The worst children units...

Giratina

So basically I'm gonna start Revelations soon and I plan on marrying Setsuna. However, as most know, this means I have to sit a Child unit out. So I've heard many differing opinions and I think you guys are more reliable so I'll ask, what are in your opinions the worst children units?

Worst by stats or something else?

Personally I've leave one of the Awakening kiddos out. Ignatious unfortunately doesn't seem to stand out.

Personally, Hisame. Sadly Hinata has screwed up any chances this kid has got.

But, the FEA kids could also be left since they aren't that stand out or even Ignatius, his chapter can be frustrating and even then, it is hard to get a good Ignatius that you will say, 'Yeah, I am defiantly gonna use him.' And who need knights when you have Effie.

Dwyer is considered to be the one to miss if you marry a 1st gen. His Personal Skill is useless outside of My Castle and his Mods / Class Options are nothing to write home about.

He is Jakob's kid.

Edited by ShadowStar77

Sorry that was a bit vague but I mean like. Who's the most outclassed in terms of stats or who's just overall a very hard to use/useless character. Not in terms of personallity if that makes it any clearer.

Sorry that was a bit vague but I mean like. Who's the most outclassed in terms of stats or who's just overall a very hard to use/useless character. Not in terms of personallity if that makes it any clearer.

Oh then Ignatius.

Cons:

-He is a knight. They are better in this game, but he is not the best.

-He is hard to make good. Unless you definitely plan to use him, most of his good mothers are wanted else where and because of this, he will end up mediocre at best.

-Effie. While she is not as useful in Rev, she will be better then Iggy and Benny, unless she mothers Iggy herself, but she is needed else where.

-His chapter. Late game, his chapter is difficult. He is pretty far away from your units start point and he will by surrounded by promoted enemies. Even if he starts with max Def and Res, he will have trouble.

Pros:

Not much other then:

-He will end up the best tank in the game if he has the right mother.

-He makes Rinakh a good mother. This is one of the few kids Rinkah doesn't fuck up.

That's about it.

Oh then Ignatius.

Cons:

-He is a knight. They are better in this game, but he is not the best.

-He is hard to make good. Unless you definitely plan to use him, most of his good mothers are wanted else where and because of this, he will end up mediocre at best.

-Effie. While she is not as useful in Rev, she will be better then Iggy and Benny, unless she mothers Iggy herself, but she is needed else where.

-His chapter. Late game, his chapter is difficult. He is pretty far away from your units start point and he will by surrounded by promoted enemies. Even if he starts with max Def and Res, he will have trouble.

Pros:

Not much other then:

-He will end up the best tank in the game if he has the right mother.

-He makes Rinakh a good mother. This is one of the few kids Rinkah doesn't fuck up.

That's about it.

Beruka!Ignatius is sweet and no one else is begging for Beruka. However, be wary of his Personal Skill. Also, be sure that he gets Wary Fighter. He's a pretty high-end Tank.

Worst for me is Dwyer. His stats are all over the place, and not in a good way...

Jakob gives him some decent offensive physical stats so he makes a salvagable butler. But outside of that he's usually the one people choose to ignore if they marry a first gen character.

From what I've seen Ignis is basically just the same as his father, and he's kinda the Laurent of this games children units. He's defiently high up on the bench list.

Dwyer proved pretty useful in my Birthright playthrough, but probably gets outclassed in Revelations from what I've seen. And yeah, pairing anyone up with Jakob just means some girl is going to suffer for the rest of her life...

I've only played Conquest thus far, but I'd have to give it to Dwyer. While Jakob has been an awesome character for me, his son has just fallen short. It might be my own fault for making him a strategist (Forrest has proven to be far better) he just has has scattered level ups that don't seem to compliment any classes for him. I'm hoping for a better Dwyer in Revelations :)

As a unit? Dunno. I'd say Dwyer because he's kinda only effective on MyCastle stuff.

As a character? Rhajat. She's a yandere who is born from the most arrogant brat you'll ever get. Think. Why is Hayato usually the first in polls that ask which guy is the most likely to die alone, assuming you don't pair your Corn with a Corrinsexual?

Hisame or Dwyer are my suggestions.

People bashing on Ignatius dont understand the power of Beruka/Rinkah!Iggy with Wary Fighter and a Guard Naginata.

If you're like me and really want to make the most of your units, do that and give him Dragonic Hex via castles (its very rare on Iggy). I dont even like Generals, but I have to respect a good Ignatius.

