Best personal skill

ChaosGallade

We have a thread for the worst personal skill, so this is a topic for the best ones.

For the Birthright campaign, I'm saying Rinkah's Fiery Blood (IMO). She's bulky enough to take a physical hit or two and it makes up for her middling Strength in some cases.

Oboro's Nohr Enmity, which makes up for the averageness of her Spear Fighter class, comes in close. If there's a Nohr-heavy map, I bring Oboro along. Of course, it's not that useful in Revelation, since you fight a mix of Hoshidans and Nohrians. Pretty useful in Birthright, though.

Edited by ChaosGallade

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oboro's personal actually begins to lose relevance in Revelations as you keep playing. Early on you mostly fight Nohr enemies, with some Hoshido in the mix, but after you enter Valla you begin to start fighting Hoshido enemies most often, especially when fighting against Mikoto and Sumeragi.

I'd say the best personal overall would probably be... either Azuras Healing Descant or the Avatars Supportive. Azura's doesn't really look like much of a boost, but it works really well when you also give her Amaterasu, though I guess that's only a specific scenario. Supportive though, unlike the skills that affect only the avatar this skill affects everyone who has a C support with them. This is so easy to achieve on accident, and it gives a free boost as long as the Avatar is the support unit.

While they aren't the best, three of my favorite personal skills are Peri's Bloodthirst, as it is the FE version of Pokemon's Moxie; Kiragi's Optimist for that +4 to his speed and Sophie's Mischievous for the -3 defense debuff and added effect of stripping units down to their skivvies.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

I find the "damage reduced" skills pretty useful in tight situations, so I'm gonna go with Elise and Sakura's proximity skills. Those have gotten me out of bad spots multiple times.

While they aren't the best, three of my favorite personal skills are Peri's Bloodthirst, as it is the FE version of Pokemon's Moxie; Kiragi's Optimist for that +4 to his speed and Sophie's Mischievous for the -3 defense debuff and added effect of stripping units down to their skivvies.

Peri might be able to work a decent Mallig Knight set if she can grab the class somehow. I love the fact that she gets Mag as well as Spd and Str, but in most of her classes its kind of a waste sadly.

Id say the best PS's are the ones that give the character free crit for just using the character. Odin, Ophelia, Ryouma, Takumi, Charlotte (moreso for PvP or against Falcos), and Misfortunate (Levant is gonna kill me for this) are a few good examples.

Midori's Lucky Charm is definitely a contender for best skill.

Something interesting is how the first generation units generally have better PS's than the kids, possibly to attempt to balance the 1st gen so that the kids dont completely overshadow some of them. however this point is moot when Ophelia exists.

Edited by Jakkun

For four, the royal sisters' personals. Also, Corrin's. Oboro and Yukimura both also have some pretty good personals (even if they're both only [largely] relevant in BR).

Id say the best PS's are the ones that give the character free crit for just using the character. Odin, Ophelia, Ryouma, Takumi, Charlotte (moreso for PvP or against Falcos), and Misfortunate (Levant is gonna kill me for this) are a few good examples.

Funny you say that, because I'm not convinced any of THOSE, aside from maybe Ophelia's, are all that great. . . Especially Charlotte's, which is way too situational to the point of being nigh useless. Or Arthur's because... well, I've covered it in the other thread. Or Odin's, which requires forging AND giving an absurdly long name... Fuhgeddaboudit.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Personally, I'd say Ophelias is better than Odins.

Compared to Odins, who calls for you forging a weapon and giving it some absurdly long name for the specific sake of increasing his crit, whereas Ophelia just needs to be carrying 2 extra tomes on top of her Missiletain. Hell, I make sure everyone has at least 3 weapons for safety sake.

Edited by Xenomata

Takumi's "Competitive" skill is really nice. +10 crit and +3 dmg -1 dmg taken if his supporter is same/higher lvl. Put him with someone like Effie or Beruka/Camilla is devastating.

Another powerful one is Arthur's skill. Its a high risk, high reward.

Lily's Pose is up there, and it's one of the main draws to Wyvern Elise. The enemy phase can get so brutal in Conquest that the -3 damage becomes a gamechanger. Of course, it's going to be quite hard to do that with a sickly Troubadour, but guess which Troubadour has access to a reasonably sturdy class that still lets her use her Mag...oh, and 8-move flight.

In my experience, Camilla's is a little harder to use becuase of how efficient she is in wiping out hordes of enemies by herself. Very rarely will she be close enough to someone who'll need it, much less forfeit an action for positioning the way Elise can.

Edited by Inference

Ryoma - Kinda obvious. This Personal skill is all kind of "what the fuck". Lets put it this way, this is pretty much Soleil personal skill and Odin personal skill thrown in one.

Silas - Really abusive if abused properly. Free 3/3 is ridiculous

Xander - Free 2/2

I think i would probably list every bonus damage PS with trivial requirements such as Soleil, Hinata, Effie, and Shiro so i'll stop

Gunter/Jakob/Felicia - Just a solid Personal skill because Corrin is always used

Corrin - Supportive version of Ryoma/Silas

Royal Aura - probably the most useful personal in the game

Kaze and Midori is also notable because of how annoying it is, but its unbelievably irrelevant in game

Edited by JSND

Ryoma's is kinda insane. Guess who has a lot of damage to start with and tanks by doing a lot of damage so you give him more damage and chances to triple his damage? For basically free? That's Ryoma's skill. Like this fucker joins at 20/4 when your team is reasonably not even promoted, bar early promotions and has higher level forever unless you really neglect him or something. It's basically constant.

