TheMoniker plays: Fire Emblem Requiem

TheMoniker

Title  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Should I play the one and only chapter of Alicia/Hector mode?

Yeah, Andrei's the odd one out who doesn't promote with a Lord's promotion item (I forget what they're called in Requiem).

I think the 2 lord promotion items (obviously not one for Ash given his forced promotion) come at the end of this chapter. I distinctly remember giving Val her bright red horse (which has been stripped of its paint since the version I played) in time for the gaiden.

Ruler Crest I do believe.

Which is ironic because Andrei IS a lord plot-wise and Alicia is not (or that's what I think), yet Andrei doesn't use a Ruler Crest to promote lmao

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raymond's also not a lord, but the only reason he needs a heaven seal instead of a hero crest is because he's on Hector's slot and not due to any actual story reasons.

Basically, hacking limitations I would guess. Three usable heaven seals would've been nice but the vanilla game only came with two. I also wish one of the dark tomes used Apocalypse's spell animation instead of just reusing Sink/Gespenst, but this hack isn't that ambitious so this is all we get.

Maybe that's why it was actually completed.

So many words... so much exposition on Katarina's backstory...

It didn't seem that bad to me. But when you've played Sacred Dawn and Last Promise, nothing else seems so long and wordy by comparison.

Raymond's also not a lord, but the only reason he needs a heaven seal instead of a hero crest is because he's on Hector's slot and not due to any actual story reasons.

Basically, hacking limitations I would guess. Three usable heaven seals would've been nice but the vanilla game only came with two. I also wish one of the dark tomes used Apocalypse's spell animation instead of just reusing Sink/Gespenst, but this hack isn't that ambitious so this is all we get.

It didn't seem that bad to me. But when you've played Sacred Dawn and Last Promise, nothing else seems so long and wordy by comparison.

Wait, with Raymond you mean Rayden? Isn't that guy already promoted?

Oh hey, you have promotion items for Andrei and Alicia now!

Oddly enough, Alicia and Val are the ones who need them, and Andrei just gets a Hero crest. Weird.

Yeah, Andrei's the odd one out who doesn't promote with a Lord's promotion item (I forget what they're called in Requiem).

I think the 2 lord promotion items (obviously not one for Ash given his forced promotion) come at the end of this chapter. I distinctly remember giving Val her bright red horse (which has been stripped of its paint since the version I played) in time for the gaiden.

Val's horse used to be bright red? I kind of want to see it now...

Raymond? Are you talking about a different hack?

Sacred Dawn... *shudder*. That was hard enough to read playing on my own, let alone pausing to transcribe everything...

Time to be surprised for...

The CHAPTER 19 CONCLUSION...

s4LFPqC.png

Andrei: It’s finally over…

Is it?

Josie: Mm…

Andrei: Hey, what’s wrong with you two?

Josie: Though we should be glad to hear it, these weren’t

LcVFths.png

Oh, great. Their super elites are probably waiting to fight us in the final chapters.

Val: Exactly. And Legato and Matthias are nowhere to be found. Olva is ours, but the threat that Egardia poses is still much too prevalent.

Still so many plot threads to deal with... at least we have a destroyed nation backing us up.

Andrei: Oh… right.

Josie: Well, either way, things look fine right now. This is all your business. I’ll go and scout the perimeter. Matthias at least, was in the city, so maybe he hasn’t gotten that far quite yet. Is that all right?

Andrei: Yeah, we’ve got this.

Josie: Oh, Red… I have something for you.

Zdp9AH1.png

Promotion item!

Josie: Right. When your father died, he passed this on to your mother. And before she passed, she gave this to me. She told me to give it to you when the right time came.

Val: You’re giving this to me now?

Josie: Well, that’s up to you. Up until now, the lands of Olva were only yours by right. But by accepting this, you accept responsibility for the fate of the country, now and on into the future. Are you ready for that?

8KwvFu7.png

Josie: Valentine, you know that’s not good enough.

Val: Yes… I am.

Josie: Good.

So, Val is the official queen ruler now! As a reward, she gets some numbers and a horse.

3K8QJO6.png

Josie: Anyway, I’ll be back soon.

Josie decides to leave right away, as we're going to interrogate Bran, putting us one woman down if something horrible happens.

X9CYb2f.png

Val: …Mm. After what happened in the city, though, there’s no time to give the people the proper support they’re going to need.

It's kind of sad to put the rebuilding on hold, but we need to march into doom zone and stop Hollow-related activities.

3Dh3ebN.png

Bran: of you.

Ash: Bran, there’s something much bigger at hand here than you can even imagine.

Bran: And you expect me to help you?

Ash: All I want is for you to tell me what you know. Surely you’ve realized that something is terribly wrong. I think Legato is plotting something that could threaten all of us, including you. And I think Matthias is working with him. You must know something.

Bran: You hope to gain my favor by slandering my son? …You have two choices here, boy. Either kill me here, or

R34Yxmr.png

Bran, you aren't really in a position to be giving ultimatums.

Ash: Bran, listen to me! This isn’t about the war! I need you to tell me whe-

Alicia: Ash, stop. You’re wasting your breath. Let me handle this, alright?

Ash: …Fine.

fCwJ5Ez.png

Alicia: My lord…

Bran: Loyalty was not enough to protect you from the allure of that dark magic. You are their servant now, so your words mean just as little to me.

Alicia: …Forgive me for this, my lord.

3gCRE7y.png

Bran: You would strike the one you call “lord”?

Slapping a guy who just took a ton of magic and stab wounds. Harsh, but he totally deserves it.

Alicia: I am no one’s servant! Look at me, my lord! I’m the same Alicia that’s been by your side for all of these years.

Bran: And yet… now you stand with Olva as they have me held captive. What am I supposed to take from that?

Alicia: No… it’s not like that. You took away my Egardian status. There was no other way… No other way I’d be able to see you, again. I needed to know that you were safe.

Bran: …Safe?

Alicia: Ash and I went to Egardia… or what was left of it.

Bran: “left of it”?

Alicia: Someone… or something had attacked our people. The capital was barren, almost as if no one was ever there. I was worried that whoever did such a thing might come after you as well.

Bran: That’s… impossible… But… I believe you.

Bran's probably seen indications that this was happening. Lack of messages from Egardia, or stuff like that.

Alicia: You… do?

Bran: But even if what you say is true… What do Legato and Matthias have to do with any of this?

Alicia: …It could be nothing at all. But between the two of them, one has always been in your blind spot. Yet I was always here, with you.

Bran: Alicia…

hu4MdsC.png

Alicia: And if there’s anything you can tell us, please do.

Bran: …I’ve been a fool.

kW19H2T.png

Bran: And I believed them, in the end.

Is he going to tell us stuff?

Alicia: It’s alright…

Bran: I cannot offer you much. Legato was heading north to deal with a possible attack from the northern isles. Matthias went alone to ask him to send reinforcements. If what you said is true, though, then he likely won’t be returning anytime soon.

Alicia: Damn it…

Bran: Alicia… What will become of me now?

Alicia: … … Well…

drjJZfe.png

Of COURSE he has to show up now.

2vKsaZU.png

Val: Legato!

vVMdCKH.pngoq13ZoK.png

Looks like he has BOTH of the bosses who ran from us previously backing him up. I assume we'll have to fight them sometime...

Legato: I have no business with you.

NjwqY8v.pnga8VwZ9Q.png

Bran sprints back over to his side...

Bran: I always knew I could count on you.

PaylpHV.png

Alicia: Don’t listen to him!

Come on, Bran, be helpful for once!

fqpkEnb.png

Legato: I’d have thought you’d have long since lost your mind.

Ash: …! So you are involved with all of this. You have to stop, Legato! You don’t know the kind of powers you’re dealing with!

Legato: That’s where you’re wrong.

Ash: What?

83moGsW.png2xxQ5tF.png

Does Ash promote into superman to stop them?

Ash: E-Everyone, look out!

Bran: So, this is your true nature!

Legato: Hm?

Bran?

bVvX1dy.pnghouzXnK.png

Bran finally does one good thing, smashing Legato's lower body into his horse! He doesn't kill him, but maybe Bran will be our ally now?

Ac9DZvn.pngL9Z5DaH.png

Bran: become a part of my country. I thought one with your talents would be a valuable asset to my cause. But you’re nothing more than a criminal who’s been usurping my power as a ruler. You’ve even gone so far as to manipulate my son, and try to kill my most trusted subject. Unforgivable!

Legato: Urgh! You… useless… fool.

BFwQd8C.png

Bran: It’s over.

yQtRaGt.png

Uh oh.

Darkvoice: Hahaha!

Bran: Hm?

Rsmhv51.png

Legato: That’s what you think, is it?

Everyone's just recovering from everything so easily these days! Boss-type units are so hard to kill...

Bran: W-What!?

Legato: Do you really think that someone like you is worthy of killing me, Bran? You are still nothing more than an ant. Insignificant, in comparison to me!

8oxaYwx.pngmHjC3tl.png

That's gotta hurt. In these rigged battles, though, isn't the one with a WTA usually the winner? Legato's attack should have missed, to demonstrate THE IMPORTANCE OF USING SWORDS AGAINST AXES.

UNUa41L.png

He's dead... I guess the villains really do do the dirty work after all.

rzqItmU.png

Legato: much of a fool. …Guh, I’ll need some time to recover from this. But first things first… finish them!

Fight, everybody! We can beat them with our promoted units if we work together!

ObJ3uGi.png

Sniper lady: … …

rEXQYF1.png

Legato: Tch… And you?

Assassin man: I refuse.

Legato: Hahaha… I see… Perhaps he wasn’t completely useless, after all.

Without Bran, Legato loses his authority? What's that all about?

t2oOZRJ.png

Legato: You’ll get to live just a little while longer. …Most of you, anyways.

Wait, who's going to die!?

JASMO8Y.png

And then we're alone again.

Ash: Val, Andrei, are you alright?

Val: Yeah…somehow. Those two with him didn’t seem to want to kill us.

Ash: Fortunately, yes…

Val: …I can’t believe what Bran tried to do… or that Legato just seemed to shrug that attack off.

Ash: Me neither… It’s like he changed into a completely different person.

Val: …And he got away, too. Damn it. Alicia’s not going to take this well… I don’t know what we can do for her.

Ash: …Leave it to me.

Val: …Alright. Andrei!

xXQQCCK.png

Val: There could have been attackers there, too.

Andrei: …Yeah, okay.

Now Ash and Alicia are going to be all alone.

Val: We’ll be back soon, Ash. I hope you can do something.

4vnBVEl.png

Alicia: You can’t die like this… You can’t!

Ash: … …

Alicia: Ash! Don’t just stand there! There has to be something that you can do!

Ash: He’s… already gone. There’s nothing I can do.

Alicia: Nothing you can do… Or nothing you want to do!?

Ash: …It’s not like that. Alicia, I’m sorry.

Alicia: Don’t apologize to me!

jbsTf80.png

Alicia: Go on, tell me I’m wrong! Aren’t you happy, Ash!?

Alicia really did care for Bran... but events necessitated him to die, even if Legato hadn't killed him off...

Ash: Alicia, please calm down. You’re not thinking straight. This is just what Legato wants.

Alicia: Legato… When I find him, I’ll make him suffer! I… Urgh!

Ash: A-Alicia?

iftBc4d.pngvGOFUHk.png

Oh no. Wasn't Legato enough problems?

Ash: Alicia, what’s wrong?

Alicia: I… don’t know. My head…

*Alicia collapses*

Ash: No… this can’t be…

EfjhAWN.png

This isn't good. Ash's put on his angsting hood again.

Ash: Her anger is causing the dark power to rise up within her… If I don’t do something, she’ll end up just like… them. Damn it!

eCGwAqZ.png

Ash: But… if I do that, then I’ll go over my limit for sure. … …

VEdBOGz.png

What's he going to do!?

yWVQZgr.png

Ash hits Alicia with a basic attack...

sHNkFwn.png

Ash: I can already feel it, and that wasn’t even all of it. Damn it… I’ve resisted this before… I just need a little… bit… more…

Was that him... absorbing the darkness?

He sprints a ways away...

Ubmbyik.png

Alicia: Ash?

Ash(offscreen): Alicia, stay away!

Alicia: W-What’s wrong with you? What happened?

Ash: There’s no time to explain! You… have to find Val and everybody else and get them out of here now!

Alicia: …What are you talking about?

gjdmo56.png

Oh, good, they're back...

Alicia: I-I’m fine. But something’s wrong with Ash.

Val: Hm?

D72CO0d.png

Is he... okay?

6O5Xgy3.png

NO NO NO HE'S NOT OKAY

That's... that's... so creepy...

Ash: Get away from me…

Andrei: W-What the hell!?

Val: !!! Your eyes… What is this?

Ash: Alicia channeled too much dark magic… I had to… absorb it from her. But it’s too much for me to handle…

Alicia: This happened… because of me? …Ash, why would you do that!?

Ash: …W-What can I say? Agh…

This has me wondering... did this happen because I got an A with Ash and Alicia? Do supports affect any of the story?

Ti7R2jz.pngwVP3887.png

It's been not long enough since we've seen the dark voice...

Val: Ash, what can we do? There must be some way that we can help you!

Ash: No, there isn’t… the only thing you can do is kill me before I come after you.

Val: Ash, no, don’t say that! I’m not going to give up on you here!

Ash: … … Then… Andrei, please.

eYaZaQ9.png

Ash: …No. I’m telling you, as your older brother, to kill me. We made a promise to protect Valentine, remember?

