What is up with the Lodestar class?

XenoJolt

I'm playing Conquest (hard/classic, if it matters) and I wanna try my hand at planning ahead. Is the Lodestar class viable? I know Xander benefits from it quite a bit, but would it be acceptable to not change him into another class?

I class changed Xander into a Lodestar right before the Kitsune Chapter, and imo its great for him because he can still take full advantage of Siegfried while also making him faster. Dancing Blade's +3 speed is incredible for a tank like Xander who has the potential to double things, and its -1 Defense is outweighed by Siegfried's existance. Also Speedtaker is very good for him and should you get him to Lv40 he could sorta solo maps if he can get that +10 Speed from it.

His Defense gets even worse tho, but he hasn't had to deal with many Mages, fortunately.

I'd say grab Sol from Hero, then go Lodestar personally. Alternatively you could do what I did and buy Sol from a Castle and just go Lodestar outright. Sol + Xander's great Skill stat sorta outweigh his weakness to magic...sorta.

It's quite viable if you want the person to be able to equip S rank weapons and have better speed. Xander is great for this since it gives him extra speed which he needed.

I class changed Xander into a Lodestar right before the Kitsune Chapter, and imo its great for him because he can still take full advantage of Siegfried while also making him faster. Dancing Blade's +3 speed is incredible for a tank like Xander who has the potential to double things, and its -1 Defense is outweighed by Siegfried's existance. Also Speedtaker is very good for him and should you get him to Lv40 he could sorta solo maps if he can get that +10 Speed from it.

His Defense gets even worse tho, but he hasn't had to deal with many Mages, fortunately.

I'd say grab Sol from Hero, then go Lodestar personally. Alternatively you could do what I did and buy Sol from a Castle and just go Lodestar outright. Sol + Xander's great Skill stat sorta outweigh his weakness to magic...sorta.

Well, everything has it's flaws. That's the whole point of having an army! Ha ha! Is there any weapons that Xander could actually benefit from having an S rank in swords?

I'll definitely do that, thanks for the advice!

Well, everything has it's flaws. That's the whole point of having an army! Ha ha! Is there any weapons that Xander could actually benefit from having an S rank in swords?

I'll definitely do that, thanks for the advice!

There's only one S sword in the game, but for Xander to get it requires Revelations. But honestly, Siegfried is best for Xander.

There's only one S sword in the game, but for Xander to get it requires Revelations. But honestly, Siegfried is best for Xander.

Seriously? That's uh...extremely underwhelming. Is there any benefit to getting an S rank at all then? I was considering giving the Hero brand to someone that could benefit from S rank swords, but that idea got shot down instantly.

Unique weapons locked to characters shouldn't be weapon ranked since they will somehow end up better than any non-forged/smithe weapon that isn't +3 or higher. Siegfried and Raijinto are all that Xander and Ryoma need, helps migitate their common weakness (long-range attackers that can/can't attack up close and have Counter). Shame that only Yato, in-game gets a power buff since it's mentioned that Xander/Ryoma depending on Birthright/Conquest met the Rainbow Sage before you and your allies did (Xander I know was mentioned).

Seriously? That's uh...extremely underwhelming. Is there any benefit to getting an S rank at all then? I was considering giving the Hero brand to someone that could benefit from S rank swords, but that idea got shot down instantly.

Well in Conquest, you cant get a S-Rank Sword for anyone, so may as well make use of the passive increase to Atk and Crit it gives (iirc its like +3 Atk and +10% Crit).

Just having an S Rank will net you those bonuses. You could also buy Death Blow for Xander to make more use of his high crit rate (mine has like a 20-45% chance to crit on everything in Lunatic/Classic)