn't kill everything in a single counterattack. Originally I had lost once or twice due to my counterattacks allowing the enemy units to keep swarming in and damaging my defensive unit. Anyway, once I had dismantled the swarms with choke-point micro I went ahead and went north then east, slowly luring and killing everything in my path. Unfortunately towards the end I blundered by putting Odin too close to an axe user that I thought was out of range, so he's dead now...my first death. I was going to sell his equipment and use him for pairing, but I just accepted his death and moved on so that I wouldn't have to reset yet again. I know this choice is a lost opportunity for my team budget, but overall he was probably the least important character for me and I had planned to bench him. That isn't to say that I don't recognize his potential, but just that I wasn't planning on investing in him for this playthrough. The boss itself was a pushover. I'm glad this chapter killed me a few times because it taught me how to properly micro a choke-point. Unfortunately I could only save one village. Saving villages would make this chapter more challenging, but just micro the spawn location choke-point until it's safe to pushout otherwise. Difficulty = (**)

Chapter 9 - I bought 4 HP tonics for my main fighters and 500 gold on heals just as a replenishment for Elise. I've built a Mess Hall, Dusk Armory, Staff Store, and a Prison so far. I've been building up supports and sending Jakob to the private quarters whenever I can. I tried Invasion 1 but was utterly destroyed, so I decided it would be better to go straight to Chapter 9. I paired Arthur with Silas for strength/speed, Effie with Corrin for strength/defense, Nyx with Elise for no real reason, and Mozu with Niles for skill/luck. Jakob and Azura were left unpaired. I used Azura to activate the dragon vein and my army broke the wall at the bottom entrance to the fortress. I let the enemy medic debuff me 4 times just so I wouldn't have to deal with the debuffs from it later on, then I let Corrin and Jakob inch forward to lure enemy units bit by bit. I gave Niles the kills whenever possible, followed by Silas or Jakob, and Corrin last if necessary. Once I lured the enemies near the boss a horde of reinforcements poured in through the stair locations. I didn't have enough brute force to take out the reinforcements in a single turn without losing someone the next turn, so I migrated my army to the rightmost area where I did more choke-point micro. After cleaning up the reinforcements I went ahead and cleaned up everything else with relative ease until only the boss was left. I tried to capture the boss with Niles, but unfortunately Corrin decided to pull out her dragon crit or whatever it is called, so she got the experience. Chapter 9 was mainly only difficult because one mistake meant a reset, but that's how it goes in classic mode. Difficulty = (**)

Now my team consists of Niles, Corrin, Silas, Jakob, Elise, and Azura, with the rest used for pair-ups (Arthur, Effie, Mozu, Nyx). Everyone in my main lineup so far is around level 10 - 13 other than Azura (level 3 or 4). So far so good, but I hear that Chapter 10 can be challenging. Before I begin that chapter I need to decide what to do with a heart seal I got from chapter 9 though. Making Elise into a Wyvern Rider sounds very cool, but I am debating it some because I like having a mounted healer, especially because I use Jakob a lot for support and offense (although he definitely does some healing work too). I would like to have about 1.5 healers, and Jakob counts as about half a healer, so that's where Elise as a Troubadour is quite nice, but more offense could be nice too. We'll see. I'm optimistic about chapter 10, and I'm expecting the difficulty to be three stars (***), which would be the first three star chapter since Chapter 5. It might be harder, but we'll see. I think my team is doing pretty well overall. 

Edit: Well, I gave Chapter 10 a few tries, and it's rough.. I'm not close to giving up yet, but I'm definitely going to have to learn something new to pass this chapter. I just find it difficult to defend so many different locations when my team is quite small if you subtract away the number of pairings. 

Chokes are near useless in lcq. Stack and play aggressively.