I know he isn't going to die, but... the scenario really manages to feel like Ash really is going to die... what could save him?

Andrei: …Alright.

Val: Andrei!

Andrei: Sorry, Val. But if Ash is pulling age into this, then I know that he’s dead serious.

Val: But…

K72Xnwm.pngewWzSjn.png

I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW that would come to save us at some time in the future! I KNEW IT!

Ash: Alicia… You have no idea how that works. Forget it.

Ash, you're about to die! Don't be so dismissive!

Alicia: I’m not going to just watch you die! …Not you as well! Now work, damn you!

7ZZIak3.png

BRIGHT LIGHT!

EIHj3ba.png

Val: What happened?

Alicia: I-It… crumbled…

Val: N-No…

Alicia: Useless piece of trash!

Andrei: Well… you tried. Alicia… could you get Val out of here? I don’t want her to see this.

k5P5reX.png

Andrei: Hm?

yJsMwTE.png

He's ALIVE! And his eyes are normal! ...Ish!

Ash: It… wasn’t useless… … … It looks like I was able to absorb a fair amount of the magic power…

HxXLyMI.png

Is anybody going to comment on this?

Ash: …But it’s not nearly enough.

Val: Ash… you could have… Is that what you’ve been afraid of, the whole time?

Ash: …Yes. I had never wanted you to see me like that. Nobody should have to.

Val: I… don’t know what to say. I think I need to…

Ash: It’s alright. I’ll be fine for now. You need to get some rest, Val.

Val: A-Alright…

Val sounds more shaken by this than Ash.

7jopg35.png

Ash: You don’t need to say anything. Thank you for being ready to do as I asked, Andrei. I’m just sorry that I had to ask.

Andrei: …Right.

K0CWUEE.png

Alicia: Rest easy. I’ll stop all of this. I promise.

Alicia: Everything already feels like a blur, even though it was moments ago… I… don’t fully understand what happened to me, Ash, but I owe my life to you again. I can’t ever repay you for all of this.

Ash: You just saved my life though, didn’t you? We’re completely even.

Alicia: That’s not the same at all. You would’ve… died for me.

Ash's situation is looking more hopeless than ever. But if Ash doesn't die, Ash x Alicia canon pairing.

Ash: I was already cutting it too close with this magic. I told you that before we came to the capital.

Alicia: … … I didn’t think that it would ever really come to this, though.

Ash: …I’m going to say what I couldn’t before, Alicia. If something does happen to me, and I can’t be saved… Please… protect my brother and sister, if nothing else.

Alicia: Yeah… I promise you, I will. But Ash… Is it even alright for you to continue on, like this?

Ash: …My mind is under more stress than it has ever been. But I have to go on, Alicia. Until this is all over, I have to keep going on.

Alicia: … … And what about me? You said you absorbed dark energy from me, but will I be alright?

Ash: I couldn’t take all of it. There’s probably more dark energy than there was before. I don’t know what it’ll do to you, but I think you can handle it.

Alicia: Layla found two magic seals, you know? We could use the other one right now.

Just in case being rescued by one Chekhov's gun wasn't enough, we have TWO to consider!

Ash: No… it’s possible that there’s a better way to use them that we don’t know about. We should save them until it’s absolutely necessary.

Alicia: That’s a good call… Now, Ash, you should get some rest too. I’m going to deal with Lord Bran.

Ash: You don’t want any help?

Alicia: You’ve done enough for one day. …And I’d rather be alone for now.

JV3WjOK.png

Suddenly, Ash goes off alone. His text starts scrolling slower, and I can't speed it up with Z... IS IT TIME?

Ash: easier. But now we’re in even more of a dire situation than ever. Egardia will be more of a threat, with Legato and Matthias at the helm. Bran was only ever standing in their way… In order to stop them, I must become stronger.

bhA4vCI.png

Ash: So either I embrace this power given to me, or I die having never used it to change anything.

It is! It is time!

3InrIVe.pngKLIwDxD.png

Do do dooo doo dododo da-da!

MOmRL69.png

Dooooo... dododo...

Such an epic song for a great promotion. Ash gains more defenses, offenses, and a bucket of speed, which makes him an amazing caster.

And that's not all our end-of-chapter rewards!

9Vxv001.pngb8sxYGO.png

Val gets one Ruler Crest!

zaJXayD.png

Alicia gets the other! I guess this is due to unit slot reasons?

awTMX46.png

We also get what remains of Olva's war chest. Beautiful.

IPsAvB8.png

AND! We also get a gaiden! I'm not sure if there are any requirements for it, or any reason to not go to it... even giving us a choice of whether or not to do this chapter is honestly more of a formality. Not doing it would put us behind!

ppMJ7Us.png

(I missed the save screen, if you're wondering)

NEXT TIME: A bit of a break after all the huge fights lately.

Ash X Alicia A support doesn't change anything, that happens anyways.

The requirement to get the gaiden is to maintain Emilia alive. And it's good to get it since if you don't you miss on a character (AND A BOSS WHO DOESN'T RETREAT, FINALLY)

I might've overestimated FE404's reputation. Don't mind me then, I was just rambling.

Anyway, I remember reading that the scripted Luna attack was originally supposed to be Nosferatu but it broke stuff so Luna was used instead.

Val's horse used to be bright red? I kind of want to see it now...

Careful what you wish for!

Red%20Horse_zpscxiyipjc.png

(Blocked out enemy name and weapon name; it's not a major spoiler, but better safe than sorry...)

Edited by Wayward Winds

Ash X Alicia A support doesn't change anything, that happens anyways.

The requirement to get the gaiden is to maintain Emilia alive. And it's good to get it since if you don't you miss on a character (AND A BOSS WHO DOESN'T RETREAT, FINALLY)

Okay, so there is a requirement. It would be tough if you missed it. And yeah, we've finally reached the point in the game where we actually get to KILL bosses! Hopefully that sticks.

I might've overestimated FE404's reputation. Don't mind me then, I was just rambling.

Anyway, I remember reading that the scripted Luna attack was originally supposed to be Nosferatu but it broke stuff so Luna was used instead.

I've played a lot of FE hacks, and I'm pretty sure I've seen at least two Raymonds, but I don't remember the homes of either one of them.

The CHAPTER 19X PRELUDE!

2joVhea.png

We aren't "restoring" so much as "defeating leftovers", but hey, it's the thought that counts.

aCGGJ92.pngkzMfHxA.png

Val: Sorry, Em, but now isn’t really a good time to talk.

Emilia: …Yeah, I can see that much. You’ve been crying, haven’t you?

Val: Is it that obvious.

Emilia: Listen, Val… ….I heard about what happened. Well, as much as Andrei could say before he had to stop.

To be honest, for a while now, Ash has been feeling kind of like Florence did back towards the beginning. Is he going to die? Is there some chance he's going to live? I can't tell, but I hope my emotions won't be stretched as much.

Val: …Is it he alright?

Emilia: I figure he’ll do fine.

Val: Thanks for checking up on him. I know that I’m in no position to do it myself right now.

Emilia: Well then, we’d better try and cheer you up a little bit too. Look at what I found for you.

Val: Hm?

c5DR2Gw.png

Val: Y-Yes, it did.

41zTguz.png

It's her promotion horse! She's going to ride it! For her promotion! That's cool!

It's a neat nod, and it says that unlike Eirika and Ephraim, they aren't just pulling blue horses out of nowhere.

Val: To think that it’s remained untouched this whole time…

Emilia: It’s amazing, isn’t it? We found it locked up in the royal stables. I suppose that it was too rare of a treasure for even the Egardians to just get rid of like that. But anyway, it’s yours now.

Val: Emilia… Thank you so much for finding this for me…

Emilia: I’m just glad to see that it’s cheered you up.

Val: It has.

Emilia: …That night, before we left for Verona you told me that there was going to be a harsh road ahead.

Val: …I know that I said that, but I’m still never prepared

RnO77VD.png

Emilia: Don’t say that. I don’t think anyone could just walk away from what happened in there with you. I’m sure that even Ash must be feeling like you are too. …But at some point, like him, you’re going to have to accept certain eventualities, Val.

Val: Eventualities… Yes, you’re right.

Eventualities... I DON'T WANT TO ACCEPT EVENTUALITIES! I want Ash to not die!

Emilia: It’s difficult, but that’s just the way it is.

Val: …Mm. Thanks Em.

Emilia: Now…

EHEKgOL.pngBA5xGUL.png

And here comes our chapter.

Val: They’re still resisting, even now?

Emilia: Yeah. Josephine and I think we’ve tracked them down to the back streets of the city in the north east. There’s not too many of them, but with a lot of our soldiers injured from the fights yesterday, we’re pretty low-manned too.

Val: Hmm…

Emilia: Now, I’d better not keep everyone waiting.

Val: Em, wait.

Emilia: What?

Val: I’ll come along as well.

Emilia: Are you sure about that? You don’t look like you’re in the best state to fight.

K6hyNsY.png

Well, it's as good an excuse as any. Let's get fighting.

Val: As the new ruler of Olva, it’s my job to start bringing this place back to order.

Emilia: … … …Well, alright then. Follow me.

UjSZRHG.png

Emilia: We should be. Let’s just wait for Josie to turn up.

YMSkifr.png

Right on time!

uTBXfW4.png

Josie: I flew over a few times to give them a little scare but it doesn’t look like they have any intention of surrendering to us.

Emilia: Then we’re going to have to force them out. I’ll go ready everyone else.

0EGJR81.png

Josie: I’m sorry that I didn’t come back, but things escalated out here, as you can see now.

Val: That’s fine, Josie.

Josie: I heard there was a little bit of trouble back at the castle. Is everything alright?

Val: …It should be. But we can’t get any information out of Bran.

Val doesn't tell her the whole story yet. That will have to wait.

Josie: …That’s unfortunate. But oh well, I suppose. Now, let’s clean up the city as quickly as we can. I haven’t had a proper day’s rest since we came back to Verona.

OEX1dOr.png

For our boss we have... THIS guy. Apparently his name is Hector. Don't be copying names from good FE lords, stupid boss!

Reddier 1#: Yes sir!

Hector: Good. Lord Bran may have fallen, but Egardia still stands strong. Remember that! Even if we too, are to fall, if we can take down any important figures of the Olvan army, our names will be remembered for the years to come! Now, ready yourselves for battle!

Reddier #2: Yes sir!

bf2U0tg.png

Hector: The Olvans have no idea what they’re getting into. And even if things should go awry, I have my escape route planned perfectly.

I doubt that. This is going to be way easier than last chapter.

3wsRyKT.pngArNMzza.png

Val: Just lay down your arms and surrender and we can all walk away unscathed.

Sadly, this doesn't work.

GqETOcT.png

Emilia: going to listen to reason.

END DIALOGUE

9f3Axph.png

After the last chapter's intensity, this chapter is more like a lighthearted romp. Since most of our units are promoted, this chapter is going to be us power tripping, cutting down the mostly-unpromoted enemy army with relative ease. Hector might have a few tricks up his sleeve, but it's nothing you can't react to. It's also a great place to get the last few levels for anybody still not promoted.

itavP5Z.png

Let's start by making Val realize her true amazingness.

HG2gY4M.png

Now, instead of bright red, it's a shining white horse!

HDhPo87.pngeK2lMER.pngOoIwuXr.png

Just look at it. She's tanky (enough), strong, and fast. And she has 7 MOV. She's going to pretty much be leading any charge my army makes from here on out.

But we're not done!

3sVT5WI.pngVqS5FN3.png6MjqbXB.png

Next up, Gemma the Falcoknight! She's very good for a pegasus knight, though Kieran might be a bit better than her. She has everything she needs to make it in the later chapters.

Hmm... who else?

enMAPVP.pngBTEgqgu.pngqzPTqDA.png

Since I've decided we're officially not using Emilia, Drake takes her knight crest and realizes his true potential. His stats are exactly what you'd expect for a knight: A wall who hits hard and takes a lot.

Last promotion for today:

qfBaNpi.pnglCdeLfb.pngJ9gSnYk.png

Just in case "Hero" wasn't a good name for the class, Mercenaries now promote to DESTROYERS. Andrei isn't quite as exceptional as Val, but he's still going to be a major contributor to this team.

yh2cKHx.png

We only get 9 units, so we can't bring the entire might of our newly promoted army to bear... or at least, not yet. I should note that no units are forced in this chapter - not Val or Emilia or anyone else. You can make your 9-unit team out of whomever you want. Kieran and Skye are the only units who still need some training before promotion, so they'll be getting that this chapter!

You might be wondering where Ash and Alicia are. Well, they're gone. Not "greyed out and saying you can't deploy them" gone, but like, "removed from the unit list" gone. Hopefully, it should be temporary.

CyKlgr7.png2ul6iAy.png

Our rather boring formation and today's nice, compact map. After the huge maps of the last few chapters, it's to have something smaller and simpler.

SPOILER-MAP:

Assyu5n.png

Seeing Emilia and only Emilia on here while skimming made me think this was going to be a chapter with her leading the army or something. Oh well.

Strategy seems pretty simple. Charge forward, up, and around, dealing with any curveballs the enemy throws at us. We're promoted now, it'll be easy!

26sTxbV.png

The generics are higher level than ever, but that doesn't mean they stand any more of a chance!

cKpnM70.pngmDNGLWh.png

Hector himself. He has a White gem to steal if you're super short on cash (I mean, I guess you could get it by making him use his entire Salve, but who wants to do that), and is overall going to be less of a challenge than last chapter's boss. Not something we need to worry about too much.

NEXT TIME: We destroy everyone!

