Best Boon, Bane, and Talent for Revelations?

SaMaster14

Hey guys... I just completed both Birthright and Conquest and I purchased Revelations!

I play Normal/Casual and I have a Male Corrin. Wondering the best boon/bane/talent.

In my other two games I went for Strong/Unlucky and did fine, but I'm wondering if others have superior luck with other boon/bane pairs.

Also, is Talent only a factor if you plan on using a Heart Seal, or does it also affect your stats in game? I'm thinking either Mage, Samurai or Ninja at this point, but if it's only for Heart Seal, than it most likely won't matter for me.

Thanks!

Talent is only for Heart Seal.

Thanks!

And actually, I think I'm going to go with Strong and Dull. I probably won't class change my character to a class that uses magic necessarily, so I don't think my magic stat will help much.

I guess I answered my own question...

Why not +Str/-Mag? What is a ninja going to need magic for?

The only thing I see Mag for on a Nina is the Flame Shuriken that can't crit or proc skills for said Ninja using it. Felicia has more use for that thing since her magic growth is higher than her strength growth. That and your main Ninjas in-game have low magic growths that make you wonder why they even have a magic stat.

The only thing I see Mag for on a Nina is the Flame Shuriken that can't crit or proc skills for said Ninja using it. Felicia has more use for that thing since her magic growth is higher than her strength growth. That and your main Ninjas in-game have low magic growths that make you wonder why they even have a magic stat.

Saizo says hi.

Saizo says hi.

Since when would Saizou, need to use a magical weapon? His strength stat is much better and his growths are better there. At least he has better Skill and Defense Growths than Kaze or is that just me when you get both of them to Lvl 20 as an Elite Ninja without having to use stat boosters on them.

I usually go +mag/-lck and Dark Mage because I like magic and Bowbreaker/Vengeance/Lifetaker combo, along with Draconic Hex. Ninja is probably the better option but Magic helps Dragon bites.

Edit: that helped me a lot in Conquest, though.

Edited by Quintessence

Why not +Str/-Mag? What is a ninja going to need magic for?

-Mag lowers speed not just Magic.

+Str/-Def

+Str/-Luck

+Mag/-Str

IMO

+Str/-Def gives you and extra defense statue from Kanna without really hampering your Avatar

+Str/-Luck gives you slightly 'better' stats for your avatar, but the extra luck statue doesn't do much for anybody.

+Mag/-Str gives you Magic viability, but takes away from Yato and Yato boosts strength so Str is generally not a good thing to neglect and Corrin is better on the Physical side because of Yato, but you get a strength and magic statue from this combo and you could use a Nohr Noble instead of the 'better' Hoshido Noble and make some use of your tome ability for use with Lighting.

Talent doesn't much matter considering how the avatar can gain classes from the other characters in Revelations so take a class you want early more less.

Edited by Dwlr

-Mag's speed deduction on Ninja is as good as nonexistent. It doesn't affect your speed base and the growth deduction's like 5% and you have a fuckton of speed does 60% vs 65% really matter that much it's like, 2 speed at 20/20 you're gonna double everything anyway

Since it's Revelation, pick your talent to help your spouse instead. Get your ninja off Saizo/Kaze or Kagero depending on who you play.

-Mag's speed deduction on Ninja is as good as nonexistent. It doesn't affect your speed base and the growth deduction's like 5% and you have a fuckton of speed does 60% vs 65% really matter that much it's like, 2 speed at 20/20 you're gonna double everything anyway

Since it's Revelation, pick your talent to help your spouse instead. Get your ninja off Saizo/Kaze or Kagero depending on who you play.

this is the best advice. Personally, I went Fighter because I've been planning for my Kana to marry Mitama. Choose a boon/bane that's good for your spouse and spouse's child, and make the class good for the spouse or Kana's spouse. That's what I always do, at least.

psst psst i love your posts thor your rinkah is god

notice me senpai chan

Edited by Pokechu

-Mag lowers speed not just Magic.

+Str/-Def

+Str/-Luck

+Mag/-Str

IMO

+Str/-Def gives you and extra defense statue from Kanna without really hampering your Avatar

+Str/-Luck gives you slightly 'better' stats for your avatar, but the extra luck statue doesn't do much for anybody.

+Mag/-Str gives you Magic viability, but takes away from Yato and Yato boosts strength so Str is generally not a good thing to neglect and Corrin is better on the Physical side because of Yato, but you get a strength and magic statue from this combo and you could use a Nohr Noble instead of the 'better' Hoshido Noble and make some use of your tome ability for use with Lighting.

Talent doesn't much matter considering how the avatar can gain classes from the other characters in Revelations so take a class you want early more less.

Not many units rely on magic unless it comes to tome-users (mixed attacker) or healers. Female Corrin has a ton of classes to choose from in Revelation, more than Male Corrin.

How many units need a high magic stat outside of healing? I lost count...

this is the best advice. Personally, I went Fighter because I've been planning for my Kana to marry Mitama. Choose a boon/bane that's good for your spouse and spouse's child, and make the class good for the spouse or Kana's spouse. That's what I always do, at least.

psst psst i love your posts thor your rinkah is god

notice me senpai chan

Haha

Glad you like my Rinkah I'm very proud of her

How many units need a high magic stat outside of healing? I lost count...

