Tyran

Kakuseijin

Guran Galan

Z GUNDAM

HYAKU SHIKI

Altron Custom, sure

that and Sandrock Custom if possible

BOSS BOROT

Well, if those are the only ones. I pick Wing Zero Custom.

I already picked some for myself. ;)

Oh you sneaky devil...

Ahh, in that case:

Nu Gundam

Shin Getter

Oh yeah, if a second pick is needed. I choose Acrobunch. Because Indiana Jones Mecha.

I'm actually quite happy with how this has turned out. There's still room for a couple people to chime in if they still want, but this (plus the Escaflowne characters) is a pretty solid core. I'll probably pick the Shin Getter's paired exclusive, just because no reason not to do so at this point.

Tallgeese and Taurus SK

Rules:

1) For the first 5 chapters, any unit may be used in combat, cast spirits, etc. If possible, kills must go to units on the roster.

2) Starting in Chapter 6, unchosen units must be loaded onto a battleship as soon as possible. If no battleship is available, units are considered free until a battleship arrives.

3) Unchosen units may only use defensive spirits during the time they are trying to reach the battleship in order to avoid being attacked (Accel, Focus, Alert, etc.). They may not use support spirits like Trust, Bless, Cheer.

4) Pilots may only be swapped from default mechs if both pilots and mechs are on the roster (e.g. Camille and Quattro could switch since I have both of them, but I couldn't put Boss in the Mazinger or Sayaka in the Boss Borot).

Units:

Ialdabaoth/Folka (Protagonist)

Argama/Bright (Battleship)

Z Gundam/Camille

Hyaku Shiki/Quattro

Methuss/Fa (Repair unit)

Boss Borot/Boss (Resupply unit)

Escaflowne/Van

Scheherazade/Allen

Shin Getter/Ryouma+Hayato+Benkei

Mecha Tekkouki/Tekkouki

Wing Zero Custom/Hiiro

Sandrock Custom/Quatre

Altron Custom/Wufei

Tallgeese III/Zechs

Tauros SK/Noin

Nu Gundam/Amuro

Acrobunch/buncha dudes

Teiring/Naria

Teiring/Eriya

Goraon/??? (Battleship)

Guran Galan/??? (Battleship)

I will be providing only minimal plot summary, because effort.

[spoiler=chapter 1 pt 1]

Qe8hTTp.png

The UC gundams chat about how things have been going since the events of the last game, and how everyone dispersed to mop up stragglers etc. Then they receive an SOS. They go to check it out.

Msn3zu8.png

Our protagonist wakes up, wondering where he is.

v0byvgS.png

Chapter 1 begins at the site of the SOS, some base starting with a J somewhere in South America, I didn't recognize the name.

J5k9Vic.png

Some asshole by the name of Arion orders the base to be razed to the ground, but becomes excited when the gundam folk show up. He's positively itching for a fight.

dtF6Xw3.png

He and his lackies refer to themselves as the Shura army, and nobody's ever heard of them before...

[spoiler=my units stats]

Z Gundam/Waverider

e8HtzDK.pngPXMbH7L.png

Wzbde1A.png2dZvx7s.png

YAVF2lM.pngsbzR5Ft.png

wo9Vktn.png8Qv23mL.png

jzPr97k.png

Hyaku Shiki

eTbJol9.png1Ad7p9k.png

7gd3xMB.pngFjTJQBL.png

QsVEdNZ.pnggjDLmw2.png

Argama

1iOZtQn.pngewiYxar.png

Zu9G1dc.png38syKep.png

lzHMYJE.pngkAU8ZAK.png

Methuss

on8zTcs.pngzoFY5aT.png

DUuvaAc.pngiKeiIOP.png

dv7xymq.png

Cgq6kG7.pngzd8nRfy.png

6YwCorA.png

JuKXk8l.png

The map with the initial unit placement. Since my goal here is to funnel kills to units on my roster, my path forward is relatively clear. Weaken the grunts with two units each, so Quattro and Camille can do the honors.

Turn 1:

2rXLXxn.pngHVNmriT.png

That was a crit, by the way.

xd6sq15.png90Rs469.png

Uq24eHy.pngBTkgQXW.png

RKbivGg.png

In order to reach with his post-move, I needed my battleship to cast Accel, so I went and did it early (out of order screenshots, I'm sorry.)

ddkTZy2.pngoyBI1cs.png

08rXqN7.pngnpJmkHc.png

vUW4ksq.pngYpR9YH8.png

Camille needed a crit to kill it turns out, but it doesn't matter since he'll be targeted on the enemy phase.

The EP:

kyq5q3b.png8n1wQIU.png

PESoKWD.pngCmA2VKh.png

Turn 2:

I realized I forgot to give you screens of the enemy units, so I booted up the chapter and went through to grab them, that's why their HP totals might be out of whack. Anyway, now that we've had a chance to wound both basic Shura grunts, here they are.

[spoiler=Shura grunts stats]

Bofry

YMp3BIv.pngOHPuxIC.png

hKYGZLI.pngLc5Mc2p.png

0SG7cml.png

Harps

xvqPbgX.pngZewy7lz.png

HxxMTMl.pngg8sBJwI.png

hBvYoi6.png

sQx7NzB.pngigE3DUC.png

Quattro cleans up the sole survivor.

LxgVs3g.pngf2vk9VO.png

Fa heals Camille.

UKzcgmA.pnglBT874o.png

I load the other gundams onto the Argama, Accel, and advance towards the base.

Turn 3:

V19eBrp.png

The protagonist makes his appearance, trashtalks the Shura people, and tells the gundams he has no beef with them, so long as they don't get in his way.

[spoiler=his stats]

2N2GgYi.pnga0OYSJQ.png

simzSKa.pngrO5UOpX.png

IBuIGgi.pngXAFkuRM.png

YcpuDNS.png

He casts Accel and parks himself to the south of the suspicious northern base.

hrp6jwl.pngRIjAGT0.png

Fa heals Bright and levels up.

tLloSXc.png2WsUzt2.png

Bright Accels and chips.

mGZkXy6.pngPC4RhwL.png

NgPzp8C.pngTs7llgP.png

Chip gundams chip, and I forgot to take the screenshots of Camille finishing off its pathetic leftover health.

BVMSy1v.png

We end the turn looking like this.

Enemy Phase starts in the next post, because image limit is a dumb.

Continued in next post.

Edited by Balcerzak

[spoiler=ch1 pt 2]

EP:

HIklwNO.png

Fernando and some goons appear up north, and it's clear protag has history with these jokers.

71jT8cA.pngRjqHAiK.png

Arion whiffs and gets whacked. His cut-in and stats are here:

[spoiler=boss 1 stats]

Agares

j5w4rnz.png

SHWbEsK.png7urYas0.png

ikEL7bH.pngRcpnWms.png

dVevAaD.png

6FaEUyL.pngurFZFNm.png

Fernando has a little more luck, being on roughly equal footing with protag. Again, cut-in and stats in the spoiler box:

[spoiler=boss 2 stats]

Valefor

aqICTEH.png

w7bDsvY.pngrnTVCkm.png

JyeoDnr.pngBuvfJnL.png

ZHyX2QW.png

N8xezU9.pngta2pKZt.png

I disable support defend and let Camille get hit, to give Fa something to do next turn.

04aqxz5.pngFKzTLGM.png

The other mook wants a piece of chip gundam 1.

