TheMoniker plays: Fire Emblem Requiem

TheMoniker

Title  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Should I play the one and only chapter of Alicia/Hector mode?

this is a pretty awesome hack, Ash story arc is really good.

I was wondering why Ash was all fine and dandy now but back in Val story arc he had trouble just using the teleport magic but hey they actually explained why at the end of chapter 11, nice.

Also Alicia is doki doki for Ash. Sorry Bran you are getting NTR'ed.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that dialogue on the prep screen is what would have been the augury woman's (Hannah?) dialogue in vanilla FE7.

And the levels of the enemies should start to increase, albeit very steadily, from this point onwards, so no more level 1 enemies all the time. Because I had so many enemies on some of the early chapters, (And because I was bad at balancing) I had to severely hold the enemies levels back.

Because of the return of one, or both of the two characters you get back?

Or it the new ones?

I never would have thought that this would be a favourite chapter of anyone's. I mean, I don't think it's awful or anything, but not a favourite either.

Thank you, it's nice to get feedback from the dev team! Honestly, "holding enemy levels back" due to there being a lot of them reminds me a lot of Dream of Five, though, granted, it did it in a MUCH more annoying way. I don't think I'll ever play that hack, sadly, particularly as I now know it's a dead project.

Time to get a bigger team in...

Requiem: Episode 13: Chapter 12: Part 1: Hollow Bandits

7uAHnEt.png

The main body of my troops is going to advance downwards without delay, while Gemma will fly to the village to grab it before the bandits do.

EMmuFtD.png

A bunch of enemies advance right at the start, but it isn't a big issue, as long as my entire team is together, we can overcome ANYTHING!

Oiqum7b.png

Gemma's almost made it to the village, but I know from the spoiler-map that things are going to come out of the village. Since there's no enemies around, let's look in the house!

Sy6VuGF.pngtNeU3wB.png

Jace who? What? Where is this Jace?

Guy: His parents left him here when he was just a boy. With no real parents to raise him, he’s grown up to be a bit of a lazy boy. Never puts any effort into anything… except maybe trying to talk to girls around the village.

Well, we have some characterization for someone we can't see. Good to know. Is he a Sain equivalent?

XdaWVn4.png

Ash gets an EXCELLENT level luring out bandits. That defense is really nice!

mZeLVgG.png

Oh, nice! Katarina and Kieran!

Katarina: Let your pure spirit enter this vessel once more to do thy bidding for all peoples of the land.

Kieran: …

Katarina: Hmm… Where are we, Sir Kieran?

Kieran: …Egardia, I think. Just at the borders.

Katarina: We should probably steer clear of anywhere too deep inland, don’t you think?

Kieran: …

Katarina: S-Sir Kieran?

XBRmvVV.pngGNZGKLv.png

I'm happy to have some of my minions back!

Katarina: I-Is that Lord Ash!?

Kieran: Looks like it…

Katarina: Thank goodness, he’s alive. Lady Valentine would surely be uplifted to see him again. …This looks like trouble though.

Please, I ask you to do whatever you can to protect him. Don’t worry for me.

Kieran: Very well.

I didn't take a picture of their stats, but they're the still the same old them. Katarina is a maximum-level healer who's too strong to use right now (Clare still takes all healing duties) and Kieran is a flier above the average power level of my units.

G6mqzGH.png

Clare finally misses magic on one of her levels. Darn.

ncAWs7K.png

NOTE: I realized that I accidentally went back to the first house and changed to the other house:

Y7b9oLV.png9kv5deF.png

Who???

Odd guy: He comes out here quite often, settling all the disputes between the townspeople. Not much of a talker though, that’s for sure.

I feel as though we weren't intended to fly Gemma out like this. It also seems like an odd way to give our new people characterization. Still better than "gameplay tips" though.

kZB7E2R.png

Oh, what? I'll have to remember that.

S8j9Jut.png

Hah! That's another shaman lured out. The enemies aren't advancing too much, so I'm doing a lot of bait-and-switch like this. Still, with two villages to worry about we can't go too slow... and there's other reasons too.

cwl1fFd.png

Oh, huh? An event?

lZU0I0j.png

I like this scene. It shows a more realistic reaction of the villages than just "oh, no there's an army outside... thanks for telling us, we didn't notice... we'll shut the flimsy wooden gate and be totally safe now...".

BPz0i33.pngld7Zesn.png

I assume this is the "lazy boy" Jace?

2uMekIn.png

Jace: Hm? What’s up?

Girl: Please, you have to do something! T-The soldiers are coming for us!

Jace: Soldiers, huh? Why are they doing that?

Girl: I have no idea! But everyone’s in a panic! Someone has to fight them off.

R79VI6k.png

Jace: That’s a big ask…

Girl: Please, Jace.

Jace: Man… I can’t say no to a pretty face like yours. I’ll handle it.

Girl: Oh, Jace, thank you so much!

JFfWJVR.png

Yeah Jace, maybe you shouldn't have agreed. You're one greenie versus an army right now.

KS6cACH.png

Jace: Hey, you’re that monk guy! Listen, you’ve gotta help me out here with this! There’s no way I can take on these soldiers by myself.

That monk guy: …Luckily, I had planned on doing just that. This injustice must be stopped.

3X5kUmD.pngAAC0wYl.png

fGR15ST.png

And this brings us up to FOUR new teammates! We're getting them fast! Let's talk about these guys.

wk1f5E5.pngygeavX3.pngiuLbkdy.png

Oh, sure, he seems to have good bases. But Jace and our other newbie both have the same problem, and that's being more of a backup than anything(at least, assuming you like varied rather than specialized teams like me). We already HAVE an important mercenary lined up: Andrei! Unless you really like mercenaries and don't want to use Nala or the other myrmidon I've been hearing about, there's no real reason to take him.

foYAjUF.pngVOqAZpV.pngf58SnGY.png

Vincent has somewhat the same problem as Jace. He isn't bad, but we already have Hawke to support Skye, and Marco's been pre-trained if we want an extra fighter. I guess you'd use him if you REALLY LIKE axes. I'll talk more about both these guys in the growths section.

QnqA2hy.png

Oh, right! I almost forgot! Katarina comes LOADED with nice items! I have to not forget I have a Shield staff. I'm sure we'll see some magical bosses soon.

L2MyCqo.png

Strength and skill. Hawke's levels so far haven't been that great.

YZnf2s2.png

We get some loot! I guess one Nosferatu wasn't enough, huh?

WmG6TbT.png

And even more! I think that's about it for droppables.

Io1pQfw.png

Alright. We're still advancing in a very line-shaped formation. We're only a little bit of enemy-butchering from Jace and Vincent.

KjtrsPa.png

Oh, hey... the village closed after they came out! If Gemma had visited it ahead of schedule, would they have come out early? Or did I miss a reward?

5Ha4WgF.png

Ow! Hey! Well, I'm sure Nala-

IzaDXuP.png

Oh, come on! Ow!

3Sv1l9h.png

Nala DOES dodge the last one, ensuring her safety, but she really should have done better!

yqsbnoZ.png

Jace and Vincent will happily attack any enemies in their range. Or charge towards enemies out of their range. Keeping them alive is the main reason to advance quickly, as they'll likely kill themselves against the horde of enemies if you choose to go super slow at the start of the chapter.

illr9kI.png

They are helpful, though. They helped Gemma get a kill!

0TMgess.png

Kieran's been approaching the bottom village while all that was going on. Just in time, too!

crtr7iA.png

I guess this would be a good note to end the episode on!

VM5rilr.png

Kieran: Hello?

IJw3GGJ.png

Girl: You’re not one of them, are you? I was so worried when I saw them nearing the village, but then it seemed as if they… lost interest. Is it safe out there yet?

Kieran: We’re handling it.

Girl: You are? Thank you so much! You should take this with you!

5BBa7cq.png

Oh, that is nice! An excellent way to finish things.

See you all next time!

GROWTHS:

Jace:

HP: 70%

Strength: 50%

Skill: 60%

Speed: 55%

Luck: 40%

Defense: 25%

Resistance: 25%

Total: 325%

As compared to Andrei, he has more luck and speed, but less HP and strength, and more resistance but less defense. I can't say for sure who is the better character, but Andrei is a main lord, so he gets favoritism by default.

Vincent:

HP: 70%

Strength: 60%

Skill: 55%

Speed: 45%

Luck: 35%

Defense: 35%

Resistance: 25%

Total: 325%

Marco was a specialized fighter compared to this guy! He's actually very balanced, so if Marco isn't getting growths in any good secondary stats, he makes an excellent backup to switch to. I'm choosing Hawke over both of them due to his support with Skye, of course.

This chapter's 2 parts have a LOT of talking. Next time we'll have even MORE words.

Jace IIRC got a base stat point shaved off (skill I think?) at some point in the past, pretty much to make sure he stays as "backup Andrei". I have had to basically use him before due to that very reason, and he's perfectly serviceable. But if both are getting their growths I find Andrei to be better. Particularly with that higher Con.

Now Vincent? Vincent is a legit option. He's an axe user that actually has speed, and doesn't lose much for that fact. If Marco or Hawke are doing amazing no reason to switch, but if they're only doing average even, it's worth giving Vincent a chapter or two to try to prove himself.

Yeah Vincent and jace are definitely replacement material, jace is a good mage killer and he's quite fast, but very frail, and Vincent is much more balanced then Marco or hawke, so he can fill in if those two are getting screwed. And once hawke gets his stride, rip everyone

I think we've got a certain "oh crap" level (and yet, one of my favourites in Requiem) before the other swordies join up. And actually, the game sorta goes wild and dumps four of them on you in the space of two chapters. They're all pretty good... so Jace unfortunately might be destined for the bench.