Rinkah's is excellent for getting her to be actually quite a useful unit. Knowing how to use Flame Blood is the difference between "waaaah so low damage" and the route to superzerk who can do 45 in a single hit with a throwing club. It's so easy to activate. You can activate it by eating an hp tonic on the map, even if you don't take damage.

Takumi's "Competitive" skill is really nice. +10 crit and +3 dmg -1 dmg taken if his supporter is same/higher lvl. Put him with someone like Effie or Beruka/Camilla is devastating.

Another powerful one is Arthur's skill. Its a high risk, high reward.

I love that Arthur's skill is showing up on lists for both best and worst.

I'm gonna one up Takumi and say Ryoma's, though. It's just more likely that the supporting unit is going to be weaker.

For four, the royal sisters' personals. Also, Corrin's. Oboro and Yukimura both also have some pretty good personals (even if they're both only [largely] relevant in BR).

Funny you say that, because I'm not convinced any of THOSE, aside from maybe Ophelia's, are all that great. . . Especially Charlotte's, which is way too situational to the point of being nigh useless. Or Arthur's because... well, I've covered it in the other thread. Or Odin's, which requires forging AND giving an absurdly long name... Fuhgeddaboudit.

Compared to Odins, who calls for you forging a weapon and giving it some absurdly long name for the specific sake of increasing his crit, whereas Ophelia just needs to be carrying 2 extra tomes on top of her Missiletain. Hell, I make sure everyone has at least 3 weapons for safety sake.

Man, coming up with names is half the fun, guys. I never considered having to forge a weapon a drawback. I think all of my characters that don't have legendary unique stuf use forged weapons.

Man, coming up with names is half the fun, guys. I never considered having to forge a weapon a drawback. I think all of my characters that don't have legendary unique stuf use forged weapons.

Meh. I pretty much never bothered with forging in past FE games. I don't see any reason to bother with it now, with the way it's been revamped and the fact that the improvements are minimal. Especially on Conquest, because of limited resources. Creativity is not my strong suit, either. . .

Sophie's Mischievous.

Strips the target of their armor AND lowers their DEF by 3. What more could you want?

I also find Elise's Lily's Poise and Camilla's Rose's Thorns useful, especially when I was doing my first playthrough in Conquest. And Odin's Aching Blood is really funny in concept, and gives Crit+ 10 when using the weapon, which is cool.

Meh. I pretty much never bothered with forging in past FE games. I don't see any reason to bother with it now, with the way it's been revamped and the fact that the improvements are minimal. Especially on Conquest, because of limited resources. Creativity is not my strong suit, either. . .

I don't recall doing it in past games, either, but the game really dumps gems on you in Fates, even in Conquest, so forging isn't much of a problem. Getting at least a +1 item shouldn't really cost you anything at all. Now, going for higher than that can start to add up as you try to buy more weapons to combine, but I still wouldn't consider it a drawback of Odin's skill. As far as I'm concerned, that's just as free a bonus as Ophelia's.

Odin's forged weapon I made for him is called Necromicon XII. When I was feeling particularly lazy, I made one named ORAORAORAORA!

If you don't give a crap, just type babble. It fits his character pretty good, if I must say so.

Edited by SaiSymbolic

I don't recall doing it in past games, either, but the game really dumps gems on you in Fates, even in Conquest, so forging isn't much of a problem. Getting at least a +1 item shouldn't really cost you anything at all. Now, going for higher than that can start to add up as you try to buy more weapons to combine, but I still wouldn't consider it a drawback of Odin's skill. As far as I'm concerned, that's just as free a bonus as Ophelia's.

...For ONE weapon type. And if the gems I get are not for tomes, I'm pretty much SOL.

EDIT:

why is it worse?

Because in those games, you could modify a stat by an obscene amount. (See: Walking about with a +10 Mt Iron Sword, for example) Awakening's forging system was a more limited version of the one used in those games.

Peri might be able to work a decent Mallig Knight set if she can grab the class somehow. I love the fact that she gets Mag as well as Spd and Str, but in most of her classes its kind of a waste sadly.

Dark Knight.

Gotta disagree with you there. Odin's is more flexible, because all he needs is one weapon. Ophelia's locked to a magical class, OR needs to carry around three useless weapons.

Now, for the actual question. . .sorta torn between Laslow, Silas, Hinoka, and Sakura. All of them have their uses, and most of them aren't that hard to pull off (especially if Corrin has Samurai in his/her class set).

Odin's forged weapon I made for him is called Necromicon XII. When I was feeling particularly lazy, I made one named ORAORAORAORA!

If you don't give a crap, just type babble. It fits his character pretty good, if I must say so.

Was the tome Lightning, at least?

---------

I've found Kaze's and Hinoka's to be the most beneficial for me, and in some circumstances Kiragi's is great too.