My hacked skype is finally fixed/removed

Elieson

Today was a good day. Had to lay my nearly decade old Skype account to rest :(

info: Please wait for an agent to respond. You are currently '1' in the queue.
info: Privacy Statement
You are now chatting with 'Jana C'.
Elieson: Jana, help me please
Jana C: Hi, my name is Jana. Welcome to Skype live support!
Jana C: In any case that we lose connection you can simply click on the Chat Link below and you will be reconnected to us in no time:
Jana C: https://support.skype.com/support_selection
Jana C: With that being said, how can I be an assistance to you today?
Elieson: I have an account that was hacked.
Elieson: I would like to shut it down permanently
Jana C: I understand that your account has been hacked. I'm sorry to hear that.
Jana C: I also understand that you wish to delete that account.
Jana C: No worries, I'll do my best to help you.
Jana C: For me to assist you further, may I have your Skype name please.
Elieson: "Elieson." is the account's name
Jana C: Thanks Elieson.
Jana C: May I also have the email address associated with that account?
Elieson: I believe it is "[Redacted]"
Jana C: Thank you for that. May I know what are you using to sign in on the Skype account that has been compromised?
Elieson: A Windows 10 PC
Jana C: Are you using a username or an email address?
Elieson: That account uses a Username to log-in
Jana C: Oh I see, so the Skype account that has been hacked and you wish to be deleted is Elieson. , right?
Elieson: That's correct
Jana C: Ok Good.
Jana C: Since we need access to your account, I am going to email you a code as part of the verification process
Jana C: Once you receive a code from Microsoft, kindly post it here so that we can continue.
Jana C: Code sent.
Elieson: Alright, I'll check for it now.
Jana C: Thanks Elieson.
Elieson: 26732313
Jana C: Great! Thanks.
Jana C: Just to give you a heads up, once the cancellation process is completed, you can no longer sign in using that account. It may take up to 30 days to remove the Skype Name from the directory, during which time it will still show up in searches, which is only a technical delay.
Jana C: Also your previous Skype Name cannot be re-used if you create a new Skype account. Once we do this, we will not be able to reactivate this account for you. Would that be alright?
Elieson: That's fine with me.
Jana C: I was able to check your account and I have noticed that your Skype account is still link on your Microsoft account.
Elieson: Oh sorry, I've signed out of it.
Jana C: I suggest that you unlink it first so you could link other Skype accounts on your Microsoft account again.
Elieson: Can you do that for me? I'm unfamiliar with this process.
Jana C: Sure. no problem
Jana C: Give me a moment please.
Jana C: done.
Elieson: Thank you!
Jana C: Before we proceed, have you changed the personal information saved in your account profile?
Jana C: You will have an option to change those information to a random character so that no one can search your details within the 30 days processing period.
Elieson: I have not
Jana C: Would you like to change it first or let us just continue with the cancellation of your account?
Elieson: Just remove it please
Jana C: Ok. give me a minute to delete your account Elieson.
Jana C: We can confirm that your Skype account elieson. has now been cancelled in accordance with your request. The deactivation is effective immediately.
Jana C: Is there anything else I can help you with?
Elieson: You've been a fantastic help today!
Elieson: Thank you so much!
Jana C: Before we end our chat, I just want to confirm if I’ve resolve your concern for today?
Elieson: Yes yes yes!
Jana C: Great!

So yea if you received an IM from my "Elieson." skype in the past...12 hours, ignore it. The account is officially gone. I put in a request to remove it a while back but today I actually spoke with someone.

Just doing this since I have about 90+ skype pals from this sf on my list

Edited by Elieson

• 1 year later...

Hey Elieson, I don't know if you will ever see this message, but since I had a similar problem and also contacted Jana C. from Skype, I thought you should know that I looked you up on Skype today, to check if she actually deleted your account (and therefore if she would actually help me like she said she would) and lo and behold, this is August 17th, 2017 over a year after she said it was done, and you still show up in the search. Looks like your account wasn't deleted after all. Good luck!

elieson.jpg