I didn't really bother with Vincent either, but that was more because Marco was doing well on the axe front. Although my end team was admittedly a little axe-lite, given that I ended up relying on a pair of Paladins and a Hero.

Chapter 12's kind of a lull; it's got long term significance, but it's fairly gentle in both gameplay and story terms compared to what's just passed. And after this, well...

Sry, I don't want to do any unit advertisement... but somehow I had to do it.

[spoiler=my current Hawke]
SyKmEe3.png
Ok, his res. isn't existing and his defense isn't great but I never ever have had a locked axe user with this speed yet (unless their name Is Jill Fizzard). His skill isn't bad for his class either tbh. He's like an axe myrmidon.

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

Jace IIRC got a base stat point shaved off (skill I think?) at some point in the past, pretty much to make sure he stays as "backup Andrei". I have had to basically use him before due to that very reason, and he's perfectly serviceable. But if both are getting their growths I find Andrei to be better. Particularly with that higher Con.

Now Vincent? Vincent is a legit option. He's an axe user that actually has speed, and doesn't lose much for that fact. If Marco or Hawke are doing amazing no reason to switch, but if they're only doing average even, it's worth giving Vincent a chapter or two to try to prove himself.

Thanks for the advice! I'm not sure about Vincent. I've heard lots of good things about Hawke, so I'm probably going to stick with him.

I think we've got a certain "oh crap" level (and yet, one of my favourites in Requiem) before the other swordies join up. And actually, the game sorta goes wild and dumps four of them on you in the space of two chapters. They're all pretty good... so Jace unfortunately might be destined for the bench.

I didn't really bother with Vincent either, but that was more because Marco was doing well on the axe front. Although my end team was admittedly a little axe-lite, given that I ended up relying on a pair of Paladins and a Hero.

Chapter 12's kind of a lull; it's got long term significance, but it's fairly gentle in both gameplay and story terms compared to what's just passed. And after this, well...

It's nice to get a more chill chapter after Chapter 11. It'll probably speed back up pretty quickly, though.

Sry, I don't want to do any unit advertisement... but somehow I had to do it.

[spoiler=my current Hawke]

SyKmEe3.png

Ok, his res. isn't existing and his defense isn't great but I never ever have had a locked axe user with this speed yet (unless their name Is Jill Fizzard). His skill isn't bad for his class either tbh. He's like an axe myrmidon.

Feel free to advertise all the units you want. More posts means I stay at the top of the page!

Time to stand around in...

Requiem: Episode 13: Chapter 12: Part 2: Supporting each other (Class C)

rKQdw0E.pngoS7LNAq.pngKPcRLDx.png

A lot of people were on the verge of getting levels, so let's start with everyone getting some average level-ups. Except Gemma, who had a super good level.

VILDGnQ.png

Vincent steals a kill, and all the enemies around the two are taken care of.

GAiECq7.png

Looking back, I should have used a javelin, to counter and kill the peg on enemy phase. Ah well.

9AYs9tC.png

HP and speed. Not great, but Skye's getting a ton of left-side stats. Pretty standard for nomads.

Ib92spp.png

Looks like the remaining enemies have been beaten back to the bottom areas of the map. It won't be too long until we're finished.

JrwWUMo.png

This is just a talk. Both Katarina and Kieran have one with Ash for introductory purposes.

FCQHWJt.pngMbiIqWe.png

Ash: Where did you come from?

Katarina: Sir Kieran and I were on our way out of these lands, but by some miracle, we came upon you. Are you alright?

Ash: …I’m just fine, thank you.

Katarina: I’m glad to hear it. Does this mean that you shall be returning to Lady Valentine, soon enough.

Ash: Erm… not quite yet, I’m afraid. There are things that need doing, beforehand.

Katarina: O-Oh? Then I shall accompany you, until then, if you would have me.

Ash: Sure thing.

rakDCuB.png

Now that we're introduced, I should say that this surprised me. Jace and Vincent are charging the enemy lines! Luckily, we're almost there to help them out.

jqzCLMg.png

Our team has split into two groups, to finish up this level even faster.

Tj29Ccc.pngwZ7EtFS.pngyUHzPNc.png

Phew, close one! I mean, wow. As it turns out, sending Gemma to help them was probably a bad idea, since it meant they needed to less time to advance downwards than they otherwise would have.

SXf4Jn7.png

Luckily, they're smart enough to retreat when wounded. Jace, however, stays in the fight.

RypPEtM.png

Jace instigated this. Now he'll probably die if I don't immediately help him.

RqnQRUY.png0QtHZpw.png

Some of my magic users get magic. Always helpful.

MwdC5nk.png

I thought Gemma might be able to talk to Jace since she's a pretty girl. But she can't, so I'm pulling him back until I can make the area more clear.

eVFpRzX.png

Hah! Tricked you! You could have attacked Ash or Alicia, but no, you went for my sword user!

xlMwHDY.png

And Vincent steals another kill. Let's get these losers recruited before any more happen, please.

v5Wq1Vu.png

Thanks to bait-and-switch, it looks like there's only a handful of enemies left.

GjKU91G.png

Fun fact: The unit list has a use! Page 6 tells you who can support who at any given time, like how it's alerting us now that Skye x Hawke is all ready to go. Very useful.

A9NOLiI.png

Ash can't recruit them either?

4ohxEM2.png

Oh, it's Alicia again! How many people is she going to get to recruit?

Sdhpue6.pngjmkEgJT.png

Jace: Thanks for the help.

Alicia: H-Huh? What did you just sa-

Jace: Hey, wait a minute… It’s you, isn’t it?

Jace knows Alicia?

Alicia: I’m sorry, have we met?

Jace: Nope!

7fbGfWm.png

Oh, I get it. Jace knows Alicia since she's probably a significant figure in the Egardian army. Or, she was. News doesn't travel fast, thankfully.

Jace: Well, change of plans! I’ll protect you, Alicia.

This is more or less confirmed since Alicia never said her name.

Pn0PYUE.png

Alicia: What the hell just happened?

4w56EKz.png

Now, let's get the other greenie on our side and out of danger.

Jace: Hey!

mV1vSYY.png

Jace: That’s because help has arrived. She brought a bunch of others along with her, too.

Vincent: “She”? You’ll have to forgive me, but I’m not going to accept

1vTsrYo.png

Vincent: mouth of a woman.

Hah, hah. Is this a Kent/Sain relationship?

Jace: H-Hey now, seriously… this isn’t just anyone.

cMQRG4I.png

Jace: Egardian, just like us.

Vincent: Hmph… Being Egardian doesn’t make you very trustworthy right now. Just look around you, on the battlefield.

Jace: …Trust me, she’s not like these guys.

Vincent: …I’ll be the judge of that.

cWndD0g.png

Katarina needs to start her conversation with Ash. But for Kieran, Ash needs to start it. I guess that makes sense.

vdi8Zqo.pngnOg8G9y.png

Kieran: Yes?

Ash: It’s good to see another friendly face, out in these parts. Is everyone else safe?

Kieran: How should I know?

Ash: …I just thought you might.

Kieran: I don’t.

Ash: I see… Well, if you don’t mind, I could really use someone as strong as you right now. Can I count on your assistance?

Kieran: … …

40sNkNc.png

Yeah, Kieran, no need to be so mean!

Ash: I’ll take that as a yes. How did Val ever talk to him?

Well obviously Ash, he doesn't secretly love you as much as he secretly loves Val.

6lpjaZW.png

Let's take care of that support we were looking at earlier long as we're here.

K4Qj7vi.png

Skye: Yes?

Hawke: I have to say, I’m glad that I came along to Megelar with you. If it weren’t for that, I never would have gotten all caught up in this!

Wow, that's the opposite of what most people say!

Skye: You’re welcome… but this outcome was not my intention.

Hawke: Hm?

Skye: You had left the desert without consent, brother. For eight years.

1oGvCj6.png

Skye: people live for… You no longer respect our ideals, speak our language, or fight in the same way…

Wow, Skye, this is sudden...

Hawke: Bah! So what?

OMSopjA.png

Skye: Father said that you had brought great shame upon us, and he was going to kill you, unless returned to our ways. So I arranged for you to come with me when I left for Megelar.

JNAQUvD.png

Hawke: I have to admit, that’s a good one, brother.

9pNRM9m.pngpmYykq7.png

That was... kind of heavy. I sense Skye might resent Hawke, and Hawke is certainly hardly perfect...

FL5zj0W.png

You two! I have decided you will be the ones who live, for a while at least. Everyone else is DEAD.

These enemies will never move. And now...

gOK9Bkg.png

SUPPORT FORMATION! Let's grind, starting with the combo recommended to me!

12yy1az.png

Alicia: Hey!

Ash: … What is it?

Alicia: I just want to talk. I know that we’re not exactly friends, but I’d like to be on better terms with you.

Ash: Why?

nAKaSBI.png

Ash: I’ve already told you time and time again-

Alicia: Easy now… I’m not expecting any of that.

Ash: Very well.

Alicia: I guess the first thing to ask is… Why did you bend your knee to Lord Bran? I mean, I’m glad you didn’t, but I was certain you would have killed him, back then. I know you could have.

Great first question, Alicia. And here I was expecting something like "what kind of food do you like?" or "do you prefer it when its sunny or rainy"? Just skip to the heavy stuff, I guess.

Ash: So this is about our power then?