There's a lot of chapters that try to trick you into turtling. My initial struggles in lunatic were mostly due to having too many units paired up, not having certain skills by certaim benchmarks (*cough* shuriken breaker *cough*), and trying to level up too many units. Snagging gold on maps whenever you can also makes things easier. If you get the chest/objective gold from each map you'll have plenty for spamming tonics on your units (generally HP/STR/MAG/SPD, unless you're running wyvern!elise. She needs a skill tonic lol).

For ch.10 specifically, you want to essentially have a team/unit for the left/right upper sides, middle for pegknight kills, and lower right/left. Hitting those villages is crucial. Their loot is amazing. Silas is 10/10 for the chapter due to cav and VoF. I also like Arthur because justice and based class.

I'm starting over with a new battle plan this time. Corrin +Mag / -Luk Cavalier. The Dragonstone Beast. First I'll end-phase everything in sight with the dragonstone. After that it's Levin Leviathan time by switching to cavalier and equipping the levin sword. What about Jakob? He's a paladin chapter 7. Done. He's good to go. I also learned quite a few tricks that should make me an overall more competent player. I learned how to make my army more mobile by efficiently using pairing and separating. I am becoming a lot more familiar with all the combat mechanics. I'm also seeing how valuable being aggressive is. I think I will also be able to get 10000 gold Chapter 8 this time around, although that'll have to be for tomorrow. 

Edited by expshare

8 hours ago, expshare said:

I'm starting over with a new battle plan this time. Corrin +Mag / -Luk Cavalier. The Dragonstone Beast. First I'll end-phase everything in sight with the dragonstone. After that it's Levin Leviathan time by switching to cavalier and equipping the levin sword. What about Jakob? He's a paladin chapter 7. Done. He's good to go. I also learned quite a few tricks that should make me an overall more competent player. I learned how to make my army more mobile by efficiently using pairing and separating. I am becoming a lot more familiar with all the combat mechanics. I'm also seeing how valuable being aggressive is. I think I will also be able to get 10000 gold Chapter 8 this time around, although that'll have to be for tomorrow. 

I've done paladin Jakob. It's pretty good. Malig knight is another great option, since it gives trample, +2 str, lunge, flight, and 1-2 range.

Heading West immediately is my go to strat for 8. I use Silas or Elise to hit the two villages before the lancer does. There are 2 DVs along the way west, so reinforcements/enemies already on the map can be slowed down while you head West. Don't be afraid to use freeze staff charges. They're fairly cheap and you get one from each shop upgrade.

Cav is great in the early game, but falls off a cliff mid/late game (unless you can use Siegfried). Shelter and Elbow Room are 12/10 skills, but everything else from stats to skills is pretty meh for Cav tree. Proc chance damage reduction sucks, Luna is ok but +dmg/+stats is way better, defender is meh, armored blow is bad. There's a fair number of shuriken/lance users in conquest, which is what makes axe/bow so good. Plus, they have the highest base damage with minimal hit loss when you consider weapon ranks.

I really like using +mag/-lck diviner. This route can lead you to god tier Ophelia/Odin, or just a plain amazing 1-2 Corrin with decent other casters to help out. Ophelia's paralogue is the best. It has so many goodies. Otherwise you're stuck with only Leo for good tome use, if you don't force feed Odin xp and/or run a mage Corrin. Leo is an amazing prepromote. All the prepromotes in Conquest are amazing. Even Gunter hits hard, has shelter, and can be a utility bot with a heart seal to Wyvern Lord.

Edited by Centh

3 hours ago, expshare said:

The brave and the bold, man. Playing on Lunatic as your first Conquest experience is commendable. It took me about half a year before trying a serious campaign on Lunatic, and I only played it until Ch 16-18 (I realised that I had more fun on Hard and, well, I may not be that good for Lunatic.)

About Corrin +Mag -Luck, which is the build I choose the most, when are you planning to class-change?
I my experience (on Hard), by Ch 15 Nohr Noble Corrin (L19/1) has a bit over 20 Mag, by Ch 20 she has around 25 Mag; and by Ch 24, around 30 Mag (these are my usual statistics; I did not check the table of averages.) Thus, with a higher magic growth, a forged Thunder hits as hard or harder than the Levin Sword and lets you trigger Dragon Fang and critical hits.

