Let's Talk About Royal Royale

Vyse

It's similar to Beach Brawl in terms of layout, however the Dragon Veins in Royal Royale create replicas (max 1 each) of your characters and render all enemy units immobile for one turn. If you win while playing as someone from Hoshido, you get a Dread Scroll while on the other hand you obtain an Ebon Wing if you chose to play for Nohr.

[spoiler=A breakdown of Royal Royale and helpful tips courtesy of Fuzzlekins]

Okay, I've had a bit of a longer experience with this DLC since I have the JP version so here's "Royal Royale for Dummies."

Different teams move out at different turns. Youngest sisters are the first to become active. They're basically aggro turn one. The younger brother teams move starting at the end of Turn 7, followed by the older sisters at the end of Turn 13, and finally the oldest brothers at the end of Turn 19. This way they are staggered out so you're not going to be immediately surrounded. Of course, if you get in range of any team, they will immediately become aggressive, so that's something to keep in mind. Once you get a feel for that, you can effectively control when you fight each team. Trying to take on multiple teams at once will get you killed.

Now that you know the general turn order, you should know what you have at your disposal. Every Dragon Vein performs the same action, freezing the opponent and creating clone units if you don't already have them. Every team starts out with one nearby, just outside of their movement range. Don't worry about the other teams using them because that won't happen. Use these wisely! You should use the closest one as soon as possible to get the puppet clones, but don't immediately use a DV just because it's in your range. It's better to save them for when you really need them. All units carry stuff like stat buffs and potions. Once you defeat an enemy unit, you'll pick up whatever potion or stat raiser they were holding. I recommend using the permanent stat boost items as soon as possible, because you're going to want to save space in your inventory to pick up enemy items without throwing something away.

General tips: Try to stay one square away from enemy range, so you can lure them to you without taking damage. This is a pretty basic tactic that you're probably using in every map anyway, but it's especially important in this one because of how strong the opponents are. They can and will gang up on a single unit and take them out, and you're going to want every character alive for as long as possible in order to have a chance. Also, DON'T divide and conquer. Focus on taking out one unit at a time because you won't be able to take them out with a follow up attack, they'll kill you first. Defensive formation is a must for your heavy-hitters. Being able to auto-guard against two attackers is going to save your hide. Use your staves wisely if you have a staff user. You don't get many uses so make the most of them.

So far I've only been able to win with Elise. I've gotten close with Ryouma but I mostly wanted Ebon Wings and not Dread Scrolls so I haven't tried as hard with Hoshidans. Anyways, here's why Elise is (comparatively) easy mode:

- Elise gets Freeze which is HUGE. Freeze will save your life multiple times. You will inevitably run out of them, but by the time you're down to the last couple teams you likely won't need it. I always use them on Sakura and Leo. (Always stay out of range of Sakura's Silence.)

- Elise is one of the teams that would normally move first, so you start off with only Sakura's team coming for you. You're also on the opposite end of the map from them, which gives you a few turns before they arrive.

- Because of your position, you can effectively fight one team at a time and not worry about being surrounded. I always go Takumi -> Sakura -> Leo -> Camilla -> Hinoka -> Xander -> Ryouma.

- Effie's sheer power and defense make her a monster. She also has Beastkiller which will practically one-shot the four mounted units (Xander will live, but your other Effie will take him out afterwards).

Hopefully this will help out people who are struggling with this DLC. Not everyone is a pro at strategy games, even if we love them.

[spoiler=List of permanent stat boosters obtainable upon completion courtesy of Frozenkappa]

Stat boosters are only gotten the first time you clear with the character

Hoshidan Sibling - Dread Scroll (Dread Fighter)
Ryoma - Energy Drop (Strength)
Hinoka - Speedwing (Speed)
Takumi - Secret Book (Skill)
Sakura - Seraph Robe (HP)

Nohr Sibling - Ebon Wing (Dark Flier)
Xander - Dracoshield (Defense)
Camilla - Talisman (Resistance)
Leo - Spirit Dust (Magic)
Elise - Goddess Icon (Luck)

The DLC just released a few hours ago and holy shit is it difficult.

I must have soft resetted over ten times already while running as Camilla. Tried experimenting with different things and can say going north towards Elise and her goons is futile because of her 100% Freeze staff and heading east is already a pain (which seems like the only viable route to take considering going straight towards the center is blatant suicide) considering how tougher Lobster Lord is compared to Camilla, Beruka, and underpowered as hell Selena. And yes, I have tried abusing the dragon veins, but in all honesty they don't seem to be helping much.

If anybody ever beats it with anyone, then feel free to share. Meanwhile I will retreat to the corner and weep in the fetal position like a small child.

Edited by AddictPunk

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Royal Royale requires mastery over the Pair-Up system as well as a good strategy of how to traverse the map and when to use the freezing dragon veins. I found Sakura's to be the most difficult, to the point where I simply cannot beat it without relying on Hana's skill activation or crits...

Also, why the hell does Selena have a Blessed Bow.

SMH

Elise was super easy. Effie is OP and physic staff.

Camilla I did six or seven times before giving up on.

Halfway through Xander now, and I think I got it in the bag.

I probably will migrate over to Elise because Camilla's is insane.

Edited by AddictPunk

Just a question, which of the Nohr and Hoshido siblings do you think are the easiest to use so you can grind Dread Scrolls and Ebon Wings easily?

Just a question, which of the Nohr and Hoshido siblings do you think are the easiest to use so you can grind Dread Scrolls and Ebon Wings easily?

Elise for Nohr. I dunno for Hoshido. Probably Ryoma.

Elise for Nohr. I dunno for Hoshido. Probably Ryoma.

