Best successes in raising Ena?

Hi everyone,

normally I tend to beat the Black Knight and get Nasir.

This time I accidentally fled from the fight and got Ena instead.

So i tried to get the best out of it and raised her instead.

Since most of my other units had already reached level 19, I used the level "Twisted Tower" for pushing Ena and the weaker rest of the team. Therefore I managed to get her from level 10 to level 16. She got a lot better, but she is still weak compared to the other non-Laguz-Units and especially while fighting against red dragons.

How far (to which level) did you get Ena?

Regards,

Sorena

If you plan to use Ena, she's one of those units you have to think of how to raise ahead of time. A lot of people run from the Black Knight for efficiency and consistency and thus receive Ena over Nasir. Honestly if I plan on using her, I will set aside BEXP for her and rig some strength levels. Her unique value is to be another potential source of damage vs Ashnard but she needs as much strength as you can get her so she can overcome his defense. You may need to even save the chapter 21 energy drop for her (if you decided to get it).

She's not very good even with all the favouritism you can give her and relying on her as an Ashnard killer is kind of a last resort for themed runs or a profoundly gimped Ike. In general laguz units in this game are weak combat units in the late game due to their fixed weapons. Ena also has poor movement and not enough con to push any mounted units even when transformed, so she's also not very good for shove/smite chains.

• 6 months later...

If you plan on raising Ena,then try to level up her throughout the game,try to flee or get Nasir,but since Ena sucks because of her Demi Band (it makes her weak if you didn't know),Take off her demi band because she is just fine without it,even though she is powerful.I think just don't use her at all,because I would rather use Ike,Soren,Oscar,Wolt.

Best bet is probably bexp abuse. Even at 20 with her averages she's still not particularly great. If you're willing to give it to her, resolve, as with any unit, also helps. Nasir's not exactly great either, but at least he starts ready to go.

On a non-gameplay note, did anyone else find it absurd/humorous how small she was compared to other dragons?

Edited by bottlegnomes