SquareRootOfPi

Fire Emblem IV: Inheritors of the Crusade (v0.1.3 released)

12 hours ago, tirnanog said:

I know I'm way late and this has probably long been abandoned, but I just wanna say thank you. I'm a massive FE4 fan and this is not only an amazing, high quality remake but it manages to refresh the game while still feeling faithful. I'm on chapter 2 now and genuinely enjoying everything. Thanks a bunch, OP. Really. 

It's not long abandoned, he gave a post on September 1st of this year mentioning a Halloween update. 

Hello once again, it is the time of year for updates. As is the occasional tradition, I've made a video showing off the latest progress, although this one is only focused on the graphics. Give it a watch, and then come back for the rest of the update.

I hope you enjoyed the eight new work in progress portraits shown off! As the video title hints, these are (almost) all bosses from the original game. Of course, if you have a keen eye, you may notice that one of the characters is not actually a boss! That person will in fact be a new playable character, filling in for the lack of axe users.

Now, let's talk about some low-key but important gameplay changes going forward. The first is the introduction of "rusted weapons". One thing that's been worrying me in the back of my mind while working on this project is whether or not the player will ever end up in an unwinnable state. And with the repair feature, there's always the possibility that someone mismanages their funds and ends up in a situation where they have no weapons or money to buy weapons! (This has happened on someone's FE6 playthrough. Names will be withheld.) To handle this situation, the game will try to detect when you're low on money and weapons, and if you happen to be in the danger zone, you will receive a bundle of weapons free of charge! Of course, these weapons are not worth much, so don't bother selling them in an attempt to earn money.

The next change is the removal of the Restore staff. At a glance this might sound like a controversial change, but there will still be ways of curing status effects in the game. The main reason for removing the Restore staff is that it's not a very interesting item, since you only deploy it for narrow situations. Instead, healing staves will now (tentatively) act as Restore staves if the affected unit is at full health. This is still undergoing testing, so it might not stick in the long run but I believe it's a push in the right direction.

Another major change added is giving mercenaries (and heroes) waterwalking. This change is mainly to aid map design; having pirates as the only waterwalking option means there's little variety when it comes to adding seabound reinforcements. Having mercenaries as an option should shake things up a bit, and yes, this means that in future releases, Holyn will be able to swim.

To cap off the update, the Swiftspear has been changed to give the Astra skill to the wielder, instead of Clarity. It turns out that very few lance users in the game actually benefit from having +20 avoid, and having it give Astra instead gives some incentive to tweak their inventories to make the most of it.

Thanks for reading!

Daccar looks like a total tool now and I love it.

Looking forward to Holyn competing in the Jugdrali Triathalon next time I play!

This hack is about as great as Daccar's mustache so far. Gives Gen 2 Oifaye a run for his money. 10/10

Well I've played and beaten 3-3 and ive really enjoyed this game/hack so far my only real issue is chapter 1-1 with kinbois, if you .could get rid of the steel axe he uses as the hand-axe he has was the only one I could find in the game and I lost it be.cause he targeted Arden with it. It was kind of annoying to not have a ranged option for lex, but that's just a peeve of Mine. 

5 hours ago, SamP832 said:

is this hack still active?

Yep! Last update was Halloween, with no mention of stopping. 

14 hours ago, AsherCrane said:

Yep! Last update was Halloween, with no mention of stopping. 

thanks man, i really like the look of it, the best facests of the old-school shozo kaga stuff and the gba games, i'm not very good with code but anything I can do to help, i'm game