E87w4k8.pngi6GpTLM.png

We then head back up north where the Harps barely scratch protag's paint, while he uses his weakest attack (to save EN) for ~half their health. Unfortunately one of them misses him, so his Will gains aren't optimal, but everything works out in the end.

Turn 4:

d2PXM4L.pngvbS0bcl.png

Fa heals Camille for some XP.

sR4H9RU.pnggBi2SWE.png

Quattro cleans up scrap.

PqtZC8G.pngv5VtYnb.png

z5jyMuo.pngFW6XuMw.png

Argama chips for Zeta to finish.

BCALTTi.png

I load my battleship with the chips.

h950Ov6.pngG0MYX6A.png

Protag is one will shy of his strongest attack, so I position him in range to use it on the counter, and weaken the Harps that was out of range.

EP:

5EjS8Va.png4MCkgX5.png

Arion has the right idea, shoot the medic. She lives, though.

WlPny5X.pngtECmr0R.png

As planned, we unload our finisher on the Fernando for juicy damage.

dg4sMOI.pngkvISlmj.png

oZjIsIo.pngjwKHt7o.png

Protag literally cannot miss or otherwise fail to kill the remaining grunts, unless I have him take evasive or defensive action (which would be dumb).

Turn 5:

WhgdVWw.pngLm8Dbn9.png

psFgxCz.png

I accidentally crit Fernando, was going to be content with an EP finish, but looks like that wasn't in the cards. The one time I tried dragging Fa up here to get him with a Luck kill it refused to double his cash, so it must be a fixed amount or I fucked up somehow. A shame, as that would be a juicy windfall this early in the game.

BLv2Wcc.pngAMqX8GS.png

eZdCksq.pngmunL41j.png

JSRxBoF.pngRRFgO76.png

w88aH8n.pngxkbWXUN.png

That gives me an excuse to use Quattro's Mercy spirit on Arion, though.

kkj3UJw.pngWzAdPZN.png

rnlRVNy.pngop4D6Mz.png

Fa doubles his not-as-substantial-but-better-than-mook money.

J9rnfDo.pngbBPkknD.png

hHhrl75.pngPCaal3Q.png

With the bad guys fleeing with their tails between their legs, the Argama folk invite protag aboard. He reluctantly agrees, and they swap stories. The Shura live for war and fighting, but he's had enough of that. He's planning to fight them solo, but is convinced that since they know this world, they'll be better guides than if he were alone. Plus they'd want to stop any rampant destruction that threatens the stability of their hard won peace. With a new threat, they figure it's best to gather some more allies, and the talk turns toward super robot research facilities...

zbSnq6Z.png

Meanwhile, Arion and Fernando work out a tentative deal of their own. Arion gets the Argama folk, allowing Fernando to focus on protag.

We assign bonus PP, look at our stats, and equip some parts.

[spoiler=administrative stuff]

BvBtaU1.pngRlboqUO.png

3acKxgW.pngd5g0HM9.png

7AJOPox.png

A0Llpl5.png

VrSoOHc.png

M0ZZSdl.pngK6bZe2L.png

Y1vfAic.pngxNnDp9O.png

eHmTLMA.png

M93D3tW.pngIVKTbsK.png

Edited by Balcerzak

Turn 5:

WhgdVWw.pngLm8Dbn9.png

psFgxCz.png

I accidentally crit Fernando, was going to be content with an EP finish, but looks like that wasn't in the cards. The one time I tried dragging Fa up here to get him with a Luck kill it refused to double his cash, so it must be a fixed amount or I fucked up somehow. A shame, as that would be a juicy windfall this early in the game.

I figured out my mistake here earlier, actually. Protag has the 強運 skill, which works differently in this game than I'm used to. Instead of just being a percentage increase in cash earned, it actually casts Luck at the start of turns when his will is 130 or above, so the 12k from Fernando was already a doubled value, meaning Fa was definitely properly using her Luck on Arion.

Anyway, I think I've tinkered together a run that works out decently well and fits my criteria for Chapter 2A. I'll put together the images tomorrow probably.

It's possible Chapter 2 could be completed in 4 turns, if I had one of the Mazinger team work on the Flying Fortress Ghoul, but that was not really plausible considering I also had to soften up the M9s. If this were a draft, I might have tried harder before giving up, but I'm honestly comfortable with my current clear.

[spoiler=chapter 2]

NibDrKX.pngTuRXtm3.png

We have a route choice available to us, and we confirm that we want to head to the Photon Energy Labs.

rLwOviA.pngWpfSjUx.png

There's a swarm of Kikaijuu for some reason, and Sayaka and Boss are on the run, lamenting that Kouji is late. He does show up though, and then they rally to try to stamp out the remnants of Dr Hell's evildoings.

LKGGLzI.png

The map is not too bad, but oddly all the action is at the top, even our reinforcements. Perhaps it's reused later, and the bottom might actually come into play? Or maybe it's from Compact 1, or 2?

[spoiler=Boss Borot stats]

jvV10bc.pngO6ubep9.png

LCDgoxM.pngaNurq4Z.png

6oyxQ7K.pnggGbjIo8.png

Boss has a crippling 1 range lock, but he's a resupplier, so there's something. Sadly, I don't think there's a pilot skill to make it postmove in this installment. Ouch!

ORVI5we.pngxLRsERJ.png

Mazinger can rocket punch from 5 range, the enemy can move 5 tiles, but only can shoot 4 tiles away. This ensures it will move, and Boss's worse durability ensures he'll be targetted.

t00vXdQ.pngHjl4Ynm.png

Sayaka has nothing better to do right now than to soften.

At this point we've weakened two of the kikaijuu types, so we can see their stats.

[spoiler=stats]

Garada K7

i97hlPl.png59wgn3y.png

bfWsvhH.pngOhlD8Di.png

Toros D7

cWgkcmi.pnglrYtT4L.png

0w9ZqrB.pngBFMSqGY.png

EP:

Vi3Xkxs.pngV7CfDjo.png

True to plan, they charge me to get in range, and target Boss like I manipulated them to do.

Turn 2:

htQ0QCi.pngNPNGdik.png

6BXAOZT.pngM0041yt.png

Sayaka heals Boss, who resupplies her. This is as decent a position to be in as any, given that Mazinger can still weaken for another K7 to suicide, and Boss can't KO the wounded D7 yet.

EP:

Zjf7Ab5.png

The K7 suicides first. I make sure Sayaka doesn't Support Defend, because Boss needs the Will he gets from taking damage.

exGX0Yp.png

The D7 suicides next, and again Sayaka doesn't Support Defend. Boss levels up off the kill, but more importantly, has earned enough Will to use his next level punch.

Turn 3:

7Nh3FJB.pngIP7h8bb.png

Super Borot punch can OHKO these scrubs, which is kind of amazing, ngl.

Jl8IWmJ.png

Mazinger continues the weakening strategy, though they need to reposition to the RHS because enemy reinforcements will appear that need to take damage.

rZGoqI3.png

Boss is quite frankly damn squishy, and needs healing badly.

EP:

5A7FamF.png

The last K7 suicide, still not letting Sayaka defend. Boss defends an attack out of his range to counter (not letting Sayaka help here either).

ifsgOlJ.pngsFjhuHn.png

Jenoba M9 have arrived, but we planned for this.