Alicia: I know, I know, you don’t want to use those powers. “It’s too risky or whatever”. But Lord Bran killed your father, didn’t he? His country is responsible for what happened to yours.

flkVH6a.png

Alicia: regardless of whether you want to show it or not. But you’re… too calm. I’m asking you why this is.

Ash: …That wasn’t me.

Alicia: What? I didn’t catch that.

Ash: I saw no need for it. If Bran could ensure their safety, I was willing to do whatever it takes. Besides… killing Bran wouldn’t have brought back my father, and it wouldn’t stop the fighting.

Well, Ash is confirmed more level-headed than Andrei.

Alicia: Wow…

Ash: What?

Alicia: You’re quite the gentle soul, aren’t you? If I were in your shoes, I think trust would have been out of the question. So, what is it? You some sort of pacifist or something?

Ash: …Maybe so.

Alicia: All this fighting must be pretty hard on you then.

Ash: …More than you know.

Alicia: Let’s make a deal then. As long as we’re together, I’ll handle any killing we have to do.

Aww, that's-

QszdSFl.pnglyewNoI.png

Dangit, Alicia!

Ash: Goodbye, Alicia.

hLVRp4T.png

Alicia: One of these days.

pXxEF8w.png

I heard that the dialogue for the later supports didn't mesh well with the beginning of Ash mode, but that didn't feel like it went well with where they are now. Not totally out of place, but it might have been better had I gotten it back in Chapter 10.

HYy2yb9.png

Next up! I want Ash and Alicia to get an A, and Edward and Alicia to get a B, so maybe Edward and Gemma could have an A?

qp3bVSI.pngcf9oepL.png

Gemma: Give it back now!

Edward: Give what back?

Gemma: Don’t try to hide it! I know it was you, Ed!

Edward: Oh yeah? How’s that?

Gemma: ‘Cause you’re a thief, and a lousy and lying one at that.

Edward: Heh…

6cdMSus.png

Gemma: Ah-hah! So you admit that you’re a liar!

Edward: …Yep. But this time, I’m telling the truth. I’ve got no idea what you’re on about.

Gemma: Argh! I didn’t… really lose it, did I?

Edward: What did you lose?

Gemma: I-I can’t tell you.

Edward: *sigh* Alright, then I’ve got things to do. Good luck.

Support level increased?

J4SxZ8K.png

Edward: …What?

No, we aren't done?

Gemma: I take back what I said! You’re a good thief! The best!

Edward: Please… stop.

Gemma: So you’ve gotta help me find it.

Edward: That was a quick change, I have to say. But I still don’t know what “it” is, Gemma.

Gemma: It’s a, uh… a gem.

Edward: Sure…

Gemma: No, it really is! I found it back on a mission a while ago, and I haven’t had a chance to get it looked at. It’s blue, like the ocean. For now, I’ve been keeping it close to me, like a good luck charm.

Oh man, we have to find that! It's worth 5000 Gold!

Edward: A gem for Gemma, huh? Heh.

Gemma: Don’t laugh! Are you going to help me or not?

Edward: Alright, alright…

Gemma: Just tell me if you find it.

m3T9Fnu.png

We'll probably see how this turns out later.

tzGlNae.png

Gemma and Clare already have a support... if Gemma and Edward get an A, Clare and Gemma could get a B, and Katarina could get an A with Clare for a healer team... man, support calculus is hard.

e5Hkz2I.png

Nobody around is injured, and if they were, I wouldn't waste time with supports... But I think I see where this is going.

Bz9nNYu.png

Clara: A-Ah! That clothing… You’re the priestess, aren’t you?

Katarina: Sister Katarina. Don’t fret, Sister Clare, combined, we will be able to treat all the wounded.

Clare: That’s good. But, um, I’m not a Sister from the church.

Katarina: …You aren’t?

Clare: I’m just a mercenary… But I really just want to help people the best I can. I found this staff and this holy charm, and I realized that I could.

Katarina: That’s… a very admirable quality. You must be a gift from the Goddess.

Clare: A-A gift?

Katarina: My Goddess… Lady Odesste is the goddess of purity. She is filled with the desire to help those in need. If you’ve come to this life choice on your own, it is almost as if you were an embodiment of Her very spirit. I bow before you.

2vQ0ulB.png

Clare: please stand up!

Katarina: Hm?

Clare: I’m just a normal girl like you. Please, don’t do that. People will get the wrong idea.

Katarina: A-As you wish.

Clare: We should get on with helping the wounded.

p20A479.png

Now I wonder what will happen as the support increases. We'll see.

wXon2Ho.png

I wait a little while longer, and decide to stop at Turn 50. Maybe we'll be able to get some more supports next time.

jC2OPEi.png6NNWdZh.png

I finish off by getting Gemma and Clare some bad levels. Clare's is so bad that she glitches out, in fact. But, at least we're done and ready to move on!

Edited by TheMoniker

Thankfully, we have a shorter end, probably due to all the talking in the chapter.

The CHAPTER 12 CONCLUSION!

SalGGK9.png

Drake: It’s almost as if they weren’t human or something.

Alicia: I… can’t believe what we just witnessed.

Ash: Hollowed minds…

Alicia: What did you say?

Ash: O-Oh… Nothing.

Spill it, Ash! We need to know!

Alicia: Drake, can you give us a moment?

Drake: Very well.

wQFMddW.png

Ash: They definitely were human. But their minds were lost.

Alicia: Lost?

Ash: The darkness had taken it all away.

Alicia: The darkness… By that, you mean…

k2YS7O7.pngFZJSSgn.png

Hmm... this means there must be someone else who can use it, or a large group who were using it, but did one of those group projects where like three people did all the work while the rest were slackers, so they did a bad job, and then EVERYONE DIED.

I don't like group projects for this very reason.

Alicia: How is that possible? I thought you were the only one, other than me, who knew how to use it?

Ash: They’re not using it… Not all of them, at least. Something had forcefully taken their control away from them.

Ah, my first theory then.

Alicia: Losing control…

JxDwlqk.png

Ash: Perhaps…

Alicia: Ash, if there’s something you’re not telling me here…

Ash: I-I promise, there isn’t. I’m starting to remember some things, but it’s all unclear.

Alicia: …I’m sorry. I shouldn’t be getting angry at you. I just need some time. …I’m going to go and sort out the villagers.

*Alicia leaves*

Ash: There’s something I need to remember, but… what, exactly?

Meanwhile, over in the village we saved...

M5M75PM.png1pJEZI2.png

Alicia: Something wrong?

Villager: No, not at all. I just wanted to thank you for showing up to help us.

Alicia: Don’t worry about it. It would have been wrong not to step in and help out.

Villager: Everyone has been so worried since all the soldiers left. We’re all glad that you’ve come back, safely.

Alicia: …Thank you.

Villager: I’d better get going now.

GtDZyU0.png

P9TM8RB.png

Oh, right, Alicia does technically have some eternally-offscreen soldiers under her command, doesn't she? I guess this is as good a use for them as any.

Alicia: I want to at least try and keep them safe. Someone has to. …Do you think that’s a bad decision?

Ash: No, I’m just surprised. I didn’t know you cared so much about them. You’re kinder than I thought.

Alicia: I do wonder how cruel that you must think that I am… But thank you, anyway.

Ash: Have you calmed down now?

Alicia: Yeah, I guess. …What are we getting ourselves into, Ash?

Ash: I’m not quite sure. Look… I know you must be concerned for the people of Egardia, but the only place we can find any answers for ourselves is that academy. …At least for right now.

Alicia: Mm.

APvDIfY.pnglWmnmeM.png

We are near the Egardian capital. Who knows?

Ash: I can’t say. You know them better than I do, don’t you?

Alicia: Hmph. …I thought I did. And now I’ve left them alone with Lord Bran.

MKUoCMh.png

NEXT TIME: We make it to the magic academy, but find more questions than answers.

And now, to meet someone new...

The CHAPTER 13 PRELUDE!

EXQ88Tq.png

For once, I hope the title is telling the truth.

Actually, it would be pretty ironic if this title is lying to us.

2PuYQPe.png

Back in the past?

Oz7nAWn.png

Oh, excellent! It's been a while since I've seen you all.

Valentine: It’s good to be back. I’m sorry that I’ve been down in the dumps for so long. But I’m ready to get back to work.

Andrei: Anyway, what did you call us here for? You said it was important.

Isaac: A messenger from the militia

xo4LgQb.png

Isaac: But she also says she has some important information that you must hear, as well.

Valentine: Alright then. We haven’t heard from the militia for a while anyways, so something big must have happened. Let’s hear it.

Isaac: Kane.

cnzqMCy.png

Oh, her! So that's what happened. What connection does she have to all this?

Dancer girl: I see the stories about you are true, after all.

Valentine: Stories?

Dancer girl: You are a truly beautiful young woman, my lady.

2BIPJWV.png

Well, that's an odd thing to open with.

Valentine: Thank you very much. But I hear you have some news for me? Did something happen?

Dancer girl: Yes, indeed. Recently, Lord Ash and a small group were seen escaping the city.

Andrei: He escaped?

Dancer girl; Quite. In fact, the whole lot just up and disappeared into thin air.

Valentine: Thank goodness… He’s gotten away.

70X3lKl.png

Are you all in for some more dramatic irony? Because we're probably going to get some.

Isaac: The escape might not have gone as smoothly as he’d hoped. He could be injured…

Valentine: Injured…

Isaac: Of course, it’s only a theory. I’m sure he’s fine.

Valentine: No, you’re right, Isaac.

klCJLpQ.png

Andrei: Val?

Valentine: Do you remember what Uncle Rayden said about Ash’s magic?

Andrei: O-Oh, right.