Dwyer, Hisame and Ignatius definently seem like the biggest losers here. I hate Rhajat in terms of personallity, but I admit she was a decent unit to use in gameplay. I like Dwyer in terms of personallity, but I can understand why he's disliked as a unit. He's just another staffbot really and other than Birthright he just doesn't sound like he would really so any good.

I'm about to turn my Hisame in Birthright into something that makes shuriken debuffs obsolete.

For absolute utility, I'd probably leave Dwyer out - his personal skill does nothing while you're out fighting normal enemies.

To be fair, it's not only Dwyer that has a useless personal skill.

That being said, if you're playing Female Avatar, Dwyer is one of the best kids, since you can get him very early. And Dwyer should be in physical class because of Jakob's mods.

While I liked to use most children and im surprised how people keep saying Iggy sucks, since he became so OP in my Revelations run that the only thing that could deal with him was problaby mages... even more I made him into a Wyvern Lord,where he still had his great DEF and STR but became like a fast General later on.... fast for a general at least, even without Wary Fighter, same thing with Hisame, while sure he isnt anything special, he can become a Blacksmith/Oni Chieftain which is a plus for me and he was great in my run

ANyway, I think that I will say,sadly Dwyer because of his personal skill, other then that,he is a great Strategist, I dont know about buttler Dwyer, since I rarely use them because.... come on... a maid/buttler in the middle of a battlefield ? Also Kiragi because the other options for archers, even more children, are much better in my opinion

While I liked to use most children and im surprised how people keep saying Iggy sucks, since he became so OP in my Revelations run that the only thing that could deal with him was problaby mages... even more I made him into a Wyvern Lord,where he still had his great DEF and STR but became like a fast General later on.... fast for a general at least, even without Wary Fighter, same thing with Hisame, while sure he isnt anything special, he can become a Blacksmith/Oni Chieftain which is a plus for me and he was great in my run

as my post above states, Iggy is the best tank in the game, but it irks me that people are ignoring it when Iggy is VERY salvagable. Im using General Ignatius paired up with Wyvern Lord Percy and they are UNTOUCHABLE

Ignatius/Seigbert/Shigure (unless you dance grind to a million) are the least salvageable kids for main game play.

Iggy/Notasword are pretty much "well if you can beat this paralouge late, you've already won the game, here be rewarded with a mediocre child"

Shigure just has pathetic bases unless you dance to infinity and beyond

Wolf/fox kids tie for a distant 4th, their bases are great and they don't suffer from their parents garbage class sets but E rank weapons that late hurt my soul.

Edited by joshcja

Gonna be honest here, not only Igni and Percy are two of my favorite characters, but they are so damn powerful with most classes, heck I made them so many classes that they basically could kill the final boss by themselves... also it problaby has to do with me making Oboro/Benny and Arthur/Setsuna... and the supports are preety funny

Ignatius/Seigbert/Shigure (unless you dance grind to a million) are the least salvageable kids for main game play.

Iggy/Notasword are pretty much "well if you can beat this paralouge late, you've already won the game, here be rewarded with a mediocre child"

Shigure just has pathetic bases unless you dance to infinity and beyond

Wolf/fox kids tie for a distant 4th, their bases are great and they don't suffer from their parents garbage class sets but E rank weapons that late hurt my soul.

I wont speak for Shigure, but Ignatius has been tanking well in lategame Conquest/Lunatic (I havent even bought skills for him yet), so I really dont see him as bad as the world makes him out to be.

Siegbert is a great pair up slave since his Personal skill is perfectly usable with his spouse; especially if you go Charlotte!Siegbert and reclass him to Zerk. otherwise I will agree Siegbert is meh

Gonna be honest here, not only Igni and Percy are two of my favorite characters, but they are so damn powerful with most classes, heck I made them so many classes that they basically could kill the final boss by themselves... also it problaby has to do with me making Oboro/Benny and Arthur/Setsuna... and the supports are preety funny

2 of my favourite kids indeed, also Iggy x Percy Pair up is perfectly viable and gives Nina's personal actual reason to exist.

Edited by Jakkun

Between Ignatius, Hisame and Dwyer, I would ditch Hisame. He's basically just a slightly better version of his dad (who I really don't find that stellar). and his Paralogue doesn't give you anything other than him. At least Dwyer's Paralgoue gives you some nice Staffs (especially if done early), while Ignatius joins with a free Javelin. Plus, Dwyer is at least another staff bot... sure you have like 7 anyway, but I'd take that over slightly better Hinata or Benny.