Yeah, I forgot about the secret shop and didn't remember to bring the member's card. And, when I remembered my error, I discovered that I'd left it in the inventory of an un-deployed character, and didn't have any saves left to rectify that issue. Whoops. And because of that, I missed the last shop of the game (seeing as Sacred Blaze hadn't added the current last two back in v1.3).

Don't forget the Secret Shop this time!

Get dem promotion items

This time we'll get it!

Funny thing about this chapter: you can literally deploy 0 units. Of course, if you do that, the cursor bugs out, but it's funny to do.

Also, yeah another FE hack character with Narshen's clothing. Typical.

Wait, really? I thought when you did that and jammed the start button, the game would just go "bzzt bzzt nope". Or was that with FE8 and not FE7?

Yeah, I forgot about the secret shop and didn't remember to bring the member's card. And, when I remembered my error, I discovered that I'd left it in the inventory of an un-deployed character, and didn't have any saves left to rectify that issue. Whoops. And because of that, I missed the last shop of the game (seeing as Sacred Blaze hadn't added the current last two back in v1.3).

Ouch. It's painful to leave anything in un-deployed inventory.

Requiem: Episode 21: Chapter 19x: Rekindle Valkyrie

e4UdqjQ.png

Strongest units up front. Did Gemma get a crit bonus or something? Look at that % chance!

v5Il3MA.png

As expected, pretty much everyone in the lower section of the map clustered around me.

DxqdUNq.png

Not like any of them stand a chance. One-shot!

OFbiqbW.png

Skye collects his nineteenth level almost immediately. Promotion incoming!

fcfvL2i.png

With the starting troops out of the way, we're going to start heading on up this path.

FFOSY95.png

What's inside?

wPfToUr.png

Old guy: this area of the city since the Egardians took charge. He and his soldiers probably know the area inside and out. I’m sure they’ll have a good battle plan, so watch out.

A good battle plan? Let me show you guys something.

PNjZg9g.png

So, most of the walls in this chapter aren't really walls - they're fences. So, if I wanted to, I could send my fliers right over them to attack these guys. But look, there's an archer in my way.

fiZrn0S.png

And he's no regular archer. He's got this special weapon, and it's too risky to let him hit us.

But wait! What if we attacked the archer at melee range and took him out right away?

orhK5zc.png

Nope, the archer's covered by this warrior, who also has a bow. And it's pretty much the same for the sniper there. Trying to send a flier into this area would be extremely risky. It's better to just charge in with everyone at once. That's some pretty clever positioning!

BQLXZ49.pngI9yiezG.pngcSTORjt.png

Just as I really start advancing, things start heating up. A large group of fliers comes in from both sides of the map to harass us. Also, one of them has Kieran's promotion item.

xyYpqbF.png

You know who we need in a time like this? A better archer!

8MGcGta.pngcJyOIuO.pngyrxMc4D.png

Skye promotes to wanderer! He has almost WEIRD amounts of strength for an archer, and I'm pretty sure he's turned out way better than Linda ever would have.

NG6aEEs.png

Ordanze breaks away to check out that house...

fZTPHfq.png

...And Gemma fails to check out this inn...

3UmGpgX.png

Bit risky, but hopefully this will work out.

aYwpwIR.png

It doesn't end particularly well.

30bQSI6.png

But hey, I wasn't attacking him because I wanted him out of the way. I wanted EXP.

nFqp243.png

I don't think mages are the best thing to pit wyverns against. Let's wait a second to promote him...

2l7kO9D.png

You're the only red house in this chapter, and I had to go out of my way to get to you. I hope you have something good!

WWC6S6j.png

Guy: Got any axe users with you? …If so, you should take this with you. I was gonna use it myself, but those damned Egardians got my arm when they were pushing everyone around. …Anyway, thanks for showing some care for those of us ‘round here.

IFbIv6x.png

Excellent. This does exactly what it says it does. Hawke should have it.

Bn0P4sd.png

Gah! I thought Gemma was out of their range!

4xeKGZq.png

Dangit! I was hoping to get through this chapter with no deaths... it's like I'm contractually obligated to reload at least once every chapter...

jR5RTF5.png

Hawke ignores the weapon triangle! GET REVENGE!

VKg2AXm.pngKnb3vIG.png

More groups of fliers arrive, and I'm more worried about the bottom group. You might be thinking Almer's in trouble, but he'll be fine. It's Ordanze I'm more worried about, since he's all alone and going up against lance users. I'm pretty sure this is exactly how Hector and the map designer planned things...

iFbHOVM.png

Now's as good a time as any! UNLOCK YOUR TRUE POWER!

28Vwy4J.pngW6YN8oc.png

Kieran is... well, he has very average, balanced stats for a wyvern lord. I think his defenses are actually really weak for his class, and he should have more of them, though his large amount of HP helps cover it. Still, he's definitely going to be helpful in the endgame.

And with that, we have everyone but Alicia promoted, and we'll be able to promote her the moment she appears again. Consider promotions taken care of for the whole team!

Ky8o3Nc.png

Notice how the other pegasi seem to have stopped existing, leaving just the promoted leader. They injured Ordanze, but not even they can bring him down.

J6hpEhP.png

And now, he's even harder to kill!

Y2K8P30.png

New cavaliers arrive on the stairs, presumably to keep the pressure on. So far, we've pretty much claimed the upper-left part of the map, but the upper middle section you see there is where the most enemies are.

RNm16Av.png

What am I doing, luring out all the bow enemies with Kieran? Well, he's not dead...

tYTFNkg.png

Attention, all enemy units! Your warrior and sniper have been steamrolled, and your boss man isn't going to protect you! Please run away in terror, or be destroyed!

Sadly, they always choose the latter.

Anyways, can you spot the mistake here?

...Give you a minute...

gZJVGAb.pngG5Y4TJI.png

Dangerously luring out the enemies!

4T7TokS.png

GAH! TOO DANGEROUSLY!

VdF5fZ4.png

Okay, maybe I'm power tripping a little TOO much. Let's be slower, it's not like we're in any hurry.

TneVGFb.png

Now that I've lured out the enemies who were advancing, the formation looks a lot less formidable, doesn't it?

RMemWtq.png

The Perfect Edge: Not really perfect after all

cAID6AN.png

Note to self: Kieran is weak to Impulse/Bolting.

IK6ABWE.png

Well, you need to die.

dCPP2mM.png

What is wrong with me!? Why do I keep letting Kieran get in these situations? Maybe next time I should just fly him straight to the enemy commander's unit of 80 snipers! Maybe then I'd learn to keep him out of danger!

L4lgmw0.png

Val decides she isn't good enough, and needs to be even more ridiculously good.

WSphIYU.png

These fliers? They haven't moved since they came in. I don't know if they're waiting for some sort of golden opportunity or what.

1QWCsCQ.pngnFqvvfK.png

Last house!

Informaguy: You heard about that woman who had been stealing weapons from the armory, right? I heard she was around here somewhere, too. …I was hoping to find her, but now that the fighting’s broken out, I’m guessing she wouldn’t stand out in the open, now would she?

This is your hint as to the secret shop's location. It's still not very descriptive.

uSFXxrr.png

Testing... testing...

n8YJLxI.png

Dangit! He does move! Presumably, you could end the chapter right here if you really wanted, not that you'd be skipping much.

SRTrpJV.png

Hector: far? …I’ve underestimated them.

25qGGhO.png

Well, it looks like him and Skye will engage, then Skye will pull back and we'll have an easier time finishing this chapter.

nCZ9Kdl.png

Wait WAIT NO NO NO RESET

Well, that didn't happen.

ML5GiJm.png

We wait another turn, and NOW they decide to start moving.

(I kill them in between this shot and the next because of how pathetic they are)

AXF9Uf2.png

The boss has minions surrounding him, but his range covers most of theirs. We'll have to engage all of them at once, since we can't pick them off one by one.

But before we do that, time for Gemma to fly up and get a Secret Shop!

rJcT5cX.png

Huh? The map guide says this is the square...

6CP7Sqx.png

Uh... I thought maybe it couldn't be a flier who got it... don't know why I thought that...

iCmcKZF.png

A little more fumbling and I do manage to find it. Phew, I almost got worried there...

3u4ej5h.pngseQ34wv.png

She has a positively excellent selection of good weapons and specialized items (no status staves, though...), of which I grab plenty. Sadly, no promotion items, but that's okay. After saying no to using Emilia, I've ended up having pretty much EXACTLY the amount of items I need to promote everyone on my current team.

You know what time it is now?

LsMU4pN.png

SUPPORT TIME! Let's go!

we2vGGd.png

Edward: Well, I want to apologise, but that doesn’t seem to help very much.

Gemma: No, it doesn’t. Just go away.

Edward: Come on… I really am sor-

Gemma: No! I’m not hearing it! I thought we were a team… maybe even friends… But then you went and did something like that. And even worse, you lied right to my face about it. …I can’t trust you.

Edward: Listen, Gemma… I’m a thief… a crook. I admit that much. And I always have. I really didn’t want to lie to you though. But that thing is valuable- really valuable. That’s the truth.

Gemma: How so?

Edward: At face value, it’s just a common gem, but on the inside… There’s a pretty high quality crystal that you’d be hard-pressed to get your hands on elsewhere.

Gee, I wonder if this is symbolic for anything.

Gemma: R-Really!?

Edward: Yeah. The thing is, not many people are going to be able to see that. You’ll have a hard time finding the sell.

So, it's something normal-looking that hides value... and it takes a certain type of person to see it... the symbolism is radiating in waves!

Gemma: Hey, you’re giving me this information so that you can get a cut, aren’t you? No way!

Edward: Hah, and I’m supposed to be the money grubber… Look, I steal for the same reason you do mercenary work.

Gemma: Ha! Of course you do.

Edward: I’m serious. The village that I come from- no, came from rebelled against the country’s leaders. In retaliation, they killed off a bunch of people, namely me and my friends parents.

Gemma: Ed…

Edward: I swear on that. We were left homeless… orphaned. Me, being one of the eldest, started this criminal life just to keep ‘em all alive and well-fed and such. I’ve always told myself that I’d do anything to keep that promise to them. Wouldn’t you do the same, if you were me?

Gemma: … … …N-No.

Edward: Heh… Guess I’d better work on my sob story a bit more, huh? Anyway… people don’t really trust us enough to offer us help, but with the money from that gem we might finally make enough to buy a place to live or something.

Gemma: … …

Edward: …There, I’m done. Once again, I’m sorry about upsetting you.

Gemma: …Dammit. Now you’ve done and made me feel all guilty. Alright.

Edward: …You’re giving it to me?

Gemma: No, silly! I’ll let you get a cut of the pay. You just hold onto it for now. It’s better in your hands.

Edward: R-Right, of course. But are you sure you want to trust me with this?

Gemma: Yeah. Call me crazy, but I think you’ve got a good heart.

Edward: You are crazy, but thanks.

Gemma: Remember though… If you run off with it again, I’ll hunt you down and hit you even harder than before! You’ll wish I’d just kill you… or something like that.

Edward: Ehehehe… Got it. …Definitely crazy.

Gemma: What’s that!?

Edward: Nothing!

hXroJn3.png

Support level increased!

But now, it's time for our FAVORITE pairing.

iU9t2fS.png

Yes, Val x Kieran! I've forgotten about these two for altogether too long, and it's time to change that, starting now!

LGcYCfT.png

Kieran: …

Val: It’s good to see you back with us. Why did you return?

Kieran: …Do I need a reason?

Val: Well, you always just seemed as if you didn’t like it here. You did not speak often, and it did not look like you particularly had eyes for battle either.

Kieran: … …

Val: You know, Kieran… When I first saw you, you looked ready to kill me. In truth, you could have. But you didn’t do it. Why?

Kieran: Do you want me to kill you?

Val: Well, of course not. But it just seemed odd. My Aunt had told me all these things about the strength of dragon riders, so I was terrified. I tried to act brave, but in truth, I was shaking. I shouldn’t have beaten you.

Kieran: …I let my guard down.

Val: For such a straight-faced man, you’re not a good liar. Back there, it was almost like you gave up.

Kieran: There are a few reasons… the first being that I desire only to kill one man. I will do whatever it takes to survive until then. …So I surrendered to your side.

Val: This one man. Would that be Legato?

Kieran: …Your Aunt told you, then.

Val: Yes, she did. I know about what happened up there. You must have lost some very important people to you. I’m sorry.

Kieran: Don’t be…

*Kieran leaves*

Val: W-Wait, weren’t there other reasons?

Other reasons... LIKE SECRETLY LOVING HER?

SwpSooH.png

I still want to get these two to A rank, but it's going to be a rough ride. In order to have them there by the last chapter, I'll need to get them a support level in every single chapter from here on out! Technically, I could miss one, and get it in the last chapter of the game, but I don't know if that would work out. Wish me luck...

RDcbDK6.png

Hawke x Skye A rank. Since the last time we got them supports was practically at the beginning of Ash mode, let me just remind you all: Skye's father threatened to kill Hawke, Skye was mad at Hawke for abandoning him, Hawke thought Skye's father was a big cowardly jerk.

gELpyz0.png

Hawke: Grrr… you’re cutting into my time here. What?!

Skye: Have I really been so blinded to the truth? I’ve always believed in him to be a great man, but since you told me that, all these memories have come flooding in.

Hawke: Oh, man, you are messed up. And I don’t care.

Skye: Hawke!

Hawke: That shot was pretty close, Skye… Are you sure you wanna risk that? Last time we fought, I gave you that scar on your neck there.

Skye: That’s because I underestimated you. But I have beaten you before, and I can do it again.