I am not saying that Corrin should be a Norh Noble, but since she is already +Mag and Cavalier has a lower magic growth, if you want a mounted class, she might as well be a Dark Night and use tomes (and still access the Levin Sword, but it might be redundant.) Elbow Room and Shelter are great, though.

I prefer Nohr Noble because of the high Speed and Magic (both around or above 30 by the late chapters), and the access to the Dragon Stone bonuses when needed to hold a position. Yet, I also marry Corrin to Odin and recruit Ophelia for a crazy magic trio (quartet if you count Elise later on), and other users might prefer fewer magic units.

Good luck, mate. I will be following your campaign.

10 hours ago, expshare said:

Corrin and Jakob both have free access to the cav line via A(+) supports. There is no reason to ever heart seal cav early unless you want Eroom+Shelter+other stack skill early on Jakob and Dwyer. Even then Cornbread eskews cav talent.

Edited by joshcja

Lots of good ideas. Yeah, I probably should have used a partner seal on Jakob or chosen a different class for Corrin. I don't plan on making her a cavalier until I'm ready to. Unfortunately it's too late now for super magic elite team strats, but I still think things will go pretty well.

Quick vent...I killed everything in Chapter 8 except the boss twice, each time with 3 villages secured using the rush left method. Unfortunately RNG killed me once I faced the boss twice now. Very frustrating, especially considering the RNG was pretty bad toward me...lots of low probability misses lead to my death. Sigh...time to do this yet again. I'm starting to get bored of this chapter lol.

36 minutes ago, expshare said:

Lots of good ideas. Yeah, I probably should have used a partner seal on Jakob or chosen a different class for Corrin. I don't plan on making her a cavalier until I'm ready to. Unfortunately it's too late now for super magic elite team strats, but I still think things will go pretty well.

Quick vent...I killed everything in Chapter 8 except the boss twice, each time with 3 villages secured using the rush left method. Unfortunately RNG killed me once I faced the boss twice now. Very frustrating, especially considering the RNG was pretty bad toward me...lots of low probability misses lead to my death. Sigh...time to do this yet again. I'm starting to get bored of this chapter lol.

I usually completely ignore the north and east of the map. Some of the units come after you, so those die, but the rest I leave there. I immediately head West hard on turn 1. Hitting those villages is the #1 goal, along with getting some kills for whoever you want to level (Odin wants like 2-3 levels on this map, if you're going to use him). Stay out of freeze range from Flora, use the DVs to stop the enemy from getting to you in the early turns, kill the south west mages fast and early (Butler Jakob can kill all of them with Arthur in his backpack, Odin can kill them with tonics and Niles backpack, Niles can straight up kill them iirc). This is part of why I don't like heart sealing Jakob. He has great physical stats in a class that does crazy well with said stats. Strong 1-2 hidden weapon with some def/res bulk, 6 move, staves, and SPD pairup bonus is so so good early. Silas can fill the role of cav early on. He needs some xp advancement to stay good since his growths and base stats are so average. He is definitely one of, if not the best, physical unit in the game since he can reclass into so many things. He can grab stat/dmg stack skills from so many trees to always be relevant.

Right, the boss. Joshcja has mentioned this in the past, but it's worth noting again. The boss is a peak into what Odin can become. Odin's base is dark mage but heart seals to samurai, giving him access to vantage. The Nos tome is still very very strong in this game and Odin has amazing bulk once you get him going. ANYWHO, my usual strat for the boss of ch.8 is Silas with VoF active and Arthur backpack + tonics (HP/STR/SPD are my go tos). With a lance he hits consistently and hard. Kills boss on either EP or PP, since he'll be hitting the boss so hard and can take a hit. Another side note for Butler Jakob is he can weaken the boss for Silas to melt. The debuff from the dagger ends up being really handy when you're off by like 3 dmg for a kill on another character.