Not even the healers need that much mag, the staves do most of the work

Really, just the dedicated mages/magic weapon (Levin Sword, etc) users need mag. Or if you run Dragonstone I guess but Dragonstone's mediocre

HOWEVER Corn can run a fairly viable magic build so I wouldn't discount it, but only do it if you're going to really do something with magic. +Str ninja isnt really the build you're going flame shuriken for because you'll likely out-damage it with physical even on tanky units regardless---that's what +Str is for, but if you wanna do Diviner/Sorc or something, Mag is good there.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Haha

Glad you like my Rinkah I'm very proud of her

Not even the healers need that much mag, the staves do most of the work

Really, just the dedicated mages need mag. Or if you run Dragonstone I guess but Dragonstone's mediocre

I would rather avoid using Dragonstones because you can't crit or trigger skills with it equipped. Dark Knight and Malig Knight are the best mixed magical-physical attackers and you don't really need a boon of Magic to help you. Just need skill or speed if you worry about accuracy or need to avoid being doubled.

I don't like dragonstone either but some people like their corns in base class

or something

Well, don't dragonstones prevent you from any skills that rely on percentages? That's a risky gamble. Most of the time I use Samurai/Swordmaster or Mercenary/Hero for a secondary class since I'll want to defeat as many targets as possible before getting killed or I want to remain alive which being a Hero(ine) helps.

Vantage + Sol + Dragon Fang + Counter + (whatever that skill was that increases your skill activations by 10%) on Corrin does wonders for survival. It does for my Male Corrin since as a Swordmaster with +Spd/-Mag it doesn't backfire much. It still gives me some problems but most threats don't last long.

Well, don't dragonstones prevent you from any skills that rely on percentages? That's a risky gamble. Most of the time I use Samurai/Swordmaster or Mercenary/Hero for a secondary class since I'll want to defeat as many targets as possible before getting killed or I want to remain alive which being a Hero(ine) helps.

Vantage + Sol + Dragon Fang + Counter + (whatever that skill was that increases your skill activations by 10%) on Corrin does wonders for survival. It does for my Male Corrin since as a Swordmaster with +Spd/-Mag it doesn't backfire much. It still gives me some problems but most threats don't last long.

Does it? I've used Rend heaven and Dragon Fang as a dragon, and both of those are done off of percentages I think.

I'm the weirdo that went +Spd/-Res Oni Savage. Currently on Hard/Classic, and it's working. Somehow. Married Arthur because I wanted a full-on axe murderer in Percy. Probably should've done something like +Str/-Mag, but I couldn't resist being weird. Wouldn't recommend this for min/maxing.

Str+/Lck- Samurai. Since Str+ Corrin's speed isn't anything you could boast about, reclassing her to samurai and adding speed makes a really scary Corrin. Then reclass into Hoshido Noble after SwordFaire for the defense and you have a powerhouse Corrin. Ninja would probably work better for this but you'll probably see a more stronger Corrin than a faster one with this route.

Mag+/Lck- Diviner Corrin is great for magic Corrin too. Although you miss out on Yato bonuses unless you reclass into Dark Knight from A rank with leo, nyx, or odin. If you decide to go Dark Knight class you need someone with support bonuses that are heavily on speed like Adventurer, Elite Ninja, or Falcon Knight. Or you could go Spd+/Lck- for a more well rounded magic Corrin, as long as your pair-up bonuses increase magic, classes like Sorcerer, Strategist, and Onmyoji do well.

Edited by Aestury

I pretty much go +Spd/-Lck. Not sure if there are better ones around, especially since Boon and Bane can slightly affect the stat caps of your other units (if you're into grinding for character statues to erect in My Castle). Normally, I'd go +HP/-Lck until I found out that having the HP boon makes it so that your (Avatar's) character statue boost Strength, which isn't really needed on some units.

-Mag potentially hurts the growth of your non-Kana child. Corrin is usually good for mage/mixed children, but not as much with 15% growth. This can be important since all the 1-2 range magic weapons are available and might see significant use as they can double.

Talent can matter for Corrin herself, especially if you want to switch weapon types, because support takes time to build up.

+Mag/-Luck Cav is still nice, with Yato helping Spd unlike in Nohr, and you also have Bolt Nagi for triangle control now. +Spd/-Luck Ninja synergizes extremely well with Gunter’s early boosts (if Jakob is reclassed and fighting) and then the Yato bonuses.

I’ve been liking Wyvern lately, since flying is so great in Revelations and you can Horse Spirit+Bowbreaker (Dark Mage Friendship/Partner seal) lategame for tons of fun. +Spd is better early on and you can get Malefic Aura/Trample for damage later. But it’s more reliant on Bolt Axe mt, as Horse Spirit only has 4 mt. +Mag is more what I’ve been leaning toward, but the Spd earlygame is eh. There’s plenty of Spd pairs but you can’t use Gunter’s great bonuses as well.

Of the other good mages, it's kinda inefficient for Leo to do this role because he doesn't get Spd from Beruka, and Hayato can't easily get Wyvern (and not also Dark Mage anyway). Ophelia is a goddess, but I find it hard to find room for Arthur and therefore Percy in this route.

Edited by XeKr