Jedi

The Lunatic Club [Fates]

Ch.10 is there to teach you to play offensively. Think "outside the box". The box literally being the starting zone. Most of the units are fairly weak, so go slaughter them. Silas with VoF active, DK nyx, Jacob/Felicia/Corrin, Camilla. Beruka, Camilla, and Selena can take the archers on the right when they arrive. Or leave Arthur in range for Selena to get to the bastila. She with Arthur can double and kill everything on that side

Yeah, you're right. I tried being aggressive based on your advice, and for once I had the chance to make progress. I just feel like my team is a tad weak though, because when I try to push out I get clobbered. Also I'm not good, but that's a separate issue for now. What's the solution? I'm restarting lol. But I will get back to chapter 10 and defeat it...mark my words. Oh, and I'll be restarting on chapter 6, which is perfectly legitimate since it's basically just an old save file I created. It shouldn't take that long to get back to Ch.10 gameplay-wise. The only thing that I know will take some time is figuring out a new team management strategy.

19 hours ago, expshare said:

That's some good information. It's surprisingly difficult to find team management guides. I used my first heart seal on Corrin, which probably isn't optimal. Now I can't use the dragonstone as a secondary weapon, but maybe the payoff lies later. Wyvern Elise does sound really cool...I should have gone with that lol. Maybe I'll try it yet.

I finally got around to playing some more.

Paralogue 1 - The only trick to this one is getting to Mozu before she is killed. There isn't much time to get to her, so go south as quickly as you are able to. Send one unit straight to her if necessary, as long as it can survive. After that it's just cleanup duty. Difficulty = (*)

Chapter 8 - It seemed very difficult to get to any of the villages in time other than the one that starts right next to your team, so I just played defensively. Defending against the waves of enemies was the hardest part of this chapter, but it could be done with the right setup. I turtled by the first village and set my units up around the choke-point below it. Axe users and mages came swarming through that choke point and I just made sure that my defensive unit was bulky overall and that my unit wouldn't kill everything in a single counterattack. Originally I had lost once or twice due to my counterattacks allowing the enemy units to keep swarming in and damaging my defensive unit. Anyway, once I had dismantled the swarms with choke-point micro I went ahead and went north then east, slowly luring and killing everything in my path. Unfortunately towards the end I blundered by putting Odin too close to an axe user that I thought was out of range, so he's dead now...my first death. I was going to sell his equipment and use him for pairing, but I just accepted his death and moved on so that I wouldn't have to reset yet again. I know this choice is a lost opportunity for my team budget, but overall he was probably the least important character for me and I had planned to bench him. That isn't to say that I don't recognize his potential, but just that I wasn't planning on investing in him for this playthrough. The boss itself was a pushover. I'm glad this chapter killed me a few times because it taught me how to properly micro a choke-point. Unfortunately I could only save one village. Saving villages would make this chapter more challenging, but just micro the spawn location choke-point until it's safe to pushout otherwise. Difficulty = (**)

Chapter 9 - I bought 4 HP tonics for my main fighters and 500 gold on heals just as a replenishment for Elise. I've built a Mess Hall, Dusk Armory, Staff Store, and a Prison so far. I've been building up supports and sending Jakob to the private quarters whenever I can. I tried Invasion 1 but was utterly destroyed, so I decided it would be better to go straight to Chapter 9. I paired Arthur with Silas for strength/speed, Effie with Corrin for strength/defense, Nyx with Elise for no real reason, and Mozu with Niles for skill/luck. Jakob and Azura were left unpaired. I used Azura to activate the dragon vein and my army broke the wall at the bottom entrance to the fortress. I let the enemy medic debuff me 4 times just so I wouldn't have to deal with the debuffs from it later on, then I let Corrin and Jakob inch forward to lure enemy units bit by bit. I gave Niles the kills whenever possible, followed by Silas or Jakob, and Corrin last if necessary. Once I lured the enemies near the boss a horde of reinforcements poured in through the stair locations. I didn't have enough brute force to take out the reinforcements in a single turn without losing someone the next turn, so I migrated my army to the rightmost area where I did more choke-point micro. After cleaning up the reinforcements I went ahead and cleaned up everything else with relative ease until only the boss was left. I tried to capture the boss with Niles, but unfortunately Corrin decided to pull out her dragon crit or whatever it is called, so she got the experience. Chapter 9 was mainly only difficult because one mistake meant a reset, but that's how it goes in classic mode. Difficulty = (**)

Now my team consists of Niles, Corrin, Silas, Jakob, Elise, and Azura, with the rest used for pair-ups (Arthur, Effie, Mozu, Nyx). Everyone in my main lineup so far is around level 10 - 13 other than Azura (level 3 or 4). So far so good, but I hear that Chapter 10 can be challenging. Before I begin that chapter I need to decide what to do with a heart seal I got from chapter 9 though. Making Elise into a Wyvern Rider sounds very cool, but I am debating it some because I like having a mounted healer, especially because I use Jakob a lot for support and offense (although he definitely does some healing work too). I would like to have about 1.5 healers, and Jakob counts as about half a healer, so that's where Elise as a Troubadour is quite nice, but more offense could be nice too. We'll see. I'm optimistic about chapter 10, and I'm expecting the difficulty to be three stars (***), which would be the first three star chapter since Chapter 5. It might be harder, but we'll see. I think my team is doing pretty well overall. 

Edit: Well, I gave Chapter 10 a few tries, and it's rough.. I'm not close to giving up yet, but I'm definitely going to have to learn something new to pass this chapter. I just find it difficult to defend so many different locations when my team is quite small if you subtract away the number of pairings. 

Chokes are near useless in lcq. Stack and play aggressively.

There's a lot of chapters that try to trick you into turtling. My initial struggles in lunatic were mostly due to having too many units paired up, not having certain skills by certaim benchmarks (*cough* shuriken breaker *cough*), and trying to level up too many units. Snagging gold on maps whenever you can also makes things easier. If you get the chest/objective gold from each map you'll have plenty for spamming tonics on your units (generally HP/STR/MAG/SPD, unless you're running wyvern!elise. She needs a skill tonic lol).

For ch.10 specifically, you want to essentially have a team/unit for the left/right upper sides, middle for pegknight kills, and lower right/left. Hitting those villages is crucial. Their loot is amazing. Silas is 10/10 for the chapter due to cav and VoF. I also like Arthur because justice and based class.

I'm starting over with a new battle plan this time. Corrin +Mag / -Luk Cavalier. The Dragonstone Beast. First I'll end-phase everything in sight with the dragonstone. After that it's Levin Leviathan time by switching to cavalier and equipping the levin sword. What about Jakob? He's a paladin chapter 7. Done. He's good to go. I also learned quite a few tricks that should make me an overall more competent player. I learned how to make my army more mobile by efficiently using pairing and separating. I am becoming a lot more familiar with all the combat mechanics. I'm also seeing how valuable being aggressive is. I think I will also be able to get 10000 gold Chapter 8 this time around, although that'll have to be for tomorrow. 

Edited by expshare