Shadowban?

Zak Something

Partially true...for me at least. Awakening was very bad via inheritance and reclassing power since that was critically overpowered and made the game's difficulty get cut in half even on Lunatic and Lunatic+. Other than that, Awakening was easily quite a bit easier and less challenging than Fates.

Awakening's inheritance was actually interesting. People who had no interest in min/maxing were just as capable of playing it as they would fates. However fates saw the need to remove the option for those who did enjoy it by dumbing it down so that no one would be sad that their "ship" wasn't the best. If you're not grinding it's very difficult to take advantage of the inheritance in awakening so I don't see that as a legitimate argument about the main game. You can break fates much faster than awakening using mycastle, so one could argue it's even easier than Awakening.

Well, unit planning DOES affect the classes you get, so that's still important for what you want your endclass to be.

Except planning classes becomes super simple and dumbed down because

1) you don't have to worry about skill access at all

2) you have unidirectional a+ relationships

3) You need not worry that parents pair well in battle because of the mechanics changes to dual attack/dual guard and the overall decrease in importance of s rank support bonuses compared to awakening.

4) same as #3 except for child s ranks, no need to worry that the units can work well together on the field in pairup, simply pass the classes you want.

Edited by ckc22

Awakening's inheritance was actually interesting. People who had no interest in min/maxing were just as capable of playing it as they would fates. However fates saw the need to remove the option for those who did enjoy it by dumbing it down so that no one would be sad that their "ship" wasn't the best. If you're not grinding it's very difficult to take advantage of the inheritance in awakening so I don't see that as a legitimate argument about the main game. You can break fates much faster than awakening using mycastle, so one could argue it's even easier than Awakening.

Except planning classes becomes super simple and dumbed down because

1) you don't have to worry about skill access at all

2) you have unidirectional a+ relationships

3) You need not worry that parents pair well in battle because of the mechanics changes to dual attack/dual guard and the overall decrease in importance of s rank support bonuses compared to awakening.

4) same as #3 except for child s ranks, no need to worry that the units can work well together on the field in pairup, simply pass the classes you want.

First point is well defined. Bar that you don't really need to grind to get good units as you can always take time to get them good skills and stats. I did that on my Lunatic/Casual run although it was very complicated (seeing enemies with Hawkeye and Luna+ made me flinch every time). Second point is ok, skill access is still restricted as characters still need to know the skills that you want before you can buy them. Otherwise I can agree with you here.

If you are using a JP version of the game then I can't really give any descriptive argument or opinion as I use the NA

You can transfer saves between JP and NA, I was talking about in NA.

From what I've heard so far: Shadowbanned = Online Banning when you try to battle other Streetpass Teams, not when they battle your Streetpass Team in which you can't even battle them or enter their My Castle since you or the other person have units that have skills or are in a class that can't be accessible (enemy only skills) or aren't compatible yet (unreleased classes). Shadowbanned doesn't apply when you do random challenges (not streetpass) I would assume and if that's why you aren't shadowbanned, then ok. I won't complain about male Maids and Female Butlers or whatever (topic on that is old for me).

*"DLC classes and non-special genderlocked classes should be fine, as well as classes before official release."

In my JP copy, however, I am shadow banned for hacking lilith into my team. Others cannot visit your castle and you cannot participate in online battles - but you can visit others' castles.

I don't get why you had to hack though unless you were trying to get every single character in Revelations (even those who are playable but are killed off for story purposes).

I'm not here to discuss whether or not hacking is ok

Edited by Blyvern

You can transfer saves between JP and NA, I was talking about in NA.

In my JP copy, however, I am shadow banned for hacking lilith into my team. Others cannot visit your castle and you cannot participate in online battles - but you can visit others' castles.

