I know the Roy amiibo question has been asked about a hundred times...

KFrosty

But is there ANY info on whether or not the Roy (and by extension Corrin) amiibo having functionality in this game? I have literally waited an entire month since the game released to play this game (which I already own, but haven't opened) just to get Roy as my first amiibo unit. He is one of my favorite characters in FE (Yes because of Smash, but still) and was the first DLC I bought in awakening, and was even one of my best characters in that game (Only behind my beastly children Inigo and Morgan).

So, long story short, I want to know, is there ANYTHING (now that we are a week away from his release) on whether or not if we will get to use the boy?

No news as of yet. Sadly. I don't know if he'll be compatible on release date, but I can see them doing a patch in the future for Roy.

But it is still unknown of as of right now.

(I pre-ordered him a while back just in case he somehow does work in Fates..)

Concerning Kamui being compatible or not: I really have no clue since there's been no news of that either.

Edited by Jin

Why is there nothing about this? I can understand why they wouldn't work in Codename Steam, but this game came out after Roy was made available in Smash. The devs knew Roy and Corrin/Kamui would be getting proper amiibo releases, so why would they not have any amiibo data for them? Heck they HAD to give permission for smash to use them, so it honestly makes no sense to me for them to not be included already.

Edited by KFrosty

as for Corrin, that would be way too meta

I don't think Corrin would be a recruitable character (Unless it was the gender swapped version), but nonetheless I would assume she just adds items for free/sale

...honestly, I know you love Roy and all, but why would they put that free functionality on a game that's been out for more than 6 months?

Kozaki has to draw art... again.

Voice actor has to be called... again.

And a whole bunch of data for a chapter and character dialogue in the actual my castle? All to add functionality to an amiibo that is coming out nearly a year after its release in Japan?

All to drive sales for something roughly $12 that cost them to manufacture and ship?

You're better off just releasing DLC.

The whole point of the amiibo is to unlock ON CARTRIDGE content.

Smash is different because it's not the complete game without the latest updates.

"The devs knew..."

Stop, right there.

You're expecting them to cater to your favorite character.

"Why is nothing about this?"

Because... you're expecting too much. If the functionality is planned there will be an announcement. Just sit your butt down and stop sounding like it's a crime for them not to acknowledge your favorite FE character.

Edited by shadowofchaos

...honestly, I know you love Roy and all, but why would they put that free functionality on a game that's been out for more than 6 months?

And a whole bunch of data for a chapter and character dialogue in the actual my castle? All to add functionality to an amiibo that is coming out nearly a year after its release in Japan?

All to drive sales for something roughly $12 that cost them to manufacture and ship?

Smash is different because it's not the complete game without the latest updates.

"The devs knew..."

Stop, right there.

Because... you're expecting too much. If the functionality is planned there will be an announcement. Just sit your butt down and stop sounding like it's a crime for them not to acknowledge your favorite FE character.

I'm gonna sound stupid for asking this but is there anything on the cartridge with Roy data at all that you know of? Just curious.

Edited by LordTaco42

I'm gonna sound stupid for asking this but is there anything on the cartridge with Roy data at all that you know of? Just curious.

As a unique character or class?

Or even any sign of his sword?

None. Nada. Zilch.

Edited by shadowofchaos

"The devs knew..."

Stop, right there.

Honestly they could just be ignorant like me and have no clue about the processes that go on behind all this stuff and what's realistic to expect or not. I wouldn't have (or didn't, even) realized all these things you just pointed out and you can't expect everybody to know, because we aren't all game developers. And if that's the case (or maybe even if it's not the case depending on the situation), responding civilly and simply explaining why the thing they want isn't very likely/feasible should do fine =b Like unless this has been a recurring situation with this person, I don't think there was a need to get worked up over it.

It's also possible they didn't intend to seem/be all selfish and demanding like "WHERE'S MY ROY" as well, because when I read their posts I got the interpretation that they were simply curious and maybe even a bit confused.

