Return of the Emblem Chapter Fourteen: Fight

Phoenix

Jam wasn't sure Isis would budge until the wyvern cried out in anger. She quickly covered her ears, but only briefly. As the wyvern rushed in, Jam grabbed onto the saddle and held on for dear life. She had a front row seat as the wyvern launched a man into the air. As half the crowd backed away, Jam's plan was working. 

"Break it up! Before more of you join the gulls!"

Jam looked to the remaining mob, hoping the others were convinced to walk away.

• Replies 874
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Ah! Right, sorry." Blushing and embarrassed at her slip up, Lumi quickly opened the door and headed into the infirmary. "I found a few people who need looked at, and I think there might be more coming... It sounds like the worst of it is over though, so you shouldn't have too many more patients," she explained to the healer. Glancing back at Thales, she smiled slightly. "Here, come on Thales. Get those hands looked at, alright?"

<"Well, it sounds like you have the ability to be a quick learner then. You're lucky that most Kigenese tomes are written in our language. Perhaps some day I will also teach you how to read Ursian, but for now we can stick with Kigenese tomes."> She pulled out her tomes and flipped them both open. <"As you can see, these are written in two different languages. Both Ursium and 'Skotia tend to use tomes that are written in old Ursian. But that's not something you need to worry about. For now, while we seem to have some peace and quiet, why don't you tell me what you would like to learn about first?">

A group of about forty or so crew members and mercenaries had gathered around Amon and Haythem, and the air had thickened with tension as a result. A fight seemed likely to break out at any second, with several people doing their best to try and calm down the mob. So, no one seemed to notice Mavis, until she placed her arms around the shoulders of two crew members, smiling her usual smile. "Wow. I mean, wow. We got outta that one pretty well, didn't we. I mean, sure, we're a bit wet, but we're still alive, right? I was just coming over to give my thanks to the smart fellows that came up with this plan. Just like you guys!"

Mavis let silence creep around the boat for a second before speaking up, again. "That IS what you all are doing, right? Thanking the guys that saved our skins from the deadly 'Skotian fleet trying to kill us with massive cannons? And not doing something stupid like, say, trying to attack them, are ya?" Mavis's smile widened, and suddenly her face seemed much more intimidating. More threatening. And as she spoke, she tightened and relaxed her arm muscles a few times, making sure that the two men she held could feel it around their necks. " 'Cause that'd be really stupid. Especially since without those two, we might all be Sea Wyrm food, if not drowning in the ocean! Yup, it's all thanks to them! So, you see, being mad at them would just be really stupid! So stupid, in fact, that I might get mad, right back at you! ...And you wouldn't want me to get mad, would you?" Mavis tightened her muscles one last time, her arms slowly around the men's necks, before loosening them completely as she released the two and shoved them out of the way, before stepping through the crowd to reach Amon and Haythem, stepping past the man the just punched Haythem. But not before giving him a death glare, the same smile still on her face. Then, she turned her attention to Amon. "So, yeah. Thanks for that! Couldn't of thought of something better, myself!"

Apparently Isis was not, in fact, enough to dissuade further violence. In actuality, the situation was getting worse, as from her vantage point, Angelica had managed to spot something no one else had. Several sailors beginning to draw their firearms. Fucking hell. It was lucky she already had a maelstrom of wind blades swirling about her in an attempt at crowd control, as it would save on cast time. Taking mark at the men readying their guns, the mage fired a volley of wind blades into the crowd, aimed directly at the firing mechanisms of the weapons... too many targets, and at this range... she was good, but not that good, she could likely disable all of the weapons but not without inflicting a few minor wounds in the process. Just to be safe though...

"HIT THE DECK, WE'VE GOT MEN ABOUT TO FIRE FLINTLOCKS AND RIFLES THROUGH THE CROWD!" Angelica warned, using her magic to amplify her voice so it would thunder over the crowd, despite the loud ambiance it created.