Isaac: Valentine, wouldn’t it be better to wait for him to come to us? We have no idea where he is.

Valentine: I know. But if we stay here, that woman on Bran’s side could

qEJ0Aza.png

Here it is! Dramatic irony! Granted, it isn't completely incorrect.

Dancer girl: Hmm…

Isaac: We wouldn’t want that… you’re right. In fact, we should start preparing to move as soon as possible.

NG0Hlzr.png

Valentine: Thank you for delivering that message to me. That information was very helpful to me, as you can tell.

Dancer girl: Well I’m glad to have been of some help. Anyway, I’d better be on my way back to Olva.

Valentine: You sure about that?

BPmxCpN.png

New party member?

Valentine: Returning to Olva at a time like this could be dangerous. It’s a surprise you managed to get out here in the first place.

Dancer girl: That’s exactly why they sent me.

Valentine: …Huh?

Dancer girl: If you’re going to go looking for your brother, I’d start with Egardia.

Valentine: Egardia?

Dancer girl: That’s right. Trust me on that one. …Until next time, milady.

ZSVCfMI.png

Valentine: Hmm… why would Ash go to Egardia?

Andrei: Are we gonna go with that?

Valentine: Well, it’s better than anything we’ve got. And why say that unless there was some truth to it?

Andrei: …Egardia it is, then.

Well, at least they are somewhat on the same page. Speaking of Egardia...

3mKyhND.png

We're back with our main team. It looks like they made it to the Egardian city where the academy is.

Ash: Is this the place?

Alicia: Yeah, it is.

Ash: Then what’s wrong? You’ve been quiet since we’ve reached the capital.

Alicia: Didn’t you notice? This place is completely empty.

u5ZBxVx.pngRlxVLd4.pngQJTBZCe.png

The entire town's abandoned? That isn't good. In fact, it's downright creepy. We should probably leave.

Ash: I hadn’t been focusing on that. …Perhaps something happened and they all fled out to the out land villages.

Alicia: …I guess that could be true.

Ash: We’ll get to the bottom of it.

Alicia: Right… Well, we know what we came here for, so let’s get to it. Be careful, Ash.

Ash: Same to you.

23Wcbri.png

They head inside...

n8XVf4U.pngbEUvEko.png

Ash: …I won’t deny it.

Alicia: Although it was only in development at the time, this is where my journey into the world of magic begun. The place bustled with mages of all levels. …It saddens me to see it so empty.

Ash: Why do you think this place was made.

Alicia: Huh?

Ash: The new country of Egardia was founded about fourteen years ago, right? But for those first four or so years, they were a relatively quiet country, weren’t they?

Fourteen years? That's a really fast time to build a big academy in! Ash has a good point, I want to know more.

Alicia: …Yeah, I guess you could say that. But, well, they wouldn’t have wanted to do anything to draw too much attention from the other countries so soon, would they now? People were suspicious of what they might do, after all.

Ash: Which brings me back to my question. Why was building this place one of their first big moves? Why at the time? And why put so much effort into making this the largest resource for knowledge of magic?

Alicia: … …

XQJwpPz.png

Alicia: What are you getting at, exactly?

Ash: I’m just… trying to piece some things together.

Alicia: … … Well, that’s why we’re here, isn’t it? Let’s not jump to any conclusions without any evidence to speak for it.

Ash: Yes, you’re right. Let’s keep moving, Alicia.

Alicia: Right.

Another fade-in later...

1lVJXrH.pngPogzP53.png

Alicia: He was right with me a second ago. Well, he can’t have gone far, I guess.

Is one of them A MURDERER?

Oh wait, wrong plot. Never mind.

BNMjZC6.png

Wait, really? Who?

Opk08Zt.pngNPwQsk7.png

Layla and Almer! Yes! Does this mean we get the convoy back and all those items I stuffed in it?

Almer: Layla?

Layla: Huh? O-Oh sorry, I was just lost in this book here. It’s talking about the evolution of magic.

Almer: Oh?

Layla: It shows how magic has evolved through the ages, from just being simple tricks to a very new force itself. There are even details about the ancient texts that we first learned magic from!

5HtTBEj.png

You can tell Almer isn't really interested in this.

Layla: I know, I know, you don’t really get what I’m talking about.

1P90gf3.png

Layla: Oh! There were other people here after all, then. Do you… work here?

Alicia: No, I don’t. The name’s Alicia.

sx00FBT.png

Freudian slip?

Alicia: for something here. We got separated. I guess from what you said that you haven’t seen him then, either…

qWLHQYl.png

Alicia: Damn it… where on earth did he go?

Layla: Um, Alicia? Are you a mage too?

Alicia: That’s right.

Layla: I’m Layla. I came here to train.

Alicia: Train?

wYdpDYv.png

What?

Alicia: You two need to get out of here, right now. I have a really bad feeling.

Oh, no.

QVNUypV.png

Almer: Something’s not right. Do you see now, Layla?

Layla: Mmm… Alright then. Nice meeting you, Alicia.

L74y7rs.png

Layla and Almer exit through the south, leaving Alicia alone.

GLSbr8G.png

Alicia: But… it feels different somehow. And it’s closeby.

ageHoO3.pngbB65zY7.png

Is it Ash, even?

yLdrKj3.png

Nope. Alicia's whited-out text accompanies the reveal of another new character, who may help reveal the truth.

Ks9tVRd.png

Alicia: W-Who are you?

???: I am the one who shall grant your every wish.

Alicia: My… every wish?

???: Power. That’s what you want, isn’t it? Enough to be able to control your own fate, and not be at the whim of others?

???: I’m very impressed with what you’ve shown me so far, Alicia. As a result, I’m willing to bring your skills up to the next level.

Alicia: The next level, huh? …You’re right, that is what I wanted. But it’s not that simple, is it? It’ll come at the price of other people’s lives.

???: Hmm?

Alicia: We ran into some Egardian soldiers who had lost their own will before.

CqWo2F7.png

Well, that's one thing explained.

???: Hmph…

Alicia: And I guess you did the same to all the people here in the capital as well, right!?!

???: … …

Come on, respond!

1haPLWh.png

Alicia's pretty clearly rejecting him. That's good. Also, this person is using the same "mysterious power" that Ash and Alicia have been talking about, and despite Alicia being enamored with it, she's rejecting his offer. Clearly, she isn't as much under the sway of the magic as Ash thinks.

Alicia: Do you really think you can use me to help with whatever twisted plan you’re up to!? One that’s harming the innocent people of my home country? I don’t care how long you’ve been watching me, but you clearly haven’t understood a single thing about me!

fzmLovR.png

???: …How disappointing. I suppose that’s to be expected of someone who cannot hear you.

Alicia: Time’s up.

J3gIaGd.pnglo9RoB0.png

Thankfully, Alicia is not forced to reveal what she had planned after the countdown (potentially nothing).

jR58EWm.png

Ash: He had me caught in some kind of illusion. Although I hope that’s not the best you have.

???: Oh, I can assure you, even if you two work together, you cannot possible defeat me here.

Alicia: Do you want to bet on that?

???: Before you try anything stupid… answer this. Why does magic exist?

Ash: What does that have to- Fine, why don’t you tell us?

golCx1j.png

Alicia: “The Heart of Magic”, right?

???: Exactly.

Ash: We’re not going to stand here while you quote literature. Every magic student knows that. So what’s your point.

???: Because what follows after was all wrong. This dark magic is the key to understanding the truth about magic. However, we lack the means to unlock its full potential.

That doesn't sound that bad...

DukFrlc.png

NEVER MIND. HE'S EVIL.

???: And that’s why unless you choose to help me here, I

t3C2ttr.png

Ash: You’re mad! What do you think you’re going to find, exactly!

???: Hm? Don’t tell me you’ve forgotten already, Ash?

Ash: Forgotten what?

FWxEcBY.png

I know Ash's memory isn't all there yet, so I'll assume it's from his 2-year absence. I can't think of anything that we've seen that Ash is forgetting...

Alicia: Ash, don’t listen to him! And you! If you’re going to keep this up, you’re going to destroy every last person in the world! I might have wanted power, but not in such an irresponsible way!

???: So quick to reject the idea, simply because lives are at risk.

cB0oYPB.png

???: You have no idea. But you, Ash… you’re more like me than you realize. You are bound to this darkness. You desired this power, like I do, once before, remember?

ByQpVev.png

???: And that’s why you’ll help me.

Alicia: …What is he talking about?

Ash: …I don’t know. But I’ve had enough! Is this some kind of threat or something like that?

6ksEOJH.png

Ash: There’s no way I’m going to help you, and there’s no way I’m letting you continue with this.

???: … …

Ash: I might have learned as much as I could about this power once before, but you’re wrong if you think I was ever like you!

???: So, you’re both disappointments. If you won’t work with me willingly… I’ll have to force you.

Ash: Not if I can stop you here.

Alicia: Ash, wait!

ic4rzrd.png

And Ash runs up and attacks him! Why do our heroes always attack villains by themselves early?

oFuPFZD.pngOT8NkBd.png

It goes about as well as you'd expect for Ash against this Lyon clone, but thankfully he doesn't die.

NQ6cnSQ.png

Ash: W-What was… that…?

???: Haha…

7WVarJ8.png

???: This is what near mastery of these arts is like, remember? You can’t defeat me with such a weak imitation. How can you rely on something you refuse to accept?

He does sort of have a point. Ash and Alicia use this magic as utility for a lot of things.

Alicia: Ash, are you alright?

BsFmmrq.png

Ash: He’s too strong…

uDgJOU4.png

???: The clock is already ticking.

