FEGame - Check first post!

In the Preparations Screen, when Viewing Map...  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Press B to return to the menu? (keeping in mind B is no longer the button that speeds up the cursor)

• Yes, pressing B in FE8 was convenient!
    • No, pressing B in FE8 made it annoying!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cursed Blade: Deals 2 damage to Wielder every turn.

Now I'm gonna make some description that sound cool, but I don't have a name for.

A sword forged in the breath of a fire dragon.

A spear that has been soaked in demon blood, and become evil.

A axe with a blade like thunder.

A tome that commands the very rock beneath us.

I have a couple of characters that I would like to implement:

Bogan

Mug: coming soon

Profile: A morph from a faraway land. He's one of Silver's retainers, the other being his sister, Nadine. He is the decision-maker of the two, valuing logic above all else. However, he tries his hardest to keep emotion from clouding his judgement, making him seem cold and ruthless to others. He often acts as the Cloud Cuckoolander's Minder to Silver, much to his chagrin.

Class: Soldier that promotes into Halberdier

Join-time: Early-to-mid game, recruitment by Hero or Rolo.

Personal Skill: Feel no Pain

Deals +10 damage if he is doubled.

Silver

Mug: jnTzqjN.png

Profile: A king from a faraway land. To be blunt, he's insane. Silver is idiotic, sociopathic, brash, impulsive, and generally has no idea what he's doing. However, contrary to popular belief, he does have a method to his madness. He never lashes out at random, only to people who have wronged him or someone he cares for. People tend not to see this trend as they often run away screaming when they see him brutally murdering bandits. However, get this guy to like you, and you have a valuable ally.

Class: Swordmaster

Join-time: Late-game, talk with Bogan to recruit

Personal Skill: Killing Spree

If this unit kills an enemy, Atk/Spd +1 and crit +3 for every enemy within this unit's movement range. (Recovers 1/turn, max 5 enemies)

Edited by SilverHairedFreak25

Looks good to me! I like the idea of having to recruit a character early on, then have to use them to recruit someone else later. It should be pretty natural, too. I also like the personal skills, though Killing Spree might be tough to--okay, no, unless I figure something out, that will be tough to implement. I'll keep a note of it, but do you have another idea? Sorry ^^;

"death warehouse" doesn't make much sense for a weapon, but maybe it does, it might be funny enough to warrant using.

No

It's the best name for a weapon. Like, I've been sitting here trying to come up with interesting weapon names for weeks, and "Death Warehouse" is just so amazing I am recontemplating my existence.

And since the reason for her existence is no longer something I plan to make..

Firancas Dilyan Qenteil [Pronounciation]

i5cCqRr.pnggR6iIS5.png

Stats: 26 HP, 12 STR, 11 SKL, 6 SPD, 9 LUK, 9 DEF, 5 RES, 14 Con

Growths: 70% HP, 55% STR, 45% SKL, 30% SPD, 35% LUK, 45% DEF, 20% RES = 300%

Class: Armor Knight

Equip: Bow + any other physical (whatever is needed)

Personal Skill: Challenge (While above half HP, Atk +15% (applied after Effective Damage but before enemy defenses), but {Def/Res are decreased by 3} (or) {Avoid -30}.)

aFFrIs7.png

Giantslayer [Knights/Generals only?] [30 uses?]

10 Might, 70 Hit, 0 Crit, 14 Weight, 2-4 range, 2 Weapon EXP

A titanic bow designed for felling even the most tenacious and powerful of knights.

(2x Might vs Armors, Poisons)

asbJsMm.png (left clean/messy because I wasn't sure which one would work better. I mean, they're all pretty bleh, on second look...)

Burning Flayer [Prf] [high uses-- 40+]

Sword: 7 Might, 80 Hit, 10 Crit, 8 Weight, 1-1 range, 1 WEx

Lance: 9 Might, 70 Hit, 10 Crit, 11 Weight, 1-1 range, 1 WEx

Axe: 10 Might, 65 Hit, 10 Crit, 13 Weight, 1-1 range, 1 WEx

With a serrated edge that ignites easily, this weapon is designed to not lose its potency.

Battle Palettes:

76uhQMW.png

Level Up:

0-1 stats:

"This only whets my appetite for more brutality."