Edited by Ether

Fighting

"And who do you people think you are?!" one sailor barked at the well toned interlopers, "We already take orders from one wench! We don'need you whingin' at us!" Others were throwing out similar sentiments. Some were even waving around freshly draw blades and axes. The ones closer to Isis and the wyvern's passenger were too busy backpedaling or hiding behind each other to actively fling insults up at Jamilla. Isis was just looking for someone stupid enough to hold still just long enough for her to snatch up and throw. Haythem was still in danger, after all. More importantly ... as of this moment, she knew that her master would allow her to kill.

Amon wanted so much to show his appreciate for the people sticking up for him, but the situation was especially dangerous right now. They needed to ease tensions, not try to posture their way out of this. It was just plain misfortune that they were stuck on this ship, together. Men were arguing back now in small clusters now, trying to shout down the women. That might have worked on normal women, but these had braved far worse threats than mere rum scented bellows. Amon took a step back as the man he floored began crawling back toward his allies. He kept one hand over his face as his pant legs smeared the trickles of blood he left in his wake. Amon wasn't sorry for stepping in like he had, but he had a feeling he only helped to escalate the situation at best.

Haythem had made it off without any real damage. He was nursing his jaw with one hand, but there was no blood, not even a bruise. He didn't take up his stance again, though. Instead, he turned somberly toward Amon. "Amon, it's Lady Aisha. She wants you to--" "HIT THE DECK-" Angelica's voice cut right through Haythem's own warning. Immediately following, wind spells rained down and decimated the crowd. Only one firearm went off, a rifle. The others were destroyed. All the gun wielders grabbed at their mangled hands, while a single sailor toppled over, cradling the bullet wound in his right leg. That was it. There were enough injuries now that, given their current fighting strength, Amon and his allies could actually engage what was left of the mob and have a fighting chance. That didn't make the sancturan feel any better about the situation, but at least he and Haythem weren't as likely to get pummeled half to death for the time being.

Musing

"Oh my," the old woman resisted a chuckle at the latest. She doubted Lumi's words, if only because there had been a few mutinies on this very ship prior. As confident as Lexi was, she didn't have all the necessary tools to control her crew. Something always happened that made them go feral, sometimes at the most inopportune moments. No one was going to blame this divine power, though. Why not? Even if there was some dark influence underpinning all of this, life had much improved for them overall. Lexi had her exceptional skills, and she, the old woman and Lexi's grandmother, had hers~

"Alright, let's have a look at you, young man. That looks like a friction burn," she noted in amusement. Her other two patients were already recovering, though they still looked a bit addled from the whole experience. The whole day, even. A loud bang rang out from above and the old woman rolled her eyes. "Come now, again? I hope that's the Ursians and not your people they're upset about, up there."

Worrying

"Are you sure?" Joanna frowned, "it sounds like there might be trouble." She looked to her left to see the Ursian ship in the distance. They hadn't fired, at least not anything audible or visible, but they might have something to do with it. There was really no point in simply guessing. "One moment," she said, lowering herself onto her knees and closing her eyes. They didn't have to go over there yet, necessarily, but if something was wrong, she wanted to know for certain.

When her vision resolved, she saw herself stumbling backward as strange bursts of wind whirled and ripped through elements of the crowd. It was almost certainly a brawl, and Amon, Haythem, and Eva were there near the center. "Are they ... ganging up on them? Why?" A lone gunshot cut through the air, causing Joanna to flinch. "W-Why are they fighting?!" Joanna felt herself getting aggravated. "... and now of all times?!" She shot up to her full height. "Norbert, you should make sure Rizen is alright. Liam, let's hurry. There are going to be a lot of people for me to treat."

Just before taking off, she spoke to Norbert, again. "If you can, would you bring Nadya at some point? I ... don't know how bad this is going to be ..." With that, she took off.

Edited by Phoenix

There was... a muffled shriek from outside, and a lot of noise now. What happened while he was being carried here? Don't tell me I jinxed it. Come on. Biting his lip over his lack of luck, he stepped inside, showing the old lady his palms.

"Yeah, just what you said. I should just rest it up." It's not like there was much to do but wait it heal, but he supposed he could do it in peace and quiet here... for once in that wild day. Maybe I could catch a nap if there's anywhere serviceable.