Hawke: Can you? I’ve gotten stronger, whilst you sat in the shadow of a weakling.

Skye: You will tell me…

Hawke: When’s the last time you’ve swung that sword, Skye? You think you’re ready to fight me with that?

Honestly, I'm not sure how this conversation relates to Skye's promotion, since the Wanderer can actually use swords pretty well. Plus WTA.

Skye: Hawke… I am not joking.

Hawke: Heh… fine then. But it’s not something that I can tell you.

Skye: What?

Hawke: I’ll have to show you. I’ve been around the world, Skye, and I know what it means to be strong.

Skye: Fine then.

Hawke: There’s no going back… You’ll be gone from the desert for a long time, and when you return, who knows how you’ll have changed. You might not even survive.

Skye: I must see it.

Hawke: Haha! Looks like Father will keep his head just a little while longer after all.

Is this the thing that leads to their paired ending?

pmSKmlJ.png

Well, I think that's enough for right now. Let's take down Hector!

kkAjQak.png

To start, let's lure him out by placing Edward as bait.

pEAucY0.png

But little did he know, IT WAS A TRAP!

vdvQdkk.png

And, being fragile, he doesn't last long against an A-supported Hawke.

0E5bpTE.png

Well, now the boss is going to lament about how he could have been great or whatever.

HxyjBT2.png

...Wait, what?

bmsQwYJ.png

Uh... I guess find out what he meant next time?

NEXT TIME: We find out what Hector meant

Get a new character in...

The CHAPTER 19X CONCLUSION!

u1ncoFx.pngV0cP9IM.png

The bosses keep living after we kill them... stay dead like the mooks!

Val: Look, I’m not really in the mood for killing right now, so just surrender, and we can sort this out peacefully.

Josie: So, what will it be?

Hector: … …

8Ia911m.png

Wow, did he just try to attack Val?

Hector: …A true Egardian does not surrender! And I will not die here!

Josie: You…

6hmKsCW.png

...Just summoned a bunch more minions. I thought we cleared all of them?

NtN3mWT.png

Hector runs down past his troops to get away. But what's that bit of blue down there?

Val: He’s trying to get away. We’re not going to get past this lot easily.

Josie: Coward!

3nIfFef.png

Could it be?

Hector: R-Reinforcements?

5utUh4J.pngsRUE0em.png

KENRICK! And once again, he takes care of another boss for us!

hncrtPR.png

Fast forward to when we've fought our way past all the unpromoted generics...

YkS8I9X.png

Val: …Just fine.

Emilia: Same here. Did we lose him, though?

Josie: N-No… not quite.

Val: What do you mean?

aBiWwyq.pngodnMzR8.png

Kenrick: Yes, Kenrick of House Newent, reporting for duty, Lady Valentine.

Val: O-Oh, you’re Emilia’s…

Kenrick: That is correct. I must apologise for not arriving sooner to help you reclaim your capital, Lady Valentine. But when our forces were attacked at Fort Celes, we were forced to retreat.

Val: That’s… quite alright. I’m just glad to see that not everyone was lost. Is your father also with you?

Kenrick: …No, I’m afraid not. His was just one of the many lives that were lost in the battle.

Well, that's okay. Kenrick's the important one, and we never even saw the father, so he isn't important.

Val: O-Oh… I’m sorry to hear that.

Kenrick: Do not concern yourself. Besides, among those of us that did survive, I assure you that the might

CjpqU91.png

Is this referring to Kenrick, or an allied unit, or what? Great Knight sound neat, though.

Kenrick: And I personally, will do my best to live up to him.

Val: …Thank you, Sir Kenrick. I’m glad to have your support.

Kenrick: Thank you, milady.

Val: Now… I’m sure that you two have a lot to talk about.

bgHhEai.pngWsHc4M5.png

Touching reunion time! I'll quiet down...

Emilia: I’d almost started to believe that I’d lost you…

Kenrick: …I’m sorry to have caused you worry, Emilia.

Emilia: “Worry” doesn’t even halfway describe how I felt… Josie told me what she saw at Celes, after the battle. If Val and the others hadn’t been there and needed me, I probably would have given into despair. But… to see you here now…

Kenrick: …I wanted to stay and fight, along with my father.

Emilia: Y-You what?

Kenrick: I wanted to stay. Even though I knew that we wouldn’t win. I’m sorry, but that’s the truth.

Emilia: … … That’s… alright.

Kenrick: It is?

Emilia: Yes. I understand. You are a knight, Kenrick. The most honorable I know, next to your father. I’d never stand in the way of that part of you that I love, even if it meant not being with me.

Kenrick: I… don’t know what to say to that… except… …Thank you, Em.

QEYDSlS.png

Val: I’m glad that they were able to reunite with each other.

Josie: …She’s found herself a good man, that’s for sure.

Val: Mm-hm…

QNrhA3C.png

Val: Hm? Oh yeah, I will, don’t worry.

Josie: I know you’ve just taken up your role as ruler, but with things the way they are you never know when trouble might strike, you know? Healing the city and the people will have to wait some more.

Until the whole "zombie mind control soulless" enemy problem is solved.

Val: …I understand.

Josie: I think I’ll make one more round on the borders to make sure everything’s secure, but I’ll see you back at the castle then, alright? Oh, and you make sure Andrei and the other two do the same.

Val: Got it.

ToJHzdf.png

Val: I’ve done my best to tackle everything that’s come my way. So why am I so helpless in trying to protect Ash? Why do I just have to stand and watch as he suffers? …I don’t want to lose him the same way I lost you two, unable to do anything about it. …But I have to support him until the end, come what may.

With any luck, Ash won't die! I hope.

wfpYkPA.png

NEXT TIME: The Mandatory Hectic Defense Mission

The CHAPTER 20 PRELUDE!

pZbZb0q.png

Here we go. From here on out, if we weren't in lategame before, we are now.

hIOOsm6.png

Andrei: Master… You’ve been gone for two days straight now. It’s good that you’re back.

Josie: I need to find your sister. Do you know where she is?

If the dialogue seems a little odd, keep in mind it was written so that it would make sense if you missed 19x. We didn't, so it reads a little odd, to me at least.

Andrei: … …

Josie: Andrei? What’s the matter?

Andrei: I guess you haven’t heard the news. Whilst you were gone, there were a lot of… developments.

Josie: Hm?

Andrei: Before we could finish things up with Bran, Legato showed up. He tried to kill all of

Mll0Eck.png

Yeah, that's pretty much how that went...

Andrei: In the end though, it was Bran who lost his life.

Josie: Legato was here!? Gods… I had heard about Bran, but nobody said anything about that to me.

Andrei: Yeah…

Josie: But… Andrei, come on, there’s no reason to look so down. Everyone’s alright, aren’t they?

Andrei: …There’s more, Aunt Josie. I have to tell you about what happened after all of that.

tCMNJNS.pngnKA6W53.png

Phew, we skipped it. Less work for me.

Josie: I… don’t even really understand, but that sounds terrible… Damn it, that must have been why Valentine was acting so strangely before.

Andrei: You spoke to Val?

Josie: She came by whilst I was tending to some business in the city. I didn’t think much of her behavior at the time but it must have been really eating at her, in hindsight.

"some business"

Andrei: …Mm.

Josie: …And what about you, Andrei? How are you holding up?

Andrei: I’ll be fine. You know me. If I’m needed, I won’t let it slow me down at all.

Josie: …That’s true. Anyway, I need to find your sister right now.

Val(offscreen): I’m here, Aunt Josie.

cUHeF87.png

Now we're getting today's chapter scenario!

lJ0XLi7.png

Josie: I know where Ray is.

Val: Y-You do? Is he close?

Josie: He’s stationed at Fort Brandine. But it sounds like they’ve had some trouble on the road, so they’re not in a position to continue marching here, to us.

fUAadV2.png

Excellent! More greenie minions for our forces.

Ash: …And we’re going to need it. Let’s be on our way as soon as possible.

fBD6Dbf.png

Josie: …I heard what happened, Valentine. What really happened.

Val: I’m sorry, Aunt Josie. …I wasn’t trying to hide it from you. I was just trying to focus on other things, you know?

Josie: …That’s fine. I know seeing something like that would cause you some distress. How are you now?

Val: …Better. Not happy, but better.

Josie: He likes to bottle his emotions up and push on through to the end. That’s how your uncle put it.

NbbTcWq.pngZsGq90D.png

Alicia: That might have been true before, but he doesn’t seem the same way to me, at least, not anymore.

Well, Alicia, you're the only one he opens up to.

Josie: No?

Alicia: Maybe I’m wrong, but… I think he’s been struggling for a long time, really.

Val: Alicia’s right. I’ve… had some more time to think things over, but he really has been.

Andrei: Huh? …What are you talking about?

Val: I’d rather not say at the moment.

Huh?

Josie: Well, I’m sure we can talk more about this later. If anyone could get some decent conversation out of Ash, it would be his uncle.

Speaking of his uncle, let's head over to the situation at Fort Brandine.

wRvUbmz.png

Rayden and a new character! And they're blue! We have new recruits! The castle they're at also seems to have some allies helping fortify it.

Rayden: There really is no way to prepare against an ability like this, is there? Just when I thought we had time to rest ourselves.

New lady: We’ll be alright, won’t we, my lord? We’ve fought worse battles than this on the way here. We turned them back, so we can do the same here.

Rayden: Let’s not get too overconfident.

DIynNCM.png

They're the EVIL hollows!

Rayden: faced before.

New lady: Ah…

WxsmKMo.png

Rayden: this. I must get to Olva… I’ve made a promise.

Well, if we catch him, he probably won't get to Olva. We'll cart them with us to the final fight, most likely.

Meredith: Well… As long as I’m here, I won’t let anything happen to you.

3cCSYdz.png

And we shouldn't let anything happen to them, either. We're on the scene!

Suddenly, we spot a blue pegasus flying over the battlefield.

qXeFKq5.png

Peg lady: I’ve never seen anything like this before. …If the worst should happen, I could flee with Lord Rayden by air to Olva. …But what kind of person would I be then? A-Are those more enemies?

2C4nFBn.png

Peg lady: I’d better report this.

We're here! We're here to save you from the huge army!

qnHW7bp.png

MYONjP0.png

Peg lady: south-east. Tiomare, Olva, and some others, from the looks of it.

Rayden: …Our message was received in time, then. Thank goodness for that. We might just be able to push these attackers back with minimal loss now.

pQK1XZ5.png

Rayden: forward until the enemy’s attention is diverted.

That's... SORT OF what the greenies will do this chapter (not really).

Pamela: Understood, my lord. We won’t fail you. …Now, please, return to the fort interior. I’d rather not risk your well-being.

Rayden: I’ll be fine, General.

Pamela: A-Alright then. …But I shall remain by your side then, if you don’t mind.

Meredith: H-Hey, wait a minute! You think that I can’t hand-

Rayden: Meredith… it won’t be a problem.

Pamela: Thank you, my lord.

Meredith: But… Well, fine, whatever.

lpv28k2.pnge7tPTY9.png

Ash: Damn them… I’m not going to let them get to Uncle Rayden, of all people, at a time like this. Come on, Val.

Val: Ash… about that. You’re not going to stop using your magic, even now?

Ash: …I’m afraid that’s not even an option any more.

Val: I… I understand, Ash. I’m not going to stop you anymore. But just promise me I won’t have to see you like… that, ever again.

Ash: That, I can promise.

bTtsrh8.png

We can't have him out of the count for gameplay... but in story, I doubt even if he stopped he would be saved...

END DIALOGUE

0RxWkrM.png

Alright, enough depressing talk. This is a fun chapter! So, the endgame of Requiem follows a pretty standard GBA FE structure. There's the "last battle with armies", the "final approach", and then the "final battle". For the first of those, FE8 had the "Defend Rausten" mission, FE7 had "defend Ostia", and Requiem has this chapter. We have to rout the enemy to win, though. Let's get moving!

pxaG5fQ.pngI9JUKGl.png

To start, we have one very last promotion to do. I don't know why Alicia needs a Ruler's crest, but she does.

asQ30ch.pnghpsj3qn.png

Amazing gains! Alicia is a fast and strong sage, doesn't particularly excel in anything, except for having a lot of magic and speed.

lmvmnP2.pngURNu9n2.png5MVGCYq.png

Also, Kenrick has joined the team! We can finally see his stats! He has Ephraim Lord as his class and good stats to boot. The endgame just dumps a ton of good promoted characters on you in general, so you'll never want for power.

I have no idea why he starts with 87 EXP. Probably has something to do with the boss kill.

rf9sdLQ.png

We also gained access to the Reading at some point, courtesy of Alyssa. Soon, hopefully, we'll have more of these icons at max.

9hbVhkR.png

Our team! 13 units, so we can take basically everyone.

GbHVPFw.png

Here's my super clever formation.

IDdJJ0C.png

And here's our map:

SPOILER-MAP:

ws7CwK5.png

So, enemies have basically formed a giant circle around the edges of the map. They'll advance forward from all the directions, and slowly but surely beat back the spread-out allied troop groups... if we don't stop them, that is! We'll travel around the sides, pummeling everyone we see as we go.

uejKhiU.png

Up here is Rayden and our two new characters. Let's take a look!

JGeVai7.png

Rayden comes with a lot of good stuff, including an Impulse!