"Hardly going to get my armor colored like this!"

"Not like this..."

"I-I swear, I've got a long way to go!"

2-4 stats:

"This is within good standards."

"I've got a lot more to go!"

"Nothing will hold carnage back."

"I can't wait to redye my armor red."

5-7 stats:

"This progress has to be tested!"

"The scratches matter to me. I'll get fewer now..."

"You'd better remember this!"

"Warn them: I am coming."

After 4 stats are capped:

0-1 stats:

"Hard to improve when you're already good."

"This is my punishment for working so hard."

"I should eat some desserts so I can get stronger again."

"Considering, this is okay."

2-3 stats:

"I'm not going to stop."

"I can just soak in another battlefield."

"I should break in some recruits."

"I've still got so much more to be!"

Promotion:

"I must dye this armor, too, with the blood of the enemy."

lol i had most of this post made, three separate times, but each time I kept opening new tabs and forgetting I had already done most of it

pfff.

edit: lol quotes

Edited by Eliwan

Mythology gags, ho!

Roy's Blade: when equipped, the Wielder will always have a 90% Hit chance and a 20% Crit chance.

Oh snap bow armor yes this is good. Worth noting that I'm definitely going to nerf the weapon, because FEXNA Poison is way stronger than in GBA. But so she uses 2 weapons as an armor knight or has one unusable one in her inventory until she promotes to general or?

EDIT: Oh yeah and Roy's Blade sounds cool, too. I'm not sure if 90% hit is low enough to make up for 20% crit, I might drop it to 80 or even a tiny bit lower? But it's a neat idea.

Edited by 47948201

Corrin's Katana: Effective vs. Dragons.

Takumi's Bow: Range of 1-3.

Leo's Tome: Boosts Defense of Wielder by 4.

Xander's Blade: 1-2 Range, acts like Flux at 2 Range, Effective vs Monsters.

Ryoma's Katana: 1-2 Range, Acts like Thunder, Effective vs. Fliers.

Guess it's time for me to submit a character

Gardy

Portrait coming soon

Class: Halberdier

Join time: Early-game

Personal skill:

Lone Champion: If there are no ally's adjacent to this unit, All stats +5 (Credit to tjoracer for this one)

STATS!:

HP: 37

STR: 23

MAG: 2

SK: 27

SP: 21

LU: 32

DEF: 28

RES: 10

Starting inventory:

Killer Lance

Steel Lance

Concoction

Edited by CountessGardy

Let's get another axe user in there shall we?

Name: Christian

Class: Pirate (promotes into berserker with Hawkeye sprite)

Appearance: Joshua with black hair and an eyepatch

Recruitment chapter: A SHIP MAP (hooray). Christian, a pirate captain, is protecting his ship, The Bounty, from enemy wyvern riders and myrmidons. Joins at beginning of chapter. (You get 1,000 gold at the end of the chapter for each NPC pirate that survives the map.)

EDIT: DIALOGUE

Beginning of Chapter

Mcdoga: "Hm? Is that..."

Dominik: "Mcdoga, I would advise cauti... Christian!? Is that you?"

Christian: "Dominik? Mcdoga? What are you two doing here?"

Mcdoga: "Oh, me and Dominik are journeying with (hero) and his/her army."

Dominik: "But as we were walking along, we saw a flare!"

Mcdoga: "So, we got a boat to check it out. And we found you here!"

Christian: "Well then, I guess you've never seen my ship before! It's called the Bounty! Not a single ship sails better than her!"

Dominik: "What about the flare, though?"

Christian: "Oh, that? I needed help dealing with some attackers."

Mcdoga: "Why aren't you helping your crew out, then?"

Christian: "They can handle themselves. It's only a few dozen mercenaries they're dealing with."

Mcdoga: "A few DOZEN!?"

Dominik: "Even such a fine captain as yourself can't take on all these assailants with just a dozen men!"

Christian: "Why don't you help then? I'll pay you!"

Mcdoga: "Sure! C'mon, Dominik! Off to adventure!"

Death quote

"I guess... the winds of fate aren't with me... after all..."

Edited by mcdoga

The former sounds pretty doable, so I'll try and fit in at least one activation-skill weapon in addition to the Astra that comes with being a swordy.

My Moon Blade and Sun Blade sound good for this, right?