Edited by Xinnidy

"One wench-- listen you stupid sea dogs, we're all supposed to be on the same side, the 'Skotians are leaving, and there's nothing to be fighting over! Get your heads out of your asses!" Eva couldn't help but get more upset at this senseless escalation of things-- ironically, probably getting upset for similar reasons. Both sides were barking back at each other, and with this Mavis girl speaking up, things were just going to get worse. Some of them were drawing weapons, making Eva take a step back.

"Seriously? SERIOUSLY? <You two bit, idiotic, brainless, sacks of flees! You're honestly going to do this when there's no reason for us to keep-->" A familiar voice calling for them to get down made Eva flinch, glancing up quickly before dropping to the deck. She only heard one gun go off, and no sudden sharp pain ailed her. All here. All good. Okay! Quickly getting back onto her feet, what was left of people standing were still well armed, but visibly shaken, and without unfortunate gunners in the back.

"<This is really not the time for this, fucking Ursians... I see where Bert gets it now!>" Grumbling to herself, Eva pulled her sword off of her back, still in the sheath. She wasn't going to start anything, and definitely didn't want to kill anyone, but she had to have the thing ready in case someone took a swing. The leather could catch it, or help her knock them away, and if she had to, she could try to slam the pommel into them. "Alright, Amon... Haythem. Any bright ideas so we don't have to kill the crew we wanted to help? Because, uh... I know I'm not helping much, but after that blast from Angelica, they probably aren't up for any talking!"

----------

"<That sounds like even more work...>" Haruhi buried her face against the table, groaning. The last thing she wanted to think about was learning. She wanted to think about dry land, food, a bath, and--

She jumped up, hearing a screech, looking around and then back at Hoshi. It hadn't seemed like the woman had heard... W-Was it just her imagination? "<E-Er, wait, we're gonna start right now? Uh... I-I haven't really looked past the basics... Flux and stuff. I guess... That, Nosferatu thing? Is that the next step? I don't really...>" Put off by the noise and pushed out of her element, the stammering came easily.

Well. That speculation went out the window. Just what was going on over there? There were the sounds of a lot of people yelling, some angry, some in pain. There was even the sound of a gunshot. Okay, yeah, something had gotten out of hand. Did one of the Skotians get onto the ship or something? Norbert wondered, his fight-ready adrenaline kicking his fatigue in the face to the back of his mind. Joanna had knelt just before all that happened, but now she was standing up again and...well, what she had to say surprised the fight temporarily out of Norbert. When did she become this assertive?

Of course, though, he'd make sure Rizen was alright. She was his longest-standing friend, after all. But yeah, she'd need some coaxing and calming if he was going to manage to convince her to get near Isis or Sasha if they were still acting threatening. And Nadya... Apparently, she was on the ship they were currently aboard. Yeah, thinking about it, it was probably better to gather the healers, based on what sounds were coming from the other ship. This was no longer a simple mission to drag sailors out of the water.

Well, Joanna was off in a flash, followed closely by her bodyguard, so Norbert went off to do his part. First, he rode Rizen aboard the deck, further away from the commotion. That would be a good first step in calming her down, and it'd get him closer to the stairs. After that, a dismount, some soothing words and strokes to the uneasy pegasus' face, Norbert hurried below deck to look for Nadya.

A gunshot went off, as well as the sound of conjured wind and cries of pain, one of them more fierce than the others. Mavis turned from Amon to look at the the crowd of the of mercenaries and crew members. Many of them were holding injured hands, but many of them also still held weapons intending to fight. She looked at one of them, lying on the ground holding their leg. She could easily see the blood coming from under the hand, which meant he was probably the one hit by the gunshot. Mavis shook her head, disapprovingly."You see, this is what I meant when I said 'doing something stupid.' Now you're friend is on the floor and can't walk 'cause one of you decided to shoot. And you still wanna fight?"