Tried Ryoma's group at least three times now -- his retainers get wrecked easily even in Guard stance before Ryoma goes down (easily killed by Takumi's group).

Edited by Roflolxp54

Tried Ryoma's group at least three times now -- his retainers get wrecked easily even in Guard stance before Ryoma goes down (easily killed by Takumi's group).

Ah yeah, retainers. Takumi or Sakura then.

Hinokopter's doable. All three units have massive speed, and Azama comes with a physic (Wane Festal). Only drawback is that your only source of magic damage is Hinoka's 12 MAG Bolt Lance, forcing you to save a dragon vein for Effie.

Hinokopter's doable. All three units have massive speed, and Azama comes with a physic (Wane Festal). Only drawback is that your only source of magic damage is Hinoka's 12 MAG Bolt Lance, forcing you to save a dragon vein for Effie.

Can't you give though the Bolt Lance to Azama so he deals Effie massive damage?

Haven't done Leo yet, but Elise is markedly easier than Xander and Camilla.

Doing Leo is fine at first, (defeating Takumi, Elise, and Sakura was pretty easy), but then I got wrecked by Saizo and Kagero.

so like i'm at the very end and i kill ryoma right, arthur is dead and it's just elise, effie, and their replicas left VS. saizo and kagero

here's the thing though

kagerou fucking CRITS effie at 3 percent with sting shuriken

i'm like "holy shit there's no way in hell"

elise and her replica VS. saizo/kagero

so i make like a wild babe in the hunt and run all around the map counter clockwise until i end up at the fire orb right, i mean, what else is there to do

i somehow managed to get them to split up in the far left corner of the map to chase after me, so i head towards the swamp that held the LAST DRAGON VEIN, froze saizo since he was at the base of the swamp while kagero was around six squares behind him

yoloing it, i made elise and replica team attack saizo with 25dmg/74% and 12dmg/66% accuracy respectively and like a miracle, both attacks hit, killing 37 HP saizo

i'm currently sweating bullets and running away from kagero

YXz9tFf.jpg

Edited by AddictPunk

So what actually goes on in this DLC? It seems interesting, but the description in the store and on the site isnt very detailed.

It's similar to Beach Brawl in terms of layout, however the Dragon Veins in Royal Royale create replicas (max 1 each) of your characters and render all enemy units immobile for one turn. If you win while playing as someone from Hoshido, you get a Dread Scroll while on the other hand you obtain an Ebon Wing if you chose to play for Nohr.

Ok thanks, sounds interesting.

Just beat the map with Ryoma. Very easy - ninjas are broken and sweeper tactics make this map super fast.

I got an energy drop and a dread scroll. Do you get other stat boosting items for other siblings? (like for skill or HP?)

Okay, I've had a bit of a longer experience with this DLC since I have the JP version so here's "Royal Royale for Dummies."

Different teams move out at different turns. Youngest sisters are the first to become active. They're basically aggro turn one. The younger brother teams move starting at the end of Turn 7, followed by the older sisters at the end of Turn 13, and finally the oldest brothers at the end of Turn 19. This way they are staggered out so you're not going to be immediately surrounded. Of course, if you get in range of any team, they will immediately become aggressive, so that's something to keep in mind. Once you get a feel for that, you can effectively control when you fight each team. Trying to take on multiple teams at once will get you killed.

Now that you know the general turn order, you should know what you have at your disposal. Every Dragon Vein performs the same action, freezing the opponent and creating clone units if you don't already have them. Every team starts out with one nearby, just outside of their movement range. Don't worry about the other teams using them because that won't happen. Use these wisely! You should use the closest one as soon as possible to get the puppet clones, but don't immediately use a DV just because it's in your range. It's better to save them for when you really need them. All units carry stuff like stat buffs and potions. Once you defeat an enemy unit, you'll pick up whatever potion or stat raiser they were holding. I recommend using the permanent stat boost items as soon as possible, because you're going to want to save space in your inventory to pick up enemy items without throwing something away.

General tips: Try to stay one square away from enemy range, so you can lure them to you without taking damage. This is a pretty basic tactic that you're probably using in every map anyway, but it's especially important in this one because of how strong the opponents are. They can and will gang up on a single unit and take them out, and you're going to want every character alive for as long as possible in order to have a chance. Also, DON'T divide and conquer. Focus on taking out one unit at a time because you won't be able to take them out with a follow up attack, they'll kill you first. Defensive formation is a must for your heavy-hitters. Being able to auto-guard against two attackers is going to save your hide. Use your staves wisely if you have a staff user. You don't get many uses so make the most of them.

So far I've only been able to win with Elise. I've gotten close with Ryouma but I mostly wanted Ebon Wings and not Dread Scrolls so I haven't tried as hard with Hoshidans. Anyways, here's why Elise is (comparatively) easy mode:

- Elise gets Freeze which is HUGE. Freeze will save your life multiple times. You will inevitably run out of them, but by the time you're down to the last couple teams you likely won't need it. I always use them on Sakura and Leo. (Always stay out of range of Sakura's Silence.)

- Elise is one of the teams that would normally move first, so you start off with only Sakura's team coming for you. You're also on the opposite end of the map from them, which gives you a few turns before they arrive.

- Because of your position, you can effectively fight one team at a time and not worry about being surrounded. I always go Takumi -> Sakura -> Leo -> Camilla -> Hinoka -> Xander -> Ryouma.

- Effie's sheer power and defense make her a monster. She also has Beastkiller which will practically one-shot the four mounted units (Xander will live, but your other Effie will take him out afterwards).

Hopefully this will help out people who are struggling with this DLC. Not everyone is a pro at strategy games, even if we love them.

Edited by Fuzzlekins