Turn 4:

P5tf6nC.png3SdZ7Sx.png

mjHwdRB.png

The cavalry arrives. There's some small talk, and the full introductions are postponed till later, but protag is quite confused by the concept of unmanned fighters. What purpose could that possibly serve, he wonders.

knsrLHE.png4Nxmd9f.png

Chip attacks.

G8s9gAR.pngK4pjGVX.png

I think that was actually a crit, but Quattro would need to crit on both this, and the EP counter (using more advanced weaponry) to take it out in one round, one of the reasons I doubt a 4 turn strat would succeed.

Oh right, we haven't shown the stats for these new kikaijuu yet, have we...

[spoiler=stats]

Rhine X1

0OAXO4H.pngm8RCrAA.png

8qWH00H.pngy2jkLuc.png

Jenoba M9

FB3Egju.pngUCsyNox.png

PTfYB3S.png29dHxqD.png

8rCY0kV.png

Boss cleans up the last Toros.

T7PmGqy.pngOIIFagU.png

I load an unneeded gundam into the battleship, accel, and chip with it instead.

SeXcoZZ.pngImtnSZU.png

Protag accels so he can reach a 1 range position, allowing him to use an EN consuming attack. This is important for next turn.

HRiOJlk.png

Camille shoots at the flying fortress, I forgot to screencap, they both get damaged, it's whatever.

ZX5U2Bi.png

Sayaka heals Boss, earning 119XP.

EP:

lPxypwB.pngw1xbJ9C.png

WMobkpg.pngzh0gZWX.png

Quattro kills two out of three, not bad.

PbQWAoy.png

Camille might have been able to kill this using Waverider's better weapon, but leaving it alive is better for XP gains since I'm doing a turn 5 anyway.

rNSt4YV.png

ThIHnek.pngo2qVRBt.png

He kills the other, though, and takes a chunk out of the boss.

Turn 5:

iMfqR3G.pngRFsLbLZ.png

The battleship unloads its main arsenal, bringing the flying fortress to critical health.

xA6CKUM.pngXOVRxGZ.png

Camille and Quattro finish their respective scraps. Camille needed the extra fight XP to level, otherwise he was 1 off.

cuNRc6b.png1AjKSPd.png

Since protag's machine doesn't fly, I needed to have it have used EN fighting, so Boss can resupply it.

VqE3Zx2.png

Sayaka heals Camille, because why not, maybe she'll hit level 10 by chapter 5?

nUQp4F5.pngOakuAEr.png

N1Owd8a.png57b9AAl.png

PFcPVEq.png

You should expect to see a lot of Fa bosskills, fair warning.

Oh right, the boss stats, huh... Oops! Here you go.

[spoiler=stats]

ClIm2fp.pngIfV6IqJ.png

JBWbkDm.pngvc6H3Ab.png

9xjW5oU.png

Mazinger team are relieved the Argama crew arrived when they did, and the postponed introductions resume.

eIA41Wi.png

When told about the Shura and asked to join up to help combating evil, Kouji and co. readily agree. A transmission from the Battler team, however, puts a stop to things, as they decide to make haste to reinforce them.

[spoiler=Postmission stats screens]

npoA10S.pngF5Y91UP.png

EQpg4ZS.pngc04x63P.png

OGBveiM.pngBAKmngJ.png

Zcl1xnC.png

WnUatBA.png9RkDuVG.png

0Nwc5Qg.png8c7UYgw.png

r7dmrzI.pngAM9TUPX.png

I might need to rearrange these equips for next stage, but initial scouting tells me I'll probably need to do a battleship ferry to get my crew into position, hence the booster there.

MEyr5ic.png

Tallgeese and Taurus SK

Sounds good. I think I'll close out the list here though. I'll probably have to bench a few of the people on the list here and there, when deployment slots get tight. I'll play that by ear when I get there, though, and I'm sure it'll depend on whose spirits I want more on any given map.

I've got a pretty good run finished on Chapter 3A, but posting it will have to wait until whenever I'm done with work tomorrow. Combattler V is a surprisingly competent unit. I'll miss it when it's no longer free.

It's hard to speculate on if the chapter could have gone faster if I allowed Combattler to get kills. I still doubt it could go toe-to-toe with both bosses and somehow shave a turn, but stranger things have happened. At any rate, I'm still saving my money for now, I'll probably do my first wave up upgrades as soon as the free period is over. I did however nab Support Attack on Folka, and I'm pouring the bonus PP onto Camille to get it on him as well. It's honestly probably going to be my first buy for most combat units with any decent movement stat/Accel, which sadly excludes Quattro. Anyway, enough rambling, get on with the update.

[spoiler=chapter 3, pt 1]

JWy0XJV.pngC16kMxI.png

The game apparently keeps you informed that you're still on part of a route split, I guess that's helpful.

uYIW0My.pngT9oKHbe.png

GgHRcnO.pngyciKoNQ.png

I know fuckall about the plot to Combattler. The dude is apparently angry because he's a robot and didn't know it, and there's some sort of tragic backstory? Anyway, Combattler arrives on scene, and the nerd subpilot tells us this is the enemy stronghold, and then a living statue shows up? I'm lost.

YDLUgo0.png

There's no enemy variety, but the map layout is kinda neat, I guess. This stage isn't super friendly to ground-locked units, though. IIRC Boss was physically incapable of attacking anything, lmao. Oops, spoilers.

Yg1G4FV.pngFnA8KUV.png

Combattler cast Guard, Accel, and ran north. Depending on which weapon he counters with he does approximately that amount of damage. I don't bother showing him hit all the dudes he tanks. Guard is super broken in this game, apparently it boosts your armor by a large amount, or something similar, instead of reducing final damage to 1/4, so every attack did 10s to him.

[spoiler=magma beast demon stats]

rk421eX.pngRmal0AO.png

zcfZOaA.pngvBxBq1L.png

EFXPw7Z.png

Another Accel later... This EP I have to defend a couple attacks because countering would kill the enemies.

MtXp5lb.pngSzJkT22.png

Sn9eyvD.pngCnn2oZL.png

Then the cavalry arrives. Protag asks if it's normal for statues to be moving around like this, but everyone assures him it's just that one that's special.

hjHOvlF.png

Almost everyone loads onto the Argama.

6IZGK0A.pngsauLCoD.png

Bright killsteals the everliving fuck out of this enemy (after Acceling to reach).

ompqkKQ.pngXYOajLC.png

aUCQxg9.pngkWiGQyl.png

Quattro and Folka also both clean up their dudes, no fuss.

0NPguWi.pngv9yuUvT.png

SDdqW0g.pngeHVh2Ti.png

Camille needs a little help from his girl for his.

nBHc7nf.png

Combattler double Vigors, to full heal. I only waste about 280 health on the second one, so no biggie.

MiqwOWD.pngDUUvppW.png

They proceed to charge the boss.

EP:

bZmfPdo.pngu7HYNUr.png

The boss fights back. I blow its single ammo, high damage 1-6 range attack that isn't Will-gated. It also does good damage to the surrounding guards, and lives due to a clutch sword cut activation.

1Td901F.pngkpn6coE.png

bXZnGqK.pngmOSfCle.png

Methuss is favored target to the other two dudes.