BZ5dEwQ.png0rLHVNi.png

Ash: It doesn’t feel as if he’s come after us just yet.

Alicia: Hey, just hold on to me.

Ash: Thanks… That magic attack was so powerful… I shouldn’t have even survived that.

Alicia: Ash… about what he was saying to you back there.

Ash: Yes?

Alicia: … … Actually, no, never mind.

Maybe later?

5PmBSCD.png

Drake's here! And he's probably brought the rest of our team, so the chapter can start soon.

Alicia: Drake? What are you doing in here?

Drake: A large group of those soldiers appeared all over the city. We had to retreat into here. Are you two alright?

Alicia: We won’t be if we stick around here. We’ll head to the south-east exit.

Drake: Got it.

Alicia: Ash, just hold on.

Ash: Don’t worry… I’ll make it.

9PnOWuk.png

Almer: Goodness, it really is you, isn’t it?

Ash: Sir Almer?

Alicia: You two got stuck here as well?

Layla: It’s not our fault!

Ash: I’m sorry, you two. It seems as if trouble follows my family everywhere we go, these days. But I promise you, we’ll get out of here.

Layla: I’ll do what I can to help. I’ve gotten a lot better with my magic, Lord Ash. Just trust me.

Almer: And I’ll try not to slow you all down.

Oh trust me Almer, I don't have any problem with you tagging along.

Alicia: …You guys know each other?

Ash: From… my sister’s resistance, yes. But let’s keep moving.

ZET1tzk.png

Layla: Yep. Until the very end.

Alicia: Hmm…

END DIALOGUE

Ou9BnyL.png

Let's begin! This is a tense chapter, and as the objective says, we'll be making a sprint for the exit, just like Chapter 11.

oGFLq5X.png

We only get 8 units, which makes me sad as we once again have to leave out Drake. The good news is, we'll be getting more newbies in this chapter, so it's not all bad.

HDCQcQb.png

Almer isn't open yet? We probably need to wait until the end of the chapter. Since I don't see Layla on here, maybe they haven't OFFICIALLY joined us yet?

YGIXlpa.png

Here's our formation. We're all ready to go!

FMkuzRV.png

Layla: Is that who I think it is?

D7etNtd.png

The siblings reunite!

Gemma: Layla! It’s been so long!

Layla: I didn’t think we’d ever see each other again.

Clare: What about… you know, mum? Does she know that you’re out here?

Layla: I tried to run away like you did, but it turns out she’s been following me the whole time. I’m surprised she’s not here right now, actually. …I wonder where she went.

Gemma: Run away? We didn-

Clare: Gemma.

Layla: Huh?

Gemma: Nothing! But that’s

eJ76Cxq.png

I think there's something more to all this mother-daughter-sibling stuff. But, as Gemma says, we have other things to focus on.

4D8kiBA.png

Our map is mostly a big path to the bottom, where our escape point is. There are a LOT of enemies in the way for us to kill, naturally.

SPOILER-MAP:

8LX7XL1.png

Now, you might notice that we have a lot of treasure chests and little time to get them. Don't worry, the game's accounted for it by giving Layla a 5-use chest key, so she'll be helping out with the loot.

zFU9GjD.png

The enemies are level 3 now, and again Hollow. They'll start getting tougher from here on out, most likely.

Also, this chapter has a TON of droppables, likely because its been holding it in ever since we got Almer. Are you ready? IMAGE TIME:

nJreV9C.pngUUmTjKU.png5uCWje2.png2eJbPwu.png11FyKOe.pngJ6JE1pn.pngzV7yutf.png

And we will get it ALL.

qA5JFUh.png9VlDsWO.png

One last thing to note: Siege tomes! It's only wimpy Eclipse, but we have to watch out for it anyways.

NEXT TIME: A flier returns, and we press forward.

Edited by TheMoniker

If you had brought Keiran along as well, you would have gotten even more dialogue: either now or later on in the chapter. Don't remember which one it is.

This chapter has cost me a character before. Those lower chests can be the death of you, particularly when the game decides to be silly and that Ash has to physically step into the exit zone, can't be rescued and dropped into it.

Why didn't Almer and Layla recognize Alicia? Wouldn't they have seen here in Chapter 7 or something?

She didn't really do anything in chapter 7 of particular note that they would have seen to make them remember her is the best explanation I can give.

And in chapter 8, the conversation she had with Val and the others would have been private.

If you had brought Keiran along as well, you would have gotten even more dialogue: either now or later on in the chapter. Don't remember which one it is.

This chapter has cost me a character before. Those lower chests can be the death of you, particularly when the game decides to be silly and that Ash has to physically step into the exit zone, can't be rescued and dropped into it.

Well, at the end, I actually found this chapter less difficult than Chapter 12 a while back. I'll talk about it more when I finish it.

Ah, one of my favourite chapters in Requiem! Tick, tock, now move that frock!

Move that frock? I should use that.

Requiem: Episode 14: Chapter 13: Part 1: Moving the frock

c7Qw6bW.png

I forgot to show Layla's starting inventory! It's a tome she needs a bit more training to use, and a chest key to help with getting all the loot! We'll have to make her get the furthest chests.

wotl3gs.png

We have to start advancing right away! Immediately, we have a big gauntlet to go through, with an initial wave plus two "lines" to break through right at the start!

9W7uQ2o.png7twNKjj.png

Edward probably won't get any levels this chapter, but I am NOT wasting time with the chest-looting. It's nice to get a Luna tome, for sure.

FEfOdDE.png

Because of all the grinding I did last time, Alicia and Ash are ready to get a B support, right out the gate! Here we go!

IW1if6K.png

Alicia: Oh, Ash. This is a first. What is it?

Ash: This power. How did you come to master it so quickly?

Alicia: Master? I like the sound of that, but I don’t think I’m quite there yet. I suppose that I must be a natural.

Ash: You are more controlled with it than myself, despite having less experience. For example, you were able to warp an entire army of soldiers across the country.

AMHpv7m.png

I somehow find this line funny. I mean, it makes sense Alicia would assume, but still.

Ash: Not without severely crippling myself for a while.

Alicia: Is that so? Well, maybe I should be teaching you, then.

Ash: Alicia.

Alicia: …Sorry.

Ash: Don’t be sorry, just listen to me. I’m starting to remember things now. When I first obtained this power, it started off similarly. I was confident in my abilities. But that changed quickly. Soon, the voices came. Then the pain. But I still wanted to know more. It took a while, but it finally struck me that I had lost sight of the real world. I lied to you earlier. I was not always “gentle”. There’s more to this magic than simply warping about. But to see the effects of the other forms, I had to use it on things.

yPFSx5y.png

This is a dark backstory for Ash. Consumed by a lust for power, killing things just to practice with it and understand it better... no wonder he was away from his family for so long.

Ash: Nature, animals… even people. That’s the person you saw when I came at Bran.

Alicia: Ash, that’s crazy. Are you being serious?

Ash: Very. You are the only one I have ever told this to. At first I told myself it was necessary, but in truth I was corrupted by knowledge. That’s what this magic will do to you, eventually. It obscures your senses, and takes away your sense of self. Ha… It’s funny when I think about it. I spent years trying to step back from it all, but now, I

qOuOKSQ.png

Ash: No matter how much I resist, this is how things will be.

That's... actually really sad. The magic has saved us a lot, but that doesn't mean its good.

Alicia: W-Why are you telling me this?

Ash: Why do you think? You may be too enamored to give up on using this power while you can, but even you can be wary of the high risk that it carries.

Alicia: I’ll… keep that in mind. But let me ask you something. Why do you care what happens to me?

Ash: Huh?

Alicia: You’re always telling me that this power is risky. At first I thought it was just because you wanted to keep it to yourself. …But you’re trying to protect me, aren’t you?

Ash: So?

eRtmpOp.png

Ash: …I don’t consider you to be that, anymore. …And even if we’re not friends, nobody deserves to go through all of that. What’s more, unlike me, you might actually be able to overcome it all, being the better mage and all. …. But if you aren’t and the darkness takes hold of you… Whoever or whatever is behind this dark magic will have you. …We can’t afford to foolishly let ourselves fall to them.

These characters use a lot of visible silence dots.

...Oh, that thought just popped into my head. I'll quiet down now.

Alicia: Ah… well, I’m touched.

Ash: Hm?

Alicia: See you around.

p3ZswOA.png

Ash: Don’t end up like me.

ATQM2uo.png

This is a very interesting support chain! I definitely have to get the A!

YSv7f8k.png

2 turns in, we're punching through the enemies, albeit slower than I'd like. The greatsword weighs her down, but Nala can still double with it!

T48m7DG.png

It seems rather early for a Hammerne. Granted, it's not like there was anything saying it NEEDED to be a super ultra endgame item.

Stm4KOf.png

And we have ANOTHER support! I know we're supposed to be fleeing, but WHAT'S THE POINT OF RUNNING IF YOU CAN'T BUILD RELATIONSHIPS?

BD6EgbR.png

Hawke: Yeah, what?

Skye: I wasn’t joking before. Father really was going to kill you! That’s why I got you away from there. I told him that I would find a way to change you.

Hawke: Oh, I believe you.

Skye: Then what was so amusing?

Hawke: The funny thing is that I left the desert to get

bmmeSVq.png

This is a complicated family relationship. What is this, Requiem Game of Thrones?

Skye: W-What?

Hawke: I was bored of his ways from as early as I can remember. I finally returned, and what happens?

bhg7rWn.png

What is this nomadic society like? We'll probably see them at some point in the future, hopefully.

