Fire Emblem Fates Revelation Draft

QWUB.Qwest

Drafting:

1. 5 Players

2. MU, Azura, your corresponding butler (Felicia or Jakob), and Scarlet are all free.

3. First-gen units are drafted, then any second-gen units created by your pairings can be used.

4. There are 40 remaining draftable characters. Each player will draft 8 units, with no one left over.

5. The non-corresponding character are drafted as one pick. So if you choose a male MU, then Felicia is free and you choose to draft Jakob, nobody with a female MU can draft Felicia.

6. Kana and Shigure are free, but Dwyer is not (even if you pick female MU.) Dwyer comes with whoever drafts the non-corresponding servant (so yes, even if Jakob is free you have to draft Felicia to get Dwyer.)

Rules:

1. No extra maps (challenges, invasions, amiibo battles) and no spotpass, DLC, or path bonuses.

2. Non-drafted units can trade items with other units, but can't do any other action or attack/defense stance.

3. Hard/Classic difficulty

4. Visiting other castles, forging, cooking, and capturing units are banned.

5. Paralogues are free when it comes to turn count unless you take more than 20 turns on one.

6. All units can be used for the first 5 chapters. Not exactly optimal to use Kaze or something if you didn't draft him, but this way nobody will get stuck in basically the prologue.

http://serenesforest.net/fire-emblem-fates/revelation/character-recruitment/

Here's a list of all units in Revelation. I'll also keep track of available characters when the draft starts.

I'll add any other rules you guys want or that I forgot.

This is most likely the most complicated draft in terms of ruleset I've ever run.

Edited by QWUB.Qwest

Some notes:

- What is your stance on visiting other castles/forging/cooking?

- How are paralogue turn counts handled?

- What difficulty is this on?

- Please include a unit list. . .there should be one floating around somewhere.

Check out the Conquest rule set for some more things that you might want to consider. Not interested in drafting right now, 'cause I've got enough on my plate.

Ah thanks good points!

1. I would say no forging. It's not completely broken, but without a cap in place it just becomes unfair. So until we as a community figure out a way to balance forging it's banned for now. One idea I had was making it cost gold to forge, so if you forged a weapon you'd have to buy 3000 gold worth of items and then discard them all. It's a work in progress.

2. Paralogue turns don't count for under 20 turns.

3. Hard/Classic difficulty

And I'll try to find a unit list. I have school though, so I'm not sure if I'll find it before I have to go.

Good points! Thanks! I've only run one draft before, and it was just a really casual Awakening draft on reddit. This one is way more complicated in terms of rule set. And yeah, 13 is too much. At the time I was thinking that if everyone drafted 12 characters, the max possible, it'd be easy as a normal playthrough you could basically just run a full team. Forgot about how you won't be able to rely on clutch characters like Camilla, Ryoma and Xander. I'm getting a lot of rule-set inspiration from a recent Conquest draft, but otherwise I'm trying to figure out some ways of my own to balance this all out. Hopefully it all works out!

If you want to cut the number of units down, you can do the following:

1. Increase the draft to five players, leaving everyone with 8 + 2 units (with kids).

2. Have the last unit banned.

• 2 months later...

Eh...maybe I'll join in though I may not have time due to chores and the fact that I'm playing a re-run of Revelations though I'm not against joining. This would also be my first draft so if I do take part I'd find out if I'm cut out for it.

Edited by Jinsoa

Feel free to ask questions, especially if you need to figure out "creative" ways around the rules.

(and yes, I've done this before)