Edited by Centh

Alright, did it. Ignoring north/east is good. Turns out my Jakob can kill mages in 1 round without taking more than like 2 damage, so he's another super mage killer alongside Niles/Odin.

Chapter 6, 7, 7.5 - All as easy as ever.

Chapter 8 - I rushed left fast, just as suggested. I used one freeze to delay the enemy because it makes life a lot easier. With that one freeze I was easily able to save three villages, and the rest was pretty straightforward. I equipped Niles with Odin, resulting in Niles being almost impervious to mages while being able to kill mages in one round. I killed all the enemies on the map just for experience points and then went to the boss. This time I was smarter about fighting the boss and used Jakob to weaken him, because Jakob can double with Arthur equipped and Jakob has insane resistance for some reason. Jakob instantly brought the boss to 2 health, and then Niles (barely) finished the boss off. Hooray. In the past I tried to rush north AND west to save three villages, and that was a lot more difficult to pull off. I even tried the trick on a separate playthrough with Wyvern Corrin putting Elise in range of the northern village before it can be captured. The only problem was that I wasn't a huge fan of Wyvern Corrin.

Difficulty = (**) if you ignore the villages

Difficulty = (**) if you go left fast and save 3 villages (I did this one)

Difficulty = (*) if you use Wyvern Corrin trick with Elise

So far Corrin and Jakob are absolute beasts, Silas and Niles are good, Arthur and Effie are useful, Odin is for pair-bonuses, Mozu pairs with Arthur well to increase his luck and skill by 3 each, and Elise has done her job well. I already know that Chapter 9 is going to be straightforward, so after that I'll be back at Chapter 10.

Boom! You didn't even need advice. Niles is an mvp. Outlaw is a crazy useful class. Lockpick, high res/spd, bows, +1 move, and second tier choices of awesomeness.

Side note: the times I've mentioned getting the village with Elise, I'm thinking wyvern Elise. It's still possible with the freeze staff, but she can't take a hit. If you just stand on the Western most village, that lancer just keeps on moving south to the southwest village, if you haven't visited it yet. If the villages have been visited, they attack your units.

Edited by Centh

Anyone have opinions on who to marry / which kids to train? I can make Corrin/Jakob have S support right now, but I'm not jumping the bullet on it yet. My Corrin is +Mag/-Luk Nohr Princess, with Cavalier as a secondary.

Invasion 1 - This was actually quite a bit of fun. I spammed all my buildings and terrain around Lilith / the middle area. Then I placed Corrin/Jakob on the throne, and formed a hunting squad of Niles/Effie, Silas/Arthur, and Elise. The hunting squad's job was to stall the boss unit as much as possible while Corrin/Jakob cleaned up everything else by the throne. Once Corrin had killed everyone she went ahead and left the throne to smite the boss and the boss's pathetic silver sword. The only sad part is that I used my remaining freezes (3). It's definitely possible without using freeze, but it's too late now because I saved over the file lol. Oh well. If it wasn't for the boss unit you could just tank everyone with Corrin/Jakob on the throne, but the boss has lunge which complicates things, and the boss is also stronger than anyone on my team other than Corrin I think.

I still have Ch.9 next.

Edit: Niles says to me, "Ah, Leviathan... Just the person I was looking for. Heh, heh..." (my character's name is Leviathan)

Edited by expshare

14 hours ago, expshare said:

Anyone have opinions on who to marry / which kids to train? I can make Corrin/Jakob have S support right now, but I'm not jumping the bullet on it yet. My Corrin is +Mag/-Luk Nohr Princess, with Cavalier as a secondary.

Do you already have a team in mind? Since there Experience spread is tighter in Conquest, I think that you should focus on units which can be recruited relatively soon. For example, I like Velouria as Camilla's daughter, but she would only be available around Ch 20 at earliest.