Hawke: I realized then how weak our father was. He fought a battle against an enemy he knew wouldn’t fight back as hard as they could. And for what purpose? Probably just to make himself feel better about his own weakness.

Skye: How can you say such things?

Hawke: Ha! Of course YOU wouldn’t understand.

Skye: What do you mean?

Hawke: You never had any reason to doubt him, did you? You’re his heir, his first child… You were raised solely by him, and blinded to how weak he really was. …Believe me, though, me and the rest of our brothers all know. I’m just the first one to act on it.

Skye: That’s…

Hawke: Think about it. I’ve got fighting to do!

Skye: …

Hopefully, Skye, ponder your daddy issues after we're done butchering our way out of here.

tz9fOAj.png

bxx2vPt.png

Statboosters! I like how rewarding these chests are. I don't think I've found any real "dud" items in chests ever since I started playing the hack. That could be my bad memory, though. I've been slowly updating my way through for like, what, 6 months?

cBPiGIO.png

Ash's flux tome was removed from him somehow, and I just used Sink for the entire chapter. It proved its worth, to be sure.

SJFhwm8.png

Ash, I'm only holding back an insult because you got speed. I like speed.

Uspvbm4.png

The Dark Eye shamans really start to up their pelting. They're extremely annoying, but they should stop bothering us once we get out of the top of the map.

ops1gUX.png

Nella: I only hope it’s enough for her to forgive me. Oh no… Trouble, in here? Please, Layla, be safe.

Wait, Nella?

lr6xiae.png

That's right! Nella really has come to join us, and what a good time for it, too!

CrFTeJG.png

She brings more chest keys (we'll have another chapter we need to use all these on) and some other items! Though it's good to have a new returning unit from part 1 back, I honestly wonder if I shouldn't replace her with Gemma. I'll do a comparison on them at some point.

Rtvf9hh.png

Oh, an enemy shaman spawned. Just to keep things evened.

PHoPfBQ.png

HPVNp4B.png

This is a pretty obvious talk, so let's get it out of the way first thing!

InYftmP.png

Nella: Oh, I was so worried for you!

Layla: I was wondering where you’d gotten to… Don’t worry, I’m fine.

Nella: That’s great.

Layla: Anyway, we really have to get out of here, mum.

Nella: Ok then. I won’t leave you again, dear

Layla: …Alright.

She seems to be more accepting of her presence, at least? What was the gift she mentioned?

i1oi2pm.png

Ow! At least these things can't kill, unless you're playing FE7CM and there's like 80 of them.

ZiO6qqX.pngrOAcH8S.png

Here's the situation. The strategy for this chapter is mostly keep charging forward and knocking everything in the way aside. Through this method, we've managed to get out of the start point, but its practically turn 6-7! NO TIME TO REST! WE NEED TO KEEP GOING!

aNbXCtp.png

This isn't helping you match up to Nella!

xDzTPH0.pngnZ37zGw.pngsZuNnBv.png

Here, just have a bunch of levels at once.

NlKUY6h.png

Except forget the last one, I made a mistake and put Skye too close to too much.

pVWXBDv.png

This time, I hold Skye back a back bit more. Enemies, like that shaman just appeared, are constantly charging upwards, and they keep slowing us down! Grrr!

o4aUanW.pngbYjIrOQ.png

Skye re-gets his level, and I have Ash take the front line, prepared to take all the hits!

HizJjlX.pngRvcNB0s.png

Ash does so, and no less than three new enemies appear for us! It looks like we have a lot of enemies to force through on the bottom, and we can probably do it, but I'm worried... I'm just waiting for a certain someone to show up...

ujOI50y.png

I snag Edward a kill with a leftover enemy, and he immediately makes me regret not using him more.

BEGdfxZ.png

Sink! Sink! Sink the enemies into... Sink!

uQfgeOg.png

Also, I'm making sure Almer keeps up. You do NOT want to leave him behind this chapter.

eECPVhT.png

He still isn't here... THE ANTICIPATION BUILDS...

NEXT TIME: He arrives

Sorry it's been so long, everyone. I wanted to post earlier, but I was always busy with other stuff. I'm hoping to shove a bunch of updates out this weekend for you all.

Requiem: Episode 14: Chapter 13: Part 2: Desperate Rush

jaQZiRM.png

Quick reminder: We were trying to get to the end of the map, and we're moving pretty fast so far, but things are going to get more intense any minute.

IW1uc8k.png

Hopefully, we'll have enough time for Edward to get in, get the chests, and get out before a certain someone shows up!

ItC6wdJ.png

Nala breaks away from the rest of the group down the alternate path. She's going to head down the side route and take out all the enemies there solo, since its mostly axe users.

Kbe3CcP.png

Oh, speaking of which. Gemma and Nella can talk to each other!

qi8CuNe.pngeTxBwGs.png

Gemma: Of course it is!

Nella: You’ve grown so much… I can hardly believe it’s you.

Gemma: Heheh… well… I guess five years’ll do that to you.

Nella: Oh, Gemma… look at you.

Gemma: Hey, hey, hey, there’s no time to get all teary-eyed yet, mum! We need to get out of here!

SGXwlgg.png

Aww... this game really knows how to make cute interactions. Clare and Nella probably have a talk too.

VAyZo8s.png

Clearly, these are the two best units with which to be luring new enemies with. Well, maybe not, but I'M IN A HURRY!

LvE020X.png

Good job, Alicia.

oV56rjI.png

Oh crap, he's here!

???: Impressive. You’ll have to forgive me for causing you so much pain, but I’m not at my best to control myself right now.

SRmwD6m.pngY72dqXe.png

Thankfully, Ash isn't affected in gameplay... yet.

q0kltqI.pngneftl1i.pngdrWHcGu.pngXkBEQhV.pngSGPpd2w.png

Shel's arrived, here to chase us down and murder us. This is why I've been hurrying so much. He advances six spaces per turn, and if he catches any of my units they're pretty much instantly dead.

He's using Lyon's sprites, and possibly animations as well from FE8. Just thought I'd point it out.

JXf24Dr.png

The good news is, we don't have TOO much left to punch through. We just can't be slow about it.

OyiWbra.png8M6JNf7.pngEHLpXSZ.png

Edward begins his looting with the bottom chest, to expedite getting out and back to the main group. This will be helpful for Gemma!

IX5cbA3.png

OUT OF THE WAY! RAH!

0PwXZS4.png

Maybe I'm hurrying up too much... still, those 3 chests at the top there are what worry me most. I'll need plenty of turns to get them open, and Shel is approaching all the time.

1dRQYuq.png

The other chest has a shining bow. But there's no monsters to kill, so I can't see it being much use... maybe there's something to it I'm not seeing? Commenters? Any help?

9FgoxRP.png

Nala launches her ambush on the bottom enemies. She'll be fine, as long as Axe Magnetism doesn't rear its ugly head.

71enMF2.png

Dangit, Clare! You'll need magic for when you promote!

9LESqVD.png

I make a mistake letting this happen, but thankfully Gemma gets out alive since everyone else prevented her from being attacked again.

5e5rKnH.png

This shaman is a big threat. FINISH HIM!

i4vtlkW.png

Edward's escaped the room, so he should stay ahead of Shel. Except for a couple armor knights, the way out is nearly clear!

M86zvrp.png

Good, good.

dqEeaHo.png

Let's finish these guys up and get out of here!

NHJtxoZ.png

Oh, can't forget. Will this also be cute?

bm5KGon.png

Nella: C-Clare?! You’re safe!

2EnlRiO.png

Clare: It’s good to see you again.

Nella: My goodness, I thought I’d never see you again with all the fighting that’s been going on!

Clare: Don’t worry about it… I’m just fine. I see that Layla left you too, though.

Nella: … …

Clare: It’s our fault… we set a bad example. Are you alright?

Nella: Me? O-Oh, of course.

Clare: Alright. Well, for now, we need to help Lord Ash and the others escape. I hope we can talk later.

jO8LRrv.png

Clare isn't as affectionate as Gemma, but maybe we'll get to see them talk later?

9d1t8Bx.pngGFS6DKa.png

Nala and Ash get okay levels from mopping up.

31mlJRE.pnggtfOIgc.png

And with that, all that's left is to clear the chests.

X3vOB7X.pngmgfZ5zJ.pngfNgXfpQ.png

Promotion items!? HECK YEAH! The Sage's Ring goes right to Katarina, and the others will ensure we can promote units when it comes to it. I don't like to do early promotions, so I'll be holding off on powering up my guys for now, but it'll happen in a few chapters, most likely.

McUPPde.png

But, uh, Shel's getting a bit close... no time for support grinding, sadly.

ae4O5mP.png

Let's get out of here!

The end dialogue is pretty short, so let's do that this update.

fwPXYzM.png

Alicia: Is everyone here!? Sorry to say it Ash, but I’m going to need your help for this warp. I’ve used up too much power. Hey, Ash!

dQfnVrM.png

Ash: My power is all gone.

Alicia: Then I’ll just- Huh?

9XppmJE.png

Well, no escaping. And when we most need it, too!

Alicia: What’s going on?

Ash: …It’s over. Warping wasn’t an option anyways… How do you think he found us in the first place?

Alicia: Ash… Look, we can’t just wait here to die.

zpvVETt.png

Alicia: can do from there.

So, head straight to the Egardian castle? Not flee the city or anything, just head to the Egardian capital? I know we need to search it, but couldn't we come back and do that later? Granted, it is the best place to go if we want to hole up somewhere.

LmVj1Dp.png

sTBeA7E.png

And that's all for now.

NEXT TIME: A survival mission of PAIN!

Shining Bow targets Res I believe.