She stood silently, watching the men intently, before shrugging and sighing. "Alright." She began walking towards the crowd of men, specifically towards the closest one with a sword in their hand. In a near instant, she broke out of her pace and sped toward the man, grabbing her axe with her right hand and swung in a horizontal fashion, aiming for the sword the man held, rather than the man himself. The weapons clashed, and Mavis went for an obvious pummel to the face with the handle of her axe. Whether it hit or it was blocked with his elbow didn't matter, for Mavis was now extremely close to him. She quickly took her left hand off of the axe and, with the handle of her axe still aimed straight at the mans face for another attempted pummel should he try anything, grabbed the bottom of the sword that the mercenary held. Then, she quickly turned the wrist of her right hand and used the handle of the axe to flip the sword while still maintaining the grip, and with his arms now crossed over each other, the sword now pointed at the deck, and her left hand now on top, she used said left hand to grab the sword handle and rest it from the loosened hands before tossing it aside. Then, with one final act, she grabbed the mercenary by the collar of his shirt, and hit him in the face with the bottom of the handle one last time, incapacitating him as she let him fall to the ground. She then pointed her axe to the rest of the crowd.

"If any of you know the name 'Kendrick Bergstrom', then you best stop your fooling around, right now. Cause his daughter is standing in front of you lugs. And believe me...You've made her real mad." It was obvious she wasn't going to be able to disarm each and every single one of them, but Mavis was confident that her times taking on groups of bandits attempting to raid her home would be enough against the several men that were there.

It seemed her attempt to interfere had been... mostly successful. All but one of the guns had been disabled, and it's bullet had found itself in one of the sailor's legs. The gunmen's hands had taken some unavoidable damage, but they had chosen to draw their pieces to begin with... Angelica was in no way sympathetic to them. The man who got shot was another story. Amplifying her voice again to be heard over the crowd, the mage began to speak.

"Is that enough for people to come to their senses yet? What were you honestly thinking, drawing your guns in the middle of a thick crowd? I'd hope that you'll all have sense enough to stop this, at least long enough to bring the man who just took a bullet to the leg down to the infirmary. Or is a bit of vengeance so important to you that you'll let the man bleed out?" Angelica asked, more wind blades forming around her as she watched the crowd like a hawk, ready to intervene again if need be.

Given all the chaos around her, Jam figured the safest place was on top of the giant wyvern. She didn't realize half the crew was ready to fire upon the wyvern (and by proximity, her), but Angelica had taken care of that. As Mavis began beating on one of the mercs, Jam wondered how they were going to stay on this boat. Kigen was still very far away. Though they may be able to handle themselves this time, a sour relationship with the crew would make for a very long trip. She looked over to Amon.

"So I hope our rooms have locks. I don't think we're making up after this."

Lumi had been about to say something to Thales when the loud bang occurred. Flinching, she looked at Thales, looked towards where the noise had come from and took a deep breath. "I... I'm going to go see what that was, ok? You stay here and let her take a look at your hands. You don't want to risk them getting damaged, right?" She smiled as best she could and started to make her way out and up towards the top deck, pulling a shield of ice around her arm as she did. You can do this Lumi. Just like all the other times. Easy.

<"Oh, no, I didn't mean teaching you now. There's been far too much going on, uhm, and it's probably best you just take it easy today. Especially after all the casting you had been doing. I just wanted to know what I should be expecting to teach first."> Hoshi had been focused on Haruhi and tuning out everything else, but as the noises continued, she frowned and turned towards the exit. <"Hmm... It... It might be best if we go see what's going on out there. Assuming you're, uhm, feeling comfortable enough to go outside? Your energy is restored?">

As Eva waited for some direction from Amon, ready to play self defense... She found herself gawking at the sight of what Mavis was doing, eye twitching in confusion and mild anger. "What... Wh-What are you doing? What are you-- Oh, my Gods, why..." It was... Impressive. She'd thought herself pretty stupid, impulsive, rather aggressive... But there was always a bigger fish, wasn't there?