Turn 4:

8Hf48nO.pngjyS2xO1.png

Y6QQWFG.pngrZRUyFf.png

YbpqU24.png

We soften for Bright to Accel in, and provide a convenient unloading platform for (almost) everyone else.

fPeXv2b.pngQFL9c7T.png

G4tlbbP.pngNEWcRbj.png

Folka and Quattro kill those two that fired on Methuss last phase, continuing to advance toward the boss as they do.

5vAYsJT.pngydlHoMX.png

Camille takes down another of the guard dog trio, leaving just one and the boss.

5zuOV1f.pngJa3zrUx.png

Sayaka pops out and heals Combattler. Apparently in this game you can't use spirits from inside the battleship, nor target units with spirits if they're in the ship. Good to know in advance.

[spoiler=boss stats]

uQqxgAQ.pngLTc24Hk.png

IlTT7OV.pnggZT8nZ8.png

dbDKTWA.png

5sm2Ypw.pngG07jkc1.png

Chip gundam does a little damage to the dog, she would barely scratch the paint on the boss.

Gv2dhEO.pngHnDII9U.png

BXcEBwW.pngHsbdFY9.png

Mazinger with Combattler support though, do some nice work.

tM65FlT.pngPpMda9H.png

The other chip gundam also wastes time with the dog.

wM90lcr.png

Boss unloads, just because it'll let him resupply.

EP:

VVNR4wF.pngZYtydX6.png

gVPIuip.png

The potentially killing block is support defended by Argama. I think Mazinger support defends the dogs attack too, but I didn't cap that one.

[spoiler=Chapter 3, pt 2]Turn 5:

TgSqPLy.pngMpN63qq.png

Bright continues his killstealing streak.

v9mkN6T.pngOwICsEa.png

At some point the Methuss was actually hit by something, I don't remember when, but she needs more health to survive the boss's counter and let Combattler support finish the job. Sayaka wasn't using her SP for anything else this chapter anyway...

UyFLjOz.pngaCfGmR9.png

C9wYICC.pngc7H92A8.png

Luck+Cheer.

POZV2yp.pngdPe1nBr.png

V0GzRBu.pngx8Pvb6n.png

D77HuJf.png

fXz9ODT.pngxwEXE1V.png

When defeated, the boss calls out to Garuda, who turns on its "mother" and destroys it. Tragic backstory at work here, I guess.

EKQgZg3.png

Garuda then properly appears on the map, with three magma beasts accompanying him, and three roughly symmetrically opposite him, and throws down the gauntlet to Combattler.

o7rrplj.png5CfviWO.png

kah9BGQ.png

Quattro gets a nice bazooka crit on one of the two that can reach Fa. Less dodging she'll need to do.

SI6xn7t.pngPEATm19.png

Chip gundams, gonna chip.

MylCVMy.png

BzX23Vr.pngDjaUJFu.png

Kouji uses his full heal, gets into boss range, then chips at a magma dog.

wbTLnId.png5MabeMQ.png

Chip gundams, gonna chip.

CUaJ8Bc.pnghxtpGRy.png

WFOQB6V.pngH7nnqp7.png

Camille and Folka clean up those chips.

ih6iGlp.pngM4hpAl6.png

r4u6ts1.pngykoVMMB.png

F41ahCi.png

Combattler gets healed, resupplied, and parks itself next to Mazinger's support defense, ready to give Garuda some pain on the EP.

EP:

cF8rVWC.pnggCTPmVs.png

2caNykg.pngXYEM0yV.png

bkIfxk8.png

Combattler tries to convince Garuda to join up, fight with them, not against them, seeing as how he just destroyed the boss. He ain't having that though, and Folka remarks that pride is important for a warrior.

u3SJy4F.png5izzABC.png

Combattler was healthy enough to survive and counter the magma beast.

JeqYxKM.pngTO4qBd0.png

Fa was mobile enough to dodge hers.

rMBEeOH.png9dyvLSv.png

Quattro is a crit machine, and finishes the last one on the RHS from full health.

Turn 6:

[spoiler=garuda's stats]

bIm2y6A.pngJ1fJ1Te.png

vSWdhqR.pngikKTMgD.png

JmHx5El.png

P9808Hh.pngPpidGou.png

uJsKs8p.png3QCCkoP.png

Super chipping for great kill steal.

jot44Rd.pngUInZQOG.png

Combattler Blesses Folka.

vTpGS1h.pngZPxLHa0.png

Camille weakens Garuda.

BZs9OeV.pngLDnoFPX.png

OCDsF0h.pngQFA0Vew.png

PhF2oeq.png

I had Combattler support waiting in the wings, but apparently Folka was beast enough to not need it. The Combattler team try to convince Garuda to eject, but he decides to go down with his mech. Folka notes that, while important, pride alone won't solve anything.

vU6y55T.pngQBvhVR6.png

Combattler runs over to get healed by Fa, since this is a rout map, and isn't over yet.

CdbRvCY.pngpLGbwlD.png

v4794uf.png52AVbgP.png

This positions Fa to get resupplied and healed herself.

er8zep7.pngvirY8z1.png

DVyt2mf.pngxW9MCKP.png

Chip gundam allows Quattro to close into range and finish it with his not-as-powerful-as-the-bazooka post-move attack.

yEC7bvL.pngeapRRwn.png

Combattler wish they'd met Garuda under different circumstances, and Folka admires them as an excellent warrior.

BNKKQMO.pngEOSjBRY.png

The crew then fills them in on the situation with the Shura, and when people are wondering why they've been silent for a couple of stages, Folka mentions that they're probably gathering their forces. While they live to fight, they don't just fight for the hell of it, when they fight they aim to fight to win.

IwejfGp.pngxFvXjiW.png

On that note, the rest of the team agrees that they need to do the same and increase their fighting allies, and quickly. Combattler signs on to defend the world, and then the next order of business seems to be going to gather the Great Mazinger next.

[spoiler=administrative screenshots]

wUg0QiO.pngHt6DsJF.png

Yrn5b7B.png0VWDlaD.png

UDFlPMa.pngWtCXQOr.png

5Qfdav6.pngnhwjuei.png

Kouji is musing that it's been quite awhile since he's seen Tetsuya, but it seems the reunion will have to wait a little longer, as Noin radios in about an unusual incident. Some troops went berserk and started killing each other with friendly fire. They're not sure if it was mass hypnosis, some kind of virus, or the result of some new kind of weapon or just what happened. The area's under quarantine while researchers try to find results, and she agrees to keep the team updated on any developments.

aFkMpPg.pngaMa5Ru3.png

That's not the end of the bad news though, as reports of enemies assaulting Tokyo come in. Time to change course and battle this new threat.

[spoiler=more administrations]

N6ok8i8.pngTIXC3wq.png

LOayQYT.png

5ga8PFS.png36Sb0FJ.png

• 2 weeks later...

A 3 turn finish is conceivable if I had everybody load into the battleship so it could Accel to be sitting ready for the dragon to appear and then nuke it ASAP, but I wouldn't have killed any of the southwest, and probably not most of the eastern forces. I'm thinking the Mega Booster and Minovsky Craft will pay off later.

[spoiler=Ch 4 part 1]

G0WhoqO.pngmrb07Qf.png

BW6UJhy.png

We load into Chapter 4.

9m4xVev.png

Hitomi's over by the school and currently having some visions, she's not sure what's going on and wonders if she's dreaming or something.

GAmmI4o.png

Meanwhile, the mechs that are rampaging across Tokyo are of a like nobody has seen before.

