Text Editor in FEditor Adv

PrinceArjuna

Since I'm new in this hacking business, I wish to learn more about FEditor, especially the Text Editor. I followed several tutorials, and so far, so good. But I seem to have problem with things like how to put all the text control codes in their proper places. When I tried to put things in the text editor, all I got was a high-pitched noise when I played the ROM. Is there any guides on how to place these codes?

Also, what's the code that makes the portrait shake (like, jolt in surprise or something along the lines)? It's not specified in the readme.

In FEditor's Doc folder there's should be a Text Control Codes.txt file, which specifies how to use them. If you're not already, I also recommend referencing the original game scripts which you can dump using FEditor's Text Editor.

To have a portrait jump, just have it move to the spot where it's already standing. Example: If it's at MidRight, use [MoveMidRight].

Edited by Primefusion

In FEditor's Doc folder there's should be a Text Control Codes.txt file, which specifies how to use them. If you're not already, I also recommend referencing the original game scripts which you can dump using FEditor's Text Editor.

To have a portrait jump, just have it move to the spot where it's already standing. Example: If it's at MidRight, use [MoveMidRight].

Oh, thanks!