Worth noting that I'm definitely going to nerf the weapon, because FEXNA Poison is way stronger than in GBA.

Well now I have to ask--

How is it stronger?

Is the 2-4 range an issue?

(that was a make-archer-useful combined with make-knight-move-not-crippling, it's certainly excessive)

But so she uses 2 weapons as an armor knight or has one unusable one in her inventory until she promotes to general or?

I was thinking 2 weapons as armor knight--

because I always think 4 move is such a ridiculous penalty that the weapon diversity would be enough to make you actually want to use the unit.

But if you'd rather have her bow-locked until promotion, that sounds good too; but how would an archer get the blood of her foes splattered over her armor?

plotholes!

lol the Fates weapons being copied in, I was actually thinking of maybe including a character from Fates but really feel like I shouldn't...

Gardy sounds good, I might nerf the personal skill some, because easy 33 defense in earlygame is uhhh not for a game of this number scaling (and 32 luck, the cap is 30...) and so on, but he/and/or/she(judging by username and gender listed there, presumably he) sounds like a good Part 1 Gotoh.

Christian and his chapter both sound neat, will add to the list!

Yeah, Moon/Sun blade are basically asking to be used by a Swordmaster. How exactly Luna/Sol activation will work I'm not sure on yet--I might make several versions or something.

Yes, being able to basically deal 50% of any enemy's HP from 4 range (ie, there's no possibility of them counterattacking) is pretty crazy. It's combining an effective weapon (thankfully that part is balanced enough, since 20 mt vs armors is very good but not broken) with a powerful status and the most range of anything short of siege weapons. The general concept, though, is one I think I can work with.

(EDIT: to clarify, poison no longer deals 1-3 damage, it deals a fixed percentage of the unit's HP. I'm not sure I want to give it to the player at all except for maybe one character that basically exists for statuses, maybe a staff user?)

(EDIT2: Okay, I think it's mostly the poison that's the issue--locking the weapon to armors justifies the long range, and that it deals effective damage is a nice extra use. I might end up fiddling with the number of uses, though, or making it in a chest in her recruitment chapter or something)

Oh snap that's right O:

So yeah I mean I can definitely have two-weapon armor knights, that would be a good way for her to stand out against the others right away.

Edited by 47948201

Poison deals 50% of the enemy's HP in damage. In a single turn, or over some number of them? Is it %remaining or %maximum?

(...sorry, question-person am I.)

That's... a pretty far cry from the 1-3 damage for 3 turns that it is in GBA.

At least it is predictable..?

{If poison is that good then there's not as much use in having it have effective damage... or really anything besides its range and poison properties. It'd be ridiculous forever as weapon with that, please do nerf it so it isn't absolutely stupid.}

No worries, I'm pretty sure it does something like 10% of your maximum HP every turn for 5 turns, but I'll take a look. Actually, I'll look now. Oh shoot, it's 15% per turn for 5 turns. Yeti, why. Well, yeah, I guess that's why it's an enemy-only thing. I'll probably nerf the duration, or maybe make a couple variants of it, but yeah maybe it's best it remain an enemy-only tool.

EDIT: Klok's idea of it though is that it randomly deals up to all your remaining HP in damage but never kills you. Thought I'd point that out.

Edited by 47948201

Strength/Magic/Speed/Skill/Magic/Resistance/Luck Potion: Upon use, user temporary gains +2 to (insert stat).

Healing: A staff. Heal Everyone in a 5-tile range centered on user.

Oh yeah I forgot I can totally do buff potions other than Pure Water, will definitely add those in! And actually, the system reminds me, some of the other skill stuff might be more doable/flexible than first thought...

Well, I'll see once I get to adding mechanicstuff.

Fun fact!

Christian's chapter is somewhat based on the HMS Bounty, an 18th century vessel.

EDIT: I got portraits!

For Mcdoga post-22085-0-67114600-1459464618_thumb.jpg

For Dominik post-22085-0-55410200-1459464672_thumb.jpg

And Christian post-22085-0-26216000-1459464704_thumb.jpg

These were made by SF user Tao.

Alterations are needed though, so they have FE8 colors.

ANOTHER EDIT: If these happen to have a bad resolution, the original post can be found at http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=62667&p=4309846

Edited by mcdoga