What is a CorrinSexual? Male Corrin Loses a child? Help!

flaredare911

I'm playing Birthright. Pretty early on I decided I wanted my male Corrin to marry Azura simply because they seemed to be the best fit from a storyline perspective. However after thinking about it, I wondered if Azura would be the best fit game wise. I looked online to see what others had said and became very confused. What does Corrinsexual mean? Why is everyone saying you have to marry one, or a child unit or male Corrin will lose a child? I assumed it would be how Awakening was. How Chrom and male Robin could marry whoever they want and just have 2 children. But is that not the case? Why would he lose a child? Can someone just explain it to me? I've looked all over for the answer and I couldn't find it. Azura and Corrin are already at an A support rank so I need to figure out soon if I need to stop them from falling in love or not haha. Don't want to lose any children.

Edit:

Thanks for the quick replies guys! I can't believe they limited your options like that in this game! They could have added a few extra women in, or at maybe given the Corrinsexuals more male options as well. I'm so bummed! Is it like that with Revelations as well? I just looked up the Corrinsexuals and I'm not very impressed. Which child character should I go for in birthright? I might just marry Azura anyway because I really like them together. Which child character should I give up on if I do that?

Edited by flaredare911

A Corrinsexual is a character that can marry only Corrin, the Avatar character. When you marry a female character that is 1-gen, you lose out on a child because there are not enough 1-gen female characters to distribute to all the males that provide children. So, when you, Corrin, marry one, you forfeit a child one of the bachelors can have because you married one of the potential bachelorettes.

Corrinsexuals in Birthright is Reina and Scarlet, I believe.

Someone feel free to correct me.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

A Corrinsexual is someone who can only romantically support Corrin (Such as Reina or Scarlet in Birthright). Because there are an equal number of males and females (excluding Corrin), playing as a male Corrin and marrying someone like Azura means that one male won't have a wife. Marrying a Corrinsexual (again, Reina or Scarlet for the female Birthright ones) or a child character will allow every male to have a wife, and by extension a child. Hope this makes sense!

But yeah, marrying Azura will lose you a child.

I'm playing Birthright. Pretty early on I decided I wanted my male Corrin to marry Azura simply because they seemed to be the best fit from a storyline perspective. However after thinking about it, I wondered if Azura would be the best fit game wise. I looked online to see what others had said and became very confused. What does Corrinsexual mean? Why is everyone saying you have to marry one, or a child unit or male Corrin will lose a child? I assumed it would be how Awakening was. How Chrom and male Robin could marry whoever they want and just have 2 children. But is that not the case? Why would he lose a child? Can someone just explain it to me? I've looked all over for the answer and I couldn't find it. Azura and Corrin are already at an A support rank so I need to figure out soon if I need to stop them from falling in love or not haha. Don't want to lose any children.

Corrinsexuals are characters who only romantic options are Corrin. In Birthright, they would be Reina, Scarlet, Izana, and Yukimura. You lose a child if you don't marry M!Corrin to one of them, or one of the child units. It's different from Awakening because children are tied to the fathers this time, not the mothers, with exception to Azura, who also has a kid (so one father would have two kids).

There's an equal number of males and females in each route not counting Corrin and Corrinsexuals, and so if M!Corrin marries a mother, one father will not be able to marry. If you had a F!Corrin, and she married a father, it would be alright because the mother that did not marry doesn't have a child unit connected to her, unless it's Azura.

Edited by Konnor97

Thanks for the quick replies guys! I can't believe they limited your options like that in this game! They could have added a few extra women in, or at maybe given the Corrinsexuals more male options as well. I'm so bummed! Is it like that with Revelations as well?

Well I just looked up the Corrinsexuals and I'm not very impressed. Which child character should I go for in birthright? I might just marry Azura anyway because I really like them together. Which child character should I give up on if I do that?

Thanks for the quick replies guys! I can't believe they limited your options like that in this game! They could have added a few extra women in, or at maybe given the Corrinsexuals more male options as well. I'm so bummed! Is it like that with Revelations as well?

It's like that in ALL 3 routes. If you want to recruit every child character possible, make sure that Corrin marries only a Corrinsexual or a child character.

For the case of male Corrin, your only options besides the female child characters are Reina, Scarlet (not recommended on Revelation route due to story reasons), Flora, and Anna (once her DLC map gets released).

EDIT: try skipping over a child character you like the least. Several players forgo Dwyer because of his overly situational personal skill.

Edited by Roflolxp54

I went through the list of kids and picked the 3 kids I'd be ok with missing out on and Dwyer was on the list! Kiragi and Asugi were my other 2. Kiragi because I don't often use archerers and Asugi because I already have Kaze and Saizo as Ninjas and I don't need a 3rd. I think I'll probably just miss out on Dwyer. The only child characters I'd be interested in marrying Corrin off to are Mitama and Caeldori but I had my heart set on Corrin having 2 children (with Azura). I also don't want to wait long enough to have a child character in order to start the supports for Corrin and his wife. Thanks for the help guys!

You have Shigure and Kana if you marry Azura, so you do get two that way.

It's actually the only pairing with two kidlets. She married Xander in my file and he now has two kids.

It is essentially how it was in Awakening but reversed genders because the kids are typically connected to the fathers now (as opposed to the moms) with the exception of Azura.

I personally find Rhajat to be a pretty good unit (with a mom like Orochi, or Sakura, her personality is whole different book tho). Dwyer on the other hand has been the most meh of the kids stats wise for me, personal skill aside.