CzbhiFM.pngxrHG2FA.pngT25CsEy.png

Meredith is a good paladin. Good speed and strength, and will pull her weight if the other two paladins failed you.

dK46SSp.pngdK46SSp.pngrlJaIio.png

Pamela is an equally good falcoknight. They're all "crutch characters", but this hack really doesn't have any Jeigans - every promoted unit is an Oifey. Come to think of it, I should have compared these two to the units I'm currently using...

wdljHte.png

Oddly enough, the unpromoted generics are actually LESS leveled than last time. Of course, there's still a lot more of them about than there are promoted mooks. Hopefully we'll see some more promoted guys in the next few chapters.

8h7zUaG.pngihuVCDU.png

Silaine's troops are weaker, and even though they have promoted units on their side, they won't last forever if we don't help them. That said, since we'll be fighting alongside them instead of rushing ahead while they try to survive, they should be a big help to us.

YVbrYS7.pngvR1VePn.pngu7ii8Lf.pngm0NYEWh.pngOgLjCKV.pngMyiFoVU.png

Man... this hack always makes sure you have items with you. I guess we should be careful greenies don't kill these guys.

WrWwwv9.png

And... Shel is here! Has he gotten any weaker since last time?

r9dFFla.pnggcK8TcG.png

Nope! Of course, we've gotten a lot stronger... could we take him? He doesn't have any terrain backing him, but, I'm honestly not sure. I could probably win the fight but it would be grueling.

And, yes, before you ask, he's going to retreat. We're going to have a chapter with no real boss ONE LAST TIME! Hurrah!

NEXT TIME: The epic battle between Rayden and my guys, and the hollow army!

GROWTHS:

Kenrick:

HP: 80%

Strength: 55%

Speed: 50%

Skill: 45%

Luck: 35%

Defense: 40%

Resistance: 20%

Total: 325%

He's pretty average. If we were using him, he'd fit right in with the rest of our army. In the 17 levels he has left, he'll most likely become more of what he is when he starts; an Ephraim lord!

Meredith:

HP: 70%

Strength: 45%

Speed: 55%

Skill: 55%

Luck: 45%

Defense: 30%

Resistance: 25%

Meredith is very balanced. EVERYONE here is very balanced. There's not much to say about her. She'd be a good if somewhat fragile paladin and that's about it!

Pamela:

HP: 70%

Strength: 40%

Speed: 55%

Skill: 60%

Luck: 40%

Resistance: 30%

She has good skill and defenses for a pegasus knight, in exchange for a bit less speed and resistance than you might expect. As you leveled her, she might become a very balanced pegasus. Of course, since they all come only a few chapters before the end, nobody really has time to become more than what they are already.

Edited by TheMoniker

I've never used Meredith or Pamela. Kenrick I have though (He and Ameila are the Pent/Louise duo including pre-made support IIRC). Pretty solid, but he's basically a Paladin locked to just lances while the others all have two weapons.

Actually, Requiem has another 4 chapters after this, so it's a bit more extended than the typical FE endgame you referred to. The group don't actually know where they've got to go to confront Shel yet either...

Remember to dump some dark magic tomes on Alicia!

I did use Meredith; she was okay but nothing compared to Val... and Kane was still a bit better as well. Pamela? Hardly worth the bother.

One character left!

Edited by Wayward Winds

I've never used Meredith or Pamela. Kenrick I have though (He and Ameila are the Pent/Louise duo including pre-made support IIRC). Pretty solid, but he's basically a Paladin locked to just lances while the others all have two weapons.

Kenrick's only got lances? That makes sense, considering Ephraim, but that's a good reason not to use him.

Actually, Requiem has another 4 chapters after this, so it's a bit more extended than the typical FE endgame you referred to. The group don't actually know where they've got to go to confront Shel yet either...

Remember to dump some dark magic tomes on Alicia!

I did use Meredith; she was okay but nothing compared to Val... and Kane was still a bit better as well. Pamela? Hardly worth the bother.

One character left!

4 more!? If you aren't counting 20, the one we're on now... the Map Guide only goes up to 22... Man, I thought we were almost done! Looks like we still have a ways to go!

Requiem: Episode 22: Chapter 20: Warzone

PMj7QIO.png

Turn 1: Advance! The allies will attract the first few enemies away from us.

uNIXb3o.png51UcCyJ.png

Right off the bat, they start dropping like flies. We don't have long before they reach Rayden!

WQGyWPB.png

Some of the "Silaine" do manage to fight back. Since most of the enemies advance in this chapter, they'll be under constant pressure.

kJBAn8D.png2Mggf98.png

Lots of enemies coming from multiple sides.

2FnAley.png

Thankfully, we do have control of some units this time, so we should be able to hold out just fine until everyone gets there. I don't think we have to worry about enemies seizing the throne, at least.

SeFvYj0.pngXF0lGkm.png

Crits! Crits everywhere!

4vHgGsL.png

Most of the enemies in the bottom don't advance. This is a fact we will use to our advantage.

P5j5PUV.png

On enemy phase, the warrior line barely holds...

When suddenly!

DJc6oof.png

Shel: So, you’ve finally accepted your true nature, Ash. And here I thought you’d gone and lost yourself. …This is good timing.

Ml1OLEF.png

Annnnd he's gone. No boss this chapter. For all intents and purposes, that generic general is now commanding the army.

fqgxXgC.png

Ash: Why… would he be here? I still have no idea what he wants from me.

l2FWm9y.png

Here's how things are looking. All the enemies on the right side are cleared, and no more will spawn. However, the enemies in the bottom-middle are advancing, and they're our next concern, since there's going to be more reinforcements over there and then they'll gain momentum. The top-left is pretty much going to be spawning enemies right up until the end, so we have to get there at some point.

gi6g33U.png

Also, the allied troops get some reinforcements, which is good since they aren't doing so hot.

aevnyAl.png

Let's relax for a moment with Katarina x Drake B!

l8fU9Qb.png

Drake: Yes?

Katarina: What were the countries of the Western Federation like?

And here we go again!

Drake: Hm? You said you were there, didn’t you?

Katarina: I only spent a short time there before all this happened. …I didn’t have time to fully examine the people or the land. …And if Garase and the other countries suffered the same fate as my church then I won’t have a chance to find out more. So… if you don’t mind, would you tell me something?

Drake: I… don’t really know what to tell you. Garase and the other countries were all very similar, and before this, I’d never left it. It felt normal.

Katarina: You’d never been anywhere else?

Drake: The large mountain range to the far west had always been plagued, by all manner of bandits, pillagers, and the like. The countries there banded together as a federation to ensure they never broke through. So most people had it planted in their mind that they’d grow up, become a knight and become a part of the wall that shielded the continent from them.

Katarina: Is it… really that important? Are they that dangerous?

Drake: …I have no idea.

Y6BNCcH.png

I've been kind of skimming all this blah blah worldbuilding, so I don't see either!

Katarina: How can you not know?

Drake: These things were true back before I became a knight. During the Great War, the people fled West from the Emperor only to come across new threats and spent years struggling to hold them back. Now, not much actually happens.

Katarina: Hmmm… Then why have you not thought of traveling elsewhere?

Drake: …That’s why I answered the call to arms when it came around. Even if we were tricked, at the time, being called to protect something called out to me. And that’s why… It’s why I’m so angry at myself for not standing with the Olvans to protect them when they needed it most. I was selfish.

Katarina: Sir Drake… You don’t need to punish yourself anymore.

Drake: Maybe not.

BLBIuOi.png

Well... it did end in some more characterization at least. And more stats!

3Kpalp0.png

Unnecessary crit city!

PDrkk0b.pngrXopIfX.png

Have some wonderful shots of our prepromotes attacking. I can only imagine what the original FE7 animators were thinking when they drew these.

Yji97Oz.pngF2G4vj2.png

He won't die to the stupid wimpy enemies! What was the name again, 3-17 Sniper...?

XIqRHSV.png

As if the wonderful shots from before weren't enough, now the green units are getting in on it too!

wjCtyhS.png

The archers claim the ballistae. What nice guys. Can't do much damage though.

Bacw8jM.pngJmbHsO7.png

More enemies from the bottom and top. The pressure isn't going to ease up for a little while yet.

KUOxRq9.png

Rayden has a staff, and I'm having his heal his allied troops. Most people are happy to let them die off, but I like to keep them around if I can...

NaUBaYl.png

We've finally arrived on-site to handle the troops from the bottom. I consider sending Kieran to get the ballista, but...

XWfFTvA.png

Yeah, this guy is a real problem. Not to mention, that off-color ballista is actually a KILLER ballista. Once again, my fliers are thwarted!

5M9AZIR.png

The enemy numbers are definitely starting to decrease, but the fight is far from over. There's still lots to kill yet.

IjSVeyy.png

And of course, this coward flies up into the mountains to chug her pathetic vulneraries. Get back here and die for the cause!

AtPZkOt.png

How do YOU like being surprised by random reavers, enemy!? HUH!? HOW DO YOU LIKE IT!!?

Jzws3Si.png

There are still lots of enemies, but with our massive army and the allied troops considered, we nearly outnumber them!

Us1K8tt.png

Just wonderful. Don't ever stop, Gemma.

UXm285l.png

I put Rayden at the front. He takes a few hits, but he should-

gW0Oine.png

I forgot about the ballista. Of course I did.

BwzHmQK.png

While desperately trying to shove my army forward so we kill the enemies before they're all gone, I have Ash and Andrei to support. This is more to fill out Ash's last slot than anything else.

D9PPrWV.png

Ash: Andrei.

Andrei: You’ve felt the rush of a fight now, haven’t you?

Ash: Yes, I suppose I have.

Andrei: Can you understand it now?

Ash: Understand what?

Andrei: Don’t you remember when you ragged on me, when I was complaining about my leg injury? After the fight in Brandine?

Ash: Ah, I see. I do understand it a little bit. Every injury is something that weighs on you in the next battle.

Andrei: Exactly! Now you see that? Now you’re a bit more than a skinny little bookworm. You’re nearly a man!

Ash: Nearly a man? I’m older than you. Three years now, in fact.

Andrei: It’s not the age that matters. It’s the title. You have to prove yourself worthy of it.

Ash: What more must I do then?

Andrei: You have to… I know. You’ll have to beat me in a fight!

Ash: Seriously? I don’t want to fight you. I highly doubt I’ll stand a chance, anyways.

Andrei: You’re stepping onto the battlefield day in and day out, yet you’re afraid of a quick round with me? Come on, now.

Ash: I suppose I can’t refuse you, can I?

Andrei: Not that easily, at least. Anyway…

Ash: Andrei, wait.

Andrei: What?

Ash: Is that really all you wanted from me? After everything that’s happened, even you must have something to say to me, personally.

Andrei: …Let’s leave that until after the fight.

ufJ0JrP.png

Sadly, we will never see the results of the fight, because Ash's supports are all maxed.

ASLbusN.png

On the allied phase, this Silaine continues to try to heal... by flying behind enemy lines! What are you doing, lady? Why do you think it's safe out there!?

4wYc09D.png

SEE? What were you thinking??

XcaQ8I7.png

Both of my fliers are doing great today!

E2isHr5.png

Okay, we're finally on the scene. I say it's time to start weakening this bottom group of enemies, bit by bit.

X6SluZB.png

Silaine actually survives all the enemies attacking her. She COULD have been safe by pulling back into the mountains. But no, she decides to move back one square. Wow.

yP9wkRz.png

Right as I decide to start working on the bottom formation, more people come in to bolster it.

itkokBI.png

Maybe the reason the peg thought she was safe was because she was behind thickets - technically out of enemy range. But now, that illusion has been shattered. They'll kill her and then attack our back lines!

JB6r9j4.pngmWbco5a.png

Alicia, uh... wow, bad idea me. She did live, though!

ET3i7c0.png

Our units are spread all over the place. I ended up leaving a few units back at the bottom-middle part, thinking more reinforcements would come, but the enemies dried up quite quickly. Now we just have to handle the left side.

t84GpMP.png

Ow.

RolOXb6.png

I'm getting tired of these stupid ballisticians! I think it's time Kieran took them on, now that he has the other pegasus knight "backing him up" (read: Attracting the sniper's attention).

bItEYlJ.pngGwFFetu.png

The pegasus didn't just live, she's continuing to fight! What's wrong with her?

toRp5h2.png

Man, all the green pegasi are doing really well today. It's almost weird.

VDIop5E.png

Val, come on. You're better than that.

uOOQFsX.png

Die! You've been a thorn in all our sides for too long!

plwyKro.png

Finally, both of the pegasi are killed.

mdFqbuO.png

But thanks (in small part) to their sacrifice, we're on the verge of victory. The enemy forces have just run out of steam, steam in this case being reinforcements to replace all the people we're killing. As is common in lategame chapters, you win once the reinforcements stop.

Hd1u1qA.png

I don't know why, but I always like to have the convoy hold whatever gate needs to be held on any given chapter.

VbTpSr9.png

The wyverns, finished preying on their weaker pegasus-riding counterpart, now move to take out MY ballisticians, just as my wyvern took out theirs, Oh, the parallels! I think it's symbolic somehow.

hqvfY6l.pngsE0yttJ.png

Kieran attracts a lot of hits. It's time to pull him back now that he's accomplished his mission.

YWpj24D.png

...Lance... magnetism...?

rGtxHBH.pngFbJlQui.png

By zapping this guy out of the sky, we've basically won. Not much left to do but mop up...

f4j3r7R.png

I end up rescuing a few greenies who are a little bit over-eager to do the mopping up for us, and...

VrEIZPM.png

See the general and sniper? Guess what's special about these guys. They don't move! They'll never advance of their own volition!

f3iTwQA.png

Before long, they're the only ones left.

Now, I (offscreen-ly) activate... SUPPORT FORMATION!