From the early children which I usually use:

Ophelia is the best spell caster (specially with a +Mag Corrin mother), and even if you do not user her (or her dad), her Paralogue grants great, unique rewards: the Horse Spirit scroll (+3 to Skill, Speed, Defence and Resistance when equipped; yes, it is that broken), the Calamity Gale scroll (the reverse spell, effective against lances and shurikens), a Bolt tome (attacks twice per turn) and a +2 Magic item.

Sophie has great Strenght, Skill, Speed and decent Resistance, but only a bit over 20 Defence by Endgame. She shares the same class tree as her dad.
Her Paralogue gives you a Partner Seal and an Energy Drop (or some other +2 item, cannot remember.) You can capture Nichol here, but I have never used him.

If Effie and Arthur are not taken, and even if you do not plan to use them in the long term, recruiting their son gives you around 9,000 G, and this Paralogue can be unlocked really fast. I have never used Percy himself, even though he has decent statistics.

I have only tried Nina as a physical unit (Bow Knight as Effie's or Mozu's daughter, and Wyvern Lord as Camilla's), and she always had great Strength, Speed and Resistance, but relatively low Defence and HP. Her Paralogue gives your a Shining Bow, a Partner Seal and 3,000 G.

I have never bothered to use Kanna, but his Paralogue is basically free Experience. Like when you need some kills to earn one or two levels, or get some skills, before facing a tougher/ tricker chapter, like Ch 17, 19 or 21.

Wow, great info. When you put it that way, it already seems clear what I should do. I should basically prioritize which children I get based on what their paralogue chapters have to offer. Besides, it just happens to be that two pretty strong children (Ophelia and Sophie) happen to have pretty good paralogues. Energy drop is +2 strength I believe. That's what it was in like Fire Emblem 4 I think lol. Also that horse spirit item sounds like a must, wow.

Edited by expshare

Ophelia gets missletain (or w/e it's called) at the end as an exclusive tome too. Even if you don't use her, those rewards are huge. Weapons reversing WTA are amazing. Got a bunch of Swordmasters running at your axe user? Swap to dual axe and single handedly crush them. I like to call it the "RIPyoma Axe".

Some children have bad/impossible maps (Siegbert), some are really bad units (Kana), but some are great (Ophelia/Sophie) or give gold/items (Percy/Ophelia). The fact they give you a chapter of xp is worth it, even if you don't consider the items/seals/gold/unit you get. Kana exists to provide an easy chapter for class change skill collection lol

2 hours ago, starburst said:

Do you already have a team in mind? Since there Experience spread is tighter in Conquest, I think that you should focus on units which can be recruited relatively soon. For example, I like Velouria as Camilla's daughter, but she would only be available around Ch 20 at earliest.

From the early children which I usually use:

Ophelia is the best spell caster (specially with a +Mag Corrin mother), and even if you do not user her (or her dad), her Paralogue grants great, unique rewards: the Horse Spirit scroll (+3 to Skill, Speed, Defence and Resistance when equipped; yes, it is that broken), the Calamity Gale scroll (the reverse spell, effective against lances and shurikens), a Bolt tome (attacks twice per turn) and a +2 Magic item.

Sophie has great Strenght, Skill, Speed and decent Resistance, but only a bit over 20 Defence by Endgame. She shares the same class tree as her dad.
Her Paralogue gives you a Partner Seal and an Energy Drop (or some other +2 item, cannot remember.) You can capture Nichol here, but I have never used him.

If Effie and Arthur are not taken, and even if you do not plan to use them in the long term, recruiting their son gives you around 9,000 G, and this Paralogue can be unlocked really fast. I have never used Percy himself, even though he has decent statistics.

I have only tried Nina as a physical unit (Bow Knight as Effie's or Mozu's daughter, and Wyvern Lord as Camilla's), and she always had great Strength, Speed and Resistance, but relatively low Defence and HP. Her Paralogue gives your a Shining Bow, a Partner Seal and 3,000 G.

