Bad/Horrible support conversations!

Michelaar

After reading it, I have to agree that Saizo x Charlotte is awful. It almost plays like a bad back-and-forth between Internet trolls, and there are even racist implications in it, with Saizo's very first line being referring to Charlotte as "The Nohrian woman". And the S Support is so ridiculously forced. Maybe if this would have been a Support for two characters that can't marry, I could have bought it halfway, but like this it just doesn't work. It's probably a serious contender for worst character interaction in the whole series.

The odd thing is that Charlotte's other Rev-exclusive marriage (Kaden) is really, REALLY good, and quite adorable considering this is Charlotte we're talking about.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also despise Nina's because the majority of the time it revolves around her gimmick as a yaoi fangirl which gets annoying. Another one is Jakob and Felicia.

I completely agree with that, which is why I love the Kana and Nina supports, because it actually talks about her being a thief instead of being a yaoi fangirl.

If you haven't seen Kana and Nina's supports they're worth reading.

and there are even racist implications in it, with Saizo's very first line being referring to Charlotte as "The Nohrian woman".

Genuinely curious as to how that's racist at all. Charlotte is pretty notable considering how she acts and Saizo's habit of paying attention to everything that happening, and she's from Nohr. I honestly want to know how that's racist.

Genuinely curious as to how that's racist at all. Charlotte is pretty notable considering how she acts and Saizo's habit of paying attention to everything that happening, and she's from Nohr. I honestly want to know how that's racist.

It's not racist. It is an observation. He was pointing out the obvious. She is a Nohrian woman. I would call it prejudice than racist and even then, that is pushing it. It may have been a bit rude to call her that instead of her own name, which he most likely knew because he is Saizou. But it was not racist. I'mma need people to stop throwing out the word "racist" without knowing the proper definition.

I'm not going to comment on that post since I made it nearly a month ago and I don't like commenting on old posts, whether they're mine or someone else's. All I'll say is that my sentiments have changed since then and I agree that my choice of words weren't the best.

If you want to discuss this further, shoot me a PM.

Saizo x Oboro

Oboro rips his clothes off/ Saizo needs her to pick an outfit for him/ Oboro starts to ask the important questions... only for Saizo to confirm that Ryoma is in fact the person he is most loyal to. Marries her because why not, might as well give her a chance.

I really wanted to like hana but her support with corrin was so disappointing.

I wanted to like that support as well. While I don't generally like Hana as a character, I did think she was cute and wanted to romance her. Too bad the support was rubbish.

Saizou x Setsuna. Two of my favorite Hoshidan characters and their support is bad. At least when factoring in the S-rank. He confused love with disgust at her negligence as a retainer? Really? That's that bull bull.

Oboro x Jakob. The S-rank comes out of nowhere. Granted, that can be said for the majority of supports.

I like Orochi but I don't like that some of her supports include her manipulating another character into doing something for her, typically gathering herbs for her fortunes. I will admit that there are times when she is doing it out of kindness; that is, by using misdirection and reverse psychology. I could be exaggerating, though, and she only does it in one of two supports.

SilasxPieri: Trash, trash and more trash, he talks sh*t about her, she gets angry and out of nowhere, puff! Marriage!

Worst pair ever

Edited by Truffa

At first, Azura x Niles seemed pretty sweet. By all means, it's an OK support, but the S conversation was... Really not worth it, IMO. I feel like there just wasn't enough content. A lot of supports focus around one thing, but this one just felt lacking. I dunno...

And for comparison sake, did a quick and dirty translation of the S-rank from the Japanese version.

[spoiler=Comparison sake]Kanna: "Hey, Matoi!"
Matoi: "Oh? Kanna? You seem rather happy."
Kanna: "Yep! It's thanks to you teaching me, Matoi. I'm able to read difficult books too. I was happy with how Mama praised me!"
Matoi: "Heh heh...That's good."
Kanna: "You really are incredible, Matoi. I always want you to teach me!"
Matoi: "Huh? Saying that with such force behind it is rather embarrassing."
Kanna: "But, it's the truth? I have so much fun with you, Matoi. I'll even do my best with stuff I'm not good at. So, we can stay together. Because, I want to help you too, Matoi!"
Matoi: "Huh? That..."
Kanna: "I...I love you, Matoi! Does Matoi likes me?"
Matoi: "You're asking me that!"
Kanna: "Huh? I shouldn't have asked?"
Matoi: "That's not what I meant...I was shocked that you suddenly said that. But...I think I do love you, Kanna."
Kanna: "Wow! Really!?"
Matoi: "Yes. I can be free and be myself with you...I'm always laughing with you. I think it's nice if we spend every day like that."
Kanna: "I see? So, we'll be a couple!"
Matoi: "Heh heh. Indeed. But, I do have a request. Always stay with me."
Kanna: "Sure! We'll always be good friends!"
Matoi: "Yes. Thank you, Kanna!"

And my nominee for bad support would Sophie and Caeldori. The entire thing is them talking about soap, shampoo, and how they fix up their hair.

