Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Cloud of Malice

Moblin Major General

So, I happen to notice that there is a slightly disturbing lack of Pokémon RPs, the last one dating back to more than 2 years ago. With my schedule miraculously opening up (at the expense of the Last Holy War), I can run another RP. This time, however, there will be far less, if any, statistical involvement, which for some makes things easier.

[spoiler=Plot]Long ago, their were both Pokemon and humans. They were together in all endeavors. Then one day, man vanished. In their wake, some Pokemon forged complex societies that ruled over large areas of the old human regions. Others went on as usual, keeping to their ancestral range. However, others continued the work of their forerunners. Most of these were just criminals, seeking the unused funds of man. But among them were the Pokémon of former Cipher members, wanting to achieve the dark future of their leader, Ardos. One by one, they got themselves to close their hearts, and they rampaged across the world. As they raged, more lost hope and closed their hearts, adding to the Shadow Pokemon. Eventually, Shadow Pokémon made travel dangerous, meaning only a select few ever ventured far beyond their homes. Even so, some look for them, hoping to return them to who they were, or put them out of their misery.

[spoiler=Rules]1. No godmodding, marysues, or metagaming. Ever.

2. No smut. Just because Pokémon breed doesn't mean you need to explain it.

3. Only play as your characters (Call me out if I fail to follow this one).

4. I will put out Pokémon to recruit every so often.

5. Evolution is at my discretion. Either PM me or I will allow characters to evolve by myself.

6. Moves start out natural and Egg moves only, 65 BP max before modifiers(Acrobatics/Hex allowed), but TMs, 65> moves, and tutor moves allowed later.

7. Fighting styles shown in the anime are allowed.

[spoiler=Character Creation Rules]1. Name

2. Pokémon Species(either basic Pokémon or single evolution, but no legendaries. Specify Gender, especially if Nidoran, Ralts, or Snorunt)

3. Moves: As stated above, just put them here.

4. Personality: You can pass on this if your Pokémon can't express emotion, speak, or is a Paras, which renders any personality moot upon evolution

5. Backstory: Humans existed prior to this RP, but they don't anymore. Do with that what you will.

[spoiler=Example Character]Name: Erusea

Species: Nidoran(M)

Moves: Peck, Double Kick, Poison Tail, Horn Attack

Personality: Wise, brave, and uncompromising, among other regal qualities, as his lineage implies.

Backstory: Erusea was the son of the alphas of his Nidoran pack. One day, he got separated from them, but just as well, as he found himself to be the only survivor of the tribe. He managed to find other sole survivors and misfits, creating a small band to fight against the troubles of a new and terrifying Pokémon World.

Edited by Hylian Air Force

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^A mixture of Mystery Dungeon and main series, with a little bit of anime logic. Unless you meant plot, which I have yet to figure out. However, I could base this on an RP I was apart of years back on nuzforums, which blended PMD with the Orre games.

I love PMD and would love to RP it with folks, but I don't do forum RP... I prefer IM RP since it's faster and more realtime, whereas forum RP is more like writing novella together with folks lol.

But good luck have fun with this and stufferses.

Well, might as well throw my hat into the ring, so to speak.

Name: Phillipe

Species: Piplup (m)

Moves: Water Gun, Pound, Leer

Personality: Strong sense of justice, a bit arrogant, strong sense of duty, awkward with females, somewhat timid in person

Backstory: Crown Prince Phillipe is the heir to the throne of the Water Empire, inhabited by water types and ruled by the Empoleon Dynasty. As the eldest son of Emperor Charles XI and Empress Elise (both Empoleons) Phillipe was born into luxury, but instilled with a sense of duty. Because of this, he can be a bit of a prick, but his heart remains in the right place. Now, though, in his greatest test, his father has sent him out to experience life beyond the Water Empire, and journey alone.This will be his greatest challenge yet.

Well, might as well throw my hat into the ring, so to speak.

Name: Phillipe

Species: Piplup (m)

Moves: Water Gun, Pound, Leer

Personality: Strong sense of justice, a bit arrogant, strong sense of duty, awkward with females, somewhat timid in person

Backstory: Crown Prince Phillipe is the heir to the throne of the Water Empire, inhabited by water types and ruled by the Empoleon Dynasty. As the eldest son of Emperor Charles XI and Empress Elise (both Empoleons) Phillipe was born into luxury, but instilled with a sense of duty. Because of this, he can be a bit of a prick, but his heart remains in the right place. Now, though, in his greatest test, his father has sent him out to experience life beyond the Water Empire, and journey alone.This will be his greatest challenge yet.