Auui2xB.png

This isn't a support, just a talk conversation.

viAGgTz.png

Alicia: …Andrei? What is it?

Andrei: …I just figured that I’d check up on you.

Alicia: R-Really now?

Andrei: Well, yeah. After everything that happened, both Ash and Val had a lot on their minds, it seemed. So I figured you might too, but didn’t have anyone talk to.

Alicia: …Thank you for your kindness, but I’m fine, I promise. How about you?

Andrei: Well… I’m just glad that your magic seal idea worked out. I might have said that I could kill Ash back there, but I wasn’t sure. It’s possible that I would have hesitated in the final moment.

Alicia: Hey, that’s okay. The thought that you could made you braver than your sister and I were, I’d say.

Andrei: …Maybe so. But anyway, I also… Hmm, no, maybe I shouldn’t…

Alicia: …It’s about Lord Bran, isn’t it?

Andrei: I know it doesn’t mean much, coming from me, but I’m sorry. For your loss, that is.

Alicia: That’s alright… The initial shock of it all obviously affected me, but after giving myself some time, it doesn’t sadden me that much. After all, even though he died, he re-acknowledged me. That’s the best thing I could have hoped for, I think. And that’s why… I can be

MYvjbF8.png

So THAT'S why she needed and had a Ruler's crest? I guess?

Andrei: …You really are quite strong, Alicia.

Alicia: Heh… First your concern for me, and now the compliments. I thought you were the rough natured one of the lot, but you actually do have a sweet side to you, don’t you?

Andrei: E-Er… sure… Alright, see you around.

Alicia: Hahaha…

g0kKMuw.png

Okay, I know I've really slacked on getting those conversations in for most of Ash mode. It's just that, as we get more units, most of the time the ones I need aren't deployed, so I can't get them all.

Anyways, now to use the support formation for actual supports. Of course, none of us are going to support with the green general. He can just enjoy the support-filled atmosphere, I guess.

35Dxzc6.png

Alicia x Drake C!

DFD9oig.png

Drake: Yes?

Alicia: I’ve noticed that since Ash got here, you’ve broken your oath to be my shield… several times.

Drake: What of it?

Alicia: “What of it”? I saved your life… does that not mean anything to you?!

Drake: What life do you think that you saved? It was already forfeit. I was ready to die.

Alicia: That can’t be true. Why are you still here, then? Explain that.

Drake: You said you needed me.

Alicia: That makes no sense! If you recognize that, then why aren’t you protecting me on the battlefield?

Drake: If my selfishness, I was going to lead a helpless, ill woman to her death in order to guarantee my own freedom. That by itself should have warranted my life’s end.

Alicia: What? You’re talking about Lady Florence, right?

Drake: I will never see that woman again, but I can keep her son safe, as a form of payback. As such, I shall put his life before yours. That is your answer.

GN3cfyy.png

Alicia: To actually come out and just say something like that!

5Z7Eg9G.png

...I kind of feel like we weren't meant to wait until now to get that support, considering that this was one we could've gotten on the second chapter of Ash mode. Maybe their B support will be better?

Yeg6gnq.png

Speaking of B supports, Katarina x Clare B!

58fBP38.png

Katarina: Your holiness.

Clare: Please… Don’t do that. I don’t know why you think I am whatever you’re thinking, but I’m not. Can I just be Clare again?

Katarina: V-Very well. What did you require of me, Clare?

Clare: I’m not your superior either. Please, Clare, can we just talk… as people?

Katarina: Y-Yes, of course. What is it?

Clare: I’m not really what you think. My life was very sheltered, and I don’t know much about religion… or truly helping others, and I was just wondering… What does it mean to be a Sister of the church? …Is it just the same as it is for me now? I’d like your guidance.

Katarina: Oh… My apologies. I’ve been acting a fool. Well… in the end that I suppose it is not so different.

Clare: Then, why did you join the church?

Katarina: Hmm… That’s a somewhat long story, so I’ll just say the important parts. At first, I was just like you. I knew very little of the world. In my village, which is not of this continent, however, people of the church often visited, helping the townsfolk. On one day, when my grandfather died, my mother was stricken ill with grief. No amount of medicine or other treatments seemed to do very much to help her. So my father reached out to one of the church members for help. After only a few hours, my mother was cured. Yet the church sister offered no physical treatment. She simply spoke to her. Even though my mother did not know this woman, she took her words completely to heart.

Clare: Wow… really? Just by talking to her?

Katarina: Yes, indeed. …That moment inspired me. After that I decided to pursue the church and join them. I too, wanted to help people, as that woman did for my mother.

Clare: I see. …That really is inspiring. Thank you, Sister Katarina.

Katarina: You’re welcome.

extbLXz.png

I'm honestly not sure what to say about the support, if anything. Let's just move on to obviously the most important one:

Y3sEMFh.png

Val x Kieran B!

Pm7SKD3.png

Val: I thought he was here. But it’s just the dragon. Hmm…

KblLSwX.png

Kieran: And don’t follow me.

It was a trap!

Val: Gah! I wasn’t following you. I just wanted to talk.

Kieran: More talking?

Val: Kieran… you’re hurting me. C-Can you let go?

Kieran: … Sorry.

Val: T-Thank you. Ouch…

Kieran: …

Val: You said you had other reasons, right? For not fighting your best back then.

Kieran: … … Why is this so important to you?

Val: I’m just… interested in you, I suppose. …I’d like to know more about you.

Val: W-Why are you staring at me like that? …Is something wrong?

Kieran: Another reason is that I realized that being with that group of fodder wouldn’t get me any closer to him. In addition to that, I knew you were related to Lady Josephine, and I’d rather not have been made an enemy of her.

Val: That does make a lot of sense.

Kieran: There’s more…

Val: T-There is? I’m sorry, please continue.

Kieran: …You reminded me of someone.

Reminded him of LONG-LOST LOVE?

Val: …May I ask who?

Kieran: The woman I was charged to protect in my service of Berran. …Lady Ranelle. That is why I could not fight you so easily.

Val: Oh… I see… I’m sorry for prying. I assume that she was important to you.

Kieran: …Yes, she was…

Oh, hey! That really was it!

Val: …Just like Aunt Josie’s husband. Now that she’s gone, you feel as though you have nothing left.

Kieran: So, you do understand then.

Val: No, I can’t say I do.

Kieran: …What?

Val: Even though I’m well of age, I’ve never known love like that before, personally. And while I saw how much pain Josie was in, I never spoke to her about it. …So I can’t imagine what it’s like to lose someone like that. But my mother once said to me that someone you truly love becomes a part of you. And when you lose them, or when you’re worried for them, it’s not the same as when it’s someone you simply care for.

Kieran: …Interesting.

Val: If that is true, then I’m sorry Kieran. I had no idea –that is until now, that you were hurting so deep inside. You shouldn’t keep it all to yourself. If you ever need anything, please… let me know.

Kieran: … … I’ll keep that in mind.

2RXMIlr.png

Okay, okay, we've read a LOT of words today. Let's just do one more and then be done.

hoiCRyk.png

Kane x Ordanze B!

Zo8K5BB.png

Kane: Sir Ordanze.

Ordanze: Maybe I wasn’t clear enough in what I said before. …I will not fight you.

Kane: …Very well. I can accept that.

Ordanze: …Good. Then as I said before, Begone. I have no business with you.

Kane: …I suppose that the rumors of Tiomare’s soldiers being frightened of battle are true. A shame, really.

Ordanze: You… What did you just say?

Kane: Oh, nothing. But it is clear to me now why the Egardians made quick work of Tiomare’s soldiers when they attacked.

Wow, Kane, that's super mean! Don't mean-ly reference disasters like that! I thought you weren't a bad guy!

*Ordanze moves closer*

Ordanze: !!!

*Ordanzes moves away*

Ordanze: No… you’re trying to provoke me, aren’t you? And you call yourself a knight. How pathetic.

Kane: No, I already told you. I am but another warrior at this time. The same as you.

Ordanze: …Enough of this. Take your provocations elsewhere.

Kane: The wise Lady Laraya must feel so helpless, surrounded by such weaklings. But it’s just as well, I suppose. If she were surrounded by stronger people, she would surely be unable to control them, herself.

Wow, I'm starting to not like Kane! He's being way too mean! What's he even trying to do?

*Ordanze moves closer*

Ordanze: You go too far. I suggest you take those words back, knight.

Kane: …I will not.

Ordanze: You really want to do this, huh? I’m going to make you take those

FPKATKd.png

This is escalating fast!

Ordanze: I promise you that. *leaves*

Kane: …I cannot be proud of myself. But I will make you see the truth that we all must see.

iotqWXM.png

Well, now we have to see the A support, don't we...

QpE4ZTv.png

Drake beats up the last 2 enemies, and then we are DONE.

NEXT TIME: We all meet back up, and decide our final destination.

4 more!? If you aren't counting 20, the one we're on now... the Map Guide only goes up to 22... Man, I thought we were almost done! Looks like we still have a ways to go!

Yep, four after this one. The guy doing the map guide gave up before getting to the last two chapters, so there's no maps for them.

Sacred Blaze also did something unusual for Alicia/Hector mode; he made it a single standalone chapter that a) acts as a sort of last epilogue, b) gives you backstory to Requiem's world, and c) allows you to grind up any supports you missed during your main playthrough (the chapter loops back on itself). There's no battle to it, so I won't be surprised if you skip that one.

Yep, four after this one. The guy doing the map guide gave up before getting to the last two chapters, so there's no maps for them.

Sacred Blaze also did something unusual for Alicia/Hector mode; he made it a single standalone chapter that a) acts as a sort of last epilogue, b) gives you backstory to Requiem's world, and c) allows you to grind up any supports you missed during your main playthrough (the chapter loops back on itself). There's no battle to it, so I won't be surprised if you skip that one.

Four more? Wow, we're going to be here a little longer than I thought! About the last Alicia Mode chapter, I'm not sure whether I should do it or not. How important is it to understand everything? Hmm... I'll set up a poll and ask what you guys want.

The CHAPTER 20 CONCLUSION!

M0DYNzJ.png

Val: Are you alright, Uncle?

Rayden: Thanks to you, yes. We faced a tough road on the way here. We probably wouldn’t have made it out of another battle in our state.

Make that definitely. The allies didn't last long.

Ash: What exactly happened?

Rayden: Egardian soldiers were lying in wait not long after we had come inland from Tiomare.

Ash: …Alicia had said something about that. They must have been Legato’s soldiers. We should have come sooner.

Rayden: Don’t worry about that. After all, I’ve heard you’ve had your fair share of battle in the past few weeks, haven’t you Valentine?

U6iuIE6.png

Lots of fights. We've gotten so many levels, we're all stronger than you now.

Val: and things didn’t exactly go smoothly.

Rayden: What do you mean?

Val: Olva had been left in quite a state and there’ll be a lot of work needed to bring it back to what it once was.

Rayden: Perhaps it was too much to expect their soldiers to be kind… I’m sorry to hear that.

6tnobWn.png

Yeah, come to think of it, it's usually Ash who ends up missing the reunions.

Val: Of course. They’re just gone off to do a little perimeter check.

Alright, now let's meet the new characters we won't use! They do, at least, have more time to get supports than I initially assumed.

im9eJlD.png

Rayden: …I’ll hear your report later. But let me introduce you. You may remember her from ten years ago, Valentine, but this is my guardian, Meredith of House Targray.

Meredith: Hello again, Lady Valentine.

Val: I do remember you, actually. It’s nice to see you again.

lOOxxzI.png

Rayden: I’ve brought with me. I assure you that she’s very capable.

Val: I don’t doubt that.

Pamela: Thank you, my lady. It’s an honour to meet you.

Val: …I almost regret not waiting for you, Uncle. With a force like this,

eMZxUzA.png

It would've been easier, but I hope we at least levy these guys against Shel's army at some point.

Rayden: …While you have the time, perhaps Pamela can show you exactly what we’ve brought along with us.

Val: If you don’t mind?

Pamela: Please, follow me.

R3uAN03.pngb0dBWBS.png

That's right, Rayden is the one who knows the most about Ash's magic! Maybe he can help?

Rayden: You must tell me everything.

Ash: …Alright. But not here.

Rayden: Inside, then.

EyUaMbD.png

Ash: Yes, not much has changed there. But I’ve learned a lot about this magic of mine, since we’ve met. I… almost lost myself to it, just after taking Olva back.

Rayden: I see…

Ash: It’s taking everything I have to repel it from taking hold of me now.

2pmHktM.png

Don't say it, Ash! Surely, we've had enough characters die?

Rayden: Time left? Until what, exactly?

Ash: You saw those soldiers we were fighting, didn’t you? I could become something much worse, I’m guessing.

Rayden: That’s… Do the others know?

Ash: I… haven’t told them directly, but I’m sure that they’re aware of it.

Rayden: Hmm… So, tell me Ash, what exactly are we up against here? I’d hoped it would be just Egardians, but what’s our plan of action for the future?

Ash: Legato is our primary target. He and Matthias managed to escape us in Olva, but it’s likely that they hold a lot of information we’ll need. But there’s also this sage…

LhiyeLk.png

And he ran away, the coward!

Rayden: A sage?

Ash: Yes… He’s also obtained this dark magic I use, somehow. But he’s much more powerful than I am. He wanted me to join his side. He seems to think that by using this magic he can obtain heights of power beyond that which we already know of.

Rayden: Where have I heard something like that before?

Ash: Hm?

tEs1W4R.png

He knows about him?

Ash: What?