I'm not here to discuss whether or not hacking is ok

I can't remember when I saw the post but it looked like transfer save files between the JP and NA versions isn't easy. One of the reasons why I won't attempt to try doing it. Well, Lilith is a NPC...she would make a nice addition to the team roster as two other people commented on another thread. Isn't Shadowbanning a 'direct' response to a player that has 'hacked' into the game sooner or later? That is what my original key point is and I'm hoping if I'm proven wrong or correct. If Players get shadowbanned due to hacking, then trying to perform the impossible should be avoided such as getting things in the game that one normally has no access to.

By direct response, are you saying that the ban might be placed as a response of hacking X in, and that it is NOT a check? Because I'm not sure if that could work. Cause what you're saying doesn't seem to contradict anything I am?

Also transfering saves is very easy, you just need homebrew and SVDT.

http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

https://github.com/meladroit/svdt

Edited by Blyvern

By direct response, are you saying that the ban might be placed as a response of hacking X in, and that it is NOT a check? Because I'm not sure if that could work. Cause what you're saying doesn't seem to contradict anything I am?

Also transfering saves is very easy, you just need homebrew and SVDT.

http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

https://github.com/meladroit/svdt

That was what I was wondering about, if shadowbanning was a direct response like that. If it isn't, ok but the game should have more reasonable answers and ways to block off wi-fi battles (mostly wi-fi battles) involving Streetpass Teams that have 'hacked' in skills or classes.(both the skills and classes are enemy-only in this regard).

I don't use homebrew, never had and probably never will. Can't afford to get caught and get banned for trying something new (even if it ends up being fun).

I feel it's probably just a check but in the end it would accomplish the same thing.

EDIT:I reclassed Witch!ORochi into Swordmaster then back into Witch. I'm seriously doubting that it is a direct response to having something illegal, it's probably just a check before you use online that sets off a save in the global save or smth

Although that's just a hypothesis

Also AFAIKT knowing homebrew can't get you banned, although I don't know that much about hacking. As long as you use common sense, I doubt it would happen. But I get not wanting to use homebrew, yeah

Edited by Blyvern

I feel it's probably just a check but in the end it would accomplish the same thing.

EDIT:I reclassed Witch!ORochi into Swordmaster then back into Witch. I'm seriously doubting that it is a direct response to having something illegal, it's probably just a check before you use online that sets off a save in the global save or smth

Although that's just a hypothesis

Also AFAIKT knowing homebrew can't get you banned, although I don't know that much about hacking. As long as you use common sense, I doubt it would happen. But I get not wanting to use homebrew, yeah

The Witch Class isn't illegal, just not released yet around other regions. More decent checks to keep players safe would be nice with everything going out of control again, doubt it will happen.

Even if homebrew doesn't get people banned, I don't want to think about getting caught and banned just by using it and having any results of me using it show up on other players' screens. I thought about attempting to using it before but my mind kept telling me that it's not safe.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have izana/yukimura/scarlet in your revelations game, can you get shadowbanned?

can you also get shadowbanned for having a male kanna when your MU is male?

I don't know if Yukimura is playable in Revelations but I know Scarlet is accessible for 2 chapters.

You get Scarlet at the start of Chapter 16 but she leaves your party permanently at the start of Chapter 18 (since she gets killed), so the only logical reason I can think of for getting shadowbanned regarding her is if you have Scarlet in your unit roster (excluding your logbook if it has Scarlet in it) after Scarlet has died due to the story.

Izana isn't playable in Revelations since he dies in the chapter you save him. Only way to have Izana in Revelations is to get him via logbook or recruit him off another player's non-Revelations My Castle team (or recruiting him off a Revelation My Castle Team who got Izana by getting him from a non-Revelation game file).

You can't get Male Kana if your Avatar was male, this also means you can't get Female Kana if your Avatar was female. Getting shadowbanned? I'm not sure.

• 4 months later...

Obvious actions that get you shadowbanned sooner or later:

*Enemy-exclusive skills and classes and enemy-only weapons.