TCKI3Bn.png1b7I4sW.png

NsAX83j.png

That doesn't stop us from transforming and rolling out.

[spoiler=here's the full map]

GkiKI8z.png

NQMQki5.png

ailBHnj.pngwZ4CDxg.png

We have our chippers gum one of the enemies close enough to death for the Argama to finish.

1XzdOcl.png

D2mrDuN.pngXMrjTkY.png

DftpNUL.png

Combattler and Z soften for protag. He learns Valor (already!)

VnA4K6s.pngABqJ59B.png

On the other front, only Mazinger can chip, due to lack of movement/range. That's okay, on the EP they come to us.

EP:

Ufu9uc6.png

We had to rig a 15% hit on Quattro so he keeps being the target, rather then them changing course for Sayaka or Boss or whoever.

vbfs5Hd.pngD81rNdF.png

During the course of EP chip work, he levels up.

NU0mGxC.png

Only one of the eastern enemies attacks, but we'd already killed over there, so that's not a surprise.

Turn 2:

[spoiler=oh right, enemy stats]

Hedrobot

eCUKBAs.pngpm9chq9.png

xC1ZMbJ.pngCV0s26K.png

Small UFO

TLQgYxQ.pngUoHE06m.png

YTmvOM8.pngif3flum.png

pfF1LZU.pngfIO03pn.png

w3pxfr8.png

Boss circles around and takes out this guy from the West, which will be important later.

GMznAq0.png

I load some chippers onto the battleship.

w71qXI1.pngRpGDEtI.png

It then takes out an enemy from above.

LxOy4JN.png

Combattler needs to Focus for 90% hitrate on the saucers.

wYW5T1z.png9PEShJX.png

GraTBJn.png

Camille cleaning up, and protag doing some damage in prep for the future.

qSlyvDB.pngpLu7fOw.png

x0yNxFK.png

Sayaka heals Quattro, gets enough XP to learn Bless. Very nice. He's still low enough to be the designated target too.

8gEMQSX.pngfUf9ysG.png

Quattro casts Focus to step up his dodge game, chips an enemy and we prepare to end.

EP:

0gl5fR5.pngCTj8FvH.png

VTOhSoF.pngO14E5fn.png

Some Z enemies show up to make nuisances of themselves. Protag is not impressed with their petty motivations for fighting.

Srzyy4H.png5JiwyVJ.png

N9wsov6.pngaMm8lJM.png

1odxwdi.pngeEBDemX.png

Quattro kills a couple, and is pretty safe for dodging here, even against the new foes.

mdX2QTL.pnghWzrNmu.png

Gawnyh7.pngUBTjPPz.png

MAxhIRO.pngnywIX6U.png

WRtL1A8.pngcSL8kDD.png

More dead chumps.

F9zFNqz.pnggZFX7aC.png

The eastern front is mostly looking exchanges like this.

AGeWbsq.pngfdJSC5c.png

0mPHPbt.png

Mazinger tanks this hit, this was planned in advance.

Turn 3:

7b0MJND.pngAbAj0K6.png

Van suddenly appears up by Hitomi's school; to her it feels like her dream is coming to life or something.

S5RhQ9Y.png

Protag thinks the sudden appearance is similar to how he himself arrived in this world.

PsK9hpL.png

After some back and forth, Van introduces himself, then suddenly tells Hitomi to run, the earth dragon is coming. When it arrives, Protag is even more sure that just like with himself, these two have come from another world.

MFborUu.png85HyNmy.png

Van succeeds in drawing the dragon's attention to himself, and then we are back in control of the action.

[spoiler=first, some enemy stats]

Hambrabi

jbDy5ZG.pngdYP52AC.png

bi3iUGJ.pngL1ZQSmQ.png

Baund Doc

uT8glkz.pngT2HdoEG.png

ozo9P5P.png5kKK9Ms.png

Hambrabi MA

HYoPvFG.pngObR2rJn.png

cRjWqu3.pngMCoY6cf.png

Hambrabi MA (boss)

SKmWP81.pngy3DhZ1G.png

usIu1QW.png5R9f2R7.png

Earth Dragon

gLT57zk.pngWfSeWtz.png

azHh4ap.pngBtSdx95.png

[spoiler=Van's stats]

W4ZhIKZ.png2PFcmyH.png

x1mimPA.pngVJ3YlfK.png

UfzaFgO.png

[spoiler=ch4 pt2]eP9TcHQ.pngsLAh4Pp.png

Quattro Focuses, stands next to Boss, and chips away at the boss.

pQgQ51o.png

Mazinger helps out by punching the gundam enemy that Quattro didn't have enough EN to bazooka.

Nyu0G31.png9bG8XK6.png

JS5qNsQ.pnga8fGmSZ.png

Heals and resupplies.

ISe3mH3.pnguqLxCg0.png

PpzlTM3.png7kmGDbK.png

Continuing to plug away at the right side as well.

Q0xsexc.png

GGXRAKr.pnga7qPDzk.png

Combattler chips something that will end up attacking Fa on EP, it wasn't really possible to both heal, and have her not a target, so it's whatever. Protag keeps putting in work as well.

HZsKYOq.png

Argama Accels their way toward where Van will need help.

pnGb9HI.png

Speaking of, he casts Gain, and positions himself so the Dragon has less defense bonus when it runs up to attack him, and is still going to be in range of the reinforcements.

EP:

LxOr0Zo.pngpvsOzPg.png

Again, Mazinger is tanking.

JGeSIqb.pngMc5x9k0.png

Van crits here, but it's not needed, I have enough damage loaded in the Argama.

qXIA6RN.pngRcJf7G6.png

9BN4sFN.pngoggSUaR.png

VPQO0RG.png1LM1RoU.png

Quattro would have been three for three if he had more EN.

tOLuvwm.png

2P87mEd.pngXEV95Bp.png

Combattler only has 1 ammo for the range it's being attacked at, so I have to save it for the boss.

4EAHrCx.png2zrJhjz.png

Fa was attacked like we knew would happen.

Turn 4:

LyrrX8h.pngLeD3NFu.png

FdHF4Zi.pnggFuRzi9.png

I'm making use of protag's Support Attack already. The hardest part about this was resetting to avoid a critkill.

jiZriQ0.pngEVgJalV.png

PPklIb6.pngT61J4Fb.png

VSmNXjC.png

Fa does the standard Luck finish, and picks up the boss's loot. Of course, he runs away to fight another day.

SLWGFjv.png

Protag cleans up the last scrap from the eastern group.

kJygdMp.png

We soften up the dragon to ridiculous levels.

q92gZJL.png

QiB9Q7c.pngn9uV5l3.png

VVfkRWp.pngLAVSzIm.png

fKO5icE.pngYv67kFJ.png

Buff city.

tClL45w.pngLUkTMjx.png

UPNu8oL.png2FDYdKL.png

f3e3pYc.png

Quattro takes care of his boss.

gIjgGx0.png

Boss cleans up the scrap.

Bx5t1f4.pngIS9lKXX.png

Well, might as well earn some XP with Sayaka, it encourages good habits.

jqfZYE2.pngc6v0Ztr.png

kBzwYtm.png

Van does the honors on the dragon.

p52ka1c.png

Now that there's a little more time for introductions, protag asks Van more questions about how he arrived here and the flash of light that accompanied the transition. He's initially confused, but then remembers back when he was fighting the dragon beforehand. He explains he needed to kill the dragon to take its energist, and when everyone else looks confused he asks how everyone else's Guymelefs move if they don't have any. The whole typical "wait, your mechs don't work like our mechs" schtick.