----------

"<Alright... That sounds better.>" The shock of having to be taught so soon wore off, as Hoshi suggested seeing what was happening. She... She was curious, but at the same time, sort of tired of everything that had happened today. But... "<A-Alright. I guess so, and I am curious... Just a bit spooked because there's been... A lot, today.>"

Chaotic Chaos

Angelica was quick to point out the injured man, one of many, though his injury was more serious than anyone else's. One of the uninjured had been too addled to help him up at first, but once it became clear he wasn't in any immediate danger, he helped the man up, giving him a shoulder, and trying to lead him toward the stairway down to the infirmary. Jamilla had a point, too; they likely weren't going to be able to smooth of this all over. Even if they defused this fiasco, how safe would they be during the trip to Kigen? At least those with maimed hands were humbled enough not to carelessly rely on their firearms. Half of them were already leaving, slipping through their allies and making their way below deck as well. For all their progress, they were only slightly closer to ending the madness. Sailors were still shouting, mercenaries still had an assortment of melee weapons at the ready, and the remainder of the crew weren't convinced enough of this madness to intervene on anyone's behalf. It was all just a big spectacle to them.

"OIIIIIII!!!" Three dozen pairs of eyes shot to the helm, where their captain stood. "Knock it off! The Ursians are coming!" Lexi wasn't sure she could get a full handle on the situation, again. The men were too riled up, and their numbers were compounding the effect. This wolf pack's rage was self sustaining; anytime men started to calm down, a friend who'd gotten hurt falling into the water opened his big mouth and rekindled the fire. Also worth considering was her own history. Lexi's hiring standards were preposterously lax. Her crews had mutinied several times before, most often due to her withholding important information from them. The source of her and her grandmother's special abilities was paramount. Some of the men wanted them to share that power with them instead of receiving regular payment. Others didn't trust Lexi or her grandmother because of that power and assumed they had nefarious intentions. Naturally, they acted preemptively. All the mutinies ended the same way ... and this portion of the crew's unwillingness to calm down and listen didn't bode well for this voyage as a whole.

Lexi started turning the wheel hard to starboard, causing the Deadly Dandelion to turn away from the Ursian ship and its two approaching rowboats. Sadly, she could still see a small portion of the crew standing firm, and she could hear them going right back to their incessant shouting. Her grandfather had been much better at this sort of thing. He'd been her first mate until his passing recently. Now Lexi could barely direct her people some days. Fortunately, her ship was under the influence of a great power--the Fire Emblem, supposedly, and the crew was at least partially cosmetic as a result.

Isis spread her wings on reflex, trying to balance herself as the ship began to turn. Naturally, the enormous wings brushed past some of the equipment, over the guardrails, into the ratlines on the port side of the main mast, and only then did they stop and fold back inward. The move jostled Angelica's perch and reminded the crew closest to Isis that had forgotten that the wyvern was still there and still well within striking distance of a handful of them. Just the same, the shouting continued.

Soon, yet another sailor went down, and Amon rushed over to Mavis's left side, taking up a defensive posture there. That seemed to slow down the approaching mercenaries. "We can't take them all, so don't overdo it," he pleaded, though his voice only carried at all due to their close proximity. The mayhem was making it harder and harder to communicate clearly, and Amon was starting to see good and well that they couldn't intimidate these people while they had this kind of numbers advantage. Logic dictated that enough of them converged quickly enough, they would win, no matter what any lone individual did. Amon's side could still theoretically win now, but doing so without killing the opposition would be nearly impossible, so more violence was the last thing he wanted. Haythem had been close behind Amon and turned to face away from Mavis as he got his defenses back up, as well.

"Amon we need to leave," Haythem said bitterly. He had to say this now while he still had the chance. "Lady Aisha wants you, me, and Malik to come back to her."

Amon was silent at first. The request wasn't really surprising, but it sounded too urgent to be realistic. He was definitely ... missing something here.

Useful

Resting up was an option. Others had come in with far worse injuries ... and there were plenty more on the way, the old woman thought. Still, there was time, and having the boy sit around here when he might be able to be more useful just wouldn't do. "Let me see your hands for a moment," she said, smiling.