Also when it comes to promotions: level 18 is fine for this hack. I've only ever gotten one unit to 20/20. And that was on the very last map.

As for the next map

Keeping all of the units to the right side is much easier than trying to hold down the middle + grab the chests.

Yeah, shining bow targets Res.

It's good for units like Linda and promoted Nala against enemies with good defense, especially when their strength is looking pretty terrible. Much lighter than using something like the break bow against knights as well.

Looking forward to see how the next one goes. I find that it difficulty can vary depending on a lot of things.

It's probably one of the few chapters where the unit makeup you have plays a big part in how well it goes.

I'm currently on my first play through of this game myself. Was not expecting Shel to appear, so I barely got away with all the treasure. I would've had to reset if he'd gone a different way, because Edward would've been stuck in the right treasure room.

As for Chapter 14, I found it fairly easy. Just ran everyone over to the right side and tanked there for a couple of turns.

Shining Bow targets Res I believe.

Also when it comes to promotions: level 18 is fine for this hack. I've only ever gotten one unit to 20/20. And that was on the very last map.

As for the next map

Keeping all of the units to the right side is much easier than trying to hold down the middle + grab the chests.

It targets RES? Well why didn't the description say so! That's totally useful!

And thanks for the tip about keeping everyone to the right. The map is designed so that you're tempted to try and hole up in the part at the top and... well, you'll see.

Yeah, shining bow targets Res.

It's good for units like Linda and promoted Nala against enemies with good defense, especially when their strength is looking pretty terrible. Much lighter than using something like the break bow against knights as well.

Looking forward to see how the next one goes. I find that it difficulty can vary depending on a lot of things.

It's probably one of the few chapters where the unit makeup you have plays a big part in how well it goes.

I think I had everything set up well? Here's to hoping...

The CHAPTER 14 PRELUDE!

AJK1bzC.png

Reversed fates! What could it mean?

Z7wANVM.png

We're inside the capital. Take a look at this map design, too. Interesting, isn't it?

Gxe2pEL.png

Alicia: yet, but what the hell is he waiting for?

pRcUJ3v.png

Ash: Well… I’m not. I still can’t use my magic.

This is important.

Alicia: …Mm. Anyway, we’ll be pretty short staffed, but if they get in,

hfop9aq.png

Despite this, we can only deploy a few units in the chapter. Come on!

Ash: You don’t seriously expect this to work, do you?

Alicia: No… We’re just buying as much time as we possibly can.

Ash: Until what, exactly?

Alicia: …What’s gotten into you, Ash?

Ash: Hm?

Alicia: I’m trying my best to save both our lives here, and

2d8CxT6.png

Alicia: When I was worried before, you kept on reassuring me.

Ash: You think that your little worries are the same as this?

Alicia: Well… no, but-

Ash: Exactly. …You don’t know anything about me, Alicia. Don’t talk like you do.

Alicia: …! I… guess you’re right.

Aww, Ash... just when you guys were getting more friendly!

F01Jkpj.png

...Oh. For the second time, Ash? You're always so willing to give yourself to your enemies.

Alicia: You’re what!? You can’t be serious!

Ash: It’s for the best. I’m of no use to anyone like this. And from what I can tell, he won’t kill me outright.

Ash: That’ll be your chance to get everyone out of here.

Alicia: Don’t be so stupid!

Ash: Huh?

5Jfy0VR.png

Ash: But, Alicia-

Alicia: I don’t want to hear it. …I won’t let you do that. I could never forgive myself.

Ash: Alicia…

Alicia: If your sister were here, I’m sure she would do the same. When the odds were against her, she didn’t just give up.

Ash: Why are you talking about my sister, now.

Alicia: Because, I understand that you’re scared, but panicking only makes it worse. I thought it might calm you down.

SlwKm8R.png

Well, Alicia, it kind of loses its effect when you explain it. That's like my GhebFE recovery therapist saying "okay, I'm diagnosing from your words that you're clearly still not over it. To distract you, I will now remind you that it's behind you, rather than here today, in the hopes that you will be able to get your mind off the past". It just doesn't work when you explain it!

Ash: I’m sor-

5u7vZAn.pngaPSyNyI.png

Alicia: I’ll keep you safe, I promise you.

Awww.... well, looks like Ash won't be handing himself over after all. Time to survive!

END DIALOGUE

2l1Us1P.pngTbXQNQM.png

Almer: I’ll stand with you, if you would have it so. Maybe there’s something of use in my supplies.

This is Almer, just popping in to let us know he's OFFICIALLY on the team...

IKaS0Ve.png

...Along with all the supplies we dumped into him last time! I distribute out some of our neat weapons. We have stocks for days!

z9Ek5E7.png

Here's our team. Only 9 units! I've had to leave out Nala and Katarina, plus Linda and Kieran for being still slightly above the average level. By next chapter, though, they won't be ahead any more.

7A3c5VH.png

Oh, and as for the items we got last chapter... let's use one now!

Efvqsff.pngdlhLw20.png

I LOVE this moment, in any FE game. Your priest spends so much time healing they pull far ahead in levels, and then when it's time to promote, they do it super-early and they suddenly become a brand new crutch character. Always fun.

vxCDJsC.pngoSoa1Eq.png

When we have enough deployment spots for me to actually put her out there, she is going to WRECK FACE.

qEGPJbw.png

We have 9 people, and three different fronts to hold out on! This is going to be a challenge!

Well, let's start the chapter...

nBDCtC6.png

What? Val?

FRKSzv7.png

Val: I’m not sure… A bad feeling has been at the back of my mind for a while, and it only gets worse with each passing day. If Ash is here, I need to know as soon as possible.

Andrei: Eh… well, I’m not complaining.

cVZOW1Z.png

Val: …Please be safe.

Andrei: Yeah. We’re coming as fast as we can, Ash.

So, they're coming to rescue us! That's why we have to survive for a certain number of turns, rather than forever. Let's hold out until we can finally re-unite the two!

3I4atAA.pngRvOY0wN.png

Almer's gaining levels like normal. I guess this means I need to post his growths.

BLLeyxg.png

Here's how things are looking. Ash starts out with Silence, which is DEFINITELY bad for us.

l4n1gH6.png

The enemies start a little far away, but trust me, they'll be right on our heels by the end. They'll slowly advance towards us, and we have to survive them for a long time.

SPOILER-MAP:

0PtmKTC.png

Their advice, hold to the right... definitely seems like the best thing to do.

7KN94vf.pngBEtzqnf.pngDoys84Y.png

There are a few goodies around. If you actually manage to push forward in this crazy chapter, we can kill the shaman for the speedwing, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen, I can tell you guys right now.

NEXT TIME: Not sticking right

GROWTHS:

Almer:

HP: 120%

Strength: 0%

Skill: 90%

Speed: 90%

Luck: 100%

Defense: 30%

Resistance: 15%

Total: 425%

convoy

WHY DOES HE HAVE SO MUCH SKILL

Funny, I don't remember playing this chapter at all.

Looking at it though, I'd probably stick right and move as a relatively tight group, covering Edward/chest key carriers but otherwise keep moving down, then if I got that far then hole up in the bottom right.

...Actually, I do remember one thing regarding Shel (and the eighth turn in general)...

Shel doesn't actually move. He'll appear, but the chapter ends when you finish your eighth player phase. There's no enemy phase. So unless you decide to get suicidal and actually attack him, all he can do is give you a mild panic attack when he turns up.

...So that last turn? Good for some relatively risk free EXP.

(FYI, this was back in v1.3, but I don't see why Sacred Blaze would have changed it...)

Well, all of America is going crazy. Time for an update!

Funny, I don't remember playing this chapter at all.

Looking at it though, I'd probably stick right and move as a relatively tight group, covering Edward/chest key carriers but otherwise keep moving down, then if I got that far then hole up in the bottom right.

...Actually, I do remember one thing regarding Shel (and the eighth turn in general)...

Shel doesn't actually move. He'll appear, but the chapter ends when you finish your eighth player phase. There's no enemy phase. So unless you decide to get suicidal and actually attack him, all he can do is give you a mild panic attack when he turns up.

...So that last turn? Good for some relatively risk free EXP.

(FYI, this was back in v1.3, but I don't see why Sacred Blaze would have changed it...)

Thanks for the tip about Shel. I read it in time and it helped define my last turn.

Yeah I think with the shining bow stuff you might have confused it with the blessed bow? I can see how they're very easy to mix up.

I think the blessed bow is only in the newer games? The sprite is the same as the removed Shining Bow from FE8, a monster-slaying weapon. I was just wondering what its use was in this hack.

Time to survive in...

Requiem: Episode 15: Chapter 14: Wave after Wave

DUdvoys.png

Quick recap: We have a LOT of enemies to kill, and 8 turns to last. The first turn is me getting set up and enemies moving forwards. Just look at that big group in the middle! I hope Hawke and Alicia are going to work. We only have, oh, 10 units, so we'll need to play this carefully.

m80yEe0.pnguWWmErB.png

To start, Layla gets a level and I get a strategy down: A few of my units are going to delay the four units in the middle, Hawke and Drake will hold off the large amount of enemies coming from the top-left zone, Almer hides in a corner, and Clare supports as needed. The others (Alicia, Ash, Gemma, Edward) will push down-right to try to make it to the chest. Ash has chest keys, so he'll break away from the rest and open the top chests while his silence wears off.

Oh, why didn't I receive the advice earlier and realized I would've been better off holding right like you all said? What was I thinking? Ten units, seven of which can actually fight, can't hold down three fronts with this many enemies pushing, let alone move outwards and get side objectives! I made this a lot harder on myself than it needed to be.