UkPMuA0.png

At about this time, the energist flashes and everyone is enveloped in white light.

wkSiH3S.pngIqSZn5A.png

KoBLhsY.png17qGpUC.png

gndu5Xj.pngejHOBbc.png

drSUjWR.png

I'm pumping up Camille to get to that Support Attack as I mentioned before.

dev1pau.png410tfbK.png

WMSM90d.pngpgxYk5R.png

We're treated to a little interlude here with some folks we've not yet scene. There's some discussion about the arrival of a new batch of surface dwellers, in robots unlike any they've seen before. There's talk about some Drake fellow, and while they're happy to have gotten to the surface dwellers before he has, they have to wonder if he knows what's going on. It's also a little unsure how they got here with such a big ship, an "Aura Lord" as they called it, without relying on an E Ferario. One of them is a little pissy, and thinks the surface dwellers should just sod off to the surface.

k2p1yrs.png3FknoqK.png

vGP6RoH.png

There's an offscreen exchange between two shadowy bad guys, one a big shot, the other obviously a peon. There's was a reference to Fernando, a discussion about ambition, and an inner monologue about needing to get power to heal his wounds.

EIiDrSy.png

After making sure everyone is okay, the next step is figuring out where they are. It's obviously not Fanelia, as the Mystic Moon can't be seen in the sky.

xaHJOzv.pngVoD5j8N.png

The discussion goes to what Van plans to do next and he's like "Me? That wasn't your doing?"

XBbGJDn.pngmSrIyPV.png

At this point, Maybell comes up and explains this isn't the surface, it's actually a world between the sea and the land, named Byston Well. Apparently there was a big earthquake a few days back, and ever since, a bunch of people from other worlds have been showing up. They explain that they're fighting a man named Drake, and they ask if they'll be willing to join them.

rEe6v3T.png

Van's not happy about that idea, as now that he's finally got an energist, he needs to hurry back to Fanelia.

CnOqR9D.pngLw3pJww.png

Hitomi speaks up around here, and everyone is surprised she got dragged along as well, with the gundam folks promising to protect her, as she's just a civilian.

KWv3hqr.pngARF7vLx.png

There's some discussion about whether it's possible to use the energist to travel worlds, or if they need to seek out an E Ferario, one of which is coincidentally a captive of Drake.

DxjD4mS.png

Van refuses to budge, and says if the energist can do it, he'll make it do it. It's the proof of kingship he was seeking, after all. Everyone's surprised to hear he's a king, and he has to admit he hasn't quite been crowned yet, but if it's his fault they've all gotten wrapped up in this, he'll search for a way to return them to their home after he gets back to Fanelia.

ZQUxuXH.pngwPmh4lR.png

With two ways to choose from, we have our route split here, and obviously I'm way more invested in Escaflowne.

11JHJQC.pnga5TK4O4.png

The energist flashes again, and there's something going on with Hitomi's pendant. Then the fiesty fairy from the Aura Battlers team exclaims that they've vanished.

H5ibIxn.png2pdTsE3.png

When they arrive, it's a big surprise to most of the team, the Earth is hanging in the sky, and Van is referring to it as the Mystic Moon. There's some puzzle and disbelief about that. Could they just fly their spaceship home, why had Van's world, Gaia, never been discovered if that was the case, etc. Turns out it's just a mirage of the Earth, according to the sensors, nothing more than an image. Truly a Mystic Moon. Hitomi wonders just why her pendant acted up earlier, and everyone is a little bristly and in a hurry to get home. Van doesn't know how he made the energist work, but he promises to search for a way, but first, as long as they're here, they should make their way to Fanelia.

Xr3sOhE.pngZxqIYVW.png

79ndr2S.pngVLUje7b.png

1azqXCf.pngVU0oU0L.png

gfYgg7H.png

I'm testing out these part equips, see if they work or not.

• 2 weeks later...

This is one of the weirder chapters I've ever played. It was essentially two unconnected chapters stapled together, lol. Acrobunch can't take down either goblin boss, it's 100% impossible, they have too much health and the 2 turn limit is just lol. The Stealth Mantle effect of the Alseides is terrible. I'm not sure, but it seems to activate more than normal when they're at lower health.

[spoiler=ch5 pt 1]

gioLkTU.pngjRsIVLG.png

bSuAHBf.png

Looks like we're officially in Scene 2 now, as the previous chapters no longer display on the list.

vPARjq3.pngXSj5CM8.png

ZS3RMgD.png

Acrobunch got sucked into planes-jumping just like a lot of other folk have, and so have some goblin enemies who have beef with them. There's a lot of humorous in-banter between Papa and his kids, then the chapter actually begins.

[spoiler=the map]

NUV1kRJ.png

[spoiler=acrobunch stats]

Pe9gYFR.pngvB1zoyz.png

ZoyqQPm.pngPQWaki1.png

HsGZLZX.png75iUdiI.png

FEFsm6m.pngSu0qEVa.png

tGvHY3F.png

Fk3auHt.pngqw0yTZC.png

[spoiler=enemy stats]

Ceramic

oe3BI72.pngcdKrzqB.png

gIkOD41.pngBzLt22M.png

9cRHq0M.png

Keradus

IYibXZ7.pngPNPaafd.png

gGvzXIe.png8w2M7he.png

XRnEKQK.png

Diranos

afhoCSQ.pngHsmEXGO.png

2nB5UyG.pnggSuAT3v.png

eWA5iez.png

edaJPFO.png

We cast Valor for some extra Will, and I think we cast Strike to make sure we didn't miss. Also Accel and Gain, to get into position and for better XP.

eQ1NOee.pngS6gQhVo.png

Example damage based on ranged vs 1 range. One of the enemies can't reach us for softening this turn, which resulted in quite the conundrum. Luckily, it was solvable.

KoGNu2c.pnglw2vRv5.png

saEnyte.png

We buff up and move to this location. We do not attack. In this location we are in range to get hit by the lower boss, but not the upper boss. The upper boss would have attacked before a mook and stolen the buffs, but I believe I needed the Acrobunch to get hit for more Will (or maybe it was to level, I'm pretty sure it was something).

GYGGPah.pngqsIGfY6.png

We take out two of the mooks, I forgot the kill capture on the second, but it's an excuse to show you the battle window, I suppose.

Byj4QcX.png

After tanking the boss's hit, Acrobunch levels up all its pilots. One learns a new spirit.

lwWJdQI.pngwNe5xYH.png

BaRfEkN.png7SVXMSe.png

We kill the wounded guy, and have worked things out so that we can crit that final, unharmed mook, thankfully.

SJDCXEW.pngBoTyzY4.png

One of the goblins wants to hurry up and take care of acrobunch, but the other senses a reaction from something and they run off to pursue it. After muttering something about how the goblins sure are fleet of foot, the Acrobunch is in hot pursuit themselves.

ermzGDG.pngFxp0Na2.png

atXnYMF.pngub1s3kS.png

In the nearby city, the disappearance of the combat readings is noted, and the crew wonders if there's always this much fighting in Fanelia. Van explains that, no, it's usually actually very peaceful. At about this time, he's mobbed by a catgirl who is overly attached to him, and had nearly worried to death in his absence.

mtTeUYK.pngan4sP3l.png

Van explains that he brought back the dragon's energist, and Balgas and the knights are very pleased.

