Roy Amiibo

King Garon

Roy amiibo is currently useless (unsupported). There's no word of whether the Roy amiibo would be supported in the future. It can still be possible since Japan recently got new DLC for Fire Emblem Fates but I wouldn't hold my breath.

If you're impatient on having Roy in your game, you can always start a new save file to craft one using the avatar customization system and then playing to Chapter 12 so that you can build an Einherjar shop and buy the Einherjar so that the Roy lookalike avatar is saved to your Unit Logbook (once you save the game afterwards, that is).

Secondary class: Mercenary

Boon: Deft (+Skill)

Bane: Weak (-Strength)

Boon and Bane because that's the Asset and Flaw the Einherjar Roy uses in Awakening.

Edited by Roflolxp54

and it most certainly never will be.

why yes, obviously it is absolutely certain that intsys will absolutely never patch functionality for a member of a high-selling peripheral line into a game that is selling very well, is still receiving active post-release dlc/patching support in japan, and is directly relevant to the peripheral in question. there is obviously no economic incentive for them to put together two things which are each having healthy sales, and there is obviously no precedent for high-performing nintendo games patching in support for more amiibo released after the games themselves

obviously

why yes, obviously it is absolutely certain that intsys will absolutely never patch functionality for a member of a high-selling peripheral line into a game that is selling very well, is still receiving active post-release dlc/patching support in japan, and is directly relevant to the peripheral in question. there is obviously no economic incentive for them to put together two things which are each having healthy sales, and there is obviously no precedent for high-performing nintendo games patching in support for more amiibo released after the games themselves

obviously

The main issue there is that so far IS has added no significant content with Fates' DLC at all, outside of the Cipher tie ins. All skills and classes and the one extra character (Anna) were already in the base game. They've only added skill books and class seals for already existing skills and classes.

It's notable though that right now the Roy Amiibo has no specific support at all outside of Smash Bros. Not even Mario Maker added a Roy skin, in spite of constantly adding new skins. So maybe there's still a chance we'll see something come the Japanese release.

Edited by NeonZ

>Take a shot every time a Roy Amiibo thread is made

Anyway, I remember making a thread about general Amiibo support way back when, then it was fused with some other thread. But I made it clear what every FE Amiibo did. Roy isn't supported as of now, but there may be an update to change this, though unlikely. As for the Corrin Amiibo, I don't know.

there's always FE 16

(fyi Birthright is FE 14 and Conquest is FE 15)

They aren't though. Fates (All 3 routes) are Fire Emblem 14.

But onto Roy. The main thing is that the Roy Amiibo hasn't been released in Japan yet.

The main issue there is that so far IS has added no significant content with Fates' DLC at all, outside of the Cipher tie ins. All skills and classes and the one extra character (Anna) were already in the base game. They've only added skill books and class seals for already existing skills and classes.

Ah yeah, since so far, most DLC rewards are disc-locked content that can be accessed early through use of a cheating device, save/RAM hacking, and porting saves.

Apart from the several times earlier in the thread where people said it hasn't, you mean.

Again sorry, I didn't see anything apart from the U.S. release, March 18th. If it hasn't been released in Japan yet, there may be hope. I still wouldn't bet 2 dollars on it, though.