Front Page Coverage: What would you like to see?

Kirie

Hey guys, Vincent has taken me on as a News Editor to post up articles and information about Cipher for SF. We're looking to share useful information with fans and increase awareness about Cipher to current fans and potential new fans who are still learning about this awesome card game. To that end, I'm reaching out to you for opinions and assistance. :)

What kind of Cipher information would you like to see posted to the front page? What information and news do you think would be most interesting for people who aren't yet involved with Cipher but might be interested? Anything else you feel like sharing?

Right now, the Cipher information that's shared on the FP has mostly been livestreams and events, and I'll be taking over posting those as well as adding some new content. Currently I'm thinking of at least adding a full set list post/mini-analysis for new series (starting with the recent release of S4) and a few other things to promote new series at the beginning of information drip, as well as including links to the Wiki for the amazing work that's being done there, and recommending people to the forums for trading and Lackey play.

I'd also really love to include some more information on the competitive side of things, but I'm sadly lacking in knowledge in that department. Are there any good resources that some of you Cipher players could reference me to for learning things like new strategies, deck archetypes, popular cards/combos, etc? English information would be preferred since my Japanese ability is minimal, but I realize that might be kind of a stretch.

Thank you all in advance for any opinions or ideas you can share with me! Feel free to pop me any questions you might have, too.

How about a Rate-a-Card(s) section, suggest Decks to play... er... art spotlight of full art without the card text on it...

EDIT: Or when they do their twitter posts for Set 5, you can make a spotlight for THOSE cards specifically weekly. A neat idea.

Edited by TheVinceKnight

EDIT: Or when they do their twitter posts for Set 5, you can make a spotlight for THOSE cards specifically weekly. A neat idea.

I was bout to say the exact same thing, when they start showing new cards you could make like a summary each week, maybe talking about the effects and It's influence in the actual "Metagame"

I'd go with weekly updates, unless there's a stream or a big tournament like the Cipher Sai. The point about cataloging all the art it is a good idea as well, as there's people who are not into the card game but like the art. Since set 4 just released and artists are posting it, I think I would start there first.

Edit.

Stay safe with what happened in Belgium, I hear its pretty chaotic in the Netherlands as well right now.

Edited by Draxal

How about a Rate-a-Card(s) section

Honestly, I've been thinking about doing something like this for a while, tinkering and playing with the idea... I dunno if that's necessarily front page material though.

Realistically, what you want on the front page is something that Cipher players would be interested in, but something that people who don't play the TCG would be interested in.

I think something like artwork, newly revealed cards, maybe weekly tournament wrap ups?

Maybe have a YouTube series or something that goes super in-depth about how to play the game, so people can get a good grasp who are interested.

Something you can do that is ongoing, and relatively easy to make content for if you need to, so in quiet weeks you have something to put up.

But who knows, maybe something like rate a card is a good idea? Or deck analysis... I just don't know if anyone would be interested outside of the Cipher group (and even then, you're cutting the group smaller, because not everyone on this board is interested in building optimal decks, only using good cards, etc. A fair number of people are just collecting them.)

General Cipher news is pretty sure thing though. Release dates for new sets, announced promos, new artbook announced, etc. Depends if you wanna try and do something else with it though.

Edited by Ignis Sphaera

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I've been thinking about doing something like this for a while, tinkering and playing with the idea... I dunno if that's necessarily front page material though.

Realistically, what you want on the front page is something that Cipher players would be interested in, but something that people who don't play the TCG would be interested in.

I think something like artwork, newly revealed cards, maybe weekly tournament wrap ups?

Maybe have a YouTube series or something that goes super in-depth about how to play the game, so people can get a good grasp who are interested.

Something you can do that is ongoing, and relatively easy to make content for if you need to, so in quiet weeks you have something to put up.

But who knows, maybe something like rate a card is a good idea? Or deck analysis... I just don't know if anyone would be interested outside of the Cipher group (and even then, you're cutting the group smaller, because not everyone on this board is interested in building optimal decks, only using good cards, etc. A fair number of people are just collecting them.)