QB4eH6D.pngkIeibDA.png

iHjRrqb.png

At least until some indescribable enemy attack. Balgas tells the guests to let them handle things, and instructs Van to take them to the shrine. In the one in a million chance things go south, he's to waken Escaflowne and make a contract with it.

xX16N0d.png

eravViZ.png3QChOKP.png

One of the knights gets lucky and pierces the enemy's cloaking defense, revealing it to be a guymelef. Dilandau is displeased with the failure of his subordinate. Now that they've been seen, everyone has to burn to the ground.

[spoiler=new map]c2EpZ7M.png

Turn 3 is nothing but NPC and enemy movement. LAME.

vkDDu5K.pngQxXEiY3.png

pYo3OwZ.png

Van is as impatient as we are, and wakens Escaflowne. Hitomi gets the feeling she's seen it before.

yo7pQOV.png

9alzDgY.pngd2kvQaW.png

As he leaves to join the fight, he's wondering why everyone else is following him. Quattro explains that even though it's another world here, they can't just let a city get destroyed.

ajU8GQE.pngPlUkVWg.png

6Yq0Ezq.pngjYQyC3z.png

We deploy, and there's a bit of discussion, marveling about the stealth technology, wondering if the attack has something to do with their arrival. One of the smart guys pipes up that it's more likely someone was trying to make use of Van's, the king's, absence and strike when there'd be most disorder. Protag comments on the fact that every world seems to have some folks that just lust for fighting. Bright says enough yakking, time to save the city.

[spoiler=escaflowne]

MjW8dFn.pngDzapFWA.png

RnXRIyV.png

vOoOK5W.pngqiuRJZM.png

4OqPQJ8.png

[spoiler=enemies]

HQYAaro.pngIIzeKoE.png

iyp9uiD.pnghiXW49E.png

[spoiler=finalmap]b4WBwJ3.png

28boPCL.pngTvrDj1W.png

The Alseides are dodgy as fuck, even without Stealth Mantle.

Zq95b9Z.png

M8TlNyO.pngZEznQJ8.png

JiSDwuJ.pngmO1dxYS.png

After some chipping, Camille gets a kill and levels up and collects a drop.

7Artl6j.png0WBWUkq.png

More chipping and Quattro does the same.

NPHAYRG.pngENpERj0.png

More chipping, and Boss cleans up the last thing we can get to.

6ghmN8Y.png

End of the phase.

[spoiler=ch5 pt2]

CULwQNa.png

I didn't take many screenshots on turn 5, because booking it all the way south to where the rest of the enemies had mopped up the NPCs was pretty much all I could do.

O3cnxXi.png

I get turned on, but not really whooped.

JlROUqf.pngAuB8Hwn.png

I give at least as good as I get. Thank heavens for Strike on battleships...

aiX78Jp.png

Pretty much how the EP ended.

Turn 6:

EwGAE0l.pngf5omvY3.png

SZlFUfC.png

Fa Luck kill, with a little Support Attack to make it happen.

NxNlEZq.png1Nh0c0L.png

Boss struggles to hit the target, but enough reloads and it goes down.

WPEV630.pngbQ1JhNd.png

06Dz6uq.pngIL66Sac.png

Mc4XTpO.png

Too much SP on Accel, not enough for Strike :( Bless/Cheer though :)

kOrrler.pngIXEPZ9u.png

Taking 'em down one by one.

Kl2xIU3.pngTArOkOD.png

bLpbO6j.pngpx0waCg.png

Bless/Gain support helping Van at least get any action this map, lol.

GemsYpr.pngAmlYrNB.png

QMyQUNW.pngNm6PGrJ.png

More kills.

EP:

aZ2WEv2.pngpGDrE5M.png

5QQQbhN.png

I only had one straggler to deal with, thankfully. That's all but the post mission talkie bits.

hKoYOJm.png6aoj3vh.png

Dilandau is frustrated by his troops' inability to deal, and they bluster back about how there were unexpected circumstances.

sTQX64F.pngy2vJVyb.png

Balgas tells Van to take the guest and flee, but the young king is loathe to turn his back on an enemy.

V5FSsAs.pngZcisMFG.png

The gundam crew attempt to convince him.

wSFXC6l.pngDExaDel.png

Dilandau won't let his prey go so easily though, but Balgas jumps in the way and says he'll need to go through him first.

gwWCHx6.png0N7pkcf.png

It doesn't go well for Balgas...

b3QfiNv.pngIajS96u.png

TQBjZ2u.pngvgmHoBl.png

91COw10.pngl0I2Vvi.png

MIje9A6.png

The spoils of bonus PP.

PCblVQv.pngdydk6Ri.png

There was apparently another flash of light and transportation, but this time they're still in Gaia, just somewhere else. Van can tell that much from the stars, at least. In the meantime, Bright is taking roll and it is discovered that Hitomi is missing. Oh shi-!

YVCUEMH.pngN16mjch.png

rjmkKv0.pngR6ntTas.png

She's currently somewhere nearby, near enough at least for Van to hear her scream as she's set upon by some unruly men. Luckily for her, Allen was nearby and saved her, but she ended up fainting.

jrebITy.pngMFVBp2r.png

wcs0usP.png

Fa, Camille, and Van get to the scene first. Assuming the worst, Van attacks. IIRC, Allen tells him swordplay is not a game, and handily defeats him.

e7pRqk8.pngO274QWB.png

PVklsv7.png

As the rest of the gang arrive, the truth comes to light, he was just saving the young lady, and heck, the actual culprit's cries can be heard as they're running off into the distance. Anyway, Allen invites them all to his estate to recover.

Eoup1lt.png

They explain the whole jumping worlds bit, and Allen seems convinced enough.

pSgp3EX.pngNwBuTDI.png

He and Hitomi get formally introduced as well, preparing for the inevitable love triangle.

DorJXfu.pngeX87Zx3.png

Everyone's eager to return to Fanelia, so Allen has to break the bad news. The catgirl is there as a refugee to back up his word, and also be just generally annoyingly clingy to Van.

imBwpGj.pngxESRPik.png

zQogKb7.pngceeV7yO.png

It's at about this time Hitomi has a premonition, and tells everybody they need to run. There's going to be another attack, just like at Fanelia. She explains she had a vision of that one too, but didn't believe it herself. She'd occasionally get premonitions ever since she was a little girl, but it seems like ever since she came to Gaia though, her premonitions have been getting stronger and stronger. I honestly don't remember why they didn't all just bug out then, tbh, maybe I missed the explanation.

OOEuQ4d.pngfkwxvLy.png

cKJS9Xg.pngNOhw3Vg.png

Some time later(?) Merle steals Hitomi's pendant and runs off, Hitomi chases her to find Van and Allen practicing swordfighting. Protag butts in a bit, angering Van who is frustrated about not knowing what to do. There's some small nuggets of advice given.

Q4PxVq4.pngbPSJpmT.png

cuH8IKH.pngz9c8eGf.png

And that's it until next time!

• 1 month later...

I actually played this level awhile ago, but forgot to upload it. It was the first chapter with only the chosen units, but it still managed to be wrapped up very quickly and efficiently. I did spend most of my money on upgrades to do so, and rearranged some of my parts for convenience's sake.

