Return of the Emblem Chapter Fourteen: Nine

Phoenix

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dining Hall

Keeper's explanation had been understandably vague, but Weyland got the important part; just like Ryder relied on Nyx, Keeper relied on Thanatos. While Keeper took the time to try and address Gar's concerns, Lane chimed in to assure the group as a whole that Raquel could handle things on her end. Weyland didn't doubt it, but there was a caveat that Lane noted, and that the Professor expected; Raquel would need practice. The midday time table the ebon clad guest gave them after that seemed a bit soon, but as long as the group was well rested, Weyland himself didn't have any specific objections. Even if they weren't particularly well rested on arrival, the group wasn't likely to have to fight Cygnus' people or anyone else in Kievan Rus, and if Veronika's home was available for them to use, they could take all the time to recuperate that they needed.

Infirmary

That fight? Oh, right. It had been the fight to cut Invictus down at its roots. He was still alive, though. He wasn't the only one, but his own survival was what he was most grateful for, naturally. "Yeah, I'm glad it wasn't a complete loss, too," Leo smiled. It was a little forced, but the genuine gratitude, both for his survival and his healed leg, was enough to get across a mostly natural smile. "Alright, Uri, let's have a look around this place. You said you hadn't taken the tour yet either, right?"

Leo seemed to be ok with the fact that Uri had brought up the fight but it was time to come up with a new subject. Leo provided a good distraction to talk about, so Uri was quick to latch on to it. "Yeah, lets get you out of here. I haven't been around long enough to get a good look at the place, no. It should be a good time for both of us." Exiting the infirmary, he glanced around and then looked at Leo. "Alright, where do you want to head to first? I know where... the dining room and the bedrooms are. That's about it. But I'm pretty sure there are people we can ask for directions if there was something specific you were looking for."

"Alright, well if no one has any objections right now, to summarize, the current plan is to, after rest and practice, warp to Kievan Rus. From there, we're to meet up with Jaeger, then investigate Susanna Bosconovitch's links to Hydra, all the while trying to curry favor with the Neviskotian government in order to convince them of the threat the siege gate poses.  Does that sound accurate?" Lane asked the room. "If not, feel free to correct me. If it is, maybe we should move on."

Dining Hall

"That sounds about right," Weyland half agreed, "though such a drastic change to our timetable warrants going over a few more things. You seem confident that Raquel can transport the group, in batches if not all together. Do you think she'll be able to do the same with the Paladin once it's finished?"

"Do we even need it now if we're goin' straight to Kievan Rus?" Gabbie asked, "I'm not sayin' we couldn't use a transport, but maybe somethin' that's not also doublin' as a store."

"We'll still need supplies," Jethro noted, "Better to have some portable storage space, whether or not we're doing business outside the group."

"Well," Anna chimed in with a sigh, "It's going to take Connor and me a few days to finish the thing, either way. We could get it done faster, but we'll need to borrow some people from other projects."

Infirmary

"Hmm." Leo gave his ideal first stop some thought, but was having trouble, primarily because he didn't know what to expect beyond the countless bedroom and dining area. "Doesn't Weyland keep some special vehicles here?" That might be a good place to start, and it would keep them from getting lost on the second and third floors. "Let's see where those are kept."

"Sure," Lane said, agreeing with Weyland's suggestion to go over a few more things, starting with the Paladin. Which was a transport of sorts, from the sounds of it. "That might take a little longer. Maybe another half-a day after Raquel's ready to handle mass-warping. Though, I'm not sure you should rush to finish, per se. While time is of the essence, if we move too fast, we might draw too much attention in Neviskotia, too soon. "

"I'm going to need some time to think about how to get support for this siege gate issue anyway. Saying that a Fallen prince told us just makes the story even more unbelievable- no offense to present company," Veronika said, glancing at Steinn. "My family does have a seat on the Conclave but we're going to need more than that."

"Well, sounds like we have plenty to do at least. I haven't been to Neviskotia in quite some time- hopefully we have a chance for a little sightseeing between all this business," Lysandra said with a smile, attempting to lighten the mood a bit.

Dining Hall

"No offense taken," Steinn grinned faintly at Veronika, "If 'evidence' is needed, I may be able to provide some to strengthen your appeal. I make no promises, however. There are far too many ways to interpret anything provided by anyone to insure their support."

"As long as they're on board before attacks start happening over there, as well," Weyland sighed. "Alright, then. So we'll need to wait for Raquel's 'training' to conclude, prepare a convincing case for the conclave and other relevant individuals, assemble the Paladin ... and it probably wouldn't hurt to reorganize, either. Anyone that feels they wouldn't be able to contribute anything to the mission, either political or in the field, it'd be best if you considered staying behind. What Steinn and I are asking you to do carries extreme risks in all areas."