Roy Amiibo

Salterino

Right now, the only officially confirmed functionality of the Roy Amiibo, aside from Smash Bros, are those generic functions that work with any Amiibo, like getting items in Hyrule Warriors. If they're planning to add any compatibility patch to Fates, I'd expect we'll see it announced in this upcoming Direct.

Edited by NeonZ

Right now Roy doesn't even have a release date for Japan, I wouldn't expect any Roy updates until his Japanese release.

I thought he got a release date today? At least, it seemed like it from the Direct I was watching. I can't remember off the top of my head, but it was sometime soon in March, pretty sure.

EDIT: Cant seem to find it. Damn I was so sure I saw something. Maybe I'm crazy.

Edited by nordopolica

I doubt they're gonna patch Roy in, personally. They'd have to create new character portraits and hire on voice actors just for a small feature that only a few people will use.

They made Marth, Ike, Lucina, and Robin because the amiibos were already out, and they could just recycle Robin and Lucina's portraits and voice samples, so they only needed to make Marth and Ike from scratch.