[spoiler=ch6, pt1]

[spoiler=upgrades]

aUf2XR8.png

Hyaku Shiki

e8V0zDp.png

Zeta

84JFBU2.png

Escaflowne

eTfRisx.png

Yaldabaoth

I gave the Hyaku Shiki the Minkovsky part so he could fly and use energy, allowing Boss to resupply him, and I gave my boosters to Escaflowne, so Van could go help Allen.

rYUYOhr.pngx1AvMqp.png

Welcome to Act 2.

fo4uoXz.pngUK7zl9M.png

Allen's estate is being attacked by unknown "guymelefs", and he asks the others if these were the same as the ones that invaded Fanelia.

HPrQSaX.png1p5Fiva.png

The answer on that one is "no", the crew haven't seen them before either, though Folka does sense a strange power at work here.

YqW0sAT.pngN6RJxtW.png

The enemy announce that they're part of Drake's army, which is a surprise, as that was the name of the person the Byston Well folk were up against, but there's no time to jabber over the hows or whys right now, they need to be stopped.

[spoiler=map]

CD4ylZy.png

a8aCn1E.pngNQlIMIH.png

mwbnqcY.png

After we deploy, we're treated to a brief offscreen monologue from presumably Drake himself, laughing as his plans are coming to fruition, I guess.

Anyway, we have a new unit, the Schezarade, piloted by Allen.

[spoiler=stats]

9nTWHPB.pnglSFJ4Q7.png

hlrFCAY.pngs00FJFr.png

u5F2oVT.png

It will serve us well. The enemy grunts are as follows:

[spoiler=stats]

OG4qcEq.png5ZxbFZT.png

tqNcaq9.pngwfkKTwn.png

wBvSWBV.png

Enemy reinforcements will spawn, so I spread the troops to cover where they'll arrive.

ywnK4BB.pngnudsPqj.png

Meanwhile Allen and Van head north.

Enemy Phase:

1AvqRpR.pngevEaDtf.png

Everything piles onto Allen, more or less.

Turn 2:

k33bTqb.pnggSCNggz.png

Van kills one of the mooks that was blocking Allen's path out.

yhS4VL5.png

That allows him to make valuable headway.

DqNxX7q.pngdZZfq8X.png

iHuCa2A.png

XP farming and a little further repositioning, for optimal Enemy Phase.

Enemy Phase:

c8IL0Zj.png3KKQxEE.png

It begins with reinforcements: The unseen giants led by Dilandau.

FnQUtxJ.pnghx7UAXm.png

Allen identifies them as being from Zaibach, the land's greatest empire. Zaibach has a formal treaty with Astoria, Allen's country, so some of his subordinates wonder if there'll be trouble because of this.

pNTYw6b.pngZIPlMvo.png

Dilandau's not worried for two reasons: Dead men tell know tales, and there's another unknown armed force right there, ready to be blamed for it.

PFrX3o6.pngzVJWp0J.png

For some reason this makes Drake feel like he's already won, it's just a matter of time.

zHbFndN.pngK3BFRO0.png

Dilandau's custom Alseides attacks the Zeta and eats a meaty counterattack.

hIsgUch.pngeSXyvc3.png

The Argama had cast Strike in preparation, and does enough damage to two shot, so we're all safe there.

jKBgFRW.png6V3WfkK.png

eqRSEAm.png

Allen and Van split Drake's goons.

PqgZ1f1.pnglECLV5H.png

q0NqHik.png11YK35H.png

hqYXhi1.png

Folka one-shots the three that attacked him.

xZWz67R.pngEtoB3Gx.png

Quattro does big damage to the ones that can reach him. (Though one of them triggered Double Image.)

[spoiler=ch6 pt2]

Turn 3:

[spoiler=boss stats]

AGT6g4M.pngOSq6Gyj.png

SslsNGc.pngzFJvDeg.png

c3L8U3i.pngtq1xb2S.png

Dilandau

sa2UsMY.png7nO9BhX.png

Sc0XJJh.pngiefWYfy.png

Drake's goon

P8JOeNi.png

Folka Accels over to clean-up for Quattro's miss.

kZoVoSZ.pngoi3mcq6.png

Quattro can one-shot the far away one from full health with one of his more powerful, long-range weapons.

jKa5gXg.pngk6QY4z1.png

1Bl9p5M.png3ppRdIn.png

YQQIYy8.pngTKIEuQf.png

Fa and Camille tag team to scratch Dilandau's beautiful face, which is something not soon to be forgotten! Allen has an odd feeling this won't be the last time they meet.

eMBlYvA.pngJwKLaI8.png

It takes a few loads before Boss finally manages to land the punch, but it's worth it.

IYXzcuD.png1LTjacP.png

If only Argama could afford another round of Strike.

DXH1ClJ.pngvIMgdBh.png

Camille cleans up the penultimate Alseides, there's only the wounded one by Quattro and the few of Drake's troops that remain now.

16t9WUx.pngFnUsMBW.png

Speaking of, Allen makes a beeline straight for their commander.

xda7nsy.pngyEhu8ZP.png

oFAPClG.png

Which allows Van to get off a Gained finish. There are a few words about "this is as far as I can go" from the commander, but Drake tells him to withdraw, he's done enough. He also exits the stage at this point, but the rest of the minions stick around.

7hmcmoG.png

A couple of these guys are at full health, but by this point Will is high enough that one-shotting it won't be a problem.

Enemy Phase:

pZrDcJz.png

vOFWpZa.pngAtOj9lD.png

wuddN8o.pnger8bHRq.png

5zIgXMD.pngpwiUVWc.png

Looks like I missed the screenshot for the last kill...

jCudyxp.pngkhadiDw.png

Victory, somehow our army pulled through. Van apologizes for dragging Allen into things, but the latter points out that the Drake army would have likely attacked regardless.

KaDqjJ6.pngkESpsjf.png

Bright asks what the next plan is, and Allen suggests heading to Asotria's capital.

8Wsmcjy.pngltpZvdo.png

There's a bit of an argument here with Van, who thinks that's just running away, but cooler heads prevail as Allen explains that dying a senseless death won't help Van's people or his kingdom any. As long as they have their king, they have a future.

rPr0ksZ.pngEIXfuOX.png

His speech also strikes a chord with Folka, who so far just seems to parrot pithy lines said by the rest of the cast. Hopefully he'll develop actual personality eventually. Anyway, their course set, everybody hops back on board and they're off.

[spoiler=bonus pp assignments]

seINZn9.pngs6js1Ch.png

ZizEsgp.pngroI1dtU.png

xZ6N2Yv.pngZSTbe6V.png

LeZInm9.pngKuG8xHk.png

C90Uv3F.png

When they arrive at the capital, they meet Princess Millerna, who seems to have some connection to Allen. He makes introductions all around.

N3B0wwm.pngPMlsp5a.png

Just as the crew is preparing to take a day off and rest, Meryl points out an uncomfortable fact. Hitomi is missing! Just what has happened?

[spoiler=assorted stats images]

XFdT3i9.pngAInx7UX.png

imoxuTB.png6UOvGk7.png

I only have enough money for four bars of upgrades on Shezerade. It's okay though, I can save up for a few chapters before my next wave of mechs arrive, and it looks like I should be able to manage alright for the time being with what I have.