Honestly they could just be ignorant like me and have no clue about the processes that go on behind all this stuff and what's realistic to expect or not. I wouldn't have (or didn't, even) realized all these things you just pointed out and you can't expect everybody to know, because we aren't all game developers. And if that's the case (or maybe even if it's not the case depending on the situation), responding civilly and simply explaining why the thing they want isn't very likely/feasible should do fine =b Like unless this has been a recurring situation with this person, I don't think there was a need to get worked up over it.

It's also possible they didn't intend to seem/be all selfish and demanding like "WHERE'S MY ROY" as well, because when I read their posts I got the interpretation that they were simply curious and maybe even a bit confused.

I think Rey was well within his rights to give that dressing-down. Not only is TC in the wrong subforum (which I'm about to correct), he admits that these questions have probably been asked before. If there was new info, it would've been all over SF.

So I hope that answers your question, TC.

EDIT: So someone else got to moving it where I would've. Thanks~!

Edited by eclipse

I think Rey was well within his rights to give that dressing-down. Not only is TC in the wrong subforum (which I'm about to correct), he admits that these questions have probably been asked before. If there was new info, it would've been all over SF.

Oh that part I understand fine and that wasn't the part I was talking about. Although that was because that didn't sound to me like that's why Rey was responding in such a way, because he was talking about reasons unrelated to that. But I apologize if I misunderstood.

Adding Roy... frankly it would skew the DLC gender imbalance even MORE in favor of males than it already is. But then I've already resolved to never ever ever use those amiibo dlc class change items, so I guess it wouldn't make a difference to how I played, and I am holding out hope that eventually Roy will be added.

As for the Corrin amiibo, it would be obscenely weird if that did nothing, because that would be the first instance of a post-smash game with a smash amiibo as a main character not using that amiibo. Granted, he joined smash after the game came out, but still, it would just be kinda odd if they didn't patch it to, I dunno, make something happen once a day in My Castle?

As a unique character or class?

Or even any sign of his sword?

None. Nada. Zilch.

Well crapbaskets.

It does make me wonder if Nintendo/IS already actually did the artwork animation and such (and have it stored under lock in some deep dark basement) and just wanna release a patch later. It would give them more material for a Nintendo Direct I guess. Plus they probably don't want people data mining and leaking that kind of thing like it did before in Smash. Although, I think that scenario is highly unlikely and they just decided it wasn't worth the time.

Edited by LordTaco42

Well crapbaskets.

It does make me wonder if Nintendo/IS already actually did the artwork animation and such (and have it stored under lock in some deep dark basement) and just wanna release a patch later. It would give them more material for a Nintendo Direct I guess. Plus they probably don't want people data mining and leaking that kind of thing like it did before in Smash. Although, I think that scenario is highly unlikely and they just decided it wasn't worth the time.

Frankly the amiibo content in general baffles me. It seems completely out of place with the game, what with the amiibo units objectively being the worst characters in the game who only have their unique weapons as an advantage, and with their classes all being available as gender-exclusive DLC despite all classes in the main game being gender-neutral (which is just terrifyingly lazy considering that opposite gender models already exist with regards to the great lord and grandmaster classes)... I don't know what the hell is going on there, but the idea that they're going to go out of their way to put more effort into it than necessary is not high on my list on interpretations of the situation.

Wow, this was more comments than I expected, but nonetheless I will try to address the ones that were specifically for me.

This pretty much sums it up. I really am just curious about it, since I don't know what goes on in the development (and wondering why he wasn't added per the reasons I mentioned).

Sorry about that, and thanks for moving my forum to the right place. I wasn't sure which Forum to go to since this is my first day using the site forums. I wasn't sure when you guys updated the info on the site, because some of the page stuff isn't always updated right away (such as the links in the Fates page constantly referring to Revelations as just "3rd Route" and the amiibo page not making mention of the item unlockables), so I guess I was just getting anxious to play and was just asking about the info

Now for the big one..