I have never bothered to use Kanna, but his Paralogue is basically free Experience. Like when you need some kills to earn one or two levels, or get some skills, before facing a tougher/ tricker chapter, like Ch 17, 19 or 21.

Nina with a shining bow is amazing

I beat Chapter 10, but I reset because Nyx, Effie died, and I missed the dracoshield. If I can just do what I did again, but better, then I should pass it successfully. It'll have to be later today though...taking a break. I think if I'm even more aggressive that I might do better. I'm going to try rushing for at least one of the boats.

Edited by expshare

1 hour ago, Centh said:

Ophelia gets missletain (or w/e it's called) at the end as an exclusive tome too. [...]

The fact they give you a chapter of xp is worth it, even if you don't consider the items/seals/gold/unit you get. Kana exists to provide an easy chapter for class change skill collection lol

I did not mention Missiletain because I was not sure if expshare wanted to use Ophelia. But, yes, a 9 might tome that grants +1 Skill and Resistance and +10 Crit to a crazy Crit machine is too good. As a Socerer, Ophelia basically has a +30 Crit just because.

And I agree that even if one does not use children, any Paralogue helps the main team with Experience points, gold and rewards.

1 hour ago, Centh said:

Nina with a shining bow is amazing

I know, right? Too bad that I have not tried her with a magical mother. I mean, Effie's and Mozu's magic growth is very low. At least Mozu passes down Aptitude.
However low Nina's magic growth is, the Shining Bow is so good that I let her equip it until a second Short Bow is available or the magical damage is negligible. And they even give you 1,000 G back.

Man...chapter 10 isn't a test of strength, it's a test of efficiency. If you can't clear enemies out fast enough you get overran. But it's so hard to be efficient enough for me at least. Niles will snipe like a dozen fliers (I use Azura) and both Camilla and Corrin basically are fire to the moths. The only problem is that there are so many enemy units that even when I think I'm killing them at a good rate, they suddenly overrun me in the last few turns. In order to beat the level I need to maximize my kill rate and have every unit doing as much damage per turn as possible. That's my assessment. As for my army, I send Dragonstone equipped Corrin/Odin with Elise (now a wyvern rider) south, and accelerate Corrin/Odin with Azura. I send Jakob, Effie, Arthur, Silas, Nyx  to the right. That part might need some changing, but I like the fact that they can deal with everything on the right very easily, and I always send them back to the left once they're done with the second wave. Niles and Azura stay in the middle to kill fliers together, and occasionally Azura will help someone else too. Beruka and Selena get sent to the left to clog the bridge, and I send Camilla back to reinforce the left later on. At this point my strategy has diverged...in some attempts I sent Corrin back left, and in other attempts I sent Corrin right and attempted to head for the ship. Neither strategy seemed to work, although for some reason going left with Corrin seemed to help more than sending her toward the ship.

So basically I just feel very spread thin. Is lunatic supposed to be this difficult or am I probably missing some key strategies that would create a lot more room for error? I feel like as far as small-scale battle tactics go I do just fine. I use aggressive pairing (adjacency) most of the time, except for Corrin who is a 19 Def power-tank with Odin equipped giving her +3 Mag. Also her luck is 15, and that's her "bad stat". She kills most enemies in one round with Elise by her side. 

A nearly impossible Siegbert mission sounds interesting...does it have any notoriety?

A few more notes on the above:

My team has +2 Def from a meal

Everyone has a tonic, and most of them have Def tonics although in light of recent revelations I'd change a lot of them to be offensive tonics instead. Niles gets a speed tonic so he can double fliers, as a "pseudo-accuracy" boost (better than a skill tonic would do). On top of this everyone also has vulneraries and Silas has a forged +1 iron sword. I just feel like my team is pretty strong for how much I'm getting owned lol. Or I just need to get good if it really is supposed to feel like swimming against a flood of enemy units that slowly pushes your army all the way back to the defense point.