Once again, you assume the more royalist position than I. I accept.

Ganon write some plot before you post games please

this is why they die

Also, not talking to anyone. That sucks balls, and not in the fun way.

Edited by Terrador

Name: Rick

Species: Gastly

Moves: Lick, Hypnosis, Hex, Disable

Personality: Jovial, likes the sounds of nature and surprising people.

Backstory: Rick was part of a group of ghosts who lived in the remains of an abandonded house. Always interested in the sounds around him, he soon began to sing along to any noises he heard. However, the other ghosts around him soon began to predict when he was about to start. Looking for people people to share his interests with, Rick set out into the vast world.

Once again, you assume the more royalist position than I. I accept.

Well, I have always had the headcanon that Empoleons are the monarchs of PMD because honestly who else would be?

Oh, a Pokémon RP. I remember the last one that was here... and it did kinda just died out. I'll consider it.

Well, I have always had the headcanon that Empoleons are the monarchs of PMD because honestly who else would be?

Serperior?

Oh, a Pokémon RP. I remember the last one that was here... and it did kinda just died out. I'll consider it.

Serperior?

Serperior... that could work actually. If the Rmpoleons are the Bourbons the Serperiors are the Hapsburgs.

A few questions for ya, Ganny Boy.

-Could you give us a geographical/civilzation rundown of the world as the characters know it?

-Got a list of important NPCs for us?

-What is daily life like for an ordinary Pokemon in this world? Is it a scarcity economy like our world, and if so how is value produced?

The situation begins like actual PMD, in that, once they find a place to operate, they can explore. I already have locales lined up, but the details will come later.

You can at least bet on Kecleons, Mama Kangaskan, a trainer NPC, and several legendary and mythical cameos.

Daily life is also close to the source material, in that goods are traded mainly at the local level, Wingull and Pelliper deliver mail and news, and that various guilds do things like exploring, S&R, and Law Enforcement where applicable(good job for emotionless Pokemon like Magnemite or Golurk). The economy is mostly barter, although Poke is widely accepted by Kecleon Merchants.

Yeah, but what's the area we live in like? What's the nature of other civilized hubs out there? Who are the household names in our area? What's the population? Are Pokemon in danger of going hungry, or is demand to go out and bring in more resources relatively low?

It's a plateau that grants enough space for a society, though it is currently uninhabited. Without Wingull or Pelliper, we cannot learn of other civilizations yet. We all share common knowledge of Kecleon merchants, Kangaskan, Marowak trainers, and a few of us even know about Spinda juice joints. While the 3 most basic needs are covered, there aren't many needs at or beyond Tier 2 being met, what with all the Shadow Pokemon and criminals about.

EDIT: Three's a crowd, so let's start. You wake up next to a river, with little recollection of why you're there. You look to the side and see a plateau, and are under the impression that it looks uninhabited, but sustainable. On the other hand, the way there seems to cross a place where feral Pokemon often congregate. They can be fierce, but often flee if you prove to be a threat.

Encounters: Caterpie, Scatterbug, Burmy, Ledyba.

(NPC Pokémon can be recruited once the plateau is reached.)

Edited by Hylian Air Force

I get my bearings, still unaccustomed to anything less than the carpets of the palace under my feet. I can understand Father's logic here, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. Anyway, It would appear to be a rather poor strategy to move towards the wild Pokemon; I do not wish to be swarmed. I should move towards the plateau, but be careful to avoid the Pokemon for a time. Fortunately, I have an advantage over other Pokemon in this regard: I can swim. I jump in the river and begin swimming towards the plateau, at the same time readying myself to face any danger.

Rick wasn't quite sure where he was, there was very little that he could recall. He knew the rules though, places like this were often dangerous, filled with threats from less than friendly pokemon. It certainly was a change of scenery, the open plains and plateau were very different to the building he was used to. However, he was fully committed, more than ever before, it was likely to be a good starting place.

He wasn't really sure how he was feeling, it was a mixture of excitement and anticipation, as well as a healthy dose of nerves. There was also the matter of understanding what was going to happen to him, how far from home was he? It wasn't really the time to give up though, this was the beginning of a new adventure, it'd be a let down just to hide next to the river.

Floating along, Rick took note of the other pokemon in the area. Being a Gastly gave him certain advantages, the terrain didn't really matter, it could have been grass, river or even desert, it was all the same to him.