100. What would you if you read that this thread is going to have 100 more of this kind of question?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Work. You pretty much know what you're getting into since they'll tell you upfront whether or not you will work holidays and taking the job of course means you agree. Particularly this time of the year lots of businesses want people specifically to work during xmas/new years' and this past black friday, any one with a problem working those days should avoid those types of jobs.

Given what I know about the nature of my work

If my boss asked me to work on a holiday--which is extremely unlikely bordering on impossible--something must've gone really wrong with the code and I should probably give it an emergency fix

• 3 weeks later...

Probably not say a thing there and then. I'm not going to step on that land mine.

If I care enough, I'll make a note to get them something different if there's a next time. If somehow they are really upset, I may try to do something about it.

Otherwise I don't see the point in thinking too much about it because hey, a gift's a gift, and if you want something specifically, write a letter to Saint Claus because it may very well be something ridiculous and I have no intention to spoil you.

I would feel bad for them Bc I honestly really struggle with showing enthusiasm for gifts I'm not actually excited for so I understand. Just as long as I don't pick up on any mean behavior

feel bad about it and probably try to get them something else but as a "hey i got this for you too" instead of a "i noticed you didn't like my other present" because that'd make things awkward for them oops

• 1 month later...

woah super necro

one of my professors was on the council for med school interviews. he was a dirty old man that would try to break the ice with questions like "ever fuck a fat chick before?"

it really depends on the question, i would try to spin it so my answer is just as silly as the question. if i were asked something like "whats the most exotic drug you've done?" i'd probably answer something along the lines of "i dont mean to brag but i did two coffees in one day back to back." if they were serious, i'd be somewhat honest since i assume it would help my image. in the same example i'd probably mention i enjoy the occasion cigarette. 

im vcompletely pure and innocent so i would answer honestly but  only after subtly hinting that those questions r inapp to ask at an interview (if thats what u mean?)

On 2/26/2017 at 1:32 AM, Mimikyu said:

one of my professors was on the council for med school interviews. he was a dirty old man that would try to break the ice with questions like "ever fuck a fat chick before?"

How does he not get HR'd

• 10 months later...

This necro mein jules

Well, since I've witnessed some from start to finish a few times, and walked off during another times.That said, I often leave it.

More often than not, it's none of my business, so I'd have no reason to stick around