Edited by Just_Oneofakind

And my nominee for bad support would Sophie and Caeldori. The entire thing is them talking about soap, shampoo, and how they fix up their hair.

That^ also, her support with Shara/Rhajat is pretty bad too

Edited by Truffa

It's so sad how my poor Kana gets friendzoned in the localization T__T I wonder why though, because not all of Kana's support ended in friendzoning (his S with Selkie for example). If they were trying to make him not understand love 'cause he's too young, then why don't all of his supports end with being friendzoned?

Silas and Elise's support chain is cute, up until A, then the S makes me feel a bit uncomfortable... "I like you like a little sister, wait no, that was just an excuse, I actually love you as a woman", uhh...... I noped out of that S

Saizo and Felicia... was mostly Saizo bullying Felicia >__< Same with Azama and Sakura. How did those ever end in marriage??

Laslow/Hana is pretty bad. I personally liked their interaction and dedicatedly ship them as my OTP, but man their support . The entire support chain is about Laslow harassing Hana to try out lipstick. When she does try it, nothing come out from it. Nothing is learned or gained about the characters. There is no meaningful development.

Hinata/Peri is another one that is very similar to Laslow/Hana. It all about Hinata going to shop with Peri, she buys this red ribbon for him. He wears it but get made fun of by other people, so he gives it back to her.....Whut? Yeah, that is their entire support conversation and it's as stupid as it gets.

Why IS? Why did you make all the pairing that I liked have horrible support conversations?

I actually like Laslow and Hana's support. Not really in terms of character development, but I found it funny as hell. I do agree Hinata and Peri wasn't that good though. I also thought Ryoma and Camilla was especially dull compared to supports between the siblings from both kingdoms.

Corrin is literally the only person Azama isn't a complete dick to.

He's not much of a dick to Hana because he's too busy trying to avoid falling trees, haha. I always pair up Azama/Hana as a result.

He's not much of a dick to Hana because he's too busy trying to avoid falling trees, haha. I always pair up Azama/Hana as a result.

I haven't even tried that. But in the supports I've seen he's an absurdist jerk.

Corrin is literally the only person Azama isn't a complete dick to.

There's Orochi, too; I mean, he is kind of a jerk to her, but she trolls him right back, and it's actually pretty good. They deserve each other.

There's Orochi, too; I mean, he is kind of a jerk to her, but she trolls him right back, and it's actually pretty good. They deserve each other.

I liked Orochi's support with Kaze more. Maybe it's just my botched views of Azama that makes it impossible for me to see his good side.

Really, the supports I hate most are the ones that don't have a reasonable progression. For example, Soleil x Ophelia A support shouldn't even be possible after Soleil x Ophelia B support.

Basically, anything that turns from hate to love or friendship just shouldn't happen unless it's like Leo x Takumi, where we see them gradually become good friends.

And I have a personal vendetta against the any of the stalker supports that could end in romance because my sister was actually stalked by this Wal-Mart samurai type guy who was scuzzy as hell for about a year or so.

I especially hate Rhajat x Corrin S support, where stalking actually turns into a screwed up little "game".

Aside from that, I can't really think of many that I've witnessed that are terrible enough for me to make note of.

That^ also, her support with Shara/Rhajat is pretty bad too

Which one? English or Japanese?

The Japanese one had Caeldori admitting that she was jealous of Rhajat's figure and Rhajat figured to "help" Caeldori get over her insecurities with her body by making her not ashamed of showing if off with a talisman (Reverse of the Cordelia and Tharja's Summer Scramble conversation), complete with removing and putting the talisman back on.

For me the disappointing supports would be the "we're not technically married/together" the two supports I witnessed in my game was Azura x Hayato, now honestly I thought their support was pretty cute, Hayato promising Azura that he will take her to the beautiful places she talked about and together they'll make new memories, I have to say it was super cute, now basically Azura responds with " "I "I do, until then let's be good friend. We can talk about this more later" and for the rest of the s support she's basically friend-zoning him.

Now Xander is a character that I love, so when I went with my male playthrough I decided to marry Kana to Siegbert, due to my bias towards Xander and anything relating to him xD

So these two end up getting together through math and they don't even end up getting together, from what I got they were just playing pretend, I understand that Kana is one of the youngest children and siegbert most likely has to be one of the older one but still. :/

The S support just felt so awkward because Kanna is just trying to reveal her feelings and once Siegbert recognized them he then friend-zones poor Kanna and Kanna is just like well, good enough for me.

One last dissatisfying support convos for me was Avatar X Keaton

Now I love Keaton as a character and for his appearance, reason why I planned to and did marry him. So first their support convo in a way reminded me of S support Avatar X Henry from awakening, another character who I married and loved but whose convos left me disatisfied. Now I really don't know how to go into detail when it comes to this one so hopefully others will understand what I mean or explain it better then me.

Now in no way are all these the absolute worst, each one had their cute moments but these are the first ones that come to mind, with ones that just left me distasfied, especially after playing this game many times and getting a chance to see some beautiful support convos.

Edit: After taking the time to look back and read some other posts, I now see that others were able to perfectly & hilariously describe the situation with Keaton supports xD

Edited by Shadow0809