Where can I buy Cipher internationally?

nocturnal YL

Don't know if this is the suitable place to ask this, but I've run into problems trying to locate a physical copy of Cipher where I live. I would like help.

I'm in Hong Kong. I have very little experience in buying stuff online, and I've only tried Amazon and Play-Asia before. Both places don't have Cipher card packs. They have sleeves (card holders), but that's not what I was after. (I think I'm late; Play-Asia has the 5th release.)

For video game products, a local shopping centre would carry more than what I want (I bought the special editions of both FE14 and ♯FE without having to worry about stock), but I don't know anything about buying trading cards (since I haven't played any).

I'm looking for the starter pack of the 4th release. I want it for the artwork (even though they're all available online anyway).

Most people here use Amiami; links are now embedded in the discussion threads for each. I've posted set's 4 discussion thread here.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=59735

And the direct link to set 4's starter itself from Amiami.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=CARD-00000070&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_keywords%3Dfire+emblem%24pagemax%3D40%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

Edited by Draxal

• 10 months later...

I'm know I'm using an year-old post, but I had questions about AmiAmi.

I'm hunting for Series 8, but I'm a little scared about the shipping cost, so I want to weigh the options I have.

1 hour ago, Dragonknight0150 said:

I'm know I'm using an year-old post, but I had questions about AmiAmi.

I'm hunting for Series 8, but I'm a little scared about the shipping cost, so I want to weigh the options I have.

Recommended shipping method is a personal choice, but here's the tl;dr breakdown of your options:

EMS - Fastest, but also most expensive. Cards will arrive in ~3 business days.
SAL - Slowest, but also cheapest. Average shipping time is about 2 weeks, but may take longer (longest I've had is a month). Registered SAL gives you a tracking number and ~$50 worth of insurance; Unregistered SAL offers neither of those options, and thus is even cheaper.
Air Small Packet - Kind of a midway between the two other options. Faster than SAL and offers tracking and more insurance, but not as fast as EMS.
DHL - DHL is a private shipping company, kind of like UPS. As such, it works quite a lot differently than the other options, which are all handled by JP Post in Japan, and then by your local post office company in whatever country you live in. DHL is its own company and handles everything internally from the time it leaves AmiAmi to the time it reaches your door. Shipping costs and time vary based on a number of factors. For me (Netherlands), DHL is both faster and cheaper than EMS, so that is my preferred shipping method for Cipher booster boxes, but it may be different in other countries.

Also, I don't have any direct Rakuten experience, but that does seem to be the Rakuten storefront for AmiAmi, yes. However, it's not actually any cheaper; both that Rakuten listing and the AmiAmi listing for the S8 boxes are priced at ¥5010.

3 hours ago, Dragonknight0150 said:

What about shipping though? Would we have to use a courier service?

He takes care of all that, you just pay him to ship to you. He lives out on the west coast so shipping is domestic.

It may take him a week or two if he has to special order it, but there hasn't been anything he hasn't been able to get me.

Edited by ChibiToastExplosion

1 hour ago, Dragonknight0150 said:

Okay, one more question, and this is gonna sound stupid but, is there a way to calculate DHL shipping cost if I were to buy the cards from AmiAmi? I looked and looked but there's no calculator or a clear reference as how much it might on their website.

There's no easy way to estimate shipping costs ahead of time from DHL because it has a lot more variables compared to the regular post. For me (in the Netherlands), I usually use DHL when I want things quickly since it's faster and cheaper than EMS here; I paid ¥3200 for shipping from my last Cipher order (4 booster boxes and 2 packs of sleeves). Your mileage may vary in different countries; I've heard DHL is slower than EMS in the US, for example, but don't know how comparative the cost is.