[CFW ONLY!][FE:Fates]How to use Playable Chrom, Lissa & Frederick custom DLC

DeathChaos25

Sweetness...do I still have to load the Awakening assets for the new 3 characters? (I deleted the extra data and reseted all my data since Before Awakening didn't work right with the Awakening Assets installed) EDIT: Ah, I see that you made the cia size much smaller now...still not sure if I need the Awakening Assets if want to add Mikoto, Sumeragi, and King Dad- I mean Garon. And I'm not sure if the Before Awakening DLC with run correctly with the Awakening Assets, since they didn't last time...

Edited by Moondrag

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a question...

Will this make their portraits accessible in supports if we hack in loading their portraits ourselves via FEAT?

Yes! While the voiced events clips won't seem to want to work themselves, you can indeed use the portraits whenever you need them, here's an example for them joining through the castle;

cTSPcLE.pngrNnZwbN.png

O2QYCdw.pngU8Y2Xqc.png

pL1L6BT.pngFDzldK5.png

wY7zMiG.png

$a$t1$Wmusername|3$w0|$Fw1500|$w0|$Wmクロム左|7$w0|$Fi2500|$w0|$Wsクロム左|$Wa$E笑|$SvpVOICE_DLC_000_CHROM_EVT_13|It seems our paths were fated to cross\nonce more $Nu.$k$p$SvpVOICE_DLC_000_CHROM_B_SUPPORT_05|Allow me to lend my sword to your cause.$k\n$Wsクロム左|$Wd$w0|$Wmリズ|7$w0|$Wsリズ|$Wa$E怒|$SvpVOICE_DLC_000_LIZ_EVT_11|Hey no fair! I want in too!\nI'm joining and that's final!$k\n$Wsリズ|$Wd$w0|$Wmフレデリク|7$w0|$Wsフレデリク|$Wa$E笑|$SvpVOICE_DLC_000_FREDRIK_EVT_10|If milord and milady are here, then I shall\nfollow wherever they go.$k

Yep, the Before Awakening DLC still crashes when you either have the assets or/and have Chrom/Lissa/Frederick in the party. EDIT: Ok, just having the Awakening Assets causes the Before Awakening DLC to have LOTS of problems...might not wanna use it if you want to play that DLC normally.

Edited by Moondrag

Yep, the Before Awakening DLC still crashes when you either have the assets or/and have Chrom/Lissa/Frederick in the party. EDIT: Ok, just having the Awakening Assets causes the Before Awakening DLC to have LOTS of problems...might not wanna use it if you want to play that DLC normally.

You can very easily edit the Before Awakening DLC so that it knows of the assets now being global and preventing crashes, but it's not something I can distribute.

Ok, some interesting things happen when you change the awakening character's class.

I changed Fredrick and Chrom to Dark fliers. Both had a black line in their animations, and Fredrick had a flying horse...

I changed Lissa into a witch, her clothes didn't change, but her animations were the proper witch ones.

Another interesting thing is that Chrom has his own map sprite as a Dread Fighter. Did they like change something in Fates so that every character has their own map sprites for most classes? tumblr_inline_o4njb02Nru1u0fe1d_400.png

Basically, unlike Awakening, instead of every character needing a fully unique sprite for every class they are, they decided to just divide the sprites into 2, the "head" and the "body", meaning for characters, you only need to make a "head" sprite, of course, this does not mean that full body are no longer a thing, Ryoma is a full body custom, so are most playables too.

You could amiibo Lucina run one of your shops and she'll sell a weaker version of hers, that's basically Chrom's. :P

Yeah, his Falchion has an amazing 6mt.

Ok, some interesting things happen when you change the awakening character's class.

I changed Fredrick and Chrom to Dark fliers. Both had a black line in their animations, and Fredrick had a flying horse...

I changed Lissa into a witch, her clothes didn't change, but her animations were the proper witch ones.

Read the updated OP regarding fixes to both of these issues ;)

What cfw are you using? People seem to have trouble with GW cfw.

ReiNand CFW through menuhax. The emunand is on latest 10.7. I'm thinking I just bought a fake as all the CIA's are coming up invalid now. At least the SD card anyway when I Google'd the problem but my lack of experience with modding on the N3DS doesn't help.

I bought a new Japanese N3DS with Arm9Loader installed. Guy I communicated with seemed to know he's stuff. Hoping it's a legit system with a good SD card.

What is the region of the 3DS that you are trying to install the CFW on?

The DLC is US only sadly.

The 3DS is a US version.

Sorry if I sound confusing. I bought two N3DS. The first one I was describing the issue is on the US one. I bought another that was the Japanese N3DS.

Edit: I found the culprit: fake SD card. Thankfully, I was able to get a return.

Edited by Tirnoth

Hi. I'm a huge noob when it comes to hacks or anything of the sort. I was wondering if anyone could explain what a cfw is? Is it Hans? and are the Undubs the same as Hans? Also, I'm sorry in advance if there was somewhere else I could've gotten the info from. I'm new to this website as well.

Hi. I'm a huge noob when it comes to hacks or anything of the sort. I was wondering if anyone could explain what a cfw is? Is it Hans? and are the Undubs the same as Hans? Also, I'm sorry in advance if there was somewhere else I could've gotten the info from. I'm new to this website as well.

Read up on this;

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

EDIT: apparently someone already asked about CFW, so never mind about that, but still:

If I get these Hacks, could this in any way damage or disrupt ANYTHING in either my 3ds or my game? (ex: online things, Not PVP because I don't care about that)

EDIT AGAIN: Do these work in Revelation.

I know I'm being overly cautious, but I just really don't want anything messed up

Edited by Rarasaurus

Look, guys, I understand wanting to be extremely sure about hacks damaging your save/game us normal...

But the reality is, there is ALWAYS a risk when using hacks. No matter how user friendly people make it. You're just going to have to deal with that risk or not use hacks. That's all it can ever be.

We're not going to reassure you and hold your hand through the entire process. At one point, you're going to have to take the initiative and read about it.

Edited by shadowofchaos