PrinceArjuna's Spriteries

PrinceArjuna

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely the front since the neck goes all the way to his chin, but his shoulders have a slope (the far shoulder is lower than the near one) to them which isn't matched by his head.

Definitely the front since the neck goes all the way to his chin, but his shoulders have a slope (the far shoulder is lower than the near one) to them which isn't matched by his head.

I see. So, only the front part that needs fixing? Or is there anything on the back front that needs tweaking as well?

The AA on the skin of the forehead to the bangs could be better, but everything else looks pretty good.

AA? Do you mean the shading?

pretty clean, but the neck seems a bit long

Well, her body was directly taken from Eleanora's portrait. I do admit that her neck looks a little long, and I might fix it someday.

I don't know if you have played Awakening/Fates yet, but have you figured making sprites based around them recently?

Played Awakening. Sadly haven't played Fates yet. To answer your question, maybe no, for the time being.

Anti-aliasing, or making the edges less crisp, or having blending between two colors.

In this case, yes-- it means the shading done with the skin tones next to (unoutlined) hair to show that it is close to the flesh of the face.

Well, her body was directly taken from Eleanora's portrait. I do admit that her neck looks a little long, and I might fix it someday.

Played Awakening. Sadly haven't played Fates yet. To answer your question, maybe no, for the time being.

Makes sense. I kind of jumped you with this question and to be fair, people have mixed thoughts on both games.

Anti-aliasing, or making the edges less crisp, or having blending between two colors.

In this case, yes-- it means the shading done with the skin tones next to (unoutlined) hair to show that it is close to the flesh of the face.

Ah, I disabled anti-aliasing and did the blending between two colors manually. The portrait looked weird when I had anti-aliasing on.

Ah, I disabled anti-aliasing and did the blending between two colors manually. The portrait looked weird when I had anti-aliasing on.

With AA, it should be done manually, as using the AA tool will make the portrait beyond 16 colors.

I use both Photoshop and Paint Tool SAI to do both splicing and drawing, but mainly Photoshop. I disable the anti-aliasing function for both. Well, generally I avoid anti-aliasing altogether.

Is there any drawing apps suitable for splicing and making mugs in general?

I'm currently working on making this custom battle animation for both playable Lords in this hack of mine (Nero and Allen Allant), expect results a few weeks later.

*begins splicing Hector's and Ephraim's battle sprites*

*cries alone*