Rayden: Sometime before the great war, there was a man – a sage, to be more precise – under the employ of the emperor. He made huge breakthroughs in our knowledge of magic throughout his life, but as he continued to try and better himself, he eventually went too far and drew the ire of the Emperor himself. …As a result, he was locked away in an underground prison.

So that's Shel's backstory. He was a sage who turned evil and became too powerful, but was sealed away forever, and now he's escaped and we need to stop him! Looks like your standard sealed-evil-in-a-can with a few twists.

Ash: …You’ve never told me about this before.

Rayden: I’d never seen the need.

Ash: But surely you’re not-

Rayden: Dark magic is by nature unnatural. It can only be used well by mages who have been cut off from the world.

Ash was lost to the world for a few years. He might not have gotten involved with the dark magic if he

j36gw4n.png

Alicia: then it must have been all he could connect with. A mage with that much time would become very powerful very easily.

Rayden: You’re that girl from before… Bran’s-

Ash: This is Alicia, Uncle. She and I have been working together to try and uncover as much as we can about this magic. You also have her to thank for being able to see me again.

Rayden: I see… Thank you.

zCCZxnP.png

Alicia: about this… “Shel” person. I didn’t think he really existed.

Rayden: He was meant to be forgotten.

Ash: Shel… I’ve misunderstood him.

Alicia: What? Ash, don’t tell me that you feel sorry for him. He’s a madman, you know that.

Ash: Of course… But I had always thought that

AY7iaX4.png

But then, if that's not the case, does that mean the voice is a personification of the dark magic, trying to claim all it can?

Ash: But at some point, he must have let the dark magic corrupt him into what he is now.

Alicia: If he has some sort of endgame to whatever he’s planning, that prison must be where he’ll do it.

4xwHKZi.png

So, our final battle's going to be in a prison? That sounds like an interesting environment... I wonder if the prison's lower floors are filled with bottomless pits and ancient runes?

Ash: …Yes, you’re probably right. Do you know where it is, Uncle?

Rayden: …It’s in Berran. But I can’t exactly say where.

Ash: Berran… would Aunt Josie know?

Rayden: No… I doubt it. The prison was not an official place. People who went down there were never supposed to return to the surface again. So knowledge of the place was purely on a ‘need to know’ basis. I’d be surprised if anyone from Berran except Josie’s husband knew of the place at all.

Ash: …Well, I suppose whatever their plan is will be more difficult to conceal than a prison, so we’ll find it.

Rayden: I’ll do what I can to pinpoint it’s location.

UR4WOYw.png

Rayden: Ash?

Ash: S-Sorry… This happens more frequently as of late. I’ll need some time.

paCReU1.png

Alicia: Um… I should get-

Rayden: It’s alright. You don’t need to get all tense around me.

Alicia: O-Oh, alright. That’s good to know. I can see that Ash thinks very highly of you. He’s more honest around you than he is with the others.

Rayden: …And you too, it would seem.

Alicia: …Yeah, I guess you could say that. … …

Rayden: What’s the matter?

Alicia: Ash told you about what happened in Olva, right?

Rayden: In brief, at least.

Alicia: Well, it was all my fault. Yet Ash just acted like it was nothing.

To be fair, Ash was slowly heading for death anyways...

Rayden: …He has a tendency to take responsibility for everything whenever he causes a problem for others. He must feel that he’s wronged you in some way.

Alicia: …But he hasn’t. And he shouldn’t feel like he has.

Rayden: Ash is very stubborn when it comes to himself. …Don’t let it get to you too much for now.

Alicia: Mm… okay.

Rayden: Now, anyway, I have some business to attend to. Please excuse me for now.

I65nq8Z.png

Alicia: It’s been a long time since I’ve been there.

4elyVVE.png

NEXT TIME: We start the march to the final battle, and get our last character!

The CHAPTER 21 PRELUDE!

ILBygTk.png

I'm not totally sure I get the chapter title. Not everything is going to converge quite yet.

UJkttPn.pngFiBfBzc.png

Val: And there’s nothing that can be done to help?

Rayden: Not by me. This dark magic has corrupted him beyond a level I even thought possible. Normal magic

75nvx91.png

I guess we can't just use Heal staves...

Val: …I see.

Rayden: Valentine, I’m sorry.

Val: Hm? It’s alright, Uncle, I didn’t expect there to be a quick fix.

Rayden: Not about that… I know that you know your brother even better than I do. So… since you’ve reunited, you must be coming to realize some things about him that your love has blinded you from. And perhaps things I should have told you when I realized.

Val: … … Of course I’ve realized… But I don’t care about any of that right now. I just want this all to end.

Rayden: …As do I.

DrkCLNB.png

Wait, what?

3rbF6lo.png

Yeah, I 100% agree with Ash here.

Rayden: What is it?

Val: Ash?

Ash: O-Oh, Val, did you say something?

Val: I was just talking to Uncle Ray.

Ash: …No, it wasn’t that… I could’ve sworn I heard someone calling to me. … …

Val: We didn’t hear anything.

Ash: Hmm… Anyway, how long have I been out for?

Val: A few days. You had us a little worried.

Ash: Days? I’ve wasted valuable time… I’m sorry, you two.

A few days? Yeah, that is a lot of lost time! We need to get to the final boss before the world ends!

Rayden: Not a problem. You gave my soldiers time to recover, and we’ve brought our people up to speed on where we’re heading.

Ash: …And how did that go down?

7944Ln4.png

Val: But how are you feeling? Are you ready to get going?

Ash: …yes, I think so.

82YBE18.png

Let's go!

u3jL3gN.png

Today's battle locale. A bit generic. What kind of name is "Central pass", anyways?

jufSXME.png5PZJJm3.png

Val: Everything alright?

Andrei: yeah, I mean, you’ve not said a word since we’ve set off.

Josie: …Going back to Berran is always difficult for me. And the thought of fighting there doesn’t give me any comfort. It feels… disrespectful.

Val: You’re not doing anything wrong.

Josie: …I get that, of course I do. But if they really are up here, it wasn’t done on the spur of the moment. Legato’s had this planned the whole time, and it’s gone right under my nose. I’ve let the man who destroyed my lands use them for evil.

MNYfaCD.png

If we have ANY MORE bosses escape, I swear...

Josie: …Mm, yeah. That’ll make me feel a little bit better, I guess.

W7dGWQ3.png

Rayden: …She’ll be fine.

Val: Are you sure?

Backstory time!

Rayden: Her… no, our history with Legato goes back further than just the events that took place in Berran. The truth is that a long time ago, Legato was a knight under the service of our

U6GnMhw.png

Val: He was?

Andrei: You two’ve never told us anything about that before.

Rayden: That’s because it only makes us remember the times when she, Florence, and I were on the run from the empire. Your mother’s probably told you about how tough those times were for herself, but for Josie… well, I might dare to say that those few years were even harder on her than those after losing her husband.

Val: Wait a minute… Are you saying that Legato…

Rayden: Exactly. He was involved with that, too. He betrayed us, and then came along with the Empire’s army that burned our lands to the ground.

Val: That’s terrible…

Rayden: But the worst thing after all the strife that he’s

2gIp9Nr.png

Rayden: Why has he never targeted the things important to Florence and I? Why only her?

Well, there's also Kieran, but he hasn't been relevant outside of supports in a while. I have to wonder what his motivations are. At the same time, though, I can't bring Josie in to the endgame levels because she's a crutch character... hmmm...

Val: …I guess that explains why she always gets so worked up every time he shows up. I’d even thought her hatred was – at times – a bit much, but now… I can’t fault her at all for how she feels.

Rayden: My thoughts exactly.

MLGy68W.pngLtZLIgx.png

Alright, on to other things. Hmm... this certainly isn't the same evil voice that accosted Ash before. Maybe it is the evil voice, but tricking him?

Alicia: There what is?

Ash: Someone is close. They’re calling out to me.

Alicia: You mean…

Ash: No… not like that.

Lid4HyC.pngeLmNb2b.png

Alicia: Damn it! Ash!

I think I might have an idea. Maybe... it's the voice of an evil siren, trying to lure Ash out to trap and kill him!

8BFxVZc.png

Oh, great. At least Ash hasn't dashed himself into a dangerous position.

Jqpj4Gy.png

Ash: They need our help.

Alicia: Hey, I’m not doubting you. But you can’t just go running off like that in your state. We’d better wait for everyone else.

Ash: Alright. But we need to find this person I can hear. I don’t know how they’re talking to me, but if they can do that, they might be able to tell us something.

END DIALOGUE

fVvhPGx.png

Okay! So, I THOUGHT this chapter was the designated "final approach" level, but I was actually wrong. That being said, even if I was wrong, it still fits that archetype very well. It's really remniscient of the second-to-last FE7 chapter where you're trying to fight the sage lady and get to the big bad temple on badon island temple or whatever.

...Man, it's been a while since I played that game.

guUf47d.png

We have 13 units prepped for endgame and 12 slots, so I sadly end up leaving Gemma behind.

But, before we can head out, since we're getting so close to the end of everything, I say it's time for STATBOOSTERS! I'll show the most notable ones:

ceq6FN7.pngZF2831V.png

To start, Ash gets a body ring since it feels like every tome weighs him down, and a speedwing to go with it. He should act MUCH faster now.

rT8yLsL.png

Gemma gets the other body ring (I only had 1 copy of most statboosters, and of all the stuff to give us 2 of... Body Rings??)

fzzU46F.pngzg9SUc9.png

I also distribute the others to the units who need them.

0D5CXrk.png

Also, while sorting my inventory, I discovered that I've just had this perfectly good Magic Shroud/Delphi Shield just lying around, TOTALLY UNUSED, for who-knows-how-long. I feel like an idiot now.

vlx50un.png

Brilliant unit placement as usual.

ytHC0VP.png

SPOILER-MAP:

D5iX07V.png

We're only going to get to enjoy a few more of these. I'll have to make them myself for the last few chapters, won't I? Sigh...

Alright! So, in this chapter, we'll need to split up into one bigger and one smaller group to advance to the top. One will take the "main" way with the bridge, the other will cross the side with the snag. Thankfully, there are some reinforcements but not too many, so this chapter is actually going to go by faster than it looks.

e3QALcZ.png

However... this chapter starts off at the enemy cap! Wow! If you slack on killing, some of the reinforcements might actually get blocked.

OMtxtHE.pngddU3kAr.pngUJiVd1r.pngFQrIMGv.png

Still looking out for our items, even on our last-chance opportunity to shop. I wish more hacks would do this, honestly.

And that's all for now! Next time, we'll be seeing some new arrivals!

Sneaky Moniker, voting in your own poll! I'm going to abstain for now; on the one hand I think you should complete Requiem properly, but on the other hand wanting you to transcribe all that text for no real gameplay seems a little mean.

So where do the shops pop up? They aren't on the spoiler map because that was created from v1.3, before the shops were inserted. From your minimap screenshot it looks like they might be just above the bridge...

Don't take too long getting to Thelma; she's powerful but she's going to be on the wrong side of the weapon triangle when she goes up against those mercenaries.

And yes, we are now officially past the point of cowardly bosses.

I disappear from the Forest for like half a year, only to come back to the sad news of this LP being Moniker's last. You were one of my favorite LPers Moniker, and I'll miss your commentary when you're gone.

For now, though, I'll just enjoy what's left.

Make sure to have Katarina interact with the boss once they show up.

Since they looked a lot like Katarina, I thought the exact same thing, which is good since I'm a ways ahead in my recording. But what would go differently if I didn't have Katarina fight them?

Sneaky Moniker, voting in your own poll! I'm going to abstain for now; on the one hand I think you should complete Requiem properly, but on the other hand wanting you to transcribe all that text for no real gameplay seems a little mean.

So where do the shops pop up? They aren't on the spoiler map because that was created from v1.3, before the shops were inserted. From your minimap screenshot it looks like they might be just above the bridge...

Don't take too long getting to Thelma; she's powerful but she's going to be on the wrong side of the weapon triangle when she goes up against those mercenaries.

And yes, we are now officially past the point of cowardly bosses.

I mostly just voted in it so that I could see the results without having to click "show results". It looks like Yes is winning out big time, though. I should've known. And, yeah, I forgot to mention the shops! Your guess is right, they are right above the bridge. You'll see them this episode.

I disappear from the Forest for like half a year, only to come back to the sad news of this LP being Moniker's last. You were one of my favorite LPers Moniker, and I'll miss your commentary when you're gone.

For now, though, I'll just enjoy what's left.

Thank you! I'm glad you've liked my stuff.

Requiem: Episode 23: Chapter 21: Mountains of Murder

8MG9Zly.pngO4cmC31.png

I advance all my units, and right off the start we're under attack by a lot of mooks! Thankfully, my whole army is together right now, and I can pretty much kill one unit for every unit I have, since we can 2-shot and double.

cPeeaNO.png

For his first level of the chapter, Skye maxes strength. He's a great archer.

BFPuHaG.png

The toughest challenge we have to overcome right at the start is this swordsmaster. Val takes care of that.

wPPpseB.png

End of the second turn, and most of the first wave is completely cleared out! We're ready to move up!

That red dot in the middle is a random mercenary. He can live for enemy phase. He's not a threat to anyone.

tA6ftae.png

More enemies are coming down from the top.

ndvqDk4.pngUGeu5Aq.png

Reinforcements already! Do note that in the second picture, the cavaliers were the only ones there before. Five people from one cave!

Cod8yck.png

Okay, time to get my group splits down. Ash, Alicia, and some others will be heading this way. There's less enemies, and hopefully they can make it in time to rescue the ally who's going to appear.

vR3WQYu.png

The other group has more people, since they'll be fighting the brunt of the downward-advancing forces. We'll meet up at the top!