"The devs knew..."

Stop, right there.

Because... you're expecting too much. If the functionality is planned there will be an announcement. Just sit your butt down and stop sounding like it's a crime for them not acknowledge your favorite FE character.

I didn't think I was out of line when I was asking, and I am sorry if I upset or offended you, as it was not my intention. I did/do not expect special catering, and wasn't even upset when I thought Roy wasn't getting in Smash. IIRC, amiibos are actually the biggest moneymaker Nintendo has right now. And games like Mario Maker and Smash add in patches for all the new amiibo that get released, it's not crazy to believe they could do that again. and it creates sales for games that have the amiibo compatibility. For example, Marth was my first amiibo ever, and because of that, I bought Codename Steam simply because Marth was compatible for that game. I then bought Ike (who I wasn't going to initially) because he also works in that game. They use the amiibo to lure fans of the figure to buy the games that figure works in, and vice versa. So it's not just create the DLC for one guy with $12 who really likes Roy, it's to create it for ALL of the fans of FE who collected the respective amiibo. That being said, much like Lucas's amiibo, I do not expect this amiibo to be a big seller. As mentioned before, I am just surprised this wasn't already included, as it would have been a lot less effort when all those resources you mentioned were in the same room together, hence why I had waited in playing FE Fates since I have hope (not anger, not self righteousness, not the belief that I am owed anything) that Roy would be included. I am very excited to play the game, and I am hoping that I didn't wait the extra time to play for something that was confirmed not to be included, which is why I asked again, more recently than the last time someone asked this question (which based on the search bar I used, was weeks ago).

Thanks again for all the info guys. I am so pumped to play this game, regardless of his functionality, and I just hope this waiting is all worthwhile.

Also, on a random note, the Amiibos have voice acting? This is a surprise to me, as I just expected them to be completely silent

Edited by eclipse
Mergin' a double post

Posted (edited) · Hidden by eclipse, March 12, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by eclipse, March 12, 2016 - No reason given

Also, on a random note, the Amiibos have voice acting? This is a surprise to me, as I just expected them to be completely silent

Edited by KFrosty

Oh dear. . .

Welcome to SF and all, but the rules are important, and double-posting like that is against said rules. I know the last post is quite long, but you are nowhere near the horror that is the mafia subforum, so edit your other thoughts into your most recent post. If you have any questions regarding the rules, feel free to shoot me a PM. I can't change 'em, but I can try to explain them!

In other words, please reread the Code of Conduct.

EDIT: I'll leave this post up on the chance that a wandering lurker comes in and wonders whether it's a good idea to register and post before reading the rules.

Edited by eclipse

I do apologize if I came off as offensive.

I took it out on you in a way that was not healthy.

Please accept my sincerest apologies and hope that I did not give you a bad impression of the forums because of my behavior.

While I have seen the question at least 50 times now in multiple places, it was not right of me to be "so tired of it, I take it out on someone unrelated to what I've experienced".

I will not use that as an excuse.

I was in the wrong for being very aggressive.

No worries, and I am sorry if my post offended you in any way. I figured it wasn't a personal attack and didn't take it as such, so things are all good on my end :)

With less than 5 days left, I am really starting to think that my waiting is in vain, but like LordTaco said, it could be a preventative measure to prevent hackers from leaking the content early. either way I am keeping my fingers crossed

If there's any chance of Roy coming to Fates, you're going to have to wait until April.

They aren't going to announce a patch until it comes out in Japan.

If there's any chance of Roy coming to Fates, you're going to have to wait until April.

They aren't going to announce a patch until it comes out in Japan.

I just started playing yesterday, since l noticed that the game has still yet to get an update for him. Oh well. I am mainly just doing my castle battles until tomorrow though, just in case.

EDIT: For those of you curious about it being compatible. As of this writing, the Roy amiibo is currently NOT compatible with Fire Emblem.

Edited by KFrosty