9s8QZ0l.png

Right away, the reinforcements begin. It's an Eclipse shaman!

TyM0Xa0.png

We have a little extra manpower, so Layla helps out the middle.

YXajIiG.pngXxBOwYG.png

My two good ladies get two good levels.

bZz3c4f.png

Thankfully, no reinforcements ever come near here, so Ash is completely safe to get these chests.

HRRb9xj.png

Hah! Stupid axemen! I just wish they weren't mixed in with the swordsmen...

nYah5i5.png

The knights bash down the wall and open things up a little, and if we were trying to get left and get the speedwing shaman, now would be our chance. As it is, though, with my units spread out like this it only causes more stress.

04tn1Av.png

A mercenary sneaks past the other three units and gets at my lord! Take him down!

eBoKcII.png

t7JpWrF.png

Oh, what? Good thing Drake dodged that!

9fmKbtt.png

I barely noticed this guy. I need to be more careful.

TWwDo4x.png

Great, Team Right's advance is slowed down. I want them to get to those chests so they can rejoin the main group before the chapter is over!

B1gaolg.png

Gemma flies up to save Ash, and Edward is ALMOST to that door...

RadEvic.png

Here's how the situation's looking halfway through Turn 4 of 8. My defensive line is BARELY holding, with enemies pressing from all sides, especially the top-left. That said, the enemy numbers are decreasing a little, so hopefully soon...

WctBgUU.png

Drake gets a level perfect for his current situation.

Z02JJ19.png

Edward hasn't had a chance to get healed in a while, and he's helping with the combat. He needs to pull back, but... the chests...

Ai011Xq.pngv89qSQa.png

Ash: returning to me. …I still feel weak, but I have to do what I can.

v3e6usT.png

Ash's silence wore off! He's too far to help, though. He'll be opening chests the rest of the chapter.

Y6NesBj.png

Speaking of which... promotion items! YES!

AjBPIUn.png

Drake is holding off an entire army all on his own! He's tough, but he can't last forever. I need to pull him back, and this means the speedwing shaman is lost to us.

LyxmFmv.png

With the reinforcements from earlier joined by another fighter, Edward injured, and shamans coming from the bottom... no, they need to retreat. If only I had more units over here...

nlah1Kc.png

We aren't going to be getting those bottom-most chests. Not happening.

yVmkZze.png

Good job, Hawke!

PFAV1WH.png

More enemies come from the left. Why did I ever think there was a point to holding the middle? It's not like there's any real advantage of having it as a position!

9FXZ2On.pngUkKCVhB.png

Oh, and let's not forget, more down here AND more from the right. We are NOT getting any side-objectives at this point.

Anyways, if Layla and the others press at the same time, then-

YFOnad2.png

CRAP! First death this chapter. With all the mistakes I made, it was inevitable.

DBLggjX.pngHDGhmla.png

Layla: A-Alicia?

Alicia: You’re not dying here. Get yourself out of here and get some help, alright?

Layla: R-Right.

K81qYcc.png

At this point, I realize pulling everyone back is my only hope. I need to take out the enemies on the right in order to escape the small army coming from the left, but it's not like the right is much better...

Let's play spot-the-mistake! Payoff coming in 2 images...

UzdMLhg.png

Drake's taking enough damage! He doesn't need this too!

PEssguC.png

Mistake: Leaving my PEGASUS KNIGHT right out front! What was I expecting?

R7puzg5.png

*cringe* and it almost happened AGAIN, I should be just glad I survived the turn.

aaywUbh.png

Hawke seems to be doing okay at least.

rCUQvbJ.pngaTHoscG.pngZzb43pB.png

More enemies from the everywhere. Really, most of them won't even reach us before things end, but this really just didn't feel hopeless enough.

4mNZTKc.png

Really, I feel I can't emphasize enough how close Layla came to dropping.

0intqNi.png

What with me trying to pull back to the right, and enemies pressing from the left, Hawke is trapped! He'll have to sit on those pillars and stand his ground these last 2 turns.

xBeNZM0.png

Alright, here's my end setup for the last enemy phase. I can only hope I've reduced or removed myself from enough enemies that we'll live.

dH8Kgt8.png7MfXvSi.png

Knights miss everywhere, but it seems like things are okay...

ct3XvGV.png

No, Gemma! When you do that, more enemies attack you!

vJvT38u.png

SEE? Leaving him alive would have been better!

LgVXmEN.png

She does live, and get a good level for it, thankfully.

qOTl2Tl.pngFQTyzgs.png

Drake makes it, Gemma makes it... what else to report?

AopHdt6.png

Oh, right. Shel's shown up to finish us all off.

Shel: This is your last chance. That is… before you’ll have no choice.

nuWozwb.png

Well, the situation is desperate. We don't really have a "position" that we're holding out in anymore so much as just being units clumped up in a vaguely defensive fashion. Plenty of enemies coming from all directions, and MAYBE we could beat everyone if the turn limit wasn't there... that is, if not for Shel.

The good news? As commenter Wayward Winds said all the way back at the top... we've won! There is no enemy phase that we need to survive! Let's kill some guys and get this over with!

qA7Vrkv.png

Shel is still the same as last time, but here's hi druid for the curious. We could take him out if we absolutely needed to, but it's not really feasible right now...

N0ZI82s.png

And, no, we're not going to be able to fight Shel for a LONG time.

VYjKPAq.pngiilsFce.png

A last minute level, killing everyone immediately around me...

034TNaM.png

And we're through!

NEXT TIME: Reunited

It was only 8 turns, but it was one of the most tense survival missions I've ever played. Admittedly, it was more due to my bad decisions than anything. Definitely a fun chapter.

Sorry about how slow updates have been recently. Schoolwork has been running me ragged. This update is pretty short. I'll be able to get a few more out this week, though.

The CHAPTER 14 CONCLUSION!

aYhhyX7.png3qSokTy.png

Val is finally here, ready to save us from the hordes of enemies!

Val: …Something’s not right about these Egardians.

Andrei: Val!

fFXijdi.png

Andrei: He must be there, if anywhere. Come on, follow me.

ZzNmRSt.png

Val: Can you and Isaac try to clear the perimeter?

Kane: Of course.

Val: Thank you.

If you didn't pick up on it, after this chapter, we'll have all four of them back. Still not quite the full original team, but we've gotten almost all the Part 1 characters back!

49ZLnSU.png

Shel: The siblings have come out to play, have they?

LsE0wbc.png

Stupid Shel. Four new people show up and goes running like a little crybaby.

Shel: Continue your struggle, Ash. We’ll see just how far you can go.

He'll go so far he can beat you up, probably.

F8YcZU3.pngXfPTmwn.png

(offscreen): Ash, they’re falling back!

2MedYBj.png

Alicia: Hey, Ash, what’s wrong?

He's fainted.

u4hAvla.png

kV6j65r.pngqH3x6eU.png

Alicia: Well, this is a surprise.

Val: You!

Alicia: And Lady Valentine too…

kJ7hGW1.png

These guys still see Alicia as evil, after everything she did in Part 1. Of course... come to think of it, Alicia hasn't really repented of those things. She's still attached to Lord Bran.

Val: Answer me!

Alicia: N-Now let’s just calm down. I’m not the one who did this to him, I promise you.

Andrei: Then what are you doing here?

Alicia: I doubt you’ll believe me, but I’m helping him.

Andrei: Helping how?

FdYRAXt.png

Come on Alicia, be a little more helpful! The last time they saw you, you were enabling Bran to stomp them all into the dirt.

Val: Enough of this. …Is he alright?

Alicia: Yes, I think so. Here, he’s all yours.

3wlcdUf.png

Andrei: Why should we believe anything you say?

Alicia: I guess you have no reason not to doubt me. All I can give you is my word, in this case.

Andrei: … …

Alicia: Look, we won’t make any progress pointing fingers and swords at each other like this.

K4UYg5v.png

Val: Ash is alright, and that’s the most important thing.

Andrei: You sure?

Val: He’s just unconscious. …Can you find somewhere good for him to rest for a while? I’ll handle everything out here.

Andrei: …Fine.

KKc8XK1.png

Andrei leaves, for now.

K2ZG7H5.png

Alicia: … … I suppose you’re not just going to let me leave, are you?

Val: Of course I’m not.

Alicia: … … Well, this is quite a twist of fate, isn’t it? I never imagine I’d be thanking you for anything, especially not my life.

ixNMz3t.png

Ow.

Alicia: …Right. Of course. How exactly did you find us, anyway?

Val: That’s not important. Now, tell me-what exactly happened here? Who were you fighting?

Alicia: Beats me.

5LDQyfa.png

Hah! That actually does sum it up pretty well. He kind of came out of nowhere.

Val: But the attack was organized and large-scale. They had no intention of letting you escape, from the looks of it. Are you telling me this was some random attack?

Alicia: Well…

Val: And what about the soldiers? There was something off about them, don’t you think?

Alicia: That’s… Look, I’m trying not to tell you anything that Ash wouldn’t want to. You know how he likes his secrets, don’t you?

Val: Yes. Yes I do. But just how long have you been… “helping” him?

Alicia: Long enough that I’m glad he’s alright. Is that good enough for you?

Val: …I see. You… should find yourself some care as well. You look tired. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have some business to attend to.

K2ZG7H5.png

NR9Tujf.png

Alicia: Hahaha… I told you to trust in me, didn’t I, Ash? But of course… what happens now? What will I do?

Is Andrei going to pull a Drake on Alicia again? Or something?

M9ohJ7l.png

NEXT TIME: Reconciliation