MZBU3l5.png

Things get more peaceful for the smaller group. So peaceful, I have time to grab a support...

jGEShPk.png

Alicia: … … Hmph.

Drake: Don’t be childish.

Alicia: Well, what did you expect? Give me one reason why I should keep talking to you.

Drake: I need to ask you something.

Alicia: Now you want me to give you answers? You don’t even care that you hurt my feelings, do you?

Drake: … …

Alicia: Do you even know why I saved you?

Drake: Because you wanted a shield… you already said that.

Alicia: No, you idiot! I could have chosen any old knight, and the result would have been just about the same! Or do you really think you’re that special?

Drake: …Then why did you save me?

Alicia: Do I really need to say it? I felt sorry for you, alright? I may not have seemed like it at first, but I am human, you know? You really wanted to go back home, yet unexpectedly, even the Olvans forced you out. My thinking was that if I kept you alive just that much longer, Lord Bran would have achieved his conquest and you could go back home, like you’d wanted to then. So show some gratitude.

Drake: … …

Alicia: Still nothing, huh? Well then, forget it. Forget about all of it.

GH7GDTf.pngHPQ4Lww.png

Holy cow! This got BRUTAL!

*Alicia leaves*

Drake: …

gnxuNwm.png

INCREASED!? It should have dropped to a D by now, where they reduce each other's stats!

Honestly, I just wanted this support to help the both of them get stat boosts... Now, I profoundly regret that decision, since Drake and Alicia have maxed supports now (or, Drake will soon) and we'll never see the A and get a satisfying conclusion.

jjpvNjW.png

On the other group's end, there's some enemies hanging out on the top side of the bridge. Val claims the fort to pummel them with.

nDAyOah.pngUNGaPFX.png

She does wonderfully. Everything looks good...

Time for the tactical curveball!

aXzx2SN.png

Hero lady: What am I even doing, coming out to a place like this? What am I hoping to accomplish?

xXdzgVF.png

Hero lady: who’s done so much for herself.

5yHGqEe.png

Meet Thelma! She's here to help, and Val recruits her, as is obvious.

SwsJuBM.png9hbZxfx.pngGPCdEUt.png

tGGrrtG.png

As our last character, she brings a lot to the table! High stats, good items and weapon ranks... the only problem is, we already have a Destroyer in the form of Andrei (shown for comparison) who is better in a lot of ways. Of course, if you need someone to fill a slot in the last chapters, she's your girl.

vA03sF9.png

To even things out, the enemy gets some reinforcements too. And just when everyone was almost ready to advance. Still, nothing more than a minor annoyance.

dBq0PRr.png

Right off the bat, Thelma engages two armor knights. Of course, there are lots of enemies around and this will attract their ire. We need to move fast.

OixpsL6.png

And we get our OTHER new arrival, our boss and the person Ash was hearing. Her portrait looks like Katarina, but, with evil red eyes...

Evil Katarina: What’s… going on? M-My head… Please, someone, help me…

gp4ROqP.png

Not only does she come with six ground units backing her up, she also brought the pegasi with her to attack us from above!

JHcLFdz.pngFEe1fRB.png

She's quite powerful. Her portrait, class, and character description signal to me that I definitely need to have Katarina interact with her.

vIIckaj.png

Ash gets S rank dark weapons... from smashing the pile of branches to help us get to Thelma. Of course.

FAst7Df.png

There's lots of enemies up top, but since the area immediately around us is clear, let's shop!

c1s5Hdw.png

It has a rather small selection, but you can get all the basic stuff you'd need for endgame here.

EWSWWyY.png6d4JMIf.png

The armory is full of steel and silver weapons. I don't end up spending all my money, but I make sure everyone will have a silver for the last few chapters.

ETXg49X.pngbdsLDYO.png

Thelma's taking plenty of hits. Let's move fast.

qpzhrcR.png

The lesser group is pretty close to her, they only need a couple more turns. That stupid cavalier wave caused my bigger group to get split up itself, so their advance has slowed down a bit.

CNRA66w.png

Normally I'd comment on the weapon triangle, but look at that berserker's palette! It's SO WEIRD!

QRO4QFC.png

The boss's group all coming for us at once is pretty imposing.

4PLG31l.png

Okay, good, she healed herself. We'll definitely rescue her now.

Mj2k5AE.png

Sorry, pegasus lady. You've failed to stop the unit who threatens you most.

QHEZu0m.png

Ordanze leans in close to tell this myrmidon how utterly obsolete and outmatched he is.

K2OGM2i.png

Meanwhile, Thelma is officially rescued, and once the other group gets a move on she'll be recruited, too. We're almost ready to head for Zara, the boss!

HxHUcbz.png

Val with the Deathblade and Kieran's supports? The weapon triangle stands no chance.

fNhBE4x.png

Just LOOK at them all. Still, it's our last real hurdle!

zpRHkLK.png

While we're at it, let's eat away at their back lines a little...

kc7CZZi.png

Ash and Alicia take the chokepoint against the big group. How will they do?

z53SDo3.png132TOrv.png

Brilliantly.

lL6IYu5.png

Thelma continues advancing... and stealing kills! We can't have her engaging the boss or anything silly!

VyU37zC.png

Hah... uh... no such thing as the weapon triangle joke... Reavers really make things weird, don't they?

H25e6Ka.png

Forget it, enjoy Drake throwing a sideways helicopter at this pirate.

J559HdF.png

Get on the team!

x9e3Yfx.png

Val: Excuse me!

19J9AB5.png

Val: Are you alright?

Thelma: You’re Lady Valentine, aren’t you? …Please, allow me to assist you here.

Val: …Maybe you should stay back for now. You look like you’ve been through a rough journey.

Thelma: No, I can’t do that. Please… just let me do this much. I beg of you.

Val: A-Alright then. But try to be careful. May I ask your name?

Thelma: Thelma.

Val: Okay. Let’s get going then, Thelma.

KVfmUKs.png

She's recruited! Now she can enjoy warming the bench. Get back, prepromote!

kXazKD4.png

This engagement was honestly really risky. Luckily, it paid off as usual.

wW0Od7E.png

Well, none of these guys are going to move until I draw in range. That means its time for...

7oOtRDk.png

SUPPORT FORMATION!

2Bueojn.png

First, let's get Drake/Katarina A out of the way. For the C support, Katarina spouted exposition. Then Drake spouted exposition in the B support. NOW what's going to happen? Are they going to take turns!?

UPeqiI7.png

Katarina: Oh, hello again. Can I help you?

Drake: No. I just came by to say thank you. Even if it is only you, I’m glad somebody cares enough about me to talk to me.

Katarina: You make me sound insignificant…

Drake: …Perhaps I phrased it wrong.

Katarina: It’s alright. I think I understand what you mean.

Drake: After I was left behind in the beginning, I thought I might just fade away. You people, the Egardians… It was almost like the whole world was against me.

Katarina: I’m glad I could help you, then.

Drake: We could use more people of the cloth like you, in the west.

Katarina: …I can’t make any promises. But I will keep that in mind going into the future.

Drake: Once again, thank you.

aWkQkbL.png

Wait... really? That's it? Just a short, nice, little A support? I'm almost disappointed...

LqroGnx.png

Maybe Kane x Ordanze A will be interesting. Remember, Kane just got Ordanze to agree to a fight...

xdRirG3.png

Ordanze: L-Lady Laraya…

OMbcACL.png

Evidently, Kane won. I'd just like you all to know, with crits and doubling on his side, Ordanze would pretty easily beat Kane in a real match.

Ordanze: To be defeated by one who would slander your name so… It is the ultimate disgrace.

Kane: Rise, Sir Ordanze.

Ordanze: Shut up! Don’t call me that! Just… kill me.

Kane: Why would I do that?

Ordanze: …I have done nothing but fail her since the very beginning. She is the one who gave me this life, yet I’ve used it so poorly. I do not deserve it any longer.

Kane: …Of course you do.

Ordanze: No… I don’t.

Kane: Yes… you do. Now, get up.

Ordanze: What are you-

Kane: I’m very sorry for everything that I said to you before. Your dedication to Lady Laraya is very impressive, Ordanze. I found myself in awe of it at first, if I’m honest. But a true knight must find his balance.

Ordanze: …Balance?

Kane: If you focus too much on protecting her, you cannot protect yourself. It distracts you… it makes you weaker. And a weak guardian cannot protect himself. Which means that he cannot protect the one he is supposed to either.

That's not only really round logic, but also a weird way of showing it. I don't entirely agree with Kane's actions here.

Ordanze: … …

Kane: You must understand that you are more than just a tool. You are your own person too. And you need to take care of that person as well. Because he too, is valuable.

*Kane leaves*

Ordanze: My own person…

jNA6yBV.png

Well, I dislike Kane SLIGHTLY less now. But, just so you all know, I'm not endorsing that it's okay to goad people, beat them up, and then say that it was all in the name of teaching them a valuable life lesson.

W1PL5qv.png\

Okay, now for the very crown jewel of supports: Kieran x Val A rank! We really did it! I thought we'd only done it JUST IN TIME, but it turns out we had more time than I thought to get this. Still, I'm glad we did!

9jpM8OH.png

Kieran: …What now?

Val: You want your vengeance so badly… But what will you do after that? Do you really not have anything left for you?

Kieran: …That’s not important.

Val: Isn’t it? There was once a story about a man like that… But in the end he took his own life.

Kieran: I don’t know what I’ll do. …Perhaps I’ll think like that, in the end, but who can say?

Things have gotten grim fast! Kieran and Val can't get together if Kieran's dead!

Val: Don’t say that! Kieran, you have to think about this. I may not have known this Lady Ranelle of yours, but if we’re anything like each other, neither of us would want to see that happen!

Kieran: There’s nothing more left for me. I’m not your Aunt. I don’t have a family or some close friend to live for. I’m just a ghost.

ZqIBsOG.png

Val: …So much more.

Kieran: No, I’m not. …So please, just stay away.

jG9YE4I.png

Quick! Get our your fanfiction writing pencils!

Val: After the passing of my father, I promised myself that I would do everything I could to prevent the deaths of those around me, be they friend or family. You have lent your aid to both me and Ash, and for that you are a trusted friend. …So I don’t want to think you’ll just disappear like that.

Kieran: Hmph… Why are you making this all about yourself all of a sudden?

Val: Because it’s the only way I think you can be convinced. I don’t understand you, but I truly want to, in my heart, even if you feel nothing for me. …So it’s the best I have. Call it selfish, but I’m right, aren’t I? You may not see much value in your life, but you must be able to see the value you have in everyone elses’. I know I am not her, but in her stead – as I am sure she would – I am begging you to continue living.

Kieran: To what purpose?

Val: …Protect me, as you would have protected her.

Kieran: … … Don’t be ridiculous.

Val: You don’t need to be afraid. If I know that you’re always by my side, then I won’t ever be taken away from you. I promise you.

tSj4s0w.pngvyXXN9j.png

Kieran: …I see.

Val: Are you… saying yes?

Val: … … Sorry. I guess tha-

Kieran: I’ll… put my trust in you. Like you did, way back when.

Val: Kieran… I’m so glad to hear you say that. I promise I won’t let you down.

gV6E4gk.png

I officially declare Val x Kieran to be canon. They'd better have a great paired ending after everything!

P8VwB7R.pngJn7O09F.png

Okay, it's luring time!

tFeuNdu.pngt16eRPL.png

Good try, buddy, but at this point in the game effective weapons aren't really effective due to all the stat inflation.

G99iNG8.png

Well never mind then, looks like she doesn't move.

o0gKZbh.png

And he does it AGAIN!

khirZaP.png

First, we'll start with Ash!

Cx6L2Si.png

Zara: Such darkness…

Msvo3Aa.png

Zara: You… heard my voice?

Ash: Yes, I did. Tell me, who are you? What’s happened to you?

Zara: …I-I’m sorry… M-My body is not my own right now. You… have to stop me first. Please, forgive me!

Ash: Damn it…

cGsoQ9Y.png

Holy Flare HURTS, especially for a dark user like Ash. Still, they both take away about half of the other's health.

dg1vksM.png

Now, I guess it's only suiting we finish with Katarina.

hpHrZTJ.png0Z3ZXUi.png

Katarina: You’re… Sister Zara? What are you doing here? Why do you walk amongst these lost souls?

Zara: I… do not know. The curse of this dark magic has taken hold of me. I have done my best to resist… But it appears that even the Goddess’ protection isn’t enough. I have only my own voice…

Katarina: …I cannot let this be… Please, Sister, forgive me for any pain I might cause you.

Zara: …I understand.

As you saw from the combat engagement earlier, Katarina easily bests her.

jJGKjTp.pngcoZReQN.png15zgCyB.png

Well, the possessed Katarina clone is down, and the chapter is over! Believe me when I saw that Katarina has plenty of numbers and probably doesn't need as much stats as she has. That's all for today!

NEXT TIME: We discover more about what exactly we're up against.

GROWTHS:

Thelma:

HP: 75%

Strength: 55%

Skill: 60%

Speed: 50%

Luck: 35%

Resistance: 20%

As you saw from the images, Andrei is a bit better than her and has more levels to gain, so we won't be using her. However, if we did use her, she wouldn't grow many levels in the time we had left, so she'd just become more of what she is already: Fast, skilled, and not particularly tanky. She's an absolutely serviceable unit for the endgame if you find yourself needing one.

...And that's all the growth sheets for the hack! We're completely done! There's no more! We've gotten EVERY character! Now, let's beat the game!