Edited by Phoenix
Added another segment

Liam

"Humans fight. It's their nature," Liam replied in response to Joanna's vision before taking off. Joanna will attempt to convince them to stand down- I need to prepare myself to take nonlethal defensive measures if necessary... he thought to himself as he flew.

Nadya

Nadya noticed a figure in her peripheral vision and turned around from her fruitless scanning, recognizing the figure. "Oh heya Bert, yer a sight for sore eyes. Ya have any ideas about what the hell is going on? Seen Luca anywhere?" she asked him with a hint of desperation in her voice.

Thankfully, it hadn't taken Norbert long to find Nadya. In fact, it seemed that she spotted him before he saw her. Her opening was only a little bit odd -- it wasn't often that people said he was "a sight for sore eyes," after all -- though he supposed that could partially be attributed to being a familiar face by now, as opposed to others. They were on the same side, after all, and had been for quite some time. There was also that, evidently, he knew more about current happenings than she did.

"Luca's missing?" Norbert asked. That certainly was concerning. His eyes hardened into a glare and his mouth pulled into a frown as the image of the poor horse being left at the docks, watching the ships leave him behind, came to mind. They better not have done that. Even if he went back for Luca, it wasn't as though Rizen could carry him back. Maybe he was just wandering around the ship? Or maybe he was on the other ship? Norbert certainly hoped the equine was just somewhere aboard the vessel they were currently on.

Either way, the pegasus rider shook his head. "Sorry; I haven't seen him. But Jo and --" What was his name again? Something like "Lee." Darn memory lapses. "-- the other Avian went over to the other ship. It sounds like a fight's broken out over there, and Jo's worried that she'll need help with casualties. I can fly you over, if you're ready to go. I'll explain the rest later." Or at least as much as I know. ... Probably better to get the whole story from someone who knows it, though.

Only one post is necessary, thank you.

Edited by Mercakete

"Ugh, great..." It looked like they were fighting, neither Amon or Haythem having any ideas to the contrary. With Mavis having brute forced herself against another of the crew, declaring... Whatever she had, like any of them cared, that left little choice. Eva sighed, taking out her sword.

"Alright, cool, let's just... Fight the whole Dandelion crew. No problems there, no... Alright, you salty dogs!" Eva ran up and past Amon and Mavis, planting her boot squarely in the chest of one of the sailors getting ready to fight, sending him sprawling to the deck. "Let's get this show on the road, yeah!? And you, show off," she barked back at Mavis, "no killing! Unless you're seriously gonna bite it, just try to knock 'em out!"

Her fat slab of a sword at the ready, to block incoming swings, Eva tried to stop her growing smile. "<Who's next?>"

The Plea of Death

Violence has a will of its own. It speaks with a soft, gentle voice. It is so subtle that you can just barely hear it, but it is there. Once you acknowledge its presence, violence kneels at your feet. It tells you that you are its master and swears fealty to you and you alone. It promises swift, easy, and righteous victory. It holds the banner of your glory in one hand and a sword of destruction in the other. Only when violence is unleashed does the truth reveal itself. Violence is its own master. It exists for its own sake, and it propagates itself through falsehood. Violence will promise its victims anything they can envision ... and it will, so long as they break its chains and unleash it. With the restraints of civility broken, violence revels in destruction, guiding its victims every step of the way as they grind each other to dust. Beware of violence. It has a will of its own, and its plea is the plea of death itself. Joanna recalled the old lesson as she caught sight of the fighting on the main deck of the Deadly Dandelion. She touched down just behind the helm, undecided on how she would try to put a stop to this. She wasn't confident that she could, despite prior accomplishments.

Lexi glanced over at the two avians. "Are you healers, 'cause we're gonna need'em. I could probably stop'em but that'd give the Ursians time to board us."

Joanna shook her head. "Please keep the ship moving. We'll ... think of something." Whatever they did, civility had to come back to this situation.