I saw Shurikenbreaker mentioned and I'd like to chime in: In my opinion, Shurikenbreaker is a nice-to-have, but not a necessity. I had a Corrin-mothered Ophelia by chapter 11. When I accessed the ninja cave, She was promoted with the Calamity Gate. Ophelia with the Calamity Gate is literally all you need to faceroll that chapter on LCQ. 

I did love LCQ, I didn't feel like it was unfair in any way until fucking Iago's chapter. When Chapter 26 is the first lunatic chapter where you are calling bullshit, I'd say thats some pretty solid difficulty balancing. 

1 minute ago, Mandokarla said:

I saw Shurikenbreaker mentioned and I'd like to chime in: In my opinion, Shurikenbreaker is a nice-to-have, but not a necessity. I had a Corrin-mothered Ophelia by chapter 11. When I accessed the ninja cave, She was promoted with the Calamity Gate. Ophelia with the Calamity Gate is literally all you need to faceroll that chapter on LCQ.

Since Shuriken Breaker is a L15 promoted skill, I think that they are most likely talking about Chapter 25 and not 17. But I agree that it is not necessary; I use Entrap, Freeze and bows in Ch 25.
And Calamity Gate is too good against ninjas that a fair part of Ch 17 is a level-up-chapter for Ophelia and Odin.

1 hour ago, expshare said:

As for my army, I send Dragonstone equipped Corrin/Odin with Elise (now a wyvern rider) south, and accelerate Corrin/Odin with Azura. I send Jakob, Effie, Arthur, Silas, Nyx  to the right. That part might need some changing, but I like the fact that they can deal with everything on the right very easily, and I always send them back to the left once they're done with the second wave. Niles and Azura stay in the middle to kill fliers together, and occasionally Azura will help someone else too. Beruka and Selena get sent to the left to clog the bridge, and I send Camilla back to reinforce the left later on. At this point my strategy has diverged...in some attempts I sent Corrin back left, and in other attempts I sent Corrin right and attempted to head for the ship. Neither strategy seemed to work, although for some reason going left with Corrin seemed to help more than sending her toward the ship.

You do basically what I do too. I think that you need more timing than power.

For example, Dragon Corrin and Odin can deal with Oboro (in two phases) and all Onis indefinitely, but they will not be able to stop the paired Sky Knights (with high Resistance) that appear last. That is when you need to retreat, hit them with the ballista (or your second archer) and then kill them one by one. The Onis hurt, but they cannot 'win' the chapter, the pesky fliers do.

Beruka and Selena are good on the left, but they do not need to engage in battle before the water is drained. Until then, your best weapon against the Oni gangs is the mage on the magic turret (Nyx, most likely.) And two turns after the Onis reach them, the girls need to be helped by Silas or Camilla or both.

Camilla only needs one Vulnerary and any pair-up to prevent double attacks. It does not matter who the pair-up is because she does not care about the bonuses. But I usually pair her up with her suitor or Jakob (since I do not care about the prick and he is a useless bencher otherwise.) A bonus if you give her Arthur's Hand Axe.
I make her kill the fliers from right to left, then make her lure the lancers to the house next to the centre ballista, and then help Beruka and Selena in the north-west. Oh!, equip the Dual Club and let Hinata suicide on Camilla, just because, even if he is not a threat. He is just fucking annoying and deserves to die every time.

I would send Effie with a javelin, PV and Skill tonics with Arthur to deal with the archers on the right. They all have weapon triangle advantage over Effie and her skill is shaky, but she can take hits and kill any of them in two hits.

Check Azura's Speed, yes, her Speed. The stupid fliers cannot kill her in one hit, but they will do if they can double her. And many of those fliers have that +5 Speed skill. If she can take a hit, it is actually good for you because the fliers will stop to hit her, giving you more time.

On the last turns, hold the last Oni wave on the west and hold the fliers advance on the east. Ignore the centre, no one has enough mobility to 'win'.

Edited by starburst