I'm surprised there's not a thread on ordering cards from japan

Omegaweapon

Buy out is you buy it out lol.

Pretty much sometimes you're given an option to either bid or buy.

But unlike ebay, you can be bought out even if there's a bid. So if you want to avoid a bid war u can just buy it.

But sometimes things don't get bidded on, so it's up to you if its worth buying out or waiting. (On slick occasions a seller will put the bid and buyout the same price. It's pretty much just "buy now" only.)

I guess to answer your question on packing and shipping ; the best shipping method is EMS it's about $8-12( depends on yen rate to $).

If you're just ing trying to import 1 card at at time, you're wasting money. Shipping definitely gonna add up.

You're supposed to build up cards in the warehouse nd do a bulk shipment. I've shipped up to I think 7kg no problem. Anything more and it gets ridiculous in shipping .

Edited by Omegaweapon

I know EMS is the best option but for the smallest package is for products up to 300g. So I need about 300 grams worth of cards to maximize EMS method. That's why I wondered if there was a shipping method like air mail which ideally be cheapest and possible one of the faster method. From the looks of it there isn't so I'll simply eat the sour grape and go for a bulk shipment instead.

I mean that's the best way. The only reason the grape is sour is you have to wait. But it doesn't make sense to pay $8-12 shipping Everytime you want a card. Might as well get juiced on TCG Rep

I've had cards stay in the warehouse over 30 days till what I wanted finally arrived for a big shipment. In the end it's worth it. Just requires patience.

Ps. You dnot HAVE to maximize the weight load for EMS. You can just order what u want at the time, preferable Sr/+ card or R/+ cards. Makes no sense to just buy commons or decks. Unless you already have won some auctions and wanna add to make the shipment more worth it.

I primarily use this to purchase expensive cards for way cheaper then I would pay here and not waste my time buying boxes leaving it to chance. I'll order maybe 10-20 cards and bring it over (depending on what i may need). No need to max out the weight.

I know I don't have to maximize the weight load. I meant in terms of getting most of the shipping option with the least amount of wasted money. As for the wait... I'm used to the waiting game so no rush there.

Edited by FoliFF

So.... does anyone here have recent experience with tcgrepublic? Ordered a few cards from them on the 14th, but still haven't heard from them as of the 24th. Seems like they're making fair use of their "5-10 business day" policy, but it was in stock on their website.

So.... does anyone here have recent experience with tcgrepublic? Ordered a few cards from them on the 14th, but still haven't heard from them as of the 24th. Seems like they're making fair use of their "5-10 business day" policy, but it was in stock on their website.

They take a while to get their cards, but then they ship it via small air packet/EMS, i've bought from them several times and they always deliver, so don'r worry about it.

They take a while to get their cards, but then they ship it via small air packet/EMS, i've bought from them several times and they always deliver, so don'r worry about it.

That's good to hear I guess. How long did you have to wait before you got any kind of shipping notification from them? Because I'd planned on contacting PayPal to have them cancel my order for me on Tuesday since they didn't seem too fond of cancelling my order when I'd asked them to.

That's good to hear I guess. How long did you have to wait before you got any kind of shipping notification from them? Because I'd planned on contacting PayPal to have them cancel my order for me on Tuesday since they didn't seem too fond of cancelling my order when I'd asked them to.

Uhh my last order took a full 10 days (not business days, just days, 8th to 18th) from purchase to shipping.

Uhh my last order took a full 10 days (not business days, just days, 8th to 18th) from purchase to shipping.

That's actually... pretty quick. Not sure what cards you've purchased off of their website, but I bought a bunch of promos so maybe that's why it's taking a bit longer than usual D;

That's actually... pretty quick. Not sure what cards you've purchased off of their website, but I bought a bunch of promos so maybe that's why it's taking a bit longer than usual D;

My last order was 2 PR's, the tiki and fates special edition marth, if you got a lot of promos, they probably need time to go and get all of them where they're available.

• 2 weeks later...

Zen market is good for bulk ordering on one site (like amenity dream).

You can order maybe 100 single cards and not even get charged much shipping. Good for pricy cards.

If I did order 100 single cards from Amenity Dream with Zenmarket, does anyone know if I would be charged the 300JPY fee per card (300x100)?