Return

Fighting everyone wasn't even close to what Amon had in mind; Aisha's request, delivered through a bewildered and downtrodden Haythem, almost made sense now. Almost. It wasn't until the a faint light in his periphery drew his attention to Isis, that Amon understood ... and by then it was too late to even react. Isis began to lower herself as her body gave off golden light and fine particles, and the twenty-some remaining combatants fell on them. <"Amon we have to go,"> Haythem cried out as he shoved back his attacker.

<"There's no way out of this,"> Amon said, knowing he was only half wrong. Haythem might disappear any second now, but Amon himself wasn't going anywhere.

<"Yes there is, it's just like you did before with Isis and me!">

As he sidestepped an axe, Amon realized exactly what Haythem was saying, exactly what Aisha had in mind. It was cunning, practically genius ... and something about it caused Amon's chest and face to heat up. At first, he mistook the cause for the sailors and mercenaries trying to maim them, but he was too distracted to fully acknowledge them. He passed up every chance to counter to try and think, despite the overwhelming danger. Did Aisha truly want him to use that power on Malik and then himself? Certainly, that would allow her to bring them out of this place, but what about everyone else? Equally important, what were the consequences of doing so? Amon couldn't be convinced he wasn't giving up something important by himself becoming a resource for the restoration of Sanctuary. He couldn't be convinced of that, and that was why he was getting angry. It had been bad enough that he'd done that to Haythem, but ...

Haythem's next attacker stopped short and backed off, unsure what to expect as the sancturan's body began to give off the same light as Isis. That stopped a lot of them, in fact. Isis herself was a ghost now, transparent, and fading peacefully as countless little lights spread up and away from her. Haythem lowered his fists and sighed. "... I wish there was more time ..."

Edited by Phoenix

Even after all of that, they were still fighting. How stupid were these seafarers, to keep going after all of this? As curious as she was about the state of Haythem and Isis, this had to be stopped before it escalated even further. Whipping up another ball of wind in her hand, Angelica took aim at the back of sailors... she couldn't guarantee that the entirety of the attack would dissipate into the crowd... it was possible that a stray wind shape would get through them and hit an ally, but these weren't meant to do a lot of damage, a few hits should still be okay. Still, with this many people, it would take time...

The first one flew, the orb of pent up magic flying into the crowd, before detonating, launching wind shapes in the form of blunt shrapnel into the men, aiming to bruise, disorient, and demoralize them more than do real lasting damage. It took a bit of time, but Angelica conjured four faux grenades in total, hurling them into the crowd before one last measure. Pulling a flintlock pistol from a holster on her belt, she fired it into the air, redirecting and magnifying the sound of the gunshot into the heart of the crowd, loosing an incredibly loud, sharp bang to assail their ears.

A lot of these people felt like rookies. Maybe they knew how to handle a ship, but when he came to proper fighting, Eva wasn't having an issue knocking them back one on one. And with the commotion going on behind her, she was lucky to be getting just that. When it stopped in bewilderment, that's when she got confused, glancing back at--

"<What, the fuck...!?> Amon! Amon, what's going on!?" Watching Isis glow like that, the same glow the ship had before it disappeared... Another look over at Haythem told the same story, distracting her enough to get a fist to her jaw, knocking her back. With a growl and a yell, she checked the man with her shoulder, before wiping the small stain of blood off of her lip.

"AMON! What's happening?!" She didn't know how well he'd be hearing her over the din of the fighting, but she wanted answers, and no one else could give them.

For the most part, Jam hadn't seen many attackers. She wasn't the target and she happened to be on top of a wyvern. The momentum of the fighting changed when Haythem and Isis started to glow. Jam took a moment to watch the wyvern glow and emit golden particles. It reminded her of the ship they had just jumped off of. Realizing this, Jam immediately hopped off of Isis, backing away to witness the spectacle. Were they leaving? Jam waited for one of them to let them know what was going on, forgetting all about the fighting behind her.

Edited by Toogee

Liam

"We are here to convince everyone to stop fighting and talk out their problems instead. Where should we go?" he asked the nearby human.

Nadya

"Well, I didn't take him with me on this ship so I was hopin' someone remembered to bring him along. Not any use worryin' about it here though, let's go," Nadya encouraged Bert.