Fire Emblem E3 2016 Planning Thread: Submissions DUE SEPTEMBER 15th

ghast

Just letting you guys know that planning for this year's FEE3 has been in the works already. I'll tell you guys what I know right now.

- FEE3 2016 will probably take place at the beginning of October, with the due dates likely being in September like last year.This provide submitters with like... a lot of time to get their shit done. We absolutely cannot postpone FEE3 again. Just get your stuff together and don't procrastinate.

- The event will be hosted on my channel, and Mangs and Melissa (Snake mom) will be playing through the submissions alongside me. Mangs and I will be doing video LPs, and Melissa will be offering to both do normal LPs and streams.

- It is up to the hacker to decide how they want their work showcased. If they don't care, we will just decide among ourselves.

- Make a Fun Chapter 2 (hosted by me) will also be featured for FEE3 this year. So single chapter hackers can get some big time spotlight too!

- Tangerine will help us promote the event this year through the website. The details aren't exactly ironed out yet, though.

Videos/Streams

-Videos this year will not exceed 30 minutes. And this year we're going to take the event much slower and upload maximum 2 videos a day.

-In terms of streams, the stream will be condensed into 30 minute videos as well, with the full stream being archived on Melissa's own youtube channel if you want to see the full thing. If you want a stream, then you'll need to submit your thing probably earlier than if you were just wanting a normal video LP, since Melissa might need more time to edit and condense the stream into 30 minutes, so be prepared for that I guess.

-You can still submit tech demos and trailers and stuff, obvously!

---

I think that's all? If you have any questions ask away.

Edited by ghast

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, good, due dates are in September. I like. I also like the idea of 30 minute max. videos.

Are we going to enter/sign-up our projects in this thread too, or wait for another one?

- FEE3 2016 will probably take place at the beginning of October, with the due dates likely being in September like last year.This provide submitters with like... a lot of time to get their shit done. We absolutely cannot postpone FEE3 again. Just get your stuff together and don't procrastinate.

Seriously guys pls

I'm gonna go ahead and confirm my project's appearance, assuming last year's format is fine.

Project: KelssFE: The Musical (working title)

Platform: .exe

Showing: Let's Play and demo release

Honestly, it might be the full-on release instead of just a demo, but that depends on how many caffeine-addled evenings I get to have to myself during the lull between the end of school and the start of summer work. I'll throw together something for M2FC: MAFC Harder, too.

Edited by Alusq

Aight, let's do this.

Project: The Road to Ruin

Platform: FE7

Submission: Patch, Interview? (I think I always say that I might do an interview)

Might as well throw it out here that I will be doing my best to have TRTR complete by submission time. As in, I release the final product.

No guarantees, but I'm going to really push myself over the next few months.

I had to skip last year due to school/graduating/finding a job, but this year I should be able to come out swinging.

Plenty of time to procrastinate finish some of my hack.

Project: Staff of Ages

Platform: FE8

Submission: Patch (hopefully something beyond the first few chapters but we'll see how that goes)(and an interview I guess if you reaaaaaaaalllly want me to do one but I'm not making promises on the quality of that)

• 4 weeks later...

Project name: Elibean Nights
Platform: FE7
Showing: There will be a finalized patch released sometime around FEE3 and a trailer.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Name Dream of Five (name potentially to be changed? probs not before FEE3 starts tho)

Platform 7

Showing the old, terrible script written by a teenage garbageman hamstrung by red tape has been ripped out entirely. A new, actually good script has been inserted. It now has such incredible things like a coherent plot, consistent characters and actually sympathetic protagonists as well as actual degrees of nuance, which are the perks of not relying on a 16-year old to write your hack and instead getting that same guy, five years later and with actual university classes and motivation and the authority to overwrite other 16-year olds' precious OCs, specifically that guy is me, get fucking hyped.

(Aukema is already rewritten, Musain will be, Onduris is shelved for the time being)

also probably some other changes i have no idea what the rest of the crew has planned i'm gonna hella overshadow them

hmu if you need any more details

Edited by Parrhesia

• 3 weeks later...