*Classes that are only unique to certain characters or genders:

-Nohrian Prince/Princess and Hoshido/Nohrian Noble are locked to Corrin and their child.

-Songstress is locked to Azura.

-Kitsune and Nine-Tails I think are locked to Kaiden and his daughter.

-These DLC classes are gender-locked to certain genders: Great Lord and Witch are female only, Lodestar, Grandmaster and Vanguard are male only.

-Placing skills on characters who can't even get them normally (even with reclassing with the proper supports) even if you were to buy them. Corrin is exceptional due to game mechanics but Corrin must first learn the skills from the classes that they have access to normally via reclassing.

*Having multiples of limited weapons/stones (Beaststone+ and Dragonstone+ as well as Beastrune and 'Dragonrune')/staves. There are some rare weapons that normally you can only get one of.

*Hacking to break the possible stat cap of your characters.

*Having classes or characters in a region (as the game is region locked so you can't do JP for NA) before the released date and time of said content. Yes, this means that NA users can't have Anna or the Witch Class (or any skills related to that class) as NA doesn't even have that DLC yet released. Them having such is 'hacking' even if they don't get shadowbanned at some point.

On the note, I do not hack because I would ruin other peoples days if I do so.

You can't 'delete' skills from characters, that was only in Path of Radiance and earlier installments.

*If you're going to want your units and try to avoid being shadowbanned just:

-Unequip Aptitude and use your skill slots for skills that Corrin can actually learn normally from reclassing and promoting

-If you're concerned about having characters that aren't released then don't place any of those characters on your streetpass team or any team you use in the game yet (since the game knows that said characters like Anna aren't released in Fates yet in NA).

-If you plan to put any units on Streetpass teams and any of them have skills that they can't learn at all without hacking, just remove those skills and replace them with skills that they can normally learn while reclassing, promoting, etc.

-Regarding classes that aren't even released, don't place any units who are in said unreleased classes on your streetpass teams as players will know that you hacked to do that. Additionally, don't place units who are in classes that their gender doesn't permit on your streetpass team as it's obvious that you hacked to do that as well.

-Don't use more than what you can obtain regarding weapons, stones, items and rods/staves. If you can only get a set amount of them in-game or a certain enhancement level, don't go any farther to get more of said items or better enhancements on weapons.

This is as much as I can give using advice, so I'm sorry for not being able to do much to help.

Based on this, I still can't decide if my thing is shadowbanned, or if it's someone else that's shadowbanned.

I'll fully admit to this: I absolutely can't stand exclusive skill crap. Even if it's worthless on a character (for example, Xander using Beastbane), I still feel like they should be able to obtain it.

With that said, yes - I do have hacked skills. A LOT of hacked skills, but it's simply to have every skill on every character.

I have Beastbane on everyone except Mitama, Effie, Reina, Gunter, Shura, Fuga, and Flora. I have Aptitude on almost everyone, I have Dragon Fang on a few characters that can't get it, (Owain, for example) I have some of Azura's skills on a whole bunch of people, and so on.

However, the way my Corrin is set up right now, she only has "Rally" skills on her; things that can be obtained through normal gameplay. So, even though my Corrin DOES have hacked skills on the skill list, they aren't equipped.

If I unequip all of the hacked skills, can I go back to the castle I've been getting the skills from?

Being shadowbanned isn't going to stop me from trying to get all the skills on the characters. If I can't get the other impossible skills on them, then I'll just stick to normal ass gameplay.

I also have a Flora that I added to my roster with obvious hacked stats. But even with her there, for the longest time, I was able to visit castles. It's only recently that I haven't been able to visit a certain person's castle, which is BS, since I don't even use these hacked skills to mess with anyone.

I know Intelligent Systems/Nintendo can't tell that I have zero intention of not using those skills against other players, but surely wanting the simple task of "All skills," can't be too bad, right?

So, what is it? Am I shadowbanned, or is the person I'm visiting shadowbanned?