General Cipher news is pretty sure thing though. Release dates for new sets, announced promos, new artbook announced, etc. Depends if you wanna try and do something else with it though.

Since I've been getting more into Cipher again lately, I'm planning to make a good in-depth tutorial for Cipher that should pretty much cover everything.

Apart from that, I think ShadowDrifter has by far the best consistent Cipher content on YouTube.

Since I've been getting more into Cipher again lately, I'm planning to make a good in-depth tutorial for Cipher that should pretty much cover everything.

Apart from that, I think ShadowDrifter has by far the best consistent Cipher content on YouTube.

Refer to the Wiki it needs more love. I've been planning to do a match with Shadow to record on youtube but I dunno if we're gonna do it still :p

Anything that can bring hope for a Cipher international release. Considering how late in the game we are chances are 0 but still.

Only 4 sets in (a year nearly), still have that slight bit of hope

Only 4 sets in (a year nearly), still have that slight bit of hope

If we don't hear any news on a international release till EU release, E3, or if there big CCG/TCG expo event during summer time it's pretty safe we're not getting it...

How does Cipher fares against its competitors in Japan btw? It's pretty sad that if it isn't MTG, Pokemon or Yugioh the CCG/TCG is very lacking on a international level ._.

Edited by FoliFF

Personally, I don't think Cipher will see an international release because the card game is only based on Fire Emblem. If it were like a card game with multiple Nintendo series, then it would have better chances of being released outside of Japan. Fire Emblem wasn't THAT popular until Awakening so a lot of the new fans won't know most of the characters cipher has to offer. Anything is possible, but it's not very likely. You can always hope though because hope will never die!

Personally, I don't think Cipher will see an international release because the card game is only based on Fire Emblem. If it were like a card game with multiple Nintendo series, then it would have better chances of being released outside of Japan. Fire Emblem wasn't THAT popular until Awakening so a lot of the new fans won't know most of the characters cipher has to offer. Anything is possible, but it's not very likely. You can always hope though because hope will never die!

I think you'd be surprised. Fire Emblem is on the rise and is becoming very popular for Nintendo. While it's no Mario, Pokemon or Zelda, Awakening sold VERY well all things considered, and Fates sold significantly better than Awakening on release (5x better I think roughly?)

It's one of their onlyfranchises that are on the rise, and not stagnant or declining. There's room for growth with FE, as Fates has shown.

Releasing Cipher in the west will capitalise on the recent incredible success the game is offering them right now, and while there will be characters people don't know, the first 4 sets are all Awakening/Fates/PoR which are all localised games.

This gives them the ability to localise other FE games and make a quick buck (1 - 6, 11) or use the card game to get people interested in older FE titles.

Don't get me wrong, I'm incredibly doubtful this game will get localised. I'd love it if it did, but I wouldn't get my hopes up...

Unless they localise it when the next FE game comes out, though that's a few years away.

That's definitely true, there'll also be the European release in a month and 2 weeks which will make the franchise sell even better.

I'm kinda praying that they announce something for Cipher's 1 year anniversary, but it's hard to expect much.

What happened with Cardfight!! Vanguard, for example, was that it was also Japan only for its first year, but with enough Western requests, it was translated into English a year later and it's only been growing.

If Cipher could go down that path, it'd be pretty amazing.

Pokemon TCG >.>

Also, the Kid Icarus cards that didn't require many localizations and were really bad in general. They're currently back on the Nintendo Online Store.

I somehow derped on Pokemon... Oh well to be fair it was Wizard of the Coast that took care off the first numbers of sets before Nintendo took over. Either way other than pokemon I haven't seen any other.

Yep, I left links to the wiki and Lackey in the descriptions of my last 2 Cipher videos, and a number of my subscribers are picking the game up actually! (despite my channel being Cardfight!! Vanguard focused)

So you're supporting...

A different fight. B)