Young Hero: A Fire Emblem Fate Fanfic

KentaEzren

Chapter 1: A dark presence

It had come to pass that Hoshido and Nohr had signed on peace after the fall of Anankos. Words could not describe how beautiful the kingdoms have become, after the treaty between the once war torn countries have agreed to stop the fighting once and for all. But, for some reason, a new dark presence has been felt by the mages of the kingdoms, yet no one could find out what it was and/or how it got to the surface of Hoshido and Nohr.

In Hoshido, Orochi rushes to the throne room to tell Ryoma of this news. She kneels to him once she had arrived there. "Prince Ryoma... I have felt a new presence outside our borders, and I am relieved to say it is no presence of Nohrians or people of Valla." She explains to the Eldest of Hoshido's royalty. He looks shocked of the news that Orochi brings to him, and is silent for a few minutes. "If it isn't Nohr or Valla.... What could it be? We must send a message to Corrin and Prince Xander at once. If we don't find out what it is soon... I fear bad things will happen." He finally replies, taking a deep breath.

So Ryoma wrote two letters, and sent them on birds to get the message. After writing the letter, Takumi, Hinoka, and Sakura arrive to the throne room, where Ryoma sits, with a worried look on his face. "Ryoma... is something wrong? I haven't seen you this worried since Corrin made his decision on which side to choose." Takumi tells him, sighing. "Takumi, Hinoka, Sakura.... Orochi had told me that a dark presence had been felt, and it's not the Nohrians, or the Valletes. I fear if we don't find soon... The kingdoms may be attacked by an unknown enemy. I have sent a letter to Corrin and Prince Xander about this, and told them we should try and find where it's coming from." Ryoma replies. Takumi, Hinoka, and Sakura have a shocked look on their face from the news. "W-we have to find out what it could be... It couldn't be any of Anankos's leftover powers s-summoning the source, could it?" Sakura theorizes, taking a deep breath afterwards. "It couldn't be. Corrin destroyed him with the Omega Yato and help from us." Hinoka reminds them, "Some people in Cheve and Izumo have seen strange sightings of little shadows on the ground and in the lakes and rivers, considering it to be other worldly... So it may be coming from-" Hinoka, Sakura, Takumi, and Ryoma are shocked to already find their answer. "THE DRAGONS GATE!" The Royals of Hoshido all say at once. "We have to tell Corrin and the Nohrian Royalty to come to there. It may lead to an uncharted part of the two countries."

Edited by KentaEzren

Chapter 2: Through the old gate

The Hoshidan royals had rode off to the dragons gate, bringing the troops that supported them throughout the past war. Ryoma, Takumi and their retainers went on horseback, while Hinoka, Sakura and their retainers rode Kinshi's or Pegasi to the gate. Once they had arrived, they met the Nohrian royals and their troops there, along with their retainers and Corrin. "Glad we could show up when the news broke. We're having the kids watch the kingdom while we're out. Me and Leo can trust Siegbert and Forrest on that." Xander greeted to them, "Well now... If Hinoka and the townsfolk's theory on the presence coming from beyond the gates... We have to be extra careful. Who knows what could come from there and attack us. Shall we?" The families agreed on this and went in, but Odin, Lazlow, and Selena lagged behind them when they did go in. "Hopefully we don't show up to Ylisse when Grima came to the past. The last time we went there was unexpected AND too close!" Selena sighed. "They'll find out someday... lets just be thankful they don't know now!" Lazlow replies, going in the dragon's gate. Odin and Selena didn't waste anytime following Lazlow through the gates.

The families, retainers, and troops had arrived at the same time. Hayato had seemed to notice something when they arrived, and had a surprised look on his face. "T-this is... Were in the uncharted region between the borders of Hoshido and Nohr! My adoptive father has been here before when he was very young!" The young mage told them, looking at the vast mountains surrounding them. "Did he tell you what directions to follow if you went here...? WE'RE PROBABLY LOST!" Silas complained to him. "I'm afraid he has a point. But there seems to be a path leading down from here." Corrin pointed out, "Let's see what's down the road." The group nodded in agreement and went down the beautiful dirt road.

Chapter 3: Empty Village

The group had followed down the road, and felt the presence felt darker and darker as they went. They would soon walk up on a hill to see... A village? "A village... We can rest there." Kaze said, as he went towards it with the group. The village had seemed to be empty, as they looked they found no one. Just then... they had saw a boy running from what seemed to be two guards, but Nyx, Orochi, Hayato and Odin felt the dark presence inside of them, as Odin then attacked them with a sword, while Hayato used a spear to take down the other guard. The boy tried running after that, but was stopped by Xander going around the corner he ran to. He had hit his head on the armor that Xander was wearing, which caused him to get knocked out. Niles had searched him to see if he stole anything, but oddly enough, there wasn't anything found. "He didn't steal... but what were those guards after him for?" He looked backed at the attacked guards, yet they had seemed to dissolve into darkness afterwards. "They must have been beings of darkness... so the source may be coming from here." Orochi said, then looking at the boy. She found out that he had a mark on his arm. The mark was a sword, which looked exactly liked the Yato. She was in shock when she saw this. "This Mark.... Its the Yato itself...?!" She gasped. "How can that be...?" She wondered, "Was this a mark of the gods...?" She then turned to Corrin. "We have to bring him. Somehow i know he may be of use." She finally sighed. "We don't know if he can fight... but if what you say is true... ill bring him." He replied